PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger doing very well in clippers

jkid12456
03-10-2014, 10:34 PM
look at his box score last few games, he's plain really well.

2bad spurs didn't pick him

dallasmaverickslose
03-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Great thread. :tu

Mikeanaro
03-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Who cares, he had decent numbers nothing espectacular

RD2191
03-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Well its not like they didn't try.

Hoops Czar
03-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Who cares, he had decent numbers nothing espectacular
What makes this post laughable is if he was putting up the same numbers in a Spurs uniform, everybody would be going ape shit.

td4mvp2k
03-10-2014, 10:42 PM
What makes this post laughable is if he was putting up the same numbers in a Spurs uniform, everybody would be going ape shit.

heyheymymy
03-10-2014, 10:43 PM
still pretty salty bout this tbh

Hoops Czar
Well its not like they didn't try.;
If doing the bare minimum is trying.... they sure did.

heyheymymy
he should've picked the spurs.

The ADMIRAL 50
03-10-2014, 10:45 PM
0 and 1
10 and 2
7 and 1
8 and 1
for those wondering what OP meant by "very well."

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Getting minutes when the clippers were up almost 50 lol

Hoops Czar
03-10-2014, 10:48 PM
0 and 1
10 and 2
7 and 1
8 and 1

Wait until Ayres returns. Then, you'll get it.

weebo
03-10-2014, 10:49 PM
The Spurs seem to be doing very well without him. So, why care if he is doing well or not? He's just another bench scrub on some other team...get over it.

MeloHype
03-10-2014, 10:50 PM
He's not with San Antonio, so who gives a shit?

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
03-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Even with him on the Clippers, they still aren't good enough to beat us in a series tbh
So it really doesn't even matter.

Mikeanaro
03-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Exactly, I dont remeber anybody saying how good Patty was when he did like 8min/7 points last season.

Josh810
03-10-2014, 11:00 PM
0 and 1
10 and 2
7 and 1
8 and 1
Still trying to figure out "plain very well" tbh

Robz4000
03-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Who the fuck cares? We have Austin "All" Daye, the new and improved centerpiece!

dallasmaverickslose
03-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Who the fuck cares? We have Austin "All" Daye, the new and improved centerpiece!

That kid is freakishly skinny.

Chinook
03-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Hope he plays a lot and plays well. Get that third seed, LAC!

Now that my obligatory rooting for that second-rounder is out of the way, I'll say I don't care what Granger does. Hoop, if he were a Spur, I'd say it's progress. I say that about him as a Clipper as well. In a world in which the Spurs needed a fourth wing, I'd've cared what Granger does. But the team has to live or die with Beli now.

Baam
03-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Pop went out of his way to say he wasn't excited about anyone on the market, he prefers Beli no D over Granger somehow... But then if there's a defensive problem when we play small he's gonna say it's on the players...

Hoops Czar
03-11-2014, 12:03 AM

Now that my obligatory rooting for that second-rounder is out of the way, I'll say I don't care what Granger does. Hoop, if he were a Spur, I'd say it's progress. I say that about him as a Clipper as well. In a world in which the Spurs needed a fourth wing, I'd've cared what Granger does. But the team has to live or die with Beli now.

I hope it's the former and not the latter. Beli plays SF about as well as he plays PG which is to say, not very well at all. I would prefer the Spurs to have the #1 seed because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell they'll beat both the Rockets and Thunder in the postseason. I also don't see Houston faltering to the Clippers.

JR3
03-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Guys...they are very injured...redick, Crawford, Dudley, all out. Of course granger will get playing time and score some...who cares...

TD 21
03-11-2014, 12:20 AM

They might not need a fourth wing, but they need a fifth and they need a third forward for spot minutes against the Rockets and Heat. In the absence of that, as witnessed in the Heat game, when Leonard get's into foul trouble, their only option is to run Diaw into the ground. Before the benches emptied, he was on pace for 39 minutes, 21-22 of which came in the second half. Fine for a one off, but not over the course of a series.

