PDA

View Full Version : If could get back one paiinful non-Game 6 NBA Playoff moment

Venti Quattro
03-09-2014, 10:34 AM
(because Game 6 of the NBA Finals would be the default answer)

What would it be?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-09-2014, 10:37 AM

The NBA was on a mission to give D-Wade his first ring in 06. That Mavs team got screwed so bad and were the superior team.

exstatic
03-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Manu's foul on Dirk, game 7, 2006 WCFs. We win that game, we are SO beating the cHeat in the Finals.

exstatic
03-09-2014, 10:38 AM

The NBA was on a mission to give D-Wade his first ring in 06. That Mavs team got screwed so bad and were the superior team.

You fell right into the trap. Pretty much EXACTLY what VQ was trolling for.

Venti Quattro
03-09-2014, 10:40 AM
You fell right into the trap. Pretty much EXACTLY what VQ was trolling for.

...this is a legit question, nigga. If I wanted to troll the Spurs board I would've come up with something stronger or lengthier. You've seen me do it before.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Manu's foul on Dirk, game 7, 2006 WCFs. We win that game, we are SO beating the cHeat in the Finals.

This.

I'm still pissed about that shit, tbh, fwiw, imo.

mudyez
03-09-2014, 12:15 PM

What I thought as well! :tu

exstatic
03-09-2014, 01:09 PM
...this is a legit question, nigga. If I wanted to troll the Spurs board I would've come up with something stronger or lengthier. You've seen me do it before.

Your team is so shitty, you can only get pleasure by vicariously re-living it's past.

Juggity
03-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Comes down to a question of who I think the spurs would have a better chance of beating in the finals, Pistons or Heat. I guess I think the spurs would've had a better shot at beating the Heat in '06, so I'll go with Manu's foul on Dirk.

Kidd K
03-09-2014, 02:59 PM
The shitty, extremely biased reffing in the 2012 WCFs.

One play here or there. . .it happens. Shit don't bother me that much since I've seen so many seasons in many sports end because of a play or two. But multiple games being apparently fixed by very biased reffing. . ."missing" obvious calls, not calling blatant violations, yet calling every brush or touch call whenever the Thunder need a run because the Spurs are starting to get the momentum. . .that still doesn't sit well with me. When the game's taken out of your hands (or your team's hands), it's a whole different level of bullshit imo.

Budkin
03-09-2014, 03:30 PM
0.4 easily

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Manu's foul. Would've been fun taking the Lakers' cookie two years in a row but I don't think they beat Detroit in the finals. Meanwhile, the Spurs win that Dallas series they go on to win it all.

spurraider21
03-09-2014, 03:38 PM
for me? 0.4 and its not even close

exstatic
03-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Manu's foul. Would've been fun taking the Lakers' cookie two years in a row but I don't think they beat Detroit in the finals. Meanwhile, the Spurs win that Dallas series they go on to win it all.

Manu's foul was in 2006, in the WCFs. It had no effect on any encounter with the Lakers, nor had we played them the year before in the playoffs.

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Manu's foul was in 2006, in the WCFs. It had no effect on any encounter with the Lakers, nor had we played them the year before in the playoffs.

Was talking about .4 and why it wasn't as frustrating as 06...

SpurPadre
03-09-2014, 05:02 PM
To go against the grain, I'll say Game 6 in the '95 WCF against the Rockets. The Admiral actually had a good series but was still dwarfed by hakeem going insane. Admiral did choke in the 4th quarter in game 6 though when we still had a chance missing easy shots and free throws. We should've won that game and series. Losing to a sixth seed in the WCF...shameful.

xellos88330
03-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Manu's foul on Dirk was one that I would take back. It robbed the Spurs of a pretty good shot of going b2b.

I may be committing Spurs fan sacrilege here, but the .4 game was one of the best games I have ever watched. It is hard not to appreciate it regardless of which side you are rooting for.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Dirks play because we would have smashed Miami that year. Detroit in 04 would have gotten us.

TampaDude
03-09-2014, 05:21 PM
.4 because it was such bullshit. The clock started late. It's not physically possible for DFish to have caught the inbounds, turned around, and then launched the shot. Thankfully, the Pistons rendered it moot for the Lakers.

I can live with the Manu foul on Dirk because it was legit. Manu had a brainfart and made a boneheaded play, but it was clearly a foul. Plus, the game was not over yet. There was still time to win or lose.

exstatic
03-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Was talking about .4 and why it wasn't as frustrating as 06...

That's funny. You never even mentioned .4 in your post.

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 05:33 PM
That's funny. You never even mentioned .4 in your post.

Felt it was pretty obvious what I was referring to tbh...

