PDA

View Full Version : Media in the Palm of Al Qaeda's Hands

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-05-2005, 04:37 AM
Damn, how pathetic is this? It's fairly obvious that AQ's goal is to drive a wedge between Europe and the US.

And they've rolled out this whole notion in the aftermath of the London subway bombings that it's all because Britain is helping us in Iraq, and the media has bought it hook, line, and sinker.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/04/rumsfeld.iraq/index.html

It's one of the more amazing things I've seen, really. Who needs Al Qaeda when you've got the fucking idiot media?

No one was in Iraq when they blew up the embassies in Africa, or the USS Cole, or committed 9/11, etc.

Someone please tell me that the media isn't this stupid. It's almost comical right now that the media's hate for Bush and the U.S. is to the point where they are lapping up everything Al Qaeda says.

What a Popdamn joke.

:depressed

Nbadan
08-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I don't think that the British are arguing that they got hit by elements of Al-Queda because of their involvement in the war on terror and in particular the war in Iraq. So why is this administration?

And this statement by Rummy seems curious

"The United States and its allies did not provoke the terrorists; the terrorists attacked America," he said. "There was no war in Iraq or Afghanistan when America was attacked on September 11th. And there was no war in Iraq or Afghanistan when terrorists attacked the Beirut barracks in 1983, in the Khobar Towers in 1996 or the African embassies in 1998, or when they attacked the USS Cole in the year 2000."

What did Iraq have to do with Sept 11th? Does Rummy know something that the 911 Commission and the Corporate media don't?

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Wow, you sure took a giant reach on Rummie's quote. Nice one. His point was that the whole "you're being targeted because of Iraq" thing didn't apply when we got nailed by 9/11.

You are getting really good at twisting quotes though.

SWC Bonfire
08-05-2005, 02:10 PM
What a Popdamn joke.

Pop = God now, AHF? :lol

ChumpDumper
08-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Did they not arrest a bunch of guys involved with the bombings?

Did Rummy ask them why they did it?