ElNono
03-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Good luck to him. I don't think he addresses the main problem the Clippers have had in the past few seasons, so I'm not sure it really matters.

Sean Cagney
03-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Well its not like they didn't try.

T Park
03-11-2014, 01:35 AM
What were the spurs supposed to do, force him at gunpoint?

The ADMIRAL 50
03-11-2014, 01:59 AM
I'd laugh if that weren't so sad and real

Still trying to figure out "plain very well" tbh
Haha okay that's a nice harmless chuckle thank goodness

Ice009
03-11-2014, 02:06 AM
What exactly is the point of this thread?

He didn't come here. Move on. If you want him that badly, then follow him to the Clippers. He's not on the team, I don't give a shit about him.

AFBlue
03-11-2014, 06:52 AM
Pretty sure this is a troll job tbqh imo fwiw.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-11-2014, 10:31 AM

Great thread. It's "plane".

Mel_13
03-11-2014, 11:48 AM
:rollin

so predictable..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229452&page=43&p=7161861&viewfull=1#post7161861

DPG21920
03-11-2014, 12:08 PM
What were the spurs supposed to do, force him at gunpoint?

To answer your question the Spurs should have managed their off season better. They had the ability to fix a self admitted hole & instead left it to chance on the buyout market and that gamble did not pay off

Cry Havoc
03-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Wake me when he does something notable.

Beli puts up 30 to lead the Spurs over the Warriors when we don't have any of our best players running and he gets lambasted for being bad on D.

Granger puts up only decent stats in GARBAGE time for a team that's as injured as we were and fans here fawn over him like he's a 2nd Kawhi Leonard.

This fanbase is f*ing bizarre. Do you realize how many teams would be on Beli if we cut him like the sixers tossed Granger?

deibero
03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Good luck to him. I don't think he addresses the main problem the Clippers have had in the past few seasons, so I'm not sure it really matters.

what you think is the clippers main problem? i see them as a complete team right now, with the exception of a center who can heat fts down the stretch

Horse
03-11-2014, 12:50 PM
He cares more about being famous or popular than winning a championship so fuck him!

Cry Havoc
03-11-2014, 12:52 PM
what you think is the clippers main problem? i see them as a complete team right now, with the exception of a center who can heat fts down the stretch

Lack of defensive cohesion. Lack of guys who can light it up from range on a consistent basis. Lob city doesn't work against playoff caliber defenses. Chris Paul gets neutralized by schemes designed to limit his offensive distribution. As a Spurs fan no one on that team scares me. Let Blake get his 25 a game, shut Paul down, and watch the team's chemistry float out the window.

They're definitely a problem for other teams though. They match up well with OKC as Ibaka can't guard Griffin and Jordan really isn't the type of player that Ibaka limits. I would love to see an OKC - Clippers round 2 although I think Houston would be a tough out for them as well.

crc21209
03-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Wake me when he does something notable.

Beli puts up 30 to lead the Spurs over the Warriors when we don't have any of our best players running and he gets lambasted for being bad on D.

Granger puts up only decent stats in GARBAGE time for a team that's as injured as we were and fans here fawn over him like he's a 2nd Kawhi Leonard.

This fanbase is f*ing bizarre. Do you realize how many teams would be on Beli if we cut him like the sixers tossed Granger?

This. Best post in this thread. /thread

Spur|n|Austin
03-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Great thread. It's "plane".

Title is also incorrect, should be un.

timtonymanu
03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
:lol one game, tbh

ElNono
03-11-2014, 02:00 PM

The lack of play creator outside of CP3. You shut him off, and you shut them down. It's what happened to them against the Spurs a couple seasons ago, against Memphis, etc. Jamal Crawford is a nice guy, but he's an ISO guy, and you can ask Mavfan what they think about Darren Collison.

weeks
03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
good for him, i don't have any sour grapes.
i think he has less of a chance to ring with the clippers than the spurs though.
it was his decision to make on what was important to him, and i can't blame him for choosing his hometown of LA with all that comes with playing for a big media team like the clips.

i could be biased because i'm a spurfan. but i think anyone would agree his chances of ringing or seeing miami in the playoffs were better here.

