PDA

View Full Version : To Tax Or Not To Tax?

MannyIsGod
08-05-2005, 11:06 AM
All things being equal, would you rather have the money you pay in sales tax go to the government or to a merchant?

Clandestino
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Manny complains about the government not providing enough services, but he says he would rather give money to a private entity than to the government.. doesn't make sense.

SWC Bonfire
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
:lol I knew this poll would come up.

I think everyone would rather have the money in their own pocket.

MannyIsGod
08-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Manny complains about the government not providing enough services, but he says he would rather give money to a private entity than to the government.. doesn't make sense.
Are you copy and pasting your posts now?

I guess I'll have to copy and paste my response.

I complain about the government spending money poorly.

It does make sense, you're just too stupid to comprehend things.

Nbadan
08-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Government isn't going to just magically disappear overnight. There are things like public safety, building roads, city planning, emergency services and various other things Government does better than private entities would. So if there is no sales tax how are we going to pay for these services? Property tax? State Income tax? Consumption tax? State flat tax? Pick your poison.

gtownspur
08-05-2005, 04:09 PM
All things being equal, would you rather have the money you pay in sales tax go to the government or to a merchant?

thAT DOESNT make sense to me. if a bottle of coke is 1.00 selling price and the state sales tax is 9% as an example, then the merchant will still retain the dollar. Now lets say the merchant was to raise the price of the product to 1.09, the govt would still profit even more if it decided to tax down the road since the sales price is higher. i'm confused. maybe you could explain.