PDA

View Full Version : Does Spurfan really not get that...

tim_duncan_fan
03-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Charles Barkley is the biggest Duncan-Pop era-loving reverse-jinx attempting Spurs homer alive?

He and Skip are the only media friends we have and I appreciate them lol.

capek
03-07-2014, 09:43 PM
The only problem I have with that theory is that I'm just not just Chuck is smart enough, or that into the NBA outside of pulling a paycheck for doing the show, that he's put that much thought into it. I could be wrong though, in which case :tu to Chuck.

BanditHiro
03-07-2014, 10:47 PM
i have been saying the same...good reverse jinx that will get us to the Finals

Kidd K
03-08-2014, 01:03 AM
He doesn't actually like Duncan or the Spurs. In fact I suspect instead of what you think that he's jealous and bitter over Duncan being considered the best PF ever, so he swallows his pride, shits out the lazy "I like Duncan/Spurs but" prefacing every single Spur-bashing sentence he speaks. . .which is pretty much every time he opens his mouth about the Spurs.

He just pretends to like them to lessen the flak he gets for saying they won't win and aren't that good. Common passive aggressive tactic.

CitizenDwayne
03-08-2014, 01:06 AM
Whether or not he likes the Spurs, who gives a damn? Guy's an entertainer, not really a serious analyst, and his bitching against the Spurs is not nearly as egregious as that of Reggie Miller, anyway.

Spurs da champs
03-08-2014, 01:35 AM
He doesn't actually like Duncan or the Spurs. In fact I suspect instead of what you think that he's jealous and bitter over Duncan being considered the best PF ever, so he swallows his pride, shits out the lazy "I like Duncan/Spurs but" prefacing every single Spur-bashing sentence he speaks. . .which is pretty much every time he opens his mouth about the Spurs.

He has consistently referred to Tim Duncan as the "greatest power forward ever", over the years, that is not reminiscent of jealousy.

Spursfanfromafar
03-08-2014, 02:34 AM
He is always appreciative of Duncan ..and he is a big big Ginobili (JANOOOOOOOOBILI) fan. So yeah, it could be the case.

SpursFan86
03-08-2014, 03:59 AM
Whether or not he likes the Spurs, who gives a damn? Guy's an entertainer, not really a serious analyst, and his bitching against the Spurs is not nearly as egregious as that of Reggie Miller, anyway.

This, honestly. Dude is one of the funniest sports analysts on television and just speaks his mind. I really don't think he spends time researching what he's going to say or anything like that. Some might think that's a bad thing, but I personally find him entertaining. You just have to understand that not everything he says is going to make sense and take it for what it is. Besides, it's not like he says the Spurs are a horrible team. He just thinks we're the 3rd best team in the West...which honestly isn't that crazy of a statement.

Reggie Miller, on the other hand, says really dumb shit while never providing any entertainment. He just constantly comes off as being anti-Spurs and has no redeeming qualities.

Boomersgold
03-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Reggie Miller, on the other hand, says really dumb shit while never providing any entertainment. He just constantly comes off as being anti-Spurs and has no redeeming qualities.
Miller says biased shit. It's Shaq who says things which qualify as being 'dumb shit'. Dude really gives no insight to anything basketball related, and his sense of humor is just plain embarrassing to watch and listen to.

Here's an example of Shaq's 'expert' analysis: "The ____ will need to score in the second half to win."

wildchild
03-08-2014, 02:06 PM
He and Skip are the only media friends we have

Two crazy funny guys.

Skip is more like a massive troll, sometimes he's hilarious :lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YySrNvhH4gM

Sometimes he meets his match... :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6x-O3kb1sI#t=111

Budkin
03-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Barkley picked the Nets over the Spurs in 2003! :lmao

Trainwreck2100
03-08-2014, 04:38 PM
He gets paid because he's hilarious. And Is hilarious

Trainwreck2100
03-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Kenny smith said it best you insult these people and they give you free stuff for it

ohmwrecker
03-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Barkley is the honey badger of basketball analysis.

Kidd K
03-08-2014, 11:16 PM
He has consistently referred to Tim Duncan as the "greatest power forward ever", over the years, that is not reminiscent of jealousy.

Like I said, he says insincere praise to set up bashing him immediately afterward and "not be held responsible" for it. He can just claim "hey I'm a fan, I'm just being honest".

He's the best PF ever imo. . .but he sucks and won't win the title this year. Or next year. Or the year after. And isn't that great anymore. . .repeat repeat repeat for past 10 years.

How long does he need to use these common passive aggressive tactics before you realize he doesn't actually mean the fake, canned positive remark he makes before his lengthy bashing? When's the last time you heard Chuck say Duncan was the best PF ever then actually go into detail about how good he is and how great his chances at winning are? And not just shit on him and his team immediately afterward?

The ratio of negative to positive comments for him towards Duncan and the Spurs is like 20/1. And the "1" is just the lazy, canned set up comment usually.