PDA

View Full Version : Let's just get this out the way: There is no revenge for Spurs

poeticism707
03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
There is no revenge for choking up a title.

There is no revenge for TP coming up small as usual when the Spurs needed him the most.

There is no revenge for Manu turning the ball over, so horribly, that the Heat must have deposited 10m into his account for his contributions.

There is no revenge for Manu, the ultimate choker, missing a freebie that would have sealed it.

There is no revenge for Pop taking Duncan down out of the game, ON TWO STRAIGHT POSSESSIONS, when one defensive rebound would have sealed it.

There is no revenge for Green choking the latter half of the series.

There is no revenge for Pop coaching this Game 6 and 7 like it was just another Summer League Game.

There is no revenge for Pop having that waste of space, Matt Bonner, on the Spurs, and him getting actual playing time in the Finals against the Heat. Bonner probably gave up 100 points the entire series (that's probably being conservative), maybe hit a paltry 3 threes all series, and Game 6, a clinching game for the Spurs, went to overtime. Do the math.

There is no revenge for the fact that Duncan's Game 7 miss will haunt him forever, and yet he, at 37, was far and away the Finals MVP for the Spurs, and his teammates and let him down horribly.

There is no revenge for Pop being more demonstrative about kissing Lebron's ass, ie "congratulating him," than he was pushing his own Spurs to the finish line.

Doesn't matter if the Spurs beat the Heat by 100 in some useless regular season game. The Heat are winners when it mattered most. The Spurs and Pop, excluding Duncan, are losers, that fold at the first sign of adversity.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
I think it was Kawhi that missed the free throw.

poeticism707
03-06-2014, 04:09 PM

They both missed a freebie.

Kawhi is excused becuase he's young, and showed up big time.

Manu showed up big time too...

For the Heat.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-06-2014, 04:09 PM
The Spurs and Pop, excluding Duncan, are losers, that fold at the first sign of adversity.

:lmao

Budkin
03-06-2014, 04:39 PM
A win tonight will help get homecourt which we need.

200 miles
03-06-2014, 05:15 PM

There is no revenge for TP coming up small as usual when the Spurs needed him the most.

There is no revenge for Manu turning the ball over, so horribly, that the Heat must have deposited 10m into his account for his contributions.

There is no revenge for Manu, the ultimate choker, missing a freebie that would have sealed it.

There is no revenge for Pop taking Duncan down out of the game, ON TWO STRAIGHT POSSESSIONS, when one defensive rebound would have sealed it.

There is no revenge for Pop coaching this Game 6 and 7 like it was just another Summer League Game.

There is no revenge for Pop having that waste of space, Matt Bonner, on the Spurs, and him getting actual playing time in the Finals against the Heat. Bonner probably gave up 100 points the entire series (that's probably being conservative), maybe hit a paltry 3 threes all series, and Game 6, a clinching game for the Spurs, went to overtime. Do the math.

There is no revenge for the fact that Duncan's Game 7 miss will haunt him forever, and yet he, at 37, was far and away the Finals MVP for the Spurs, and his teammates and let him down horribly.

There is no revenge for Pop being more demonstrative about kissing Lebron's ass, ie "congratulating him," than he was pushing his own Spurs to the finish line.

Doesn't matter if the Spurs beat the Heat by 100 in some useless regular season game. The Heat are winners when it mattered most. The Spurs and Pop, excluding Duncan, are losers, that fold at the first sign of adversity.

If it isn't a mission of revenge, then it's definitely a mission of redemption.

cd021
03-06-2014, 05:20 PM
They both missed a freebie.

Kawhi is excused becuase he's young, and showed up big time.

Manu showed up big time too...

For the Heat.

Kawhi's FT% dropped 16% from the regular to post season. People crushed Splitter for the same problem in the 10-11 post season and he gets a pass. Leonard literally cost us a title.

Ginobili did have a great game 5 and a good game 3 & 7

Josh810
03-06-2014, 05:21 PM
The Spurs and Pop, excluding Duncan, are losers, that fold at the first sign of adversity.
Haha, wow. I have no words for this.

poeticism707
03-06-2014, 05:23 PM
If it isn't a mission of revenge, then it's definitely a mission of redemption.

Agreed, great post.

poeticism707
03-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Kawhi's FT% dropped 16% from the regular to post season. People crushed Splitter for the same problem in the 10-11 post season and he gets a pass. Leonard literally cost us a title.

How many turnovers did that loser Gino average over the 7 game series? 10 seemingly? Ridiculous.

As fast as the Heat are, those are points in the bank for them. Gino turns the ball over even half as much, Spurs win in 6, this is fact.

And what do the Spurs do with Gino, after the choke of the decade performance? Give him a new contract for 7m a year of course!

Pop is the most overrated, "happy with losing in the post season coach" I have ever seen. Just because he rode TD's coattails to 4 titles, doesn't make him a chessmaster.

Funny, Pop always says without Duncan, he'd be coaching JV.

He's right.

Perry Mason
03-06-2014, 06:11 PM
This is quite literally one of the worst and most spoiled takes I have ever read. Who are you? Show some respect you clown. Go watch Manu highlights from 2005, when the Spurs beat a juggernaut team that the Lakers couldn't take down. Chokers don't have 3 titles. Shit they don't have 1 title.

cd98
03-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Agreed. This game is essentially meaningless. But I'd still like to win.

Captivus
03-06-2014, 07:39 PM
There is no revenge for the fact that Duncan's Game 7 miss will haunt him forever, and yet he, at 37, was far and away the Finals MVP for the Spurs, and his teammates and let him down horribly

I wanted Green to get it...but I agree, there's no revenge, no matter the reasons.

