PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Golden State..

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2014, 11:34 PM
It appears that they're going to inevitably take the 5 seed from Portland, tbh..

The Blazers, Mavs, Grizzlies and Suns will be relatively easy outs in the 1st round, but one of the teams on the elite tier(SA, OKC, Houston, LAC) will have the daunting task of playing the Warriors in the 1st round..they have the 2nd best record in the league since the ASB(behind the Spurs)..

What % chance do you give the Warriors of upsetting one of the top 4 teams?..

Killakobe81
03-11-2014, 11:37 PM
It appears that they're going to inevitably take the 5 seed from Portland, tbh..

The Blazers, Mavs, Grizzlies and Suns will be relatively easy outs in the 1st round, but one of the teams on the elite tier(SA, OKC, Houston, LAC) will have the daunting task of playing the Warriors in the 1st round..they have the 2nd best record in the league since the ASB(behind the Spurs)..

What % chance do you give the Warriors of upsetting one of the top 4 teams?..

Memphis/Mavs might not be THAT easy ...

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Memphis could give Houston and the Clippers a challenge, but I doubt they defeat them, tbh..Spurs/Thunder would beat Memphis in 5, maybe sweep..

Dallas isn't scaring anybody, tbh:lol..their frontcourt is way too shitty..they don't even have an average level C:lol..

The Warriors could legitimately challenge one of the top-tier teams IMO..

Robz4000
They'd have a solid shot against MethKC and LAC, and an outside chance against Houston or SA.

What % chance do you give the Warriors of upsetting one of the top 4 teams?..50% tbh

All depends on if Klay and Steph get hot again. Now that they have a pretty good defense, I can see them outting the Clips/Rockets. Neither of those teams have a Danny or Kawhi to put on Curry Thompson. For the Clips, Maybe Granger? Idk

But it depends on if those two get hot, because when They're not hot, their offense struggles mightily.

xtremesteven33
03-11-2014, 11:40 PM
Hard to say tbh. Im not completely sold on the Warriors just yet. I like their team and the direction they're going but Im not completely sold on this team