PDA

View Full Version : Barkley during half time break

webshad
03-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Charles Barkley during the half time break said that the Spurs will definitely lose this game while the rest of the guys were laughing at him.

Kenny replied Charles we will be in San Antonio once again this June.

Anyway I couldn't catch TNT Overtime (work early morning), what was his/their reaction after the Spurs won?
Does anyone have a video link?

TrueSpursFan
03-07-2014, 08:49 AM
That's what I wanted to know, shifted right to the clippers and lakers game. Anyone have a video link?

Fireball
03-07-2014, 08:59 AM
I just rewatched it on NBA TIV (via League Pass) ... the others made fun of him because he said about 4 times the Spurs would lose this game. There was not much he could say to redeem himself ...

Blue Duck
03-07-2014, 08:59 AM
I dont have a video link, sorry. But I did stay up late to watch it cuz I was curious and because i had the day off today, yay. The guys gave Barkley some grief, and he shrugged it off, saying, "I dont mind being wrong about the game, but the spurs are the third best team in the west" and that the Clippers would win the west. He went on to proclaim that they (spurs) might not even make it out of the first round and said, "there's no way them old geezers can make it through three rounds of playoff basketball". Kenny whole-heartedly disagreed......in a nutshell.

Old School 44
03-07-2014, 09:03 AM
On TNT Overtime, before they showed the highlights of the Spurs/Heat, they showed the half time clip of Barkley insisting the Spurs would lose. After the clip the rest of the studio hosts laughed at him, particularly Kenny. Barkley still insisted the Clips and OKC were one, two in the West, with the Spurs third. His argument was the "old geezers" wouldn't hold up over 3 tough series. He even said the Spurs could be out in the first round. He also had a quick dig at Skip Bayless.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I was at a friend's house watching the game. He asked if I wanted to watch halftime and I said no because I didn't want to hear Barkley tell everyone how the Spurs were going to choke the game away and would get bounced out of the playoffs by every other team in the western conference. Unfortunately we switched back just in time to see him say that. My friend thinks I'm psychic.

SpursFan86
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Kenny was cracking up when they replayed the Barkley halftime clip. Said something along the lines of:

"It wouldn't have been funny if you just said [the Spurs were going to lose] once. But you said it over and over again. You really went along with it...even went into an explanation and talked about why they'd lose."

Bill_Brasky
03-07-2014, 11:26 AM
SA has shitty strip clubs, Charles loves him some tittays. Only explanation for his hatred of SA.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
03-07-2014, 11:26 AM
I saw him keep saying that the Clippers are better than the Spurs.
That the big baby Davis and Granger acquisitions put them over the top :lol
what a fat idiot.

playbonner15
03-07-2014, 12:15 PM
LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axLLeGbvLw

LOL at Kenny talking about Chuck eating churros in June :lol

elbamba
03-07-2014, 12:24 PM
It was not even his prediction that was so wrong. It was the fact that he said you can't beat the Heat by shooting threes and making layups, you have to be tough. Spurs were all of the above. You can beat any team when you shoot the three ball well, pass well and get good looks driving to the basket. All three were checks last night. Spurs also played really good defense most of the night except for parts of the third quarter. KL and Danny Green were all over James and he was openly frustrated. Spurs kicked butt on the boards and allowed very few uncontested jumpers.

BanditHiro
03-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Barkley knows what he is doing...Reverse-jinxing goods.

timtonymanu
03-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Chuck is entertaining, but people shouldn't take his basketball analysis seriously.

Him saying the Clippers are the best team in the West says it all. :lol

DesignatedT
03-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Barkley doesn't even watch the NBA.

eyeh8u
03-07-2014, 01:03 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2014/03/07/20140306-inside-heat-spurs-reaction.nba

here is the post game

spurraider21
03-07-2014, 01:04 PM
LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axLLeGbvLw

LOL at Kenny talking about Chuck eating churros in June :lol
:lol quality find

SpurAddict561
03-07-2014, 01:06 PM
I would rather him root against us anyways...check the history of his predictions..