SpurSwag
03-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Why are people so dead-set on the notion that we can't ever make up for last year no matter what happens this season. Let's say we ring this year. If you were to tell me in 2010 that we would go 1/2 in the finals in the next 4 years, once coming 28 seconds away from being a top 5 all time player in his prime, I'd take it in a heart beat and consider that a great run for the spurs. Winning this year would certainly erase a great deal of the pain from last year because, as I'm sure many of you feel, the real pain comes from it maybe being our best final shot at a 5th for Timmy and the organization. But if it were to happen this year, last year wouldn't seem nearly as heart breaking for me. Just shitty luck that we made up for right away.

exstatic
03-06-2014, 08:04 PM

Die in a fire.

Kool Bob Love
03-06-2014, 08:47 PM
This.

Joseph Kony
03-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Spurs lose to good teams: :cry Spurs suck no wins against top teams :cry
Spurs beat the champs: :cry doesn't matter because it's regular season :cry

gnsf strikes again

Juggity
03-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Leonard literally cost us a title.

:rolleyes

Without Kawhi, the series doesn't even go to six games. He didn't "cost us" a title. In fact, it's because of him the spurs got as close as they did. His game 7 performance was incredible. Kept the spurs in the game right up to the end.

sasffl
03-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Let's enjoy this win tonight

cd021
03-06-2014, 10:58 PM
How many turnovers did that loser Gino average over the 7 game series? 10 seemingly? Ridiculous.

As fast as the Heat are, those are points in the bank for them. Gino turns the ball over even half as much, Spurs win in 6, this is fact.

And what do the Spurs do with Gino, after the choke of the decade performance? Give him a new contract for 7m a year of course!

Pop is the most overrated, "happy with losing in the post season coach" I have ever seen. Just because he rode TD's coattails to 4 titles, doesn't make him a chessmaster.

Funny, Pop always says without Duncan, he'd be coaching JV.

He's right.

He averaged 3.1 in that series...

Also 6 of his 8 turnovers occurred prior to the 4th quarter when the Spurs were outplaying Miami. He had only 2 in the final 17 minutes of the game.

Pop had a hand in the loss but isn't a bad coach by any stretch.

poeticism707
03-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Why are people so dead-set on the notion that we can't ever make up for last year no matter what happens this season. Let's say we ring this year. If you were to tell me in 2010 that we would go 1/2 in the finals in the next 4 years, once coming 28 seconds away from being a top 5 all time player in his prime, I'd take it in a heart beat and consider that a great run for the spurs. Winning this year would certainly erase a great deal of the pain from last year because, as I'm sure many of you feel, the real pain comes from it maybe being our best final shot at a 5th for Timmy and the organization. But if it were to happen this year, last year wouldn't seem nearly as heart breaking for me. Just shitty luck that we made up for right away.

Even if the Spurs did ring this year, everyone sans TD would have blown a 2 peat.

Good win against the Heat Spurs, but there can be no revenge. The league isn't going to take Miami's rings and give them to the Spurs.

cd021
03-06-2014, 11:04 PM

Without Kawhi, the series doesn't even go to six games. He didn't "cost us" a title. In fact, it's because of him the spurs got as close as they did. His game 7 performance was incredible. Kept the spurs in the game right up to the end.

Thats true.I'll reword it, he enabled us to lose that game. His FT shooting as spoty at best and him clanking a FT that would have made it a 2 possession game certainly didn't help. He was beast mode in Game 6 and Especially Game 7. A SF grabbing 30 rebounds in 2 games is impressive.

poeticism707
03-06-2014, 11:05 PM

Also 6 of his 8 turnovers occurred prior to the 4th quarter when the Spurs were outplaying Miami. He had only 2 in the final 17 minutes of the game.

POP HAD A HAND IN THE GAME 6 LOSS?

WHAT SPORT WERE YOU WATCHING?

Up 6, 28 secs left, Miami ball. All Pop had to do was FOUL, GIVE THEM TWO FREEBIES, AND THE SPURS HAVE THEIR 5TH BANNER HANGING FROM THE RAFTERS.

That is Basic Basketball 101.

Pop thought he was smart, and got cute.

Miami got the title.

Pop chocked more than ANY AND ALL PLAYERS ON THE TEAM, COMBINED.

exstatic
03-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Even if the Spurs did ring this year, everyone sans TD would have blown a 2 peat.

Good win against the Heat Spurs, but there can be no revenge. The league isn't going to take Miami's rings and give them to the Spurs.

You obviously don't understand the meaning of revenge. If someone kills a family member, and you kill them, you've gotten revenge, and no, your family member doesn't ever come back.

Sean Cagney
03-06-2014, 11:11 PM
I look at it this way! NO SHIT it is not going to avenge the finals and make us feel better but it is about this year and HC and gaining confidence! I look as it as a positive for this year as I can see you do as well. Move on folks!

Crookshanks
03-06-2014, 11:13 PM
I don't think I'll ever get over the hurt of being 26 seconds away from that 5th title, and then losing it. I still can't stand to hear any announcer talk about it. That one hurts more than the .4.

jon123spurs
03-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Fuck your "No revenge" bullshit. This win feels awesome.

SpurSwag
03-06-2014, 11:23 PM

you guys are just incredibly spoiled then tbh you can't expect to win every, again had you told me in 2010 we could even still be in this position i'd take it happily. If you had told me we would go 1/2 on championships within 3 years of that memphis series i would be ecstatic

CitizenDwayne
03-06-2014, 11:25 PM
I don't think I'll ever get over the hurt of being 26 seconds away from that 5th title, and then losing it. I still can't stand to hear any announcer talk about it. That one hurts more than the .4.

Yep. Not even close. I'm more annoyed by the fact that .4 shouldn't even be possible than the fact that it essentially knocked us out of the playoffs.

