PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Paul George wants Lebron NOT Kobe to be his mentor

jimbo
03-06-2014, 05:45 PM
“It would be great to be able to pick his brain, pick his mind and just talk about the game because I think he’s a player that can help me get to the next level and continue to keep going to the next level,” George told Basketball Insiders. “I wish some day we have that relationship where he is someone I can talk to—not during the season because I’m too competitive during the season—but maybe in the summertime….
“He’s someone that motivates me,” said George, who is averaging 22.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.8 steals per game. “This league is all about guys being competitive and competing. And don’t get me wrong, every time I’m matched up with him I’m going to try to get the best out of him and come out as the best player of that game. But at the same time, he’s been someone that I looked up to. He’s someone I’m going to continue to look up to because at the end of the day, the position I want to be in is where he’s at.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/paul-george-wants-lebron-james-to-be-his-mentor/related/

Didn't he grow up as a Kobe fanboy? I wonder why he's not trying to pick Kobe's brain. Kobe's certainly got the time to do it...

and :lol at this in general. Lebron's your rival man, he ain't got time to help you.

lefty
03-06-2014, 05:48 PM
ooooooooooooooh shit :lol

Spur-Addict
03-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Basically, Kobe is a washed up high volume chucker with overrated defense over the course of his career.

200 miles
03-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Can we just basically pencil in the Heat in the Finals already?

Katherine Robinson
03-06-2014, 06:23 PM
This is a Capri quality thread, in all honesty.

gnsf0946
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
as a teacher Kobe would be better tbh, would make you work hard and has the fundamentals unlike James

jimbo
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
This is a Capri quality thread, in all honesty.

That was exactly the point

RsxPiimp
03-06-2014, 06:26 PM
It's a rite of passage. You need to acknowledge the current best player of the game putting your name in the same conversation.

That said, who wouldn't want to follow James? He's undoubtedly and unanimously the best player alive.

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2014, 06:30 PM
George doesn't really have any similarities with Kobe, tbh..

Kobe is probably one of the 3 most skilled players of all-time, while George's primary offensive strengths are his height and outside shooting..he can't dribble and he doesn't have standout fundamentals or footwork, tbh..

It makes sense that he would model his game after Lebron, tbh..they are both SFs that can use their size as an advantage, and George is a good passer, too..

poeticism707
03-06-2014, 06:34 PM
“It would be great to be able to pick his brain, pick his mind and just talk about the game because I think he’s a player that can help me get to the next level and continue to keep going to the next level,” George told Basketball Insiders. “I wish some day we have that relationship where he is someone I can talk to—not during the season because I’m too competitive during the season—but maybe in the summertime….
“He’s someone that motivates me,” said George, who is averaging 22.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.8 steals per game. “This league is all about guys being competitive and competing. And don’t get me wrong, every time I’m matched up with him I’m going to try to get the best out of him and come out as the best player of that game. But at the same time, he’s been someone that I looked up to. He’s someone I’m going to continue to look up to because at the end of the day, the position I want to be in is where he’s at.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/paul-george-wants-lebron-james-to-be-his-mentor/related/

Didn't he grow up as a Kobe fanboy? I wonder why he's not trying to pick Kobe's brain. Kobe's certainly got the time to do it...

and :lol at this in general. Lebron's your rival man, he ain't got time to help you.

All these homos trying to get close to other men, just makes me want to vomit.

da_suns_fan
03-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Maybe he needs to hear Kobe's "I can teach you to be a champion" speech he pitched to Dwight.