PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Rockets besting or Pacers falling?

RsxPiimp
03-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Rockets looked flat out great tlately. Indiana, complete opposite.

Is Houston peaking at the right time, or is Indiana just falling down flat on its face?

Budkin
03-07-2014, 11:22 PM
A little of both. Rox are gelling and Pacers slumping.

benefactor
03-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Rockets look like they are peaking at the right time. We'll see if it can carry over into a seven game series.

Venti Quattro
03-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Besting = guesting??

Clipper Nation
03-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Pacers are simply choking down the stretch of the season, tbh....

sook
03-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Rockets been playing really well lately, not the same team from earlier this year and pacers are overrated

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Pacers haven't been able to sustain their previous pace, since George has regressed, and Hibbert's early-season improvements were appatently just temporary..

They aren't a great team, but they'll compete with Miami because they match up well and the Heat are going to be exhausted in their 4th straight run to the Finals..

Houston has always been elite, I don't know why there have been so many doubters, including many of their own fans..only morons like hater and most of this forum thought they wouldn't be contenders:lol..they have 2 top 10 players in the league, that will make your team a contender virtually every time..

romsey31
03-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Team hasn't played well since the granger trade tbh. Serves bird right for fucking with chemistry and loyalty. Got too greedy tbh. You're up 4 games on mia with the best defense in the nba stand pat and go to war with your boys

Rogue
03-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Pacers are just resting for the playoffs imho, Miami also lost some games recently which they should've won.

Venti Quattro
03-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Tbf to Indiana, the East's best teams are just getting guested by Texas teams. How quick we are to forget that the Heat lost by 24 to the Spurs last night.

sook
03-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Pacers are just resting for the playoffs imho, Miami also lost some games recently which they should've won.

Comeon Rogue :lol
Their whole mission has been to get hca over Miami to get to the finals. Miami will probably overtake them now.

Cry Havoc
03-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Rockets look like they are peaking at the right time. We'll see if it can carry over into a seven game series.

This is not the right time to peak, tbh. I mean, it's good for them that they're getting their act together, but there's still a bunch of games left before the ones that matter start.

Cry Havoc
03-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Pacers haven't been able to sustain their previous pace, since George has regressed, and Hibbert's early-season improvements were appatently just temporary..

They aren't a great team, but they'll compete with Miami because they match up well and the Heat are going to be exhausted in their 4th straight run to the Finals..

Houston has always been elite, I don't know why there have been so many doubters, including many of their own fans..only morons like hater and most of this forum thought they wouldn't be contenders:lol..they have 2 top 10 players in the league, that will make your team a contender virtually every time..

B... but Howard is a horrible player! He'll never play on a contender! We have the evidence! He single-handedly destroyed one of the most talented teams in league history! And it was all his fault! We know this because Laker fans have been telling us what a cancer he is!

sook
03-08-2014, 12:03 AM
B... but Howard is a horrible player! He'll never play on a contender! We have the evidence! He single-handedly destroyed one of the most talented teams in league history! And it was all his fault! We know this because Laker fans have been telling us what a cancer he is!

:lol

Clipper Nation
03-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Team hasn't played well since the granger trade tbh.

Thanks for Granger, btw :lol

He's being eased in slowly but he looks a bit better than I expected so far, he's had a couple nice dunks....

RsxPiimp
03-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Besting = guesting??

Beasting :lol

Sean Cagney
03-08-2014, 12:21 AM

I still don't think they can beat Miami in a 7 game series.

djohn2oo8
03-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Rockets haven't peaked yet. The bench is still unreliable game to game (aka Lin)

Spurs9
03-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Looks like DH finally found a legit team and is back into beast mode.

TIMMYtoZO
03-08-2014, 12:31 AM
:lol Houston is way more of a threat to the Heat in a series than the Pacers are. Indiana is just a cute little pesky team. Houston has 2 top 10 players with a solid supporting cast. McHale and Spoelstra basically cancel each other out, tbh. I have been saying this for a few weeks...the Rockets are the biggest threat to the Heatles championship hopes this season.

TIMMYtoZO
03-08-2014, 12:33 AM
I still don't think they can beat Miami in a 7 game series.

Houston has by far the best shot compared to everyone else.

Pelicans78
03-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Evan Turner was terrible for Philly this season. Pacers didn't do their homework when they traded for him.

RD2191
03-08-2014, 12:40 AM
:lol Houston is way more of a threat to the Heat in a series than the Pacers are. Indiana is just a cute little pesky team. Houston has 2 top 10 players with a solid supporting cast. McHale and Spoelstra basically cancel each other out, tbh. I have been saying this for a few weeks...the Rockets are the biggest threat to the Heatles championship hopes this season.