Spur|n|Austin
03-06-2014, 11:29 PM

pretty solid take iyfam

justinandimcool
03-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Spurs blow out Heat. Heat still have the trophy. Oh well. The win was nice for a couple of minutes.

cd021
03-06-2014, 11:42 PM

Up 6, 28 secs left, Miami ball. All Pop had to do was FOUL, GIVE THEM TWO FREEBIES, AND THE SPURS HAVE THEIR 5TH BANNER HANGING FROM THE RAFTERS.

Miami got the title.

The fouling when up is seldom, if ever done, by any coach. I was alluding to Pop taking Duncan and Parker out for 5:30 minutes of the 4th quarter. Spurs were up 10 and playing well. Put em back in up 4 and the Spurs offense never recovered.

Keep one of them in (like he did Game 7) to start the quarter. That title would have been ours.

Sean Cagney
03-07-2014, 12:07 AM
The fouling when up is seldom, if ever done, by any coach. I was alluding to Pop taking Duncan and Parker out for 5:30 minutes of the 4th quarter. Spurs were up 10 and playing well. Put em back in up 4 and the Spurs offense never recovered.

Keep one of them in (like he did Game 7) to start the quarter. That title would have been ours.
You are correct.

therealtruth
03-07-2014, 05:22 AM

On the good side .4 and '06 don't hurt as much now.

therealtruth
03-07-2014, 05:28 AM

Doc Rivers does it. But you make a good point. Pop didn't play to win. He played like it was a regular season game and he needed to conserve minutes. There's no problem playing 48 minutes especially if it's the most important game of the season. If the offensive rhythm had never got out of wack it probably doesn't come down to the last 28 seconds. Pop has shown that he has no concept of offensive rhythm and it's an important concept. It's why at times a team can struggle to hit shots (even layups) and why another team can't miss. On defense you want to disrupt the other team's offensive rhythm and offense you want to make sure you establish your own.

Skull-1
03-07-2014, 06:55 AM
I think it was Manu Turnobili that missed the free throw.

FIFY.

Skull-1
03-07-2014, 06:57 AM

Yeah, Manu did great in Game Seven. After his epic collapse in Game Six his encore was to wildly pass the ball in the Fourth Quarter to the Heat and fans in the stands....repeatedly.

Skull-1
03-07-2014, 06:58 AM

cd021 is an idiot.

Skull-1
03-07-2014, 07:01 AM

Stupid stupid stupid take. One fewer Manu turnover at ANY point in the game and we win. Even a shot clock violation would have been better than that idiot throwing the ball around like a fourth grader.

cd021 + Internet = Dumb Analysis

Skull-1
03-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Thats true.I'll reword it, he enabled us to lose that game.

Is that even a coherent statement on any planet? Wtf????

Leonard gave us a chance to win. Manu threw it away. Literally. More than once. Turnovers and bad early shots killed us.

"Well without Manu we lose the overtime game to the Warriors." Yeah, right. "Manu enabled us to not win in regulation so he could win it for us in the OT." Wha-???? Only cd can understand any of this on his Bizarro world....

TJastal
03-07-2014, 07:46 AM
People ragging on Manu need to realize the complete and utter clusterfuck that was the reserve guard rotation throughout the entire year, culminating in Gary Neal getting Pop's very own Roger Mason Jr special crash course conversion in how to pretend to be a point guard. I would be willing to bet if the spurs and heat meet once again jn the finals Manu's play will be much more fluid and composed now that there is stability in the rotations and he has guys that can actually dribble and pass as backcourt partners.

therealtruth
03-07-2014, 08:15 AM

This. It's about whether you do more good than bad. That's how Manu was prior to last year's Finals. He would make mistakes but he would do more than enough good to make up for it. But in the Finals there were times we would have been better of going with someone else who wouldn't screw up as much.

cd021
03-07-2014, 10:02 AM
This. It's about whether you do more good than bad. That's how Manu was prior to last year's Finals. He would make mistakes but he would do more than enough good to make up for it. But in the Finals there were times we would have been better of going with someone else who wouldn't screw up as much.

Who else would we have gone with instead of Ginobili? De Colo? Mills? Green? Neal? I really don't understand that part of ST logic. There really wasn't anyone else Pop was forced to go for broke with Manu. Either he was able to break down Miami's defense (He did in Games 3, & 5) with his play-making or he struggled against their athleticism (Game 4)

I liken it to a QB that has to throw 45 times. He may have 30 completions but he misses his intended man a ton. It was basically Parker or Ginobili, there was no one else who could even remotely run point.

cd021
03-07-2014, 10:14 AM
People ragging on Manu need to realize the complete and utter clusterfuck that was the reserve guard rotation throughout the entire year, culminating in Gary Neal getting Pop's very own Roger Mason Jr special crash course conversion in how to pretend to be a point guard. I would be willing to bet if the spurs and heat meet once again jn the finals Manu's play will be much more fluid and composed now that there is stability in the rotations and he has guys that can actually dribble and pass as backcourt partners.

Absolutely agree. Spurs had a ridiculous amount of guards who couldn't dribble or create. Neal seldom turned the ball over but never could create for others he would just look for the open man and, if their were none unavailable, he would just shoot it.

Joseph can run offense a bit better but can't shoot, teams completely ignore him and focus on the other players than can contribute.

De Colo was the best passer of the bunch but was also the most turnover prone. His shooting wasn't great either.

Mills was buried last season. He can shoot and has the second best handles of the bunch but can't run an offense either.

The biggest difference (besides getting rid of Neal and De Colo) is Diaw and Belinelli. Both can create off the dribble and are good passers. Manu doesn't have to have the ball in his hands 100% of the time. Some will be Diaw/Leonard post ups (assuming Leonard gets more touches with the second unit). Others will be involved, with Belinelli or Mills running screen and rolls. He can play more off ball and keeping Miami from wearing him down with the constant trapping.

poeticism707
03-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Doc Rivers does it. But you make a good point. Pop didn't play to win. He played like it was a regular season game and he needed to conserve minutes. There's no problem playing 48 minutes especially if it's the most important game of the season. If the offensive rhythm had never got out of wack it probably doesn't come down to the last 28 seconds. Pop has shown that he has no concept of offensive rhythm and it's an important concept. It's why at times a team can struggle to hit shots (even layups) and why another team can't miss. On defense you want to disrupt the other team's offensive rhythm and offense you want to make sure you establish your own.