ElNono
03-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Getting swept by the Suns in 2010... for a moment there it felt like the wheels were coming off... luckily we were able to get young, solid blood in Kawhi, Danny and Tiago...

benefactor
03-09-2014, 05:35 PM
0.4? :lol

2006 and it's not close. The Spurs have a three peat if that goes the other way. They roll the shit out of the Heat in the finals.

Robz4000
03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Getting swept by the Suns in 2010... for a moment there it felt like the wheels were coming off... luckily we were able to get young, solid blood in Kawhi, Danny and Tiago...

It's ridiculous the FO did that in 2 years tbh. Green basically fell into their laps but finding Leonard and Splitter was solid work.

ElNono
03-09-2014, 05:39 PM
People forget Tim had planar fasciitis in 2006. Not taking anything away from Dallas, but it's far from a sure thing we would've been able to go all the way that season.

ElNono
03-09-2014, 05:40 PM
It's ridiculous the FO did that in 2 years tbh. Green basically fell into their laps but finding Leonard and Splitter was solid work.

The fortunes finally flipped when we ejected RJ and got Diaw/Jax... really solid moves all around

Skull-1
03-09-2014, 09:22 PM
The shitty, extremely biased reffing in the 2012 WCFs.

One play here or there. . .it happens. Shit don't bother me that much since I've seen so many seasons in many sports end because of a play or two. But multiple games being apparently fixed by very biased reffing. . ."missing" obvious calls, not calling blatant violations, yet calling every brush or touch call whenever the Thunder need a run because the Spurs are starting to get the momentum. . .that still doesn't sit well with me. When the game's taken out of your hands (or your team's hands), it's a whole different level of bullshit imo.

And the season for one of the most exciting teams ever got cut short.....

Sean Cagney
03-09-2014, 09:26 PM
People forget Tim had planar fasciitis in 2006. Not taking anything away from Dallas, but it's far from a sure thing we would've been able to go all the way that season.

Ironic Tim put up his best series he has every played in shooting about 54% or so and around 32PPG on that bad foot! He wanted to beat Dallas that bad that he blacked out that whole series and nearly got it. I think game 7 before he ran out of gas he had 41 and 17 or so.
And the season for one of the most exciting teams ever got cut short.....

That team was bad ass man, they were on a roll.

ElNono
03-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Ironic Tim put up his best series he has every played in shooting about 54% or so and around 32PPG on that bad foot! He wanted to beat Dallas that bad that he blacked out that whole series and nearly got it. I think game 7 before he ran out of gas he had 41 and 17 or so.

He had a phenomenal series, but I recall Diop making a name for himself after that OT from hell... in hindsight, it was really the planar fasciitis and nothing else. Devin Harris also burned us in that series. That's when Pop fell in love with small ball.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2014, 09:42 PM
He had a phenomenal series, but I recall Diop making a name for himself after that OT from hell... in hindsight, it was really the planar fasciitis and nothing else. Devin Harris also burned us in that series. That's when Pop fell in love with small ball.

Tim had to have an IV after that game, he was dead tired by that OT and Diop had less to do with it IMO, he was int he right place at the right time that night. Tim earlier in the game would have roasted that guy, he was overrated for that OT. BTW the OT was from hell, we had that series IMO and I was ready to celebrate and after that OT I just sat in my chair for an hour looking at the TV set.

32fastest
03-09-2014, 10:42 PM
I was at a bar in Dallas when Manu made that foul. I was paying my bill so I could split before the mavs fans could kill me after we beat them. I couldn't believe Manu made that foul. That .4 was the highest high to the lowest low ever but the Manu foul was worse.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2014, 11:25 PM
I was at a bar in Dallas when Manu made that foul. I was paying my bill so I could split before the mavs fans could kill me after we beat them. I couldn't believe Manu made that foul. That .4 was the highest high to the lowest low ever but the Manu foul was worse.I agree because we had a shot to win it all that year, in 04 I doubt we beat Detroit and I am dead serious! We needed Nazr the next year and Barry to spell Tony when he was choking, we did not have them in 04, we had damn TRASHO and Hedo, no way we beat Detroit IMO that year they were radar locked on that title. 2006 was our threepeat, we beat a Amareless Suns easily in the WCF and the Heat we would have beaten, no doubt at all we finish the job whereas Dallas choked away a potential 3-0 lead late in that game! Spurs would have beaten that team 4-1 or 4-2.

dallasmaverickslose
03-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Of the two options in the poll, I chose Manu's foul without hesitation... But here's the series that really hurt for me:

2008 WCF vs the Lakers. Damn. I know we lost that series 4-1, but honestly it was a heck of a lot closer than that. Remember game 1 in LA? We had something like a 15 pt lead with only a few minutes left and we choked it away. That took away pretty much all of our steam, and gave it all to the Fakers.

