PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Any doubt Heat beat the Pacers?

Ghazi
03-06-2014, 04:43 AM
Pacers lack a superstar, George is arguably not even a top 10 player... they have the 20th best offense in the league, which really undermines their amazing defense.

Heat have the best player of all time, and a supporting cast about equal to that of George's, who is 1/4 the player Lebron is.

I think this much anticipated ECF might be an easy Heat in 6 victory

spurraider21
03-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Heat will be the odds on favorites regardless of who has home court. I still wouldn't exactly call it a bye. Hibbert saves his best ball for Miami, and he is the threat, not George. Indiana isn't going to compete because George is dueling LeBron. He just has to do enough so Indiana's inside advantage can prevail. Stephenson's improvement is a big deal, since the Pacers already not-so-great offense looked fucking miserable against Miami when George needed a breather.

Smart money is on Miami, but I'm definitely not counting Indiana out.

Rogue
03-06-2014, 04:49 AM
trading Granger away destroyed the team's chemistry & locker room atmosphere imho. there're some players who you'd have to keep on your squad until they retire even when they're already useless, like the twilight version of Gary Neville to Womanchester Disunited.

sook
03-06-2014, 04:50 AM
Where you been Ghazi my arabian niqqa?

Yea I agree, Pacers blew their wad way too early. Even while George was playing good you could tell that it was sort of fools gold. Can't believe how many people fell for it and started jerking him off but hes deff. not top 10.

Lance is a bonehead also, they need a smarter and more seasoned player.

sook
03-06-2014, 04:51 AM
trading Granger away destroyed the team's chemistry & locker room atmosphere imho. they're some players who you'd have to keep on your squad until they retire even when they're already useless, like the twilight version of Gary Neville to Womanchester Disunited.

Interesting.

I think they were sucking way before that too doe.

Just a cupcake team thats exposed. They have virtually no shot at getting past the Antichrist and his team of goons if they don't secure HCA.

Rogue
Persian nigga*, tbh.

Thebesteva
Outside of the Heat there are no A level teams. God truly loves Lebron. Kobe had to go through the Celtics in 2010, MJ had the Jazz, and even Duncan had to face the Lakers in the Western Conference year after year. Lebron's road is EASY money

Rogue
03-06-2014, 04:53 AM
And I agree the Pacers are grossly overrated, they're just the eastern version of the Guest team imho. Paul George is just an upgraded Kawhi Leonard (or the prime Josh Howard, which is equivalent)

spurraider21
03-06-2014, 04:54 AM
And I agree the Pacers are grossly overrated, they're just the eastern version of the Guest team imho. Paul George is just an upgraded Kawhi Leonard (or the prime Josh Howard, which is equivalent)
Calling him prime Josh Howard is actually quite the complement coming from you, since I recall you saying prime Smokey was arguably the #1 option over Dirk aka Thor :lol

Rogue
03-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Outside of the Heat there are no A level teams. God truly loves Lebron. Kobe had to go through the Celtics in 2010, MJ had the Jazz, and even Duncan had to face the Lakers in the Western Conference year after year. Lebron's road is EASY money
God ain't HarlemHeat, bro. he'll kick the living shit out of the Great Satan in the 2015 NBA finals and tie himself with MJ on ring count.

sook
03-06-2014, 04:56 AM

Josh Howard :lmao

Rogue
03-06-2014, 04:58 AM
Calling him prime Josh Howard is actually quite the complement coming from you, since I recall you saying prime Smokey was arguably the #1 option over Dirk aka Thor :lol
there were such hypes back then but I never bought them tbh. The prime Smokey was a solid #2, good player on both ends of the floor. Some people thought he was going to take Dirk's role on this team but it didn't take too long before they realized how wrong they were.

Gummi Clutch
03-06-2014, 05:08 AM
Josh Howard was a damn good player at one point and you can't blame people for thinking that he may have become better than Dirk. Dirk had the tendency to lift up his skirt and bend over to expose his vagina before he got set straight by the heat in the 06 finals. JHoward also got exposed that year and Dirk finally grew his clit into a small penis that gave him enough testosterone to play somewhat in the post and play NBA level defense.

Budkin
03-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Might go 7 again but Heat win.

Clipper Nation
03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Heat in 5.... Pacers win the first game, causing LeBron haters to form a semen cloud visible from space, but then get backdoor swept by the Kang, tbh....

Arnold Toht
03-06-2014, 11:08 AM
As long as Duncan doesn't ring.

King Emmanuel
03-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Heat in 5.... Pacers win the first game, causing LeBron haters to form a semen cloud visible from space, but then get backdoor swept by the Kang, tbh....

happens too often

RsxPiimp
03-06-2014, 11:21 AM

Bump material in a few months.