FYM
03-07-2014, 01:11 PM
:lol sensitive spurs fans

oh no ! barkley said something negative about the spurs... omg did he regret it ?

Josh810
03-07-2014, 01:36 PM
:lol Pretty sure Charles is just trolling, and has been for years. Remember his obsession with the Utah Jazz for like 2-3 years in a row?

Clippers :lol

UZER
03-07-2014, 01:51 PM
I was at a friend's house watching the game. He asked if I wanted to watch halftime and I said no because I didn't want to hear Barkley tell everyone how the Spurs were going to choke the game away and would get bounced out of the playoffs by every other team in the western conference. Unfortunately we switched back just in time to see him say that. My friend thinks I'm psychic

did you tell him you already knew that?

boutons_deux
03-07-2014, 01:53 PM
:lol Pretty sure Charles is just trolling, and has been for years. Remember his obsession with the Utah Jazz for like 2-3 years in a row?

Clippers :lol

clips barely above .500 on the road, NBA 9th in road record, road record being one of the best indicators of team strength

rayray2k8
03-07-2014, 02:03 PM
I've been a Spurs fan long enough to know better than to listen to what Barkley has to say. He rarely is right half the time. Spurs fans shouldn't even be fazed by this because of the fact that he's been dogging the San Antonio Spurs since 2002!!
Come on San Antonio, please don't tell me that you still fall for this? :lol
We all know how good the Spurs and how they're playing with a chip on their shoulder.
Honestly it's more entertaining listening to Barkley than super spurs fan Skip Bayless. :rolleyes

timtonymanu
03-07-2014, 02:04 PM
:lol sensitive spurs fans

oh no ! barkley said something negative about the spurs... omg did he regret it ?

THIS

Trainwreck2100
03-07-2014, 02:14 PM
You know when he talks about the women................... he's not wrong

Sean Cagney
03-07-2014, 02:42 PM
I've been a Spurs fan long enough to know better than to listen to what Barkley has to say. He rarely is right half the time. Spurs fans shouldn't even be fazed by this because of the fact that he's been dogging the San Antonio Spurs since 2002!!
Come on San Antonio, please don't tell me that you still fall for this? :lol
We all know how good the Spurs and how they're playing with a chip on their shoulder.
Honestly it's more entertaining listening to Barkley than super spurs fan Skip Bayless. :rolleyes

I also remember Barkley giving tons of props throughout the years to the Spurs! He has said some great things as well and was with them all the way in 03, he seemed to be rooting for them then. He has fun and dogs them at times yes I now, disses the Fat women in the City and so on but he also has respect for them and TD (The greatest PF on the history of the planet or Groundhog Day as he calls him). I don't get as bent out of shape as some do in here, no need.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Barkley doesn't get paid to discuss basketball, obviously, so I don't know why fans of teams he shits on are so insulted, tbh:lol..

boutons_deux
03-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Barkley trolling?

Sometimes I think it's more stupidity than trolling. Many times, such blatant difficulties with language are difficulties with thinking

King
03-07-2014, 03:40 PM
He wasn't wrong in WHY he said the Spurs would lose the game. He said the Heat will win if the Spurs just keep shooting jumpers. And when they came out in the third doing just that, the Heat started closing the lead. When they started attacking more and playing tighter defense, that's when they pulled away. Jump shooting teams don't win in the long term.

Trainwreck2100
03-07-2014, 03:41 PM
That"difficulty" has made him millions

siraulo23
03-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Just barkley being barkley, he's entertaining tbh

he does have a point, the west conf is LOADED this year, the spurs have shown the past couple of games they can play elite defense like last year, i couldnt believe my eyess how fast theyre rotating on defense vs miami

the spurs are good enough to win any series, but can they survive multiple very tough rounds against athletic, hungry teams. Teams that are very tough matchup for the spurs too, rockets and okc, we'll see

Captivus
03-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Those are the type of thing that tv guys shouldnt say.
Off course the spurs could lose in the 1st round, we all know the west teams are good and it could happen.
Those predictions make no sense, and in fact, there's no reason to even make that kind of predictions.
Can Houston defeat OKC in the 1st round? Yeah, it could happen.
If the Spurs lose in the Finals again, what is he gonna say: They are old?
Kmon Barkley, you can get attention without getting involved in these kind of stupid futurology.

dbreiden83080
03-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Barkley doesn't get paid to discuss basketball, obviously, so I don't know why fans of teams he shits on are so insulted, tbh:lol..