I honestly think if we start that series on the right foot (like we should have), we win it in 6 games and then go on to the finals for a super showdown with the Celtics. I don't know what would've happened from there, but imagine if we were to win that finals in 2008, and then somehow we won the 2013 finals. Talk about taking a giant shit on Stern.

32fastest
03-10-2014, 12:00 AM
I agree because we had a shot to win it all that year, in 04 I doubt we beat Detroit and I am dead serious! We needed Nazr the next year and Barry to spell Tony when he was choking, we did not have them in 04, we had damn TRASHO and Hedo, no way we beat Detroit IMO that year they were radar locked on that title. 2006 was our threepeat, we beat a Amareless Suns easily in the WCF and the Heat we would have beaten, no doubt at all we finish the job whereas Dallas choked away a potential 3-0 lead late in that game! Spurs would have beaten that team 4-1 or 4-2.

Exactly

spurseye
03-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Lots of great "what ifs" for the spurs

what if rod strickland doesnt go behind the back?
what if Barkley doesnt close hemisfair?
what if horry hits the 3 in 2003?
what if fisher misses .4?
what if horry misses 3 in 2005?
what if manu doesnt foul dirk?
what if boris and amare play game 5?
what if fisher is called for foul and barry sinks all 3 free throws in 2008?

TDomination
.4 for me.

Duncans shot was essentially erased from peoples memories after fishturd hit that bs shot.

If fisher misses, Duncans shot becomes one of the greatest moments in playoff history. Spurs go on a roll and Duncan leads them to their first back 2 back title over Detroit.

Russo21
I woulda liked the Spurs to have had the chance to defend the title in 2000. Tim was young and dominating and DROB was still a force. But then Duncan went down. No Duncan = no chance

Sean Cagney
03-10-2014, 12:25 AM
Exactly

It still stings years later thinking of that series.

chazley
03-10-2014, 07:27 AM
It's the Manu foul in 2006. 0.4 shot wasn't an elimination game for either team, if Fisher misses that we aren't even guaranteed to make the Finals. We literally make the Finals if Manu doesn't foul Dirk in a completely obvious spot. Those who say that we for sure would've beaten Miami quite obviously didn't see the Finals that year, because it was quite possibly the greatest series I have ever seen one player have in the Finals.

exstatic
03-10-2014, 12:55 PM
It's the Manu foul in 2006. 0.4 shot wasn't an elimination game for either team, if Fisher misses that we aren't even guaranteed to make the Finals. We literally make the Finals if Manu doesn't foul Dirk in a completely obvious spot. Those who say that we for sure would've beaten Miami quite obviously didn't see the Finals that year, because it was quite possibly the greatest series I have ever seen one player have in the Finals.
Prime Bowen on DWade, Prime Timmy on Shaquille.

03-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Prime Bowen on DWade, Prime Timmy on Shaquille.would have been a great series /:

There are so many what if plays for the Spurs over the last decade, and you realize this Spurs team could have 6 or 7 rings if all the stars aligned correctly. I'll take 4, though.

SsKSpurs21
03-10-2014, 03:10 PM
2006 for the reasons already stated:

1) Miami would be easier to beat than the pistons
2) win in 2006 and we have a solid 3peat 05, 06, 07
3) watching the lakers lose to the pistons almost made up for .4, especially with Larry Brown finally getting a ring.

Skull-1
03-10-2014, 03:58 PM

What fight is the Ali clip from?

superjames1992
03-10-2014, 06:12 PM
There is no question. It has to be The Foul.

0.4 sucked, too, but those Pistons would have been tough and that shot didn't ultimately make the difference in winning vs. losing the series.

tholdren
03-10-2014, 09:27 PM

at least spurs don't do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9nyiwaTIg

heyheymymy
03-10-2014, 10:08 PM
the 09-11 playoffs were just brutal. 09 we knew with a key player out we weren't going far. But 10 after smacking dal getting swept by phx which was at that time a pretty recent nemesis. we hated the suns back then. just 4 straight workings in a row, dragic killing everything. such a buzzkill after slaying the mavs in the first round to have it end quick.

but 11 just broke my heart the most against mem. the seed thing in the back of my mind, the tanking to get us by the grizz, the manu breaking his arm in a meaningless game, number 82 of 82 in a reg season, the grizz just hittting everything, fucking jefferson.... it was the worst, most painful one for me. so bittersweet when neal hit the 3 b/c you knew it was over but you wanted just one more game at that point.

way worse than miami game 6 for me. we won that and giftwrapped it. i can deal with that. but the way 11 ended, after a great reg season was just torture for me (personally hate the grizz so that adds a lot to it as well)

Drachen
03-10-2014, 10:36 PM
That moment where we lost game 7 of the 2013 finals.