Clipper Nation
03-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Bump material in a few months.
Hey, maybe the Pacers prove me wrong, but it's starting to look like one of those series Miami has every year that's tougher on paper....

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-06-2014, 11:35 AM

:lmao

Fabbs
03-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Smart money is on Miami, but I'm definitely not counting Indiana out.
Yep. Since Miami beat them so soundly last year. :rolleyes
While i expect him to make no impact, wouldn't it be something if Bynum actually put forth effort and changed the outcome?
(Dk if he is even able to with his injuries.)

Thread
03-06-2014, 12:19 PM
I worry constantly about the Spurs in the Finals again and the Heat trying to duplicate last June:::Up 3 and every single Spur was standing on paint. Pop has 'em solved though, only his rigidity & Duncan's wife outing him during the playoffs prevented Kool from driving 3 hours in from Van Nuys to Staples to hand over the shit bag.

z0sa
03-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Pacers took em to 7 last year, so there's some gray area, particularly if the Pacers retain their HCA.

Thread
03-06-2014, 12:29 PM
^Yeah, you'd love to have them show up in Texas in early June.

"In many way they're more of a challenge than say,,,,the Heat. I really respect what they have done. And you know,,,(chuckle, chuckle) Larry Bird is one of the greatest all time players in NBA history. Uh, wow. What he has done with the Boston Celtics and now the Pacers by coming & going in bad times & good times is just amazing. I couldn't be more pleased to hump their legs as I did the Heat legs last time if it should come to that."

ambchang
03-06-2014, 12:44 PM
While the Heat certainly had more talent than the Pacers, the matchups actually slightly favour the Pacers.

Lebron is better than George by quite some distance, but it's at least reasonable.
Stephenson matches up Wade
West and Bosh are pretty much a wash
But the Heat has absolutely no answer for Hibbert, and the Pacers have the better coach.

I will still say Heat in 6 or 7, but the Pacers can upset.

monosylab1k
03-06-2014, 12:48 PM
1. Point out the completely obvious
2. Act like your pointing out of the obvious is some sort of expert take
3. Get an overpriced handjob

Det Ghazi Life tbh..

RsxPiimp
03-06-2014, 12:49 PM

Det Ghazi Life tbh..
:lol

King Emmanuel
03-06-2014, 12:49 PM

man we couldn't finish it off last year

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2014, 12:50 PM

Det Ghazi Life tbh..

:lol still denying the 49ers are a declining team, despite their coach wanting to leave..

Katherine Robinson
03-06-2014, 01:01 PM
The Pacers have the tools, they just need to regroup and get ready for the post-season. When they were playing the way they should, they were clearly a serious contender and there's no reason why they can't get into this mode again. Although, if things do not change they will be falling to the Heat or even a over performing team.

UNCLE-DREW
03-06-2014, 01:02 PM
While the Heat certainly had more talent than the Pacers, the matchups actually slightly favour the Pacers.

Lebron is better than George by quite some distance, but it's at least reasonable.
Stephenson matches up Wade
West and Bosh are pretty much a wash
But the Heat has absolutely no answer for Hibbert, and the Pacers have the better coach.

I will still say Heat in 6 or 7, but the Pacers can upset.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

ambchang
03-06-2014, 01:15 PM
:rollin :rollin :rollin

One's doing 19/5/5, the other is doing 14/7/5. Sure Wade is better, but the gap is really closing, and is certainly smaller than Hibbert vs. whoever the Heat has.

RsxPiimp
03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
One's doing 19/5/5, the other is doing 14/7/5. Sure Wade is better, but the gap is really closing, and is certainly smaller than Hibbert vs. whoever the Heat has.

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2014, 01:56 PM
They have a legit chance, tbh..

Indiana would get destroyed against the Thunder or Spurs in the Finals, but their confidence level is high against Miami..Miami is one of the only teams in the league that makes Roy Hibbert look like a competent offensive player, and the Heat have trouble playing against Indy's physicality..

The Heat will win because of Lebron, but they really don't have any consistent players outside of King, tbh(considering Bosh is usually overwhelmed against Indy)..

kobe4life
03-06-2014, 02:26 PM
The Heat will win because of Lebron, but they really don't have any consistent players outside of King, tbh(considering Bosh is usually overwhelmed against Indy)..

Its Harlem the Great Satan dick sucker spreading misinformation like usual. The Great Satan has two all-star players in Wade and Bosh who are both consistent. Stop acting like the Great Satan is playing with a bunch of scrubs.

This Is My Last Post
03-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Josh Howard was a damn good player at one point and you can't blame people for thinking that he may have become better than Dirk. Dirk had the tendency to lift up his skirt and bend over to expose his vagina before he got set straight by the heat in the 06 finals. JHoward also got exposed that year and Dirk finally grew his clit into a small penis that gave him enough testosterone to play somewhat in the post and play NBA level defense.

son, how many times are these pathetically obvious troll attempts going to fail before you finally realize suicide might be the answer?

God Bless

ambchang
03-06-2014, 02:55 PM

So who matches up with Hibbert on the Heat? Oden? Birdman?

You guys are acting like it's 2006 Wade, and he is far from that. Wade's still good, but he is becoming more and more overrated.

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Its Harlem the Great Satan dick sucker spreading misinformation like usual. The Great Satan has two all-star players in Wade and Bosh who are both consistent. Stop acting like the Great Satan is playing with a bunch of scrubs.

Wade averaged 15 PPG and Bosh averaged 12 PPG in the playoffs last year..historically bad for All-Star players, tbh..

Phillip
03-06-2014, 03:44 PM

You guys are acting like it's 2006 Wade, and he is far from that. Wade's still good, but he is becoming more and more overrated.

And you are acting like Hibbert is 2001 Shaq or something, in thinking that he is absolutely positively unstoppable.

Hibbert averages 11 and 7, on 45% shooting. Not exactly stellar numbers. It's not like he's going to average 30 ppg for a series or something. He played the series of his life last year, and still never cracked 30 points once.

I don't disagree that he is definitely a big mismatch, but you can live with playing him straight up, and focusing on shutting everyone else down and not allowing George Hill and Paul George kill you from 3 like they did last year.

Spurs da champs
03-06-2014, 03:56 PM
They have a legit chance, tbh..
Miami is one of the only teams in the league that makes Roy Hibbert look like a competent offensive player, and the Heat have trouble playing against Indy's physicality..

Agreed, the dude is so underwhelming & limited, but you would not know that seeing him against the Heat.

spurraider21
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
And you are acting like Hibbert is 2001 Shaq or something, in thinking that he is absolutely positively unstoppable.

Hibbert averages 11 and 7, on 45% shooting. Not exactly stellar numbers. It's not like he's going to average 30 ppg for a series or something. He played the series of his life last year, and still never cracked 30 points once.

I don't disagree that he is definitely a big mismatch, but you can live with playing him straight up, and focusing on shutting everyone else down and not allowing George Hill and Paul George kill you from 3 like they did last year.
Last year Hibbert averaged 12-8 on 45% shooting, but averaged 22-10 on 56% shooting in the ECF. its a very exploitable matchup for him, and i don't see how that has changed unless you think Oden will have a notable impact

Phillip
03-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Last year Hibbert averaged 12-8 on 45% shooting, but averaged 22-10 on 56% shooting in the ECF. its a very exploitable matchup for him, and i don't see how that has changed unless you think Oden will have a notable impact

1) Never said that it wasn't a mismatch.

2) He had the series of his life as I said. He played well above his expectations in that series.

3) He is a fouling machine. When Miami went to Bosh early and often, it would wear out and create foul trouble for Hibbert. That was clearly their game plan in game 7, which ended up in a blowout. If Spoelstra has any brains, he will exploit that further if they meet again.

D-Wade
03-06-2014, 04:20 PM

09 Wade was maybe better. But with LBJ, Wade doesn't need to do that anymore. Not even 11 Finals Wade. 2012 Wade will do and from what I'm seeing he'll be ready for that.

ambchang
03-06-2014, 04:23 PM

I am not saying Hibbert is unstoppable, but the difference between Hibbert and whoever is on the Heat is bigger than the gap between Wade and Stephenson, that's all.

Hibbert's not a great center by any means, but he can certainly exploit any matchups on the Heat because the Heat doesn't have many centers that they can use.

ambchang
03-06-2014, 04:25 PM
09 Wade was maybe better. But with LBJ, Wade doesn't need to do that anymore. Not even 11 Finals Wade. 2012 Wade will do and from what I'm seeing he'll be ready for that.

No arguments there, Wade doesn't have to do as much as he did before James arrived. But I am saying the magnitude of Wade > Stephenson is smaller than Hibbert > Heat center.

That's it. Still not one person who could tell me who is going to match up Hibbert that is not as big a mismatch as Wade vs. Stephenson.

jimbo
03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Oden finna shut down Hibbert.

Tbh, the Heat have lacked their playoff toughness ever since Pittman left. They need some enforcers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irAsQGpykZs

Jacob1983
03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
I think the series will go 6 or 7. If the Pacers have HCA, I'd say that gives them a tiny edge.

jimbo
03-06-2014, 04:29 PM
and I'll say the Heat win in 5 or cruise to a blowout win in 6. They always do what you don't expect them to do, so I'll go against the grain on this one.

Ace
03-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Hibbert's ECF performance was obviously a fluke, which led some to believe he turned a corner and would be much better this year. Anyone who has been watching this can see the obvious. Miami will dismantle the Pacers in 6 as long as health permits.

TIMMYtoZO
03-06-2014, 07:33 PM
The Rockets are a much bigger threat to the Heat than the Pacers are. Indiana would give Miami a cute little fight, but the Rockets really present an interesting series for the Heatles, tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-06-2014, 07:35 PM
The Rockets are a much bigger threat to the Heat than the Pacers are. Indiana would give Miami a cute little fight, but the Rockets really present an interesting series for the Heatles, tbh.

& how about SA?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Hibbert's ECF performance was obviously a fluke, which led some to believe he turned a corner and would be much better this year. Anyone who has been watching this can see the obvious. Miami will dismantle the Pacers in 6 as long as health permits.

C'mon man they got taken to seven both years in the past? But this year the somehow aging corpse of rotational players for the Heat are going to do better against a much younger, more hungry team that seems to have their number this year?

spurraider21
03-06-2014, 07:36 PM
if you will call hibbert's play a fluke then surely you accept your game 6 (and consequently, championship) win as a fluke

HemisfairArena
03-06-2014, 07:39 PM

I agree with ya. I think the Spurs and Thunder are in trouble against them. You can just see Houston getting stronger and more confident as the weeks go by. If Spurs lose tonight..Rockets are only 2 back of San Antonio for second seed in the West.

ezau
03-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Pacers lack a superstar, George is arguably not even a top 10 player... they have the 20th best offense in the league, which really undermines their amazing defense.

Heat have the best player of all time, and a supporting cast about equal to that of George's, who is 1/4 the player Lebron is.

I think this much anticipated ECF might be an easy Heat in 6 victory

Pacers in 7, brah.

Ghazi
03-09-2014, 08:13 AM

Det Ghazi Life tbh..

:lol unemployed

Rogue
03-09-2014, 09:22 AM
George only 1/4 the player the Great Satan is? Then he is not even 1/16 the player our German Allah is when shit matters the most, because...

http://mavsmag.com/redirk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/photo-1-500x373.jpg
http://mavsmag.com/redirk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/258027_522846740410_162900200_30684324_6201276_o-500x373.jpg

Thread
03-09-2014, 11:29 AM
:lol unemployed

Now that, that's funny. LMAO!!!

Thread
03-09-2014, 11:33 AM
The Pacers don't stand a Chinamen's chance.

With deep aplomb I fear only the Spurs can deal with the Heat. 9 months went awful gd fast. Seems like yesterday I was pulling that lever and running down the hallway.

Brazil
03-09-2014, 01:03 PM

Det Ghazi Life tbh..

:lol

Brazil
03-09-2014, 01:07 PM
The Pacers don't stand a Chinamen's chance.

With deep aplomb I fear only the Spurs can deal with the Heat. 9 months went awful gd fast. Seems like yesterday I was pulling that lever and running down the hallway.

Cannot believe you are afraid because of a squad led a 38 y/o tosb tbh :lol

Thread
03-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Cannot believe you are afraid because of a squad led a 38 y/o tosb tbh :lol

& I had every reason to be afraid. Without an act of God--God only knows where I'd be right this minute.

As a devout hater, even myself---I get antsy, honestly antsy reliving that from the .28 second mark down. If I were vested in the Spurs instead of just a fan I'd go out of my fucking Gourdy Howe.

irishock
03-09-2014, 01:32 PM
& I had every reason to be afraid. Without an act of God--God only knows where I'd be right this minute.

As a devout hater, even myself---I get antsy, honestly antsy reliving that from the .28 second mark down. If I were vested in the Spurs instead of just a fan I'd go out of my fucking Gourdy Howe.

Who's gourdy howe?

Thread
03-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Who's gourdy howe?

He's a hockey player from way back in Chicago.

IrisHockey
05-26-2014, 11:05 PM

:lmao serious question, why does this shit happen every year? You'd think the haters would learn from their mistakes.

Clipper Nation
05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
:lmao serious question, why does this shit happen every year? You'd think the haters would learn from their mistakes.
The haters are just so thirsty for the Kang to lose, they desperately cling to any overrated team to beat Miami :lol