BacktoBasics
03-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Who cares, he had decent numbers nothing espectacularJust as long as you can use his post to be an unprovoked asshole right.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Just as long as you can use his post to be an unprovoked asshole right.

Agreed. If the first few "blacknsf" chime in, liking a thread, then all the teenager, sheeple dummies chime in, in like minded fashion. And vice versa.

Pathetic.

Clipper Nation
03-11-2014, 03:41 PM
The lack of play creator outside of CP3. You shut him off, and you shut them down.

I guess you missed the plays that Blake was making during the stretch when CP3 was out?

One of our real biggest issues for years has been at the wings.... Chauncey and Caron especially gave us absolutely nothing last year against Memphis, tbh.... Granger and a newly-rejuvenated Barnes could solve it, tbh....

ElNono
03-11-2014, 04:18 PM
I guess you missed the plays that Blake was making during the stretch when CP3 was out?

One of our real biggest issues for years has been at the wings.... Chauncey and Caron especially gave us absolutely nothing last year against Memphis, tbh.... Granger and a newly-rejuvenated Barnes could solve it, tbh....

Not missing anything. Blake has made tremendous strides, but worst case you can keep him at 30-40pts. The rest of the team, with the exception of Crawford, are going to need CP3 to create for them, or they're going to be chucking 3s non-stop. DJ is borderline unplayable without CP3. IIRC, we're like 3-0 against you guys this season? It's the same thing every time: Green on CP3 on the 4th quarter, and win. Frankly, I thought Doc would do a much better job getting the defense ready, but he hasn't. It is what it is.

rjv
03-11-2014, 04:22 PM

and ayres is going to play about as much as granger would have in the playoffs (and probably will with the clippers as well)

texbound
03-11-2014, 04:36 PM

Which is it...is he plain or is he doing well?

Hoops Czar
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
and ayres is going to play about as much as granger would have in the playoffs (and probably will with the clippers as well)

I would take relative productivity over 4 on 5 basketball any day of the week. And if you think Ayres isn't going to see playoff minutes, then, you clearly underestimate Pop and Boylen. They won't run Splitter, Duncan and particularly Diaw into the ground so they can be void of Ayres in the postseason.

cd021
03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
4 Games

7ppg

15 mpg

44% FG

He is certainly a candidate for 6th man, at this point.

cd021
03-11-2014, 05:08 PM
I would take relative productivity over 4 on 5 basketball any day of the week. And if you think Ayres isn't going to see playoff minutes, then, you clearly underestimate Pop and Boylen. They won't run Splitter, Duncan and particularly Diaw into the ground so they can be void of Ayres in the postseason.

Spurs already seem to be fazing out Ayers. (He only averaged 12.5 mpg last month and has played in only 1 of the 5 games this month)

Duncan-33-35 mpg

Splitter-20-25 mpg

Diaw-30 mpg

Leonard-up to 10 MPG (depending on the series)

cd021
03-11-2014, 05:15 PM

Even with Granger (and Barnes) at best your wing rotation is mediocre. Not to mention there is little depth behind Griffin and Jordan besides Big baby. There is still a question as whether the Clippers can win with Jordan logging time in the clutch in the playoffs. He is a horrid free throw shooter and is a pretty easy cover in the half court.

He's score just 18 points in more than 100 minutes against the Spurs. I'd love to see the Spurs play the Clips.