Yep. Up 6, 28 secs to go, fouling the Heat, give them NO POSSIBILITY OF THREE.

Series over, and 5th title for the Spurs.

That is playing to win.

Pop played to lose, which, again, is why he choked more than other Spur player, times 1000.

If your so called elite coach can't think of, or refuses to implement the most basic of coaching strategies, TO CLINCH A TITLE, then that coach isn't elite.

spurraider21
03-07-2014, 02:50 PM
i'm mixed as far as how i view parker's game 6. a lot of his heroball antics allowed the heat to gain momentum. i remember shouting "RUN OFFENSE" at the TV during much of that fourth. it was a lot of dribbling and one man show when lebron was defending him much of the time, not a great choice, and miami got back in it, even took a lead. however, Parker was money to end regulation. everybody remembers the ridiculous step-back 3 and the go ahead shot in the following possession. he was also monstrous on D in those closing minutes, forcing a couple of turnovers and defending well after getting switched onto LeBron. all in all, tony did enough for us to win the game. 2 missed free throws and 2 rebounds given up cost us. not tony

Skull-1
03-07-2014, 02:50 PM
"We don't do that."

Obviously. Prob because it didn't cross his mind in the Miami Heat of the moment...

ezau
03-08-2014, 12:07 AM
i'm mixed as far as how i view parker's game 6. a lot of his heroball antics allowed the heat to gain momentum. i remember shouting "RUN OFFENSE" at the TV during much of that fourth. it was a lot of dribbling and one man show when lebron was defending him much of the time, not a great choice, and miami got back in it, even took a lead. however, Parker was money to end regulation. everybody remembers the ridiculous step-back 3 and the go ahead shot in the following possession. he was also monstrous on D in those closing minutes, forcing a couple of turnovers and defending well after getting switched onto LeBron. all in all, tony did enough for us to win the game. 2 missed free throws and 2 rebounds given up cost us. not tony

It was also TP's crazy shot in Game 1 that enabled the Spurs to win and put tremendous pressure on Miami throughout the series.

superbigtime
03-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Lighten up Francis. Sometimes we don't get what we want or deserve. That's life.

ezau
03-08-2014, 01:09 PM
People hating on Pop when he was in fact the architect of the Spurs' resurgence from 2011. I already gave up on the Spurs when they got manhandled by the Grizz in 2011. Pop's innovation enabled the Spurs to reach the WCF in 2012 and almost win a ring in 2013.

Sybok
03-08-2014, 01:39 PM
This forum has predominately been about Manu vs Tony because nationalist pricks who don't understand the game of basketball can't stop being idiots.

treble007
03-08-2014, 04:12 PM
wins are never never useless, lets just get this out the way........707 post is nothing more than the words of a sour loser!

silverblk mystix
03-08-2014, 04:42 PM

Miami got the title.

I like this young poster - he may have a future here.

Or - he just read all of my posts regarding Pop!

:lol:lol

Blake
03-08-2014, 05:11 PM
I like this young poster - he may have a future here.

Or - he just read all of my posts regarding Pop!

:lol:lol

You've relegated your future to nothing but ass hurt emoticons in club threads

therealtruth
03-08-2014, 08:38 PM
People hating on Pop when he was in fact the architect of the Spurs' resurgence from 2011. I already gave up on the Spurs when they got manhandled by the Grizz in 2011. Pop's innovation enabled the Spurs to reach the WCF in 2012 and almost win a ring in 2013.

He's the reason for us getting manhandled in 2011. Refusing to play Splitter till it was too late. The resurgence is due to the better defense.

ezau
03-08-2014, 11:29 PM
He's the reason for us getting manhandled in 2011. Refusing to play Splitter till it was too late. The resurgence is due to the better defense.

I agree with you partially, but without Pop realizing that Duncan isn't as dominant in the paint as he once was, Spurs would not be able to contend for the title after 2011. The motion offense gave the franchise a new leash on life. Manu's injury also played a huge role in the 2011 series against Memphis. Four things turned the franchise around after 2011:

1. Parker taking over the team
2. Danny Green became a starter after a short stint in the D-League.
3. Spurs trading Hill for Kawhi.
4. Splitter playing alongside Duncan.

All of these things became possible only after the Spurs changed their identity to favor the motion-offense they're using today.

poeticism707
03-08-2014, 11:39 PM
I agree with you partially, but without Pop realizing that Duncan isn't as dominant in the paint as he once was, Spurs would not be able to contend for the title after 2011. The motion offense gave the franchise a new leash on life. Manu's injury also played a huge role in the 2011 series against Memphis. Four things turned the franchise around after 2011:

1. Parker taking over the team
2. Danny Green became a starter after a short stint in the D-League.
3. Spurs trading Hill for Kawhi.
4. Splitter playing alongside Duncan.

All of these things became possible only after the Spurs changed their identity to favor the motion-offense they're using today.

Pop is brilliant.

Hands down the most brilliant coach in the NBA.

Which makes the fact that he didn't elect to foul in that situation, all the more choke worthy.

ezau
03-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Pop is brilliant.

Hands down the most brilliant coach in the NBA.

Which makes the fact that he didn't elect to foul in that situation, all the more choke worthy.