It's a sin he was ever considered a great player. By all accounts he was fat, lazy, a pain in the ass to coach and a bad team-mate most of his career.

Mugen
03-07-2014, 09:22 PM
^none of those qualities prevent somebody from being a "great" player tbh.

dbreiden83080
03-07-2014, 09:29 PM
^none of those qualities prevent somebody from being a "great" player tbh.

They don't?

Maybe I should say great winner because he sure as shit was never that and those qualities were huge reasons why..

Mugen
03-07-2014, 09:39 PM
They don't?

Maybe I should say great winner because he sure as shit was never that and those qualities were huge reasons why..

All those things applied to Shaq tbh. Difference is Shaq was 7'1" 320lbs while Chuck managed to dominate while basically being DeJuan Blair's size. He was undoubtedly a "great" player.

Meh, the "great winner" measurement would pretty much discount every great player during the Jordan era which I think should only be reserved to terrible people off the court like Karl Malone. Basically every great 90s player wasn't a "great winner" thanks to Michael 'cept for Hakeem who did it while MJ was being suspended for gambling tbh so i really don't use it as a huge knock.

As HH pointed out, Chuck is paid purely for entertainment. Nobody should take his bball analysis seriously cuz I doubt he does anyways. IIRC he even picked the Spurs to beat the Heat in the Finals.

dbreiden83080
03-07-2014, 09:47 PM
All those things applied to Shaq tbh. Difference is Shaq was 7'1" 320lbs while Chuck managed to dominate while basically being DeJuan Blair's size. He was undoubtedly a "great" player.

Meh, the "great winner" measurement would pretty much discount every great player during the Jordan era which I think should only be reserved to terrible people off the court like Karl Malone. Basically every great 90s player wasn't a "great winner" thanks to Michael 'cept for Hakeem who did it while MJ was being suspended for gambling tbh so i really don't use it as a huge knock.

As HH pointed out, Chuck is paid purely for entertainment. Nobody should take his bball analysis seriously cuz I doubt he does anyways. IIRC he even picked the Spurs to beat the Heat in the Finals.

Almost everyone that finished 2nd or 3rd or 4th to Jordan and the Bulls in the 90's were players with great drive and determination. I lived in NY and watched Ewing get taped up like a mummy at the end of his career playing on 2 shot knees give his all to try and get back one last time to the finals and win it. Malone was incredible into his mid to late 30's striving for that ring. Chuck went to Houston at age 33 without a ring, gained 20 pounds and collected a few more million. To Shaq's credit I think Phil actually upped his focus for a little while..

dbreiden83080
03-07-2014, 09:49 PM
while MJ was being suspended for gambling tbh so i really don't use it as a huge knock.

One of the great myths and hilarious rumors ever in sports..

pgardn
03-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I think the guy is hilarious despite his awful English.

Its funny hearing him call out all the fat women of San Antonio when he is a fat, pretty damn ugly fellow himself.
Glad Shaq is gone for a while, he's got nothing.

SouthTexasRancher
03-08-2014, 12:15 AM
"Charles Barkley" ... This is what a fat man with a tiny penis and nothing between his ears is known as. The guy has a vocabulary of less than 20 words and 10 of them are duplicate words. Poor guy couldn't win a championship no matter what team he was on.

KawhiLeonard
03-08-2014, 12:36 AM
The great one was when he had Memphis beating the spurs last year in the WCF the spurs went on to sweep them with 2 blowout wins.

Biernutz
03-08-2014, 12:49 AM
I could care less what Charles has to say about us. He always says says outrageous things to
keep the show going. He doesn't take himself serious like some of the assholes on ESPN like...
Bill Simmons , Steven A and Tony Kornheiser.