Hoops Czar
03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Spurs already seem to be fazing out Ayers. (He only averaged 12.5 mpg last month and has played in only 1 of the 5 games this month)

Duncan-33-35 mpg

Splitter-20-25 mpg

Diaw-30 mpg

Leonard-up to 10 MPG (depending on the series)

The bolded is an absurd amount of minutes in the regular season for a soon to be 38 year old. I don't know if Ayers is being phased out or if he was hampered by injury. What I do know is I'd take thew corpse of Granger over Ayres 10 times out of 10 times. Personally, I preferred Butler.

cd021
03-11-2014, 09:14 PM
The bolded is an absurd amount of minutes in the regular season for a soon to be 38 year old. I don't know if Ayers is being phased out or if he was hampered by injury. What I do know is I'd take thew corpse of Granger over Ayres 10 times out of 10 times. Personally, I preferred Butler.

I meant the postseason. That was what your were talking about in your original post. I know Duncan is averaging about 29 mpg in the regular season.

DesignatedT
03-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Barring injuries I see no holes in the Spurs roster. Sure I would have rather signed somebody other than Ayres but acting like the Spurs could have went out and signed some substantial player who would all of a sudden be willing to take a McGrady role off the bench once the gams started to matter is a ridiculous line of thinking. Last thing I would want right now is some average meh player getting minutes over the young guys we do have or some guy causing problems in the lockeroom because he isn't getting minutes.

The spurs told Granger that he would get a shot to play but he wasn't getting a guaranteed minutes throughout the playoffs. He decided to go someplace who would promise him minutes. I'm thankful we didn't promise him minutes over the likes of Kawhi, Green, Marco etc because that's what it would have taken for him to listen.

Kawhi is just coming into his own this season and he needs to play 35-40mpg in the playoffs. There's no hole behind him.

Mel_13
03-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Could have used him in garbage time tonight..

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Well, I would have liked Granger as an option at PF against small ball teams, backup to Kawhi.

But it was very evident that he won't be able to guard Kawhi, Batum, Durant, Parsons, Iggie/Barnes (GSW), etc. come playoff time. Reason Indy traded him wasn't because of his lack of offense, but he defense has been pretty bad this year.

And going to a conference that almost every playoff teams has a very good SF that can figuratively run circles around Granger at this point, really isn't going to bode well for the Clips if they play him meaningful minutes in the playoffs against opposing teams starters. Just look at last night, Parsons and Durant has the most minutes (+42) for each of their teams. Just a preview of how the playoffs are going to be.

rjv
03-12-2014, 10:42 AM
with a shortened rotation in the PO's ayers will not see much time at all and granger would have been on the bench. he would have simply been insurance policy. a rental for the season that would have been a distant memory next year.

superbigtime
03-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Austin Daye seems just fine.

jag
03-12-2014, 06:32 PM
He cares more about being famous or popular than winning a championship so fuck him!

Solid take right here. Top notch stuff

Budkin
03-13-2014, 02:29 AM
18 pts in 24 minutes tonight. Not bad at all

Cry Havoc
03-13-2014, 02:34 AM
http://fansided.com/2014/03/10/nba-rumors-pacers-traded-danny-granger-slacked/

I'm not sayin'/but I'm sayin'

exstatic
03-13-2014, 07:28 AM
http://fansided.com/2014/03/10/nba-rumors-pacers-traded-danny-granger-slacked/

I'm not sayin'/but I'm sayin'

That actually leaked out right after the trade. Tendonosis is insidious, and I can see them questioning his value to the team if he's slacking on his rehab. Tim worked his ASS off, and still was mobility compromised that season he had it.

TheGoldStandard
03-13-2014, 11:08 AM
It's really not that hard to get 18 in 24 against Golden State.

SpurPadre
03-13-2014, 11:33 AM
It's really not that hard to get 18 in 24 against Golden State.

To be fair, the Dubs' defensive rating is actually pretty damn good and they are a vastly better defense than last year.

Malik Hairston
05-16-2014, 12:10 AM
:lmao arguably the worst player in the entire playoffs :lmao

Chinook
05-16-2014, 12:18 AM
:lmao arguably the worst player in the entire playoffs :lmao

When Pop said Granger was going to play the Horry role in the playoffs, I didn't think he was talking about current Horry.