Brilliant but not perfect. He choked big time yes, but I understand the decision to not foul in last few seconds of Game 6. His worst decision was to take out Duncan, but he also had a reason for doing so. He knew that Duncan is going to get burned after the switch. Parker defended Allen as well as anyone can, but Allen happens to be the greatest three-point shooter ever. It's a case of good defense, but better offense.

Prime Time
03-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Pop played the first situation well. Perfect, actually. Due to Boris being in for Duncan, The Spurs were able to play one-on-one in the final possession.. That led to a contested off-dribble three by LeBron James, Which resulted in a miss (As we all know.) The loose ball was literally about 1-2 inches for Leonard's fingers, It's simply a case of bad luck. Put Duncan in and the Heat potentially get a much better look.

With that said, I personally would have liked Duncan to play the second time around. The stakes were much higher, A rebound was pretty much a necessity. And after seeing how the last possession turned out, I would stress rebounding the ball much more.

But really.. What's the point about even bringing up last year's finals? Sure it would have been the greatest feeling in the world to see Duncan holding up that trophy, Having his Spurs beat a Miami team filled with un-loyal players who tried to take a shortcut. But what happened will never change, What's the point of stressing over it. The season as a whole is still amazing, Something we may never see again in a long time.

DarrinS
03-09-2014, 07:29 AM
:cry Omg, I can't get over game 6! :cry

Get over it already. You guys are embarassing. What Pop continues to do with this old core and spare parts is nothing short of amazing. And right back at the top this season -- that's with several key players being injured for long periods. Enjoy it while it lasts.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Brilliant but not perfect. He choked big time yes, but I understand the decision to not foul in last few seconds of Game 6. His worst decision was to take out Duncan, but he also had a reason for doing so. He knew that Duncan is going to get burned after the switch. Parker defended Allen as well as anyone can, but Allen happens to be the greatest three-point shooter ever. It's a case of good defense, but better offense.

This is what I mean, Ez. If Pop fouls, there is no flukey bounce, no o rebound, no greatest 3 point shooter shooter of all time shooting it.

Pop fouls, and it's title town.

This was the biggest blunder of Pop's brilliant, HOFer career, but it cost the Spurs mightily.

TampaDude
03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
People talk about 28 seconds like it was 2.8 seconds. Spurs were up by 5 with 28 seconds to go, on the road against the defending champs on their court. 28 seconds is an ETERNITY in the NBA. A win was NOT guaranteed at that point, folks!

Shit happens. If LeBron hadn't gone off in Game 6 and Game 7, the Spurs are 2013 NBA Champions.

Ray Allen traveled before hitting that game-tying 3, BTW. Too bad there was no fucking way in hell the refs would ever call that. You'd have better luck eating straw and shitting gold bars.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 06:30 PM
People talk about 28 seconds like it was 2.8 seconds. Spurs were up by 5 with 28 seconds to go, on the road against the defending champs on their court. 28 seconds is an ETERNITY in the NBA. A win was NOT guaranteed at that point, folks!

Shit happens. If LeBron hadn't gone off in Game 6 and Game 7, the Spurs are 2013 NBA Champions.

Ray Allen traveled before hitting that game-tying 3, BTW. Too bad there was no fucking way in hell the refs would ever call that. You'd have better luck eating straw and shitting gold bars.

No, it isn't, 28 secs is 28 seconds, if Pop had just fouled the Heat, two freebies, no possibility of 3.

It would have been title town, and this thread wouldn't exist.

TampaDude
03-09-2014, 06:32 PM
No, it isn't, 28 secs is 28 seconds, if Pop had just fouled the Heat, two freebies, no possibility of 3.

Wrong.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Wrong.

5-2=3

Spurs up 3, Heat Foul, even if the Spurs split a pair, they are up 4, with 22 seconds left.

Rinse and repeat to victory.

Just because you are too stubborn and homerish to admit that Pop fouled that up royally, don't mean we all are.

silverblk mystix
03-09-2014, 06:45 PM
You guys still don't get =

Let me enlighten you ....again....

28 seconds.

The spurs players had won the game already - here is all that Pop had to do for 28 seconds....

absofuckinlutely nothing....

Nothing.

Just sit his ass down and allow the fuckin spurs players to finish the game they had already won and the title they had already won./

All he had to do was stay the fuck out of the way....

but he couldn't and the rest is history.

One of the greatest coaches of all time in the NBA and all he had to do was - nothing....

yet he failed to do that.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2014, 06:52 PM
lol trying to talk about basketball again

Talk about failure.

Prime Time
03-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Spurs up 3, Heat Foul, even if the Spurs split a pair, they are up 4, with 22 seconds left.

Rinse and repeat to victory.

Well, That's hardly true. What about a 5pt/28sec game is so much crazier to come back from than a 4pt/22sec game? All Miami needs to do is hit a three and suddenly it's a single point game with 14 seconds or so to go. And that's only if it actually takes Miami a total of 6 seconds to foul the Spurs, Which is unlikely.

4pt/22sec is far from a promising win considering how the title was on the line.

I would much rather have the Spurs grab a rebound or hit an extra free-throw, If we're playing hypothetical situations.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2014, 07:14 PM
That was some good revenge for the Spurs Thursday.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Well, That's hardly true. What about a 5pt/28sec game is so much crazier to come back from than a 4pt/22sec game? All Miami needs to do is hit a three and suddenly it's a single point game with 14 seconds or so to go. And that's only if it actually takes Miami a total of 6 seconds to foul the Spurs, Which is unlikely.

4pt/22sec is far from a promising win considering how the title was on the line.

I would much rather have the Spurs grab a rebound or hit an extra free-throw, If we're playing hypothetical situations.

A 3 is never possible when you send them to the line for freebies. They may even miss a freebie, they aren't 100% FT shooters.

Hence, with NO POSSIBLITY OF 3, it would have been title town, Spurs.

