Indy
OKC
SA

look_at_g_shred
03-08-2014, 11:05 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229711&page=4&p=7176899

SpurPadre
03-08-2014, 11:10 PM
And we lose the tiebreaker against each team if the season ended tonight. Fortunately, we have another crack at the Pacers.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-08-2014, 11:13 PM
And we lose the tiebreaker against each team if the season ended tonight. Fortunately, we have another crack at the Pacers.

and the Thunder

SpurPadre
03-08-2014, 11:20 PM
and the Thunder
Yeah but we can't possibly get a tiebreaker over them though.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Yeah but we can't possibly get a tiebreaker over them though.

We are tied with them for the best record. So technically we control our own fate just like they do.

SupremeGuy
03-08-2014, 11:25 PM
We looked like shit tonight, tbh. But it was against a tank.

The postseason in the West is looking fucking crazy. All the Lebrons have to worry about is the Pacers.

exstatic
03-08-2014, 11:37 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229711&page=4&p=7176899

Yeah, that's a nice thread about the WC race. My sights are set a bit higher: best record in the NBA.

D-rob fan
03-08-2014, 11:42 PM
We are tied with them for the best record. So technically we control our own fate just like they do.

I was about to say that we are 0-3 against them this season so we've already lost the 1st tie breaker against them and then don't control our own fate. But then realized as I was typing to rebut, if we beat OKC, and win all of our games, it wouldn't come down to a tie breaker. Good job N0 LyF3 ScRub in realizing this.

TE
03-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Yeah, that's a nice thread about the WC race. My sights are set a bit higher: best record in the NBA.
lol way to spin that one

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-09-2014, 12:27 AM
I was about to say that we are 0-3 against them this season so we've already lost the 1st tie breaker against them and then don't control our own fate. But then realized as I was typing to rebut, if we beat OKC, and win all of our games, it wouldn't come down to a tie breaker. Good job N0 LyF3 ScRub in realizing this.

Yes. Not to mention they have a significantly tougher schedule than we do. Their next stretch includes games against Houston twice, Dallas twice, Clips, Indiana and us. That's tougher in my opinion then OKC, GS twice, Portland, and Indy.

Kidd K
03-09-2014, 01:18 AM
Fuck a tiebreaker. All you need is one game better and it doesn't matter. I don't expect will will have top record because of how super soft the east is. There's no way the Pacers or Heat don't get top record seeing as how they get to play the garbage east 52x a year and west only 30x. And 15 of those 30 are at home in the east. So they only even go west 15 times a year, rofl.

We looked like shit tonight, tbh. But it was against a tank.

The postseason in the West is looking fucking crazy. All the Lebrons have to worry about is the Pacers.

SSDD. The top east team only ever has to worry about one other team. If they EVER have three teams who would be favored at beating the 8th seed out west, it's a special event. East has been garbage for a long time.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Yes. Not to mention they have a significantly tougher schedule than we do. Their next stretch includes games against Houston twice, Dallas twice, Clips, Indiana and us. That's tougher in my opinion then OKC, GS twice, Portland, and Indy.

Nice avi man...... Their schedule is a little tougher than ours but DAMN man both are tough when you think of it! Real season coming soon time to prepare.

spurs10
03-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Fuck a tiebreaker. All you need is one game better and it doesn't matter. I don't expect will will have top record because of how super soft the east is. There's no way the Pacers or Heat don't get top record seeing as how they get to play the garbage east 52x a year and west only 30x. And 15 of those 30 are at home in the east. So they only even go west 15 times a year, rofl.

SSDD. The top east team only ever has to worry about one other team. If they EVER have three teams who would be favored at beating the 8th seed out west, it's a special event. East has been garbage for a long time. A lot of truth here. Teams in the East below .500 are making the playoffs. Makes it very tough to have HCA, if you're from the West. :toast

Skull-1
03-09-2014, 02:06 AM
Closing in on 50... I love this streak.

CitizenDwayne
03-09-2014, 02:16 AM
I got tickets to the Indy-SA game on the 31st...turns out this game will have even more significance than I thought!

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-09-2014, 02:24 AM
Nice avi man...... Their schedule is a little tougher than ours but DAMN man both are tough when you think of it! Real season coming soon time to prepare.

