PDA

View Full Version : If a Democrat wins the Presidential race in 2016 we are screwed.

dallasmaverickslose
03-10-2014, 11:24 PM
That is all.

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Well then let's hope the republicans stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Nbadan
03-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I'm not seeing it in either case...

Jacob1983
03-11-2014, 12:33 AM
I just want someone to give a shit and get obamacare repealed.

Nbadan
03-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Obamacare is far from perfect...I mean it was drafted by the health care industry, but destroy the country? It's already paid for...

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2014, 02:18 AM
I want obamacare to fail because maybe just maybe we'll get something that isn't shit to replace it

Winehole23
03-11-2014, 02:31 AM
I just want someone to give a shit and get obamacare repealed.Ted Cruz is your man.

Jacob1983
03-11-2014, 02:49 AM
I was being serious. I want someone to get Obamacare repealed. Not talking about some bubba saying "we gotta repeal Obamacare" and then do nothing about it. I want someone to step up and get it done.

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2014, 03:26 AM
You do realize you'd need more than a president for that?

Jacob1983
03-11-2014, 03:48 AM
Yes and I want it to happen. Make it so.

boutons_deux
03-11-2014, 05:07 AM
I was being serious. I want someone to get Obamacare repealed. Not talking about some bubba saying "we gotta repeal Obamacare" and then do nothing about it. I want someone to step up and get it done.

The Repugs couldn't stop it, it's a losing election topic for them since most Americans want it fixed, improved, not repealed, ACA is here to stay, will get better, since no Repug will win the WH in 2016, and the Dem president[s veto of any Congressional repeal vote will not be overridden.

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2014, 05:07 AM
Is there a particular reason you hate it so much that you feel it demise is a necessity?

DarrinS
03-11-2014, 07:58 AM
I just want someone to give a shit and get obamacare repealed.

I have a feeling it will die of natural causes.

rascal
03-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Is there a particular reason you hate it so much that you feel it demise is a necessity?

Because he is told to hate it.

Spurminator
03-11-2014, 09:46 AM
The only way Obamacare goes away is with a public option.

RandomGuy
03-11-2014, 12:39 PM

Sure, I'll buy into that, if you can give me a fix for our healthcare system.

RandomGuy
03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Because he is told to hate it.

That pretty much sums up most of the opposition, IMO. Most people who are rather vociferous about their opposition get real quiet when you ask them for specific things they don't like about it, or what should replace it.

I find such criticism very hollow.

RandomGuy
03-11-2014, 12:49 PM
That is all.

Texas + California + New York =

28 + 55 + 29 = 112 electoral college votes

270/112 = 41% of all the votes you need to elect the president reside in these three states.

When the latino demographic wave overtakes Texas and flips it, there will be very little chance for Republicans to win the presidency.

The Republican political machine in Texas sees this very clearly, and has done everything in their power to stunt minority voting, i.e. voter I.D. and shameless jerrymandering of districts.

Personally I find people like you who give in to the mindless 24/7 anti-liberal propaganda of Fox "news" as sadly symptomatic of a large part of the electorate who can't think for themselves.

Nbadan
03-11-2014, 08:42 PM
270/112 = 41%

Well.....nevermind.

TSA
03-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Texas + California + New York =

28 + 55 + 29 = 112 electoral college votes

270/112 = 41% of all the votes you need to elect the president reside in these three states.

When the latino demographic wave overtakes Texas and flips it, there will be very little chance for Republicans to win the presidency.

The Republican political machine in Texas sees this very clearly, and has done everything in their power to stunt minority voting, i.e. voter I.D. and shameless jerrymandering of districts.

Personally I find people like you who give in to the mindless 24/7 anti-liberal propaganda of Fox "news" as sadly symptomatic of a large part of the electorate who can't think for themselves.
And why do you think an overwhelming majority of Latinos vote Democrat?

Wild Cobra
03-11-2014, 09:51 PM
If a Democrat wins the Presidential race in 2016 we are screwed.

That is all.
We are screwed is almost any career politician is elected. Left or right.

pgardn
03-11-2014, 10:33 PM

Immigration reform... Now anyway.

RandomGuy
03-11-2014, 11:13 PM

Southern. Strategy.

TSA
03-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Immigration reform... Now anyway.

And what about the overwhelming African American vote?

Jacob1983
03-12-2014, 01:37 AM
I have no idea how to fix health care in America but Obamacare is a disaster. I would have gone with a public option but that's just me. It doesn't really matter if it's a Republican or a Democrat. Either one will probably fuck up America more. Obama and Bush have destroyed America and anal raped Americans when it comes civil liberties and privacy.

TSA
03-12-2014, 10:06 PM

Crickets???

I applaud the Democratic Party for finding a winning strategy, I'd vote the same way if I were given free shit.

boutons_deux
03-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Crickets???

I applaud the Democratic Party for finding a winning strategy, I'd vote the same way if I were given free shit.