ROFL

sook
03-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Evan Turner was terrible for Philly this season. Pacers didn't do their homework when they traded for him.

Dude is solely responsible for pissing Harden off enough for him to go HAM :lol

spurraider21
03-08-2014, 01:09 AM
I called a spurs Rox WCF before the season tbh, though I didn't think okc would be as good as they've been. What's incredible is how good the rockets have been despite asik/Lin not providing any returns this year

sook
03-08-2014, 01:12 AM
I called a spurs Rox WCF before the season tbh, though I didn't think okc would be as good as they've been. What's incredible is how good the rockets have been despite asik/Lin not providing any returns this year

Rockets won't get through LAC or Memphis if they ever face either of those 2 teams this season. Our bench is just not consistent enough to do so. I was inclined to say OKC but both games we played them in we were injured or played in a really bad funk. I think it is doable but unlikely in a 7 game series as it is with the spurs.

Chris16
03-08-2014, 02:10 AM
The Lakers in 1998 went on a 22-3 tear in the last 2 months of the regular season, everyone had them Finals bound when the playoffs began, then they got swept in the WCF.

The Rockets are playing well now but that doesn't mean they won't lose in lopsided fashion in the playoffs. I still don't think they really have a true leader yet, they're winning based on talent.

angrydude
03-08-2014, 02:35 AM
It's all matchups for them. The rockets struggle against teams with big shot blockers like LAC and OKC, and memphis since they depend so much on layups and don't do mid-range. When the layups don't fall, they run out of ideas and chuck threes. Then they lose.

sook
03-08-2014, 02:36 AM
The Lakers in 1998 went on a 22-3 tear in the last 2 months of the regular season, everyone had them Finals bound when the playoffs began, then they got swept in the WCF.

The Rockets are playing well now but that doesn't mean they won't lose in lopsided fashion in the playoffs. I still don't think they really have a true leader yet, they're winning based on talent.
The rockets have a slim chance at even getting to the wcf. They have the blue print, just haven't straightener the kinks like bench production out.

Chris16
03-08-2014, 02:56 AM
The rockets have a slim chance at even getting to the wcf. They have the blue print, just haven't straightener the kinks like bench production out.

I know they won't get there this year, I think they'll be 4th and face the Thunder in the Semi-Finals.

RsxPiimp
03-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Pacers dropped another game, Hou won it's 17th game in 15 games.

Suspect
03-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Pacers dropped another game, Hou won it's 17th game in 15 games.

sook
Everybody predicted we would go 0-3 :lol

I think we lose to Miami but beat OKC next game.

RsxPiimp
15th in 17th games, thanks for the heads up Wizard

Double-Up
03-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Yea we ain't getting that win in South Beach.

Suspect
03-09-2014, 09:34 PM
I still think OKC is gonna blow Houston out. Next 2 games 0-2. Board calls rockets frauds, back to step 1

angrydude
03-09-2014, 09:46 PM
I still think OKC is gonna blow Houston out. Next 2 games 0-2. Board calls rockets frauds, back to step 1

Probably. But those were always schedule losses for the rockets.

Still, OKC is hurting at the moment so who knows.

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Houston also faces Chicago soon. Prolly lose that one. I could see them beating MethKC and the Heat again.

sook
03-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Houston also faces Chicago soon. Prolly lose that one. I could see them beating MethKC and the Heat again.

We're not gonna lose to Chi :lol

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 09:56 PM
We're not gonna lose to Chi :lol

They're basically Memphis East. Didn't y'all have trouble with them earlier this year at home too?

sook
03-09-2014, 09:57 PM
They're basically Memphis East. Didn't y'all have trouble with them earlier this year at home too?

No we beat them easily :lol

Memphis is completely different. They have Gasol and Zbo

djohn2oo8
03-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Probably lose to OKC and beat Miami.

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 09:59 PM
No we beat them easily :lol

Memphis is completely different. They have Gasol and Zbo

Noah is Gasol without the jumper while Boozer = Zbo without the grit. Chicago also has superior coaching.

sook
03-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Noah is Gasol without the jumper while Boozer = Zbo without the grit. Chicago also has superior coaching.

I don't know then...it was pretty easy to beat Chicago last time while we just play like ass against memphis all the time.

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't know then...it was pretty easy to beat Chicago last time while we just play like ass against memphis all the time.

Welp, we'll find out soon. They're the only other team that's been playing as well as Houston since the turn of the calendar.

Clipper Nation
03-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Welp, we'll find out soon. They're the only other team that's been playing as well as Houston since the turn of the calendar.

Pretty sure the Clippers and Nyets have had a better record since January 1st than Chicago as well....

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Pretty sure the Clippers and Nyets have had a better record since January 1st than Chicago as well....

Yep, you're right.