PDA

View Full Version : Something should be said about the 2012-2014 Season

Embedded
03-09-2014, 11:22 AM
I see a lot of detractors posting in this forum about how horrible Coach Popovich is, what an epic collapse, what we should have done, etc. etc.

You guys are mere spectators. Monday morning quarterbacks and haters, pretending AFTER THE FACT to be experts. Don't be overwhelmed by your own insignificance. Nobody has ever paid you one thin dime for your basketball coaching skills, nor will they. You have never attempted a single NBA free throw, nor will you. I will place my bet that Coach Popovich has more basketball IQ in his sleep than you. So if it makes you deal with your own miniscule basketball insignificance in this universe and your own shortcomings and personal failures in life, well you go right ahead and delude yourselves into thinking that the universe revolves around you and you manhood is measured in meters. The real spirit in this forum is carried by us Spurs fans that appreciate what Tim, Tony, Manu, Coach Popovich, and the rest of our Homies accomplished in 2012-2013, which exceeded that of 28 other teams. There is no epic collapse, just the pursuit of the next championship.

GO SPURS GO!!!

DPG21920
03-09-2014, 11:54 AM

txstr1986
03-09-2014, 12:14 PM
:toast

ego
03-09-2014, 12:27 PM
+1 !

Spur|n|Austin
03-09-2014, 12:38 PM
That's a long season.

EVAY
03-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Well said, imo.

baseline bum
03-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Pop is one of the greatest things to ever happen to this franchise, and he coached circles around Spoelstra in the Finals.

Aztecfan03
03-09-2014, 02:36 PM
That's a long season.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Prime Time
03-11-2014, 07:48 AM
I never got this logic. You can't judge music because you're not a singer
You can't judge food because you're not a chef.

You can't discuss politics, Where's your degree?

You can't say Twilight sucks. Show me your novel brah

spurs1990
03-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Sorry to derail but just wanted to add that Spurs have had 13 seasons where they've won 70% of their games, including this year.

Of those 13, 11 have come under Popovich.

Lastly when you combine 2011-2014, they've gone 215-77, a 73% clip, which equates to a 60 win season on average.

I believe the last four seasons are easily the most remarkable, regular season wise, in Spurs history.

mudyez
03-11-2014, 09:11 AM
:toast

Eddy from Austin
03-11-2014, 10:24 AM
:clap

PÒÓCH
03-11-2014, 10:58 AM
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Baam
03-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Spoelstra outcoached him, he played fresh players like Battier in game 7 after that exausting game 6 unlike Pop who decided to put all his chips on Manu again after that terrible game 6... He was also awesome in crunch time during their whole run unlike Poop who shat his pants...

Spoelstra even beat Pop without Lebron and Wade...

I mean non-homers can clearly see who the best coach of the two is...

Pop is a great mentor and all but as a coach he's not that special...

OP's jimmies are clearly rustled...

Sean Cagney
03-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Spoelstra outcoached him, he played fresh players like Battier in game 7 after that exausting game 6 unlike Pop who decided to put all his chips on Manu again after that terrible game 6... He was also awesome in crunch time during their whole run unlike Poop who shat his pants...

Spoelstra even beat Pop without Lebron and Wade...

I mean non-homers can clearly see who the best coach of the two is...

Pop is a great mentor and all but as a coach he's not that special...

OP's jimmies are clearly rustled...

Spoelstra a better coach than Pop? Clearly? Stop posting.

wildchild
03-11-2014, 03:49 PM
If we adopt the position "Pop never made a mistake", could be a hard line.

If we maintain the view that the criticism can come only from qualified guys, maybe only Larry Brown or Phil Jackson could say something about Pop -obviously this position very strongly limits any post on ST....-.

For some guys is better to praise than blame and think Pop shouldn't be criticized. Other guys think there is certainly room for criticism.
I don't fear to be dissenting in opinion. Criticism of Pop doesn't imply disrespect him or his career, because there's a huge difference between offering your opinion and becoming disrespectful.

IMHO, it's entirely possible that Pop -a future HOF and the best NBA coach of last decade- can make poor decisions. In fact, he has made bad decisions last games of the Finals.

Maybe I don't agree the Spurs can run the same system w/o any changes, when our stars (Tim, Tony,Manu) they just aren't as extremely dominant as they once were.
I thought Leonard would play more minutes than 28 mpg this regular season and the coaches would develop more his offense and allow him to take that next step, because the Spurs could need that in playoffs.
I'm also a bit worried about some defensive assignments against teams like Rockets and don't trust offensive lineup with Parker-Manu-Belli to close games.

But the Spurs have the best record in the league, so people legitimately say "doesn't care your f...... opinion we're the best team right now" and I still think that we could regret those mistakes in playoffs -again-.

I really hope I'm wrong and the Spurs win the ring, then up this with "you were f....wrong, Pop is God, we're the champions" and I swear that I'll be the happiest man in the world.

admiralsnackbar
03-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Represent, OP.

RD2191
03-11-2014, 04:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li_kx3Jz_Ks

UZER
03-11-2014, 04:20 PM
I never got this logic. You can't judge music because you're not a singer
You can't judge food because you're not a chef.

You can't discuss politics, Where's your degree?

You can't say Twilight sucks. Show me your novel brah

Exactly!

The problem on ST is people try to pigeon hole everyone into one extreme or the other:

If you criticize Pop, you are an idiot that knows nothing about bball and should have your fan card revoked.

If you don't criticize Pop, you are a blind homer fan that should have his bball knowledge card revoked.

Truth is, most people are somewhere in the middle, they appreciate Pop, recognize his coaching greatness, but know he has made some boneheaded stubborn decisions that have cost the team too

poop
03-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I see a lot of detractors posting in this forum about how horrible Coach Popovich is, what an epic collapse, what we should have done, etc. etc.

You guys are mere spectators. Monday morning quarterbacks and haters, pretending AFTER THE FACT to be experts. Don't be overwhelmed by your own insignificance. Nobody has ever paid you one thin dime for your basketball coaching skills, nor will they. You have never attempted a single NBA free throw, nor will you. I will place my bet that Coach Popovich has more basketball IQ in his sleep than you. So if it makes you deal with your own miniscule basketball insignificance in this universe and your own shortcomings and personal failures in life, well you go right ahead and delude yourselves into thinking that the universe revolves around you and you manhood is measured in meters. The real spirit in this forum is carried by us Spurs fans that appreciate what Tim, Tony, Manu, Coach Popovich, and the rest of our Homies accomplished in 2012-2013, which exceeded that of 28 other teams. There is no epic collapse, just the pursuit of the next championship.

GO SPURS GO!!!

Meltdown

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 06:36 PM

GO SPURS GO!!!

Best post of the new year IMHO.
I applaud your rationalization.

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Exactly!

The problem on ST is people try to pigeon hole everyone into one extreme or the other:

If you criticize Pop, you are an idiot that knows nothing about bball and should have your fan card revoked.

If you don't criticize Pop, you are a blind homer fan that should have his bball knowledge card revoked.

Truth is, most people are somewhere in the middle, they appreciate Pop, recognize his coaching greatness, but know he has made some boneheaded stubborn decisions that have cost the team too

Also very true, second best post of the new year IMHO, right after the OPs.

dallasmaverickslose
03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
:flag: