PDA

View Full Version : Will you still post on this board when the wheels fall off?

TE
03-11-2014, 04:07 PM
I've been here since 2010 (semi-dark days) and I remember the activity was higher. I guess posters just don't post anymore. Anyway, will you still post on this board during the down years? Given how low activity is right now, it's safe to assume this board will go extinct.

RD2191
03-11-2014, 04:12 PM
All I've known as a Spurs fan is pain and losing, never experienced a Spurs title run. So yes, Ill be here.

TE
03-11-2014, 04:17 PM
All I've known as a Spurs fan is pain and losing, never experienced a Spurs title run. So yes, Ill be here.

I experienced all the title runs, they're part of my childhood :cry. I was at the Riverwalk celebration in 99 and 07.

:lol :lol

You go to other boards and fans of other teams (shitty teams and contending teams alike) go crazy at the thought of a playoff appearance. Can't imagine how shit will be when we're in their shoes.

hooperflash
03-11-2014, 04:20 PM
I will, I love basketball.

RD2191
03-11-2014, 04:27 PM
I experienced all the title runs, they're part of my childhood :cry. I was at the Riverwalk celebration in 99 and 07.

:lol :lol

You go to other boards and fans of other teams (shitty teams and contending teams alike) go crazy at the thought of a playoff appearance. Can't imagine how shit will be when we're in their shoes.
I cliff dive with 1 bad loss, can't imagine how I'm gonna do it when we're a lottery team.:lol

TE
03-11-2014, 04:29 PM
I will, I love basketball.
That's wassup :tu

I cliff dive with 1 bad loss, can't imagine how I'm gonna do it when we're a lottery team.:lol
:lol same here...I find it weird how other boards have considerably more activity than this one. You'd think we'd have more active posters...idk

Spur|n|Austin
03-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Been here since 2009 and don't plan on going anywhere, even when the wheels fall off - I'm a Spurs fan until death.

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2014, 04:33 PM
I rarely post upstairs now. Will be sadly refreshing without the grays tbqh

MVPCues
03-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Been a Spurs fan since the beginning of the Admiral. I might post more when the wheels fall off...which doesn't mean much given my post count and I'm a relative noob on here.

poop
03-11-2014, 04:37 PM
LOL at 2010 being the dark days..

RD2191
03-11-2014, 04:39 PM
That's wassup :tu

:lol same here...I find it weird how other boards have considerably more activity than this one. You'd think we'd have more active posters...idk
I'm guessing a lot of them may have been bandwagon fans. I'm sure we would see a lot of them back next season if the Spurs ring in June.

TE
03-11-2014, 04:39 PM

I'm thinking the darker days where in 2008 and 2009. 2010 (The Skunker) was bad, too.

Juggity
03-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Spurstalk is actually really active relative to almost all other team forums except for Lakersground and Clutchfans (and of course RealGM and r/NBA, but those are huge sites).

Libri
03-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Became a fan when Spurs had no wheels. :hat

wildcardX
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't post much right now but I'm on this board every couple days. I don't know many Spurs fans where I live so I will probably still be here even after Duncan/Pop/Manu retire. I'm interested to see how this organization rebuilds. In all my years of being a fan, I think the only time I recall the Spurs not being a playoff team was the time between Gervin retiring and Robinson's rookie season which I think was only 3-4 years. When Alvin Robertson was on the team.

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Absolutely, been through worse with this team.

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 05:26 PM
No.

look_at_g_shred
03-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Yup

poeticism707
03-11-2014, 05:34 PM

This. Have a look at the Lakers record, or the perpetual loser teams, who it would be like a championship if they even made the playoffs once in 10 years, and you will see dark.

SpurPadre
03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
I rarely post upstairs now. Will be sadly refreshing without the grays tbqh

This "You're inferior because you're grey or GNSF" thing is childish and retarded, tbqh.

jkid12456
03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
as long as patty mills is there, ill stay

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2014, 05:50 PM
This "You're inferior because you're grey or GNSF" thing is childish and retarded, tbqh.

Yet proven true time and time again.

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Yet proven true time and time again.

Only in your fantasy world.
Just telling it like it is.

spurraider21
03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
i'm a raider fan. i'm no stranger to dealing with shit stained seasons :lol. i'm not going anywhere

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Only in your fantasy world.
Just telling it like it is.

Only in your fantasy world
Just yelling or like it is

EVAY
03-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Sort of depends on the quality of the board, tbh.

I moved here in 1993 and have been a fan ever since. I remember having season tickets at the Alamodome when Robinson's foot got broken and Pop fired Bob Hill and took over the coaching duties himself. Kept tickets through 2009 before deciding it was more trouble than it was worth to go to the games. Easier to watch on tv, and a lot less expensive.

I didn't know that this place existed until a few years ago.

I will stay a fan because I am a fan of basketball. (I even enjoyed going to the games during the tank year when Dominique Wilkins was the only reason to go to a game - but he was great to watch.

I don't know if I will stay active on this forum or not. I already spend more time on ptr because I find them a little less critical and less offensive to people who disagree with them than is the case here.

If the Spurs go to the Finals again, there will be thousands and thousands of people on here every game night.

crc21209
03-11-2014, 06:06 PM
If I survived and lived through the 90's years when the Spurs have Big Dave and a bunch of scrubs, I think I can survive the post-Duncan era.

timtonymanu
03-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Tbh, I probably will be on the forum much less. I'm almost done with college so I'll be busy around the time I predict the wheels fall off. I still will root for the Spurs though

Agree with trainwreck that this will eliminate some of the shitty Spurs fans up here.

crc21209
03-11-2014, 06:07 PM
If I survived and lived through the 90's years when the Spurs have Big Dave and a bunch of scrubs, I think I can survive the post-Duncan era. I'll continue to post but probably not as much as I do now.

jon123spurs
03-11-2014, 06:08 PM
You bet you ass ill be here. SpursNation til the day i die!!

crc21209
03-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Why are we bringing up future years anyways? :lol Lets enjoy this shit while it's still good tbh....

hater
03-11-2014, 06:09 PM
wheels have ALREADY FALLEN OFF on June 2014

TE
03-11-2014, 06:10 PM
If the Spurs go to the Finals again, there will be thousands and thousands of people on here every game night.

Well sort of. I remember timvp making the forum inaccessible to the public to prevent server crashes. It still didn't change much for me though.

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Well sort of. I remember timvp making the forum inaccessible to the public to prevent server crashes. It still didn't change much for me though.

Lord knows how many people have tried to register and assure waiting for approval.

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Why not?
Only the band wagoners will leave, and that is a good thing.

bigdog
03-11-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but I still lurk every day, and post when I feel there is a good topic to talk about. I've seen all 4 championships, seen some rosters that were hilarious when it came to the end of the bench (and behind the bench, suit guys), and seen this team stacked (last and this year). Surely, if I can stay a Cowboys fan all these years (I know, I know), I'll stay a Spurs fan, and always be around the forum in some capacity.

Maddog
03-11-2014, 06:25 PM
http://replygif.net/i/218.gif
Why are we bringing up future years anyways? :lol Lets enjoy this shit while it's still good tbh....

Spurs-Fan
03-11-2014, 06:26 PM
I've been here since 2010 (semi-dark days) and I remember the activity was higher. I guess posters just don't post anymore. Anyway, will you still post on this board during the down years? Given how low activity is right now, it's safe to assume this board will go extinct.

I think since timvp stopped posting, the activity on this board got lower.
I know this is a frequently asked question, but why did timvp suddenly stopped posting on here? Will he ever return again?

spurraider21
03-11-2014, 06:28 PM
wheels have ALREADY FALLEN OFF on June 2014
you do realized June 2014 is in the future right?

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 06:28 PM
I think since timvp stopped posting, the activity on this board got lower.
I know this is a frequently asked question, but why did timvp suddenly stopped posting on here? Will he ever return again?

I think he and Kori had a falling out IMHO.

heyheymymy
03-11-2014, 06:29 PM
I lurked since 2006 and tried to join here in 2009, but they never approved my acct until a year or 2 back when they did open enrollment. I've always loved the spurs since playing nba jam with them in the mid 90's. moved to san antonio in 2005 right after they won, have maybe missed 12 games since the 2006 season. 2007 was amazing, I was unemployed and watched every game like a bum smoking dank and drinking beers and rode the wave all they way to the parade on the riverwalk june 2007. what a rush and what a journey, would love one more time to feel that vibe.

The real question is WILL the wheels fall completely off? Can the changing of the guard, not replace, but smooth into a transition where we are still somewhat contending with leonard and what other diamonds in the rough we can uncover? How bad will the drop off be?

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I lurked since 2006 and tried to join here in 2009, but they never approved my acct until a year or 2 back when they did open enrollment. I've always loved the spurs since playing nba jam with them in the mid 90's. moved to san antonio in 2005 right after they won, have maybe missed 12 games since the 2006 season. 2007 was amazing, I was unemployed and watched every game like a bum smoking dank and drinking beers and rode the wave all they way to the parade on the riverwalk june 2007. what a rush and what a journey, would love one more time to feel that vibe.

The real question is WILL the wheels fall completely off? Can the changing of the guard, not replace, but smooth into a transition where we are still somewhat contending with leonard and what other diamonds in the rough we can uncover? How bad will the drop off be?

We can only guess at this point, but I think it will be smooth transition with only a couple of really bad losing seasons until then get another great number one pick or two.

Spurs-Fan
03-11-2014, 06:36 PM
I think he and Kori had a falling out IMHO.

:(

barakz21
03-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Been a fan during the good times(all title runs except '99) and bad times(all the failures), and I'm proud to say I will still be a fan. EVEN WHEN THE WHEELS FALL OFF.

z0sa
03-11-2014, 06:44 PM
SF4L.

exstatic
03-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Why not?
Only the band wagoners will leave, and that is a good thing.

Exactly. The whiner's heads will simultaniously explode when they REALLY have something to bitch about, leaving the board in a pristine state.

Maddog
03-11-2014, 06:49 PM
I Survived this

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mQTOZzrLoMDAvuBPdmdgZ6Q.jpg

SpurPadre
03-11-2014, 06:54 PM
You bet you ass ill be here. SpursNation til the day i die!!

Same here and this is coming from a guy who's never stepped foot in Texas. Californian for life and yet permanent Spurs fan since Da Admiral donned Spurs gear...never looking back. I was drawn in by the class, professionalism and determination despite haters just hating because they're small market, don't street ball, and don't talk shit. Classiest organization in sports everyone should look up to, tbh.

dallasmaverickslose
03-11-2014, 06:57 PM
I will be hopping onto the Heat bandwagon once this team implodes. Adios suckas.

:rolleyes

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Exactly. The whiner's heads will simultaniously explode when they REALLY have something to bitch about, leaving the board in a pristine state.

You see, we actually do agree on some things.

SinceWeDraftedDROB
03-11-2014, 07:21 PM
I've been a Spurs fan since what seems to me like back in the day. I was a David Robinson fan. Guy owned in college. So the Spurs drafted Mr. Robinson. The Spurs? Huh? Wha? And we got so close so many times. Fucking Rod Strickland. But not until the Spurs draft Tim Duncan, who? wha?, does The Admiral reach the pinnacle of his profession. It's amazing that it took that much and that the hero from Wake Forest was the embodiment of everything I loved about DRob. It's been a great ride. One of the best, if not the best, rides in professional sports in the last 20 years. I'm literally in tears right now. I love this team. I have friends who love KG and lament the now gone "celtics basketball". I wonder if I'll even like the NBA when Dunc, Obiwan, and Parker are gone. I know we are extremely lucky to be witness to the level of greatness that is Spurs basketball. The other night I woke up and my radio was on and they were sprayin about Lebron's 62 (pfft DRob 71)or whatever it was and all I could see was 28 seconds. It eats at me every single day. 28 fuckin seconds. One rebound. One freethrow. Just make a play and you've got one for the thumb, 5-0, beat the kang twice, fuck. 28 seconds. And here we are best record in the association. Injured all season and here we are, coming down the home stretch, in the lead. I hope the bball gods can be with us one more time. TD deserves it. I don't know if I'll follow the spurs when the heroes are gone...maybe they will be artfully replaced...but let us please enjoy this season. They might get one more run next year, but who knows. We are in position and I pray this team is hungry like they've never been, tbh. Go Spurs Go.

xmas1997
03-11-2014, 07:29 PM
It all started with the Iceman.