Prime Time
03-09-2014, 07:20 PM
A 3 is never possible when you send them to the line for freebies. They may even miss a freebie, they aren't 100% FT shooters.

Hence, with NO POSSIBLITY OF 3, it would have been title town, Spurs.
Ah so basically foul every time. That actually seems like a good move, If the Spurs hit all of their free throws of course. Also hoping that one of the Heat players don't just chuck up a three right after the Spurs foul them, That way they could get 3 free throws. Oh well.

therealtruth
03-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Pop has said they made defensive mistakes and were out of position on those final defensive possessions. It's not just all about lucky bounces. But that's what happens when you don't have your defensive anchor out there. He makes sure everyone is positioned correctly.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Ah so basically foul every time. That actually seems like a good move, If the Spurs hit all of their free throws of course. Also hoping that one of the Heat players don't just chuck up a three right after the Spurs foul them, That way they could get 3 free throws. Oh well.

Bingo. Foul every time, and it's all over, the Spurs have their 5th title, working on a 6th as they're better this year.

There is NO WAY such a basic coaching move didn't occur to Pop.

Again, as brilliant as Pop is, he cost us this one.

SpursDynasty
03-09-2014, 09:24 PM
what exactly is your point, jackass?

Seventyniner
03-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Pop played the first situation well. Perfect, actually. Due to Boris being in for Duncan, The Spurs were able to play one-on-one in the final possession.. That led to a contested off-dribble three by LeBron James, Which resulted in a miss (As we all know.) The loose ball was literally about 1-2 inches for Leonard's fingers, It's simply a case of bad luck. Put Duncan in and the Heat potentially get a much better look.

With that said, I personally would have liked Duncan to play the second time around. The stakes were much higher, A rebound was pretty much a necessity. And after seeing how the last possession turned out, I would stress rebounding the ball much more.

Finally, another voice of reason. Duncan has nowhere near the mobility to challenge a 3-pointer off a screen.

Related question: if the Spurs had a 35-year-old Shaq instead of Duncan (still very good but no longer elite), would you have wanted him in the game on that last possession?

ezau
03-09-2014, 09:59 PM

This. 28 seconds is a lot of time, especially for a team with the best player in the planet, two superb All-Stars, and the greatest three-point shooter ever.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 10:01 PM
This. 28 seconds is a lot of time, especially for a team with the best player in the planet, two superb All-Stars, and the greatest three-point shooter ever.

FOUL EVERY TIME, AND THEY CAN'T HIT 3, CAN THEY?

That's all Pop had to do, up 5 26 secs left, Heat Ball. Foul, send them to the line, and then they have to foul you.

The Spurs would have been Champs.

ezau
03-09-2014, 10:03 PM
FOUL EVERY TIME, AND THEY CAN'T HIT 3, CAN THEY?

That's all Pop had to do, up 5 26 secs left, Heat Ball. Foul, send them to the line, and then they have to foul you.

The Spurs would have been Champs.

You could also argue that if Leonard and Manu made their free throws, shit's over. They didn't, which the Heat saw as a window of opportunity. They did by hitting a crazy three, then the rest is history. It happens.

RD2191
03-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Pop shoulda fouled up 5. They would of won the title.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 10:11 PM
THERE IS NO NO "CRAZY 3" IF POP FOULS.

Who knew this was Rocket Science.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Pop shoulda fouled up 5. They would of won the title.

Could have sworn we were speaking perfectly fluid English. Guess not.

RD2191
03-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Could have sworn we were speaking perfectly fluid English. Guess not.
who da fuck cares? tbh, you grading me or something?

ChumpDumper
03-09-2014, 10:18 PM
who da fuck cares? tbh, you grading me or something?D+

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Beating the Heat in the Finals would be revenge enough for me.

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2014, 11:42 AM

poeticism707
03-10-2014, 02:26 PM

I meant that we were speaking perfectly fluid English on this topic, and you and I keep repeating the same valid points, but no one gets it.

Don't jump to conclusions. It wasn't a slight on your English.

03-10-2014, 02:39 PM
I meant that we were speaking perfectly fluid English on this topic, and you and I keep repeating the same valid points, but no one gets it.

He's Mexican, he doesn't understand.

RD2191
03-10-2014, 03:42 PM

Who da fuck cares?

RD2191
03-10-2014, 03:42 PM
He's Mexican, he doesn't understand.

And what are you? A faggot?

poeticism707
03-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Who da fuck cares?

Can't reason with morons. Can't say I didn't try. Feel free to throw as many temper tantrums as you like, but I won't see them.

Plus one to the ignore list.

RD2191
03-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Can't reason with morons. Can't say I didn't try. Feel free to throw as many temper tantrums as you like, but I won't see them.

Plus one to the ignore list.
rofl, what a faggot. you talk a lot of shit and then put people on your ignore list when they call you on your bullshit.

Blake
03-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Who da fuck cares?

And what are you? A faggot?

U angry

poeticism707
03-10-2014, 04:04 PM
What was that?

Oh, that's right, nothing, as you're on Ignore. Good old Rob.

Good. The less retards with turrets I have to deal with, the better.

Now get out of my thread.

RD2191
03-10-2014, 04:11 PM
rofl, fuck yo thread clown

RD2191
03-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Blake, how's you wife?

Blake
03-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Blake, how's you wife?

I'm not married.

Does your god know you're trying to be mean?

RD2191
03-10-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm not married.

Does your god know you're trying to be mean?
So you did get a divorce?

Blake
03-10-2014, 04:17 PM
So you did get a divorce?

Yes. I'm sure you'll meet her in hell one day.

RD2191
03-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Yes. I'm sure you'll meet her in hell one day.
:lolHell does not exist. Something made up by idiots who don't understand the Bible.

Skull-1
03-10-2014, 04:23 PM
:lolHell does not exist. Something made up by idiots who don't understand the Bible.