The Repugs give the corps and 1% many $Ts in free shit

Nbadan
03-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Crickets???

:lol at such narrow minded thinking...

TSA post is exactly why the GOP is losing every demographic nationally except the rich-man vote..

RG is just regurgitating what I already posted in another thread....when TX turns blue...it's game over for GOP Presidents..

boutons_deux
03-13-2014, 06:00 AM

what about it?

boutons_deux
03-13-2014, 06:08 AM
I have no idea how to fix health care in America but Obamacare is a disaster. I would have gone with a public option but that's just me. It doesn't really matter if it's a Republican or a Democrat. Either one will probably fuck up America more. Obama and Bush have destroyed America and anal raped Americans when it comes civil liberties and privacy.

House Repugs have some ideas, to be proposed next week

A Major Victory for Obama: House Republicans Introduce 3 Bills That Improve Obamacare

House Republican leaders are planning to bring up three changes to Obamacare next week — but unlike dozens of prior bills, these are more minor measures that are not expected to be controversial. All three bills essentially fix drafting errors, perceived oversights or unintended consequences in the president’s Affordable Care Act. They have bipartisan support and are scheduled to be considered under a suspension of the rules, which limits debate and requires support from two-thirds of House members — a signal that leaders of both parties do not expect any heated debate.

They hold some political significance, however, because they allow Republicans to push back against the Democrats’ talking point that the GOP is only interested in holding votes to pick at Obamacare’s flaws. They also represent the reality that Obamacare is now fully implemented — and not fixing errors could be more damaging to opponents than being perceived as trying to make Obamacare work better.

What makes this news all the juicier is that Boehner and company introduced these bills last Friday while conservatives were distracted by CPAC. The right wingers were screaming about repeal from across the river the Republican leadership was submitting legislation that improves the law. On at least fifty previous occasions, Republicans tried to pass off attempts to repeal the law as improvements. In this case, Republicans are actually doing their jobs.

The answer to why the House Republicans are trying to improve the ACA can be found the polling. The popularity of repeal has sunk to a record low. The vast majority of Americans say that they want to keep and improve the law.

The biggest problem for Republicans is that their just say no to Obamacare position was destined to erode away. The name Obamacare isn’t popular, but much of what the law contains is. As the ACA is fully implemented, more people are seeing the benefits, the repeal position is becoming unsustainable. House Republicans have finally caught on that should they continue to say no, they will be rejecting some very popular elements of the law.

This move by the House leadership is evidence that repeal movement is all, but, dead. Repeal Obamacare has joined Roe v Wade as nothing more than a conservative campaign slogan that will be used in future elections to encourage the Republican faithful to get out and vote.

Speaker Boehner and the House Republican leadership have a loyal group of a few dozen Republicans, who combined Nancy Pelosi’s Democrats, make up a big enough coalition to pass these bills. Republicans will hypocritically continue to rant and rave publicly about how Obamacare must die while trying to slip legislation under the radar that fixes some of the unintended consequences caused by the law.

House Republican leaders are quietly surrendering on the ACA. There will be plenty more wasteful show votes to repeal Obamacare, but that’s just a bit of theater for the folks back home. Boehner, Cantor, and the gang are throwing up the white flag.

In order for Republicans to take credit for fixing the law, they are doing something that many thought they would never do. They are acknowledging the legitimacy of the ACA.

It’s all but over. These small pieces of legislation mark a major shift, and a big win for President Obama.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/11/major-victory-obama-house-repubicans-introduce-3-bills-improve-obamacare.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politi cus+USA+%29

Republicans’ Worst Nightmare Comes True: Support For Repealing Obamacare Hits All Time Low

A new Kaiser Family Foundation health tracking poll dealt a blow to Republicans by finding that support for repealing the ACA has hit an all time of low of 31%.

There is bad news all over the place for Republicans in the poll, “When it comes to next steps on the law, a majority say it should be kept in place, including 48 percent who want Congress to work to improve it and 8 percent who say it should be kept as is. Fewer say Congress should repeal the law and replace it with a Republican-sponsored alternative (12 percent) or repeal it and not replace it (19 percent).”

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/26/republicans-worst-nightmare-true-support-repealing-obamacare-hits-time.html

:lol :lol

Repugs ARE FUCKING WRONG on everything that's FOR THE 99% :lol

boutons_deux
03-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Repugs are lying that it was Obamacare that defeated Alex Sink in special FL election. Alex lost because it was a HEAVILY Repug district, Sink never had a chance. :lol

L I A R S !

RandomGuy
03-13-2014, 08:02 AM

Southern. Strategy.

The legacy of that will haunt the GOP for quite some time.

boutons_deux
03-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Southern. Strategy.

The legacy of that will haunt the GOP for quite some time.

Actually, the white, racist, "Christian", guns Southern Strategy is a 3-card-monte that has worked, is working very well, as the Southern Strategy (which includes equivalent but not Confederate red states) tail wags the national political dog.