SpurPadre
03-11-2014, 07:33 PM
People keep making it a foregone conclusion we'll suck once TD and Manu and eventually TP retire (or leaves the team after the former two retire) but I don't think it's that simple. Who knows who they'll pursue via free agency? I know there's a bunch of wannabe ghetto thugs who think they're too cool to play for the Spurs and will always choose the big market over us but I'm sure we can get someone who'll want to play with Kawhi and I trust in management to keep the team respectable and relevant. While we may eventually become a lottery team, I'm sure that will be a short-term problem headed to another established long-term success because that's what this organization has established since the early 90's and I just can't see that determination going away. We'll see though.

MVPCues
03-11-2014, 07:44 PM
I've been a Spurs fan since what seems to me like back in the day. I was a David Robinson fan. Guy owned in college. So the Spurs drafted Mr. Robinson. The Spurs? Huh? Wha? And we got so close so many times. Fucking Rod Strickland. But not until the Spurs draft Tim Duncan, who? wha?, does The Admiral reach the pinnacle of his profession. It's amazing that it took that much and that the hero from Wake Forest was the embodiment of everything I loved about DRob. It's been a great ride. One of the best, if not the best, rides in professional sports in the last 20 years. I'm literally in tears right now. I love this team. I have friends who love KG and lament the now gone "celtics basketball". I wonder if I'll even like the NBA when Dunc, Obiwan, and Parker are gone. I know we are extremely lucky to be witness to the level of greatness that is Spurs basketball. The other night I woke up and my radio was on and they were sprayin about Lebron's 62 (pfft DRob 71)or whatever it was and all I could see was 28 seconds. It eats at me every single day. 28 fuckin seconds. One rebound. One freethrow. Just make a play and you've got one for the thumb, 5-0, beat the kang twice, fuck. 28 seconds. And here we are best record in the association. Injured all season and here we are, coming down the home stretch, in the lead. I hope the bball gods can be with us one more time. TD deserves it. I don't know if I'll follow the spurs when the heroes are gone...maybe they will be artfully replaced...but let us please enjoy this season. They might get one more run next year, but who knows. We are in position and I pray this team is hungry like they've never been, tbh. Go Spurs Go.

Very fine first post.

KaiRMD1
03-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Of course, I'm a spurs fan, not a fan of just one player like most ol' sports are. I'll just have a different persona every year

HI-FI
03-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Most likely. Not because I love every aspect of this board, but like FlashZo said above, I love basketball. Plus SA has been part of my life before I was born, so both the city and therefore Spurs mean something to me. Will I be posting all the time? Maybe not, but even if the team is going through a rough period, I'll still be either watching some of the games, attending them or chatting with other Spurs fans when I'm in the mood. It's similar to an old friend, just because I'm not keeping up all the time doesn't change the fact I still hope for the best.

fwiw, I don't think Spurs will just turn to shit though. There might be some less than great years, but I think the organization has certain standards and identity to it.

SupremeGuy
03-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Hell yeah. I still post on Cowboys forums even though they've sucked for 15+ years. lol

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
03-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Ill be here.
Through thick & thin tbh.

dg7md
03-11-2014, 09:01 PM
I can't believe that 6 neutered the board so hard. I mean, I get it, but it's not like we're dead in the water now. We're tied for the best record in the NBA with a surging team while the other great teams are struggling. I don't get the Spur fanbase here, whiny babies mostly. Go cry about 6 while the team tries to bring it back home. Can't live in the past forever.

The_Worlds_finest
03-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Great thread, will read again 10/10

Mikeanaro
03-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Richard Jefferson killed some people´s will to post here.

Budkin
03-11-2014, 10:00 PM
I hope the site is still going then. I'll be here.

DarrinS
03-11-2014, 10:29 PM
We are a very spoiled fan base, tbh.

silverblackfan
03-11-2014, 10:41 PM
I barely post anyway, tbh, but I will still continue to lurk around. I have been a lifetime Spurs junky, so why stop then?