PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Scott Brooks: "Durant could score more if he wanted"

djohn2oo8
03-09-2014, 09:54 PM
"Let's face it: If he wanted to score a bunch of points or more than he's scoring now, he really could do that," Brooks said before the Thunder played the Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) on Sunday. "His assist level has gone up, he impacts the game. Defensively, he impacts the game. He can guard 1 through 5. So a lot of things that he does (are) all about the team."

"It's something that if you get, it's great, but it's not on Kevin's thoughts every day," Brooks said. "There's no question, basketball players, you love the opportunity to get the MVP. The thing I love about Kevin, he's about winning. He's about winning over individual awards. And he's been consistent. He's had MVP years like three years in a row now, and the thing I love about him, he comes back a little bit better. That's hard to do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10579673/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-scoring-even-more-says-coach-scott-brooks

CitizenDwayne
03-09-2014, 10:02 PM
"Let's face it: If he wanted to score a bunch of points or more than he's scoring now, he really could do that," Brooks said before the Thunder played the Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) on Sunday. "His assist level has gone up, he impacts the game. Defensively, he impacts the game. He can guard 1 through 5. So a lot of things that he does (are) all about the team."

"It's something that if you get, it's great, but it's not on Kevin's thoughts every day," Brooks said. "There's no question, basketball players, you love the opportunity to get the MVP. The thing I love about Kevin, he's about winning. He's about winning over individual awards. And he's been consistent. He's had MVP years like three years in a row now, and the thing I love about him, he comes back a little bit better. That's hard to do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10579673/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-scoring-even-more-says-coach-scott-brooks

:lmao

Clipper Nation
03-09-2014, 10:03 PM
That's really his solution? :cry "Durbeta, score more, pls!" :cry

Thread
03-09-2014, 10:08 PM
When you make sausage it's not a pretty sight. There was a lot of blood on the floor when Magic took Westhead & Nixon to the rocks, but, in my sweet sight of my hind it was the right decision. That's what Brooks has to do now. Make a bold decision, (call NY first and get clarence thru Stern 2), but granted that install Westbrook as the Number 1 and get on with it. You're not there to make friends. You're there to make the playoffs and then of course win the last game you play. Anything else involves a lot of Kiwi and brush.

- The Pap & his smear

irishock
03-09-2014, 10:11 PM
When you make sausage it's not a pretty sight. There was a lot of blood on the floor when Magic took Westhead & Nixon to the rocks, but, in my sweet sight of my hind it was the right decision. That's what Brooks has to do now. Make a bold decision, (call NY first and get clarence thru Stern 2), but granted that install Westbrook as the Number 1 and get on with it. You're not there to make friends. You're there to make the playoffs and then of course win the last game you play. Anything else involves a lot of Kiwi and brush.

- The Pap & his smear

Wasn't it Jerry Buss who took Westhead to the rocks?

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2014, 10:23 PM
trying his best to market his player as the mvp with all these qualities...

at the end of the day no beta male is winning mvp if he aint alpha

Thread
03-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Wasn't it Jerry Buss who took Westhead to the rocks?

No. It was Magic. He bought him a bike for Xmas and then waited in the bushes and stuck a big stick thru the front spokes when Westhead pedaled by.

ezau
03-09-2014, 11:10 PM
The fact that Durant could easily guard anyone from 1-3 without even trying is unbelievable. If he just had the mentality to take over his team.

Thread
03-09-2014, 11:26 PM
The fact that Durant could easily guard anyone from 1-3 without even trying is unbelievable. If he just had the mentality to take over his team.

A passing grade. After the other night anything is an improvement, angel puss.

LkrFan
03-10-2014, 02:54 AM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Gummi Clutch
03-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Brooks seems extremely inept.

Captivus
03-10-2014, 06:32 AM

:lol Someone has to tell him that he can see the game score without going to the scorers table...unless he is not checking that...so he must be checking something else...WAIT A MINUTE!!!

TDMVPDPOY
03-10-2014, 08:12 AM

guarding 1-3 as in just puttina body out there not putting any effort into it? thats not defense, even a clown can do that

he needs to commit on defense instead of saggin on defense or relying on team defense to hide whatever level defense his at

is he a 2-way player? dont know

Killakobe81
03-10-2014, 09:13 AM
:lol Someone has to tell him that he can see the game score without going to the scorers table...unless he is not checking that...so he must be checking something else...WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Lebron, durant, Wade Melo Kobeand CP3 are all stat obsessed. Just because LKebron, Wade and Durant focus on efficiency which most applaud Kobe and Melo on scoring and CP3 on assist totals makes no difference.

Jodelo
03-10-2014, 09:40 AM
"Guarding" :lmao
1 to 5 :lmao

Blake
03-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Durant can't score more if Westbrook won't give him the ball

Thread
03-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Brooks seems extremely inept.

He was ept till Bev threw a monkey in the wrench.

Mal
03-10-2014, 11:11 AM
And yet again, no one said that Westchuck is the problem.

lefty
03-10-2014, 11:47 AM
No. It was Magic. He bought him a bike for Xmas and then waited in the bushes and stuck a big stick thru the front spokes when Westhead pedaled by.
Truth bombs TBH

Bill_Brasky
03-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Anybody see the Thunder/Lakers game yesterday where Westchuck chucked the DUMBEST 3 I've ever seen at the end with plenty of time on the clock and airballed it? The fuck is this idiot coach doing during timeouts?

benefactor
03-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Anybody see the Thunder/Lakers game yesterday where Westchuck chucked the DUMBEST 3 I've ever seen at the end with plenty of time on the clock and airballed it? The fuck is this idiot coach doing during timeouts?
They won't reign him in...neither Brooks nor Durant has the sack to stand up to him.

whitemamba
03-10-2014, 12:44 PM

Lol yeah, I was surprised I didn't see a thread with a bunch of gifs from that shot.

poeticism707
03-10-2014, 06:18 PM
No, he really couldn't.

Not unless the league officials babysit him even more.

ezau
03-10-2014, 09:33 PM
guarding 1-3 as in just puttina body out there not putting any effort into it? thats not defense, even a clown can do that

he needs to commit on defense instead of saggin on defense or relying on team defense to hide whatever level defense his at

is he a 2-way player? dont know

You're probably not watching KD this year. He has become a superb two-way player and if he really wants to, he has the tools to impact the game on both ends of the floor.

kobe4life
03-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I can't shake how I feel about Durant after he decided to call himself The Servant. The Servant is a house nigga type of nickname which implies that he is submissive bitch. He is definitely not a leader and it shows with Westbrook taking away his shots in in crunch time. If God was on the Thunder they would easily be number 1 and Westbrook would know his role as a sidekick.

Rogue
03-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Westchuck has the right mindset to be a leader but we can never expect him to lead a team to glories. Frog mutant has too big an ego to be anyone's sidekick while Durant can be a perfect #2 of a champion team.

Kool Bob Love
04-06-2014, 10:59 PM