You are correct but... Don't get into that with flake. Next thing you know fuzzylimpdick will be in here spouting off about Nicea and Constantine and how it is all some giant conspiracy by magicians in the desert. :rolleyes

RD2191
03-10-2014, 04:29 PM
You are correct but... Don't get into that with flake. Next thing you know fuzzylimpdick will be in here spouting off about Nicea and Constantine and how it is all some giant conspiracy by magicians in the desert. :rolleyes
:lol

Blake
03-10-2014, 04:35 PM

Hell is very real according to your Bible.

Claiming it doesn't exist is just you cherry picking what you want out of it.

RD2191
03-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Hell is very real according to your Bible.

Claiming it doesn't exist is just you cherry picking what you want out of it.
No it isn't, you don't understand the Bible therefore you do not know what you speak of.

Blake
03-10-2014, 04:38 PM

Skull has his own version of the Bible too.

He thinks Genesis is ridiculous but has no problem with a guy raising himself from the dead.

Blake
03-10-2014, 04:40 PM
No it isn't, you don't understand the Bible therefore you do not know what you speak of.

Yes it is, you haven't read the Bible, therefore you do not know what you speak of

RD2191
03-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Yes it is, you haven't read the Bible, therefore you do not know what you speak of
:lolI've been studying the Bible since I was 9 years old. And no, it is not.

Skull-1
03-10-2014, 05:52 PM

Hell is is pagan tradition forced upon Christianity. It is there because translators insist it must be so there they put it. Sheol, Hades, Gehenna, etc. are all called, incorrectly, hell. It is as prophesied. The lying pen of the scribes having turned the truth of God into a lie.....as they've done with so many other things in the faith. "You nullify the word of God for the sake of your own tradition."

Pretty obvious...

Kidd K
03-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Tbh if Spurs face Heat again in the Finals and steal it from them (aka Heat winning the Spurs swipe it away), that's definitely revenge.

Or going to Finals, facing the Heat, and beating the brakes off them 4-0 or 4-1. Definitely revenge imo.

Skull-1
03-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Tbh if Spurs face Heat again in the Finals and steal it from them (aka Heat winning the Spurs swipe it away), that's definitely revenge.

Or going to Finals, facing the Heat, and beating the brakes off them 4-0 or 4-1. Definitely revenge imo.

For those that were there last year that returned.....

Blake
03-10-2014, 07:58 PM
:lolI've been studying the Bible since I was 9 years old. And no, it is not.

I've been studying since I was 3. I win.

silverblk mystix
03-10-2014, 08:17 PM
I've been a cuckhold since I was 3. I win.

fify

Skull-1
03-10-2014, 08:30 PM
fify

Chewbacca
03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
I've been looking for a man for my wife that is well endowed and more inches than me, because forever I've only been less than 3. If I find that man, I win.

silverblk mystix
03-10-2014, 08:42 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Blake (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7180692#post7180692)
I've been looking for a man for my wife that is well endowed and more inches than me, because forever I've only been less than 3. If I find that man, I win.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Skull-1
03-10-2014, 09:53 PM

:rollin

ezau
03-10-2014, 09:56 PM

Jesus is grading your English. Make sure you have perfect grammar or you're going to hell.

RD2191
03-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Jesus is grading your English. Make sure you have perfect grammar or you're going to hell.
Hell does not exist. Also, your trolling is weak. Step your game up, scrub.

ezau
03-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Who da fuck cares?

Jesus cares

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:00 PM
:sleep

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Hell does not exist. Also, your trolling is weak. Step your game up, scrub.

Jesus doesn't like the way you talk. Did you confess to a priest about your sins? Do it son, before it's too late.

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:01 PM
:sleep

Jesus loves you son. Confess now for your eternal salvation.

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:02 PM
:sleep:sleep

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:06 PM
:sleep:sleep

http://www.bustedhalo.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/turner-confession-flash.jpg

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:07 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:10 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep

It's gonna be all right, son

http://observers.france24.com/files/images/SantaMuerte3-m.jpg

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:14 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:19 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

San Muerte:lmao, you fuckin Mexicans are devil-worshippers masquerading as Christians:lmao

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:20 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:22 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

San Muerte=Mexican=devil-worshipper:lmao

Let's talk about your religion here, son:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230142&p=7180879#post7180879

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Is this guy serious? Your trolling is pathetic. :lol

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Is this guy serious? Your trolling is pathetic. :lol

http://observers.france24.com/files/images/muerte20.jpg

Let's talk about religion, son:lol

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Who said I was part of any religion? Who said I was Catholic? Who said I was Mexican? Damn, you really are an idiot. At least do some research before you try baiting me. Your tactics are laughable.

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Who said I was part of any religion? Who said I was Catholic? Who said I was Mexican? Damn, you really are an idiot. At least do some research before you try baiting me. Your tactics are laughable.

:lmao fucking stupid Mexican

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:29 PM
:lolAlready flustered. You just lost, son. What an embarrassment.

Skull-1
03-10-2014, 10:30 PM

1/10 tbqh, fwiw...

ezau
03-10-2014, 10:32 PM
:lolAlready flustered. You just lost, son. What an embarrassment.

http://observers.france24.com/files/images/SantaMuerte8-m.jpg

Devil-worshipper:lol

Kool Bob Love
03-10-2014, 11:41 PM

Rob isn't Mexican. He's someone's troll.

you're getting trolled.