Thanks man.

Yeah, hopefully we can stay consistent as we have been, and hopefully OKC continues to struggle getting Westbrook back into the swing of things. We are very fortunate OKC is dealing with so many injuries for a consecutive season. They won't get Sefalosha or Perks a bit into the playoffs, so hopefully someone can knock them off. Not to mention when they get them back, they will probably be a bit rusty. Just wish the players injured had more significance on their offense. Duncan being guarded by Adams is a huge mismatch though.

I also love how they played Caron Butler for 28 minutes last game compared to Lamb getting 13 minutes.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Thanks man.

Yeah, hopefully we can stay consistent as we have been, and hopefully OKC continues to struggle getting Westbrook back into the swing of things. We are very fortunate OKC is dealing with so many injuries for a consecutive season. They won't get Sefalosha or Perks a bit into the playoffs, so hopefully someone can knock them off. Not to mention when they get them back, they will probably be a bit rusty. Just wish the players injured had more significance on their offense. Duncan being guarded by Adams is a huge mismatch though.

I also love how they played Caron Butler for 28 minutes last game compared to Lamb getting 13 minutes.

THINK about this, Spurs have had major injuries this year from Parker, Gino and Leonard and Splitter which kept them out at a seperate time for up to a month and the Spurs are still near the top! They have had injuries too! The only ones who never seem to get injuries for any time is the damn Heat! They just seem to be blessed without any injuries at all every year it seems. I do not WISH it upon them at all, but damn they stay relatively healthy all year sides Wades knee which is chronic and just a given.

Kidd K
03-09-2014, 03:31 AM
A lot of truth here. Teams in the East below .500 are making the playoffs. Makes it very tough to have HCA, if you're from the West. :toast

Yeah seriously. NBA should go to just switching HCA between conferences each year like MLB used to to make it fair, or make the all star game winning conference get the HCA. Anything except "elite east team defaults into HCA because of shitty competition in their conference".

LoneStarState'sPride
03-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Yeah seriously. NBA should go to just switching HCA between conferences each year like MLB used to to make it fair, or make the all star game winning conference get the HCA. Anything except "elite east team defaults into HCA because of shitty competition in their conference".

Completely agree. Of course we're biased as fuck because we root for a team from the West, but it's fucking ridiculous how garbage the lEast is and yet they get rewarded for sleepwalking through that trash.

cd98
03-09-2014, 12:59 PM
No seed probably means only playing Thunder or Rockets whereas 2 or 3 seed means need to beat both.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Fuck a tiebreaker. All you need is one game better and it doesn't matter. I don't expect will will have top record because of how super soft the east is. There's no way the Pacers or Heat don't get top record seeing as how they get to play the garbage east 52x a year and west only 30x. And 15 of those 30 are at home in the east. So they only even go west 15 times a year, rof

SSDD. The top east team only ever has to worry about one other team. If they EVER have three teams who would be favored at beating the 8th seed out west, it's a special event. East has been garbage for a long time.

Agreed. Can you imagine the Spurs in the East!?!?:rollin:rollin:rollin

They would win 70.

Kidd K
03-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Completely agree. Of course we're biased as fuck because we root for a team from the West, but it's fucking ridiculous how garbage the lEast is and yet they get rewarded for sleepwalking through that trash.

I honestly would be up for HCA decided by off years or all star even if I was an east fan. I still like the Bulls too, so I sort of am at least for the one team. I'm always up for fairness no matter what. Any sport or game at all tbh. if it ain't fair it's not worth playing or watching imo

Proxy
03-09-2014, 05:13 PM
2 way tie now

heyheymymy
03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
thanks to okc dropping a game to the lakers lol we are # 1 in the west!

BillMc
03-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Indy having trouble with Dallas.

BillMc
03-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Dammit, I may have jinxed it. Indy's closed the gap.

boutons_deux
03-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Rox also closed gap, -4 vs Blazers

boutons_deux
03-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Rox losing with 3 / 11 3Gs.

Old School 44
03-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Wow! How does OKC drop a game to the Lakers? The same Lakers that got stomped by the Clips by 48 the other night. Incredible!

boutons_deux
03-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Rox choking, harden TO, harden + lin missed FTs

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Rox choking, harden TO, harden + lin missed FTs

We wish. Harden, that bum, clutch as ever.

Old School 44
03-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Best record in the NBA. Your San Antonio Spurs! Who would think the the Pacers (lost 4), the Heat (lost 3) and OKC (lost 2) would all go on losing streaks...Unbelievable!!!

exstatic
03-09-2014, 09:07 PM
One way tie: us...

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Best record in the NBA. Your San Antonio Spurs! Who would think the the Pacers (lost 4), the Heat (lost 3) and OKC (lost 2) would all go on losing streaks...Unbelievable!!!

Would have been a perfect night if Portland had finished the Rockets, but still all good for the Spurs.

poeticism707
03-09-2014, 09:12 PM
The rare time I cheered for the Mavs.

That's nothing. I cheered for the Lakers earlier!

Disgusting.

SpursDynasty
03-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Lol the Spurs have the best record in Duncan's 17th season and in our big 3's 12th season together. No other franchise in American sports compares.

Thomas82
03-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Lol the Spurs have the best record in Duncan's 17th season and in our big 3's 12th season together. No other franchise in American sports compares.

Music to my ears!!

Pako
03-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Wow!!!

The Whopper
03-09-2014, 09:35 PM

Disgusting.

I was doing the same to my eternal shame.

For some reason I find this iteration of the Lakers more palatable.

boutons_deux
03-09-2014, 09:36 PM
ok, the table is set for Spurs to go into Chicago and really put the fear into the pretenders.

Tue has some great matchups, none on national TV.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/scoreboard?date=20140311

gambit1990
03-09-2014, 09:53 PM

Disgusting.
don't worry, it's okay to root for the lakers if it's advantageous to us :toast

z0sa
03-09-2014, 09:54 PM

No Kobe, no problem.

Kool Bob Love
03-09-2014, 09:57 PM

:flag:

heyheymymy
03-09-2014, 09:58 PM

PostOTY 2014 so far congrats!

gambit1990
03-09-2014, 10:01 PM
i wanted the lakers to get blown out though (who doesn't?), they will in oklahoma at least.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2014, 10:13 PM
don't worry, it's okay to root for the lakers if it's advantageous to us :toast
Someone at work told me LA beat OKC, I said damn thats great! I never would say that about a win in the past for LA.

letmk
03-09-2014, 10:29 PM

Even not considering the Spurs jumping over OKC, we should still root for the Lakers to win more games at this point. They are definitely NOT going to playoffs, so the better their record is, the less chance they have a good draft pick.

99 Problems
03-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Lakers and Bulls are really nice, no really they are. 3 cheers for them. :lol

boutons_deux
03-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Lakers and Bulls are really nice, no really they are. 3 cheers for them. :lol

Texas (Rox, Spurs, Mavs) won this weekend vs top opponents, while Heat finished their road trip 0-3.

5 weeks left, finally the basketball gets serious, watchable.

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 10:50 PM
If the playoffs started tomorrow we'd be facing 8 again. Much different result tho.

exstatic
03-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Texas (Rox, Spurs, Mavs) won this weekend vs top opponents, while Heat finished their road trip 0-3.

5 weeks left, finally the basketball gets serious, watchable.
Spo let himself get suckered by his own assistant, Bob McAdoo. Mac lobbied for Lebron to be left in the game to run up his scoring in the 61 point game. He was then tired for Houston, and then it kind of snow balled for the whole road trip.

Kidd K
03-09-2014, 11:06 PM
3 way tie. . .Spurs don't even play, still end up with best record at end of day. :lmao

The Whopper
03-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Even not considering the Spurs jumping over OKC, we should still root for the Lakers to win more games at this point. They are definitely NOT going to playoffs, so the better their record is, the less chance they have a good draft pick.

I hope we meet the Lakers in the WCF if that is still possible!

ginobilized
03-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Spurs are starting to gel. Hope they continue and without serious injuries.

We are spoiled by their greatness. This was supposed to be the season that it all finally collapses, just like last season, and the season before......
Fat, old, bald and number 1!!!!!

Holden_Caulfield
03-10-2014, 12:07 AM
lol cant believe we have the best record

Floyd Pacquiao
03-10-2014, 12:26 AM
The 1st seed is a curse, spurs can do with out it......