Leetonidas
03-11-2014, 12:09 AM

As if them missing one and getting a rebound/putback is so much less likely than them getting a rebound and hitting a last second three pointer :rolleyes

Blake
03-11-2014, 08:16 AM
fify

Lol enlightened ankle biting

Killakobe81
03-11-2014, 10:48 AM

"Get those mother------- ropes out of here," Allen hollered as the buzzer sounded, and off went the security guards, off went the duffel bags, off went the Spurs' championship shirts and hats eventually to impoverished regions of Africa as donations from the NBA.
After the Heat had won to force Game 7, Spoelstra retreated to his office and watched the last half-minute of regulation. "It crumbled me in my chair," he says. Breen went back to the Mandarin Oriental hotel and barely slept. Bosh went out to dinner and barely ate. "What's wrong with you?" friends asked. "What happened tonight," he replied, "never happens."
"But it happened!" they said.
"I know," Bosh explained. "We could play out that scenario a million times and maybe we win twice."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20131218/ray-allen-miami-heat-29-seconds-nba-finals-game-6/#ixzz2vfYaMK6P

Spurs were that close to a title. A 2 in a million chance the Heat had according to Bosh ...

james evans
03-11-2014, 01:22 PM
leonard was shooting 61% in the finals from the line. he shouldn't have been in the game. as soon as he got to the line, i told the dude sitting next to me, "he's gonna miss one".. what coach sends a 61% freethrow shooter out to ice a finals game? have u ever seen that in your entire life? he did a lot of shit that game i've never seen, but it's over now. no need to dwell on the bullshit any longer than i already have with this post. he fuked up bad and that will forever be held over his head how he coached himself out of a title trying to be a fukin genius instead of using commons sense.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 02:47 PM
As if them missing one and getting a rebound/putback is so much less likely than them getting a rebound and hitting a last second three pointer :rolleyes

If the Heat get a LEGITIMATE BOARD WITHOUT GOING OVER THE BACK, OVER TD and Splitter with Inside Positioning, TWICE, WHICH IS WHAT THEY'D NEED FOR MAKING UP 5-6 POINTS, you tip your cap.

Fouling was FAR AND AWAY A BETTER STRATEGY THAN WHAT POP DID.

weeks
03-11-2014, 02:52 PM
them coming back with 28 seconds left honestly never felt like 'the greatest upset in nba history' to me. as someone mentioned, 28 seconds is an eternity in the nba.

Leetonidas
03-11-2014, 04:49 PM
If the Heat get a LEGITIMATE BOARD WITHOUT GOING OVER THE BACK, OVER TD and Splitter with Inside Positioning, TWICE, WHICH IS WHAT THEY'D NEED FOR MAKING UP 5-6 POINTS, you tip your cap.

Fouling was FAR AND AWAY A BETTER STRATEGY THAN WHAT POP DID.

No, just no. No coach EVER will intentionally foul the other team up 5. Up 3 and you have an argument, but like I said, them getting the rebound and hitting a three at the last second is just as unlikely as them missing a free throw and tipping it in. Intentionally fouling a team when you have a 5 point lead is retarded and it's only in hindsight that you can make these claims. No coach in his right mind is going to intentionally foul a team when his team is up 5 points. Come the fuck on

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
No, just no. No coach EVER will intentionally foul the other team up 5. Up 3 and you have an argument, but like I said, them getting the rebound and hitting a three at the last second is just as unlikely as them missing a free throw and tipping it in. Intentionally fouling a team when you have a 5 point lead is retarded and it's only in hindsight that you can make these claims. No coach in his right mind is going to intentionally foul a team when his team is up 5 points. Come the fuck on

Pop fouls awful free throw shooters to get his team back in the game, but all of sudden, he doesn't have the backbone to foul? When they ARE GUARANTEED TO FOUL YPU IF GET THE REBOUND, OR YOU'LL RUN OUT THE CLOCK?

This is EXACTLY Pop, though a FAR AND AWAY, MORE BRILLIANT COACH, will NEVER BE IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS PHIL JACKSON, RED AUR. Those guys WENT FOR THE THROAT. Pop only wants to manage minutes

If TD and co can't play 40 mins a game in a CHAMPIONSHIP CLINCHING GAME, WHEN CAN THEY? WHY SAVE MINUTES, IF YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO USE THEM?

therealtruth
03-11-2014, 08:00 PM

3's of offensive rebounds are the hardest to defend and tend to be very effective. You have to make sure you get that defensive rebound.

therealtruth
03-11-2014, 08:02 PM
"Get those mother------- ropes out of here," Allen hollered as the buzzer sounded, and off went the security guards, off went the duffel bags, off went the Spurs' championship shirts and hats eventually to impoverished regions of Africa as donations from the NBA.
After the Heat had won to force Game 7, Spoelstra retreated to his office and watched the last half-minute of regulation. "It crumbled me in my chair," he says. Breen went back to the Mandarin Oriental hotel and barely slept. Bosh went out to dinner and barely ate. "What's wrong with you?" friends asked. "What happened tonight," he replied, "never happens."
"I know," Bosh explained. "We could play out that scenario a million times and maybe we win twice."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20131218/ray-allen-miami-heat-29-seconds-nba-finals-game-6/#ixzz2vfYaMK6P

Spurs were that close to a title. A 2 in a million chance the Heat had according to Bosh ...

That's what happens when you play to lose like Pop does.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
3's of offensive rebounds are the hardest to defend and tend to be very effective.What is your source for this?

ezau
03-11-2014, 10:52 PM

The Spurs already won the title, but yeah, shit happened.

ezau
03-11-2014, 10:55 PM

This. If Pop fouled someone, that guy could've easily missed a free throw with a Heat player getting an offensive board, which could lead to a two or three.

z0sa
03-11-2014, 11:19 PM
You obviously don't understand the meaning of revenge. If someone kills a family member, and you kill them, you've gotten revenge, and no, your family member doesn't ever come back.

therealtruth
03-12-2014, 02:00 AM
This. If Pop fouled someone, that guy could've easily missed a free throw with a Heat player getting an offensive board, which could lead to a two or three.

That's why you see teams subbing in their best rebounders in that situation. Just like when a team needs a defensive stop they put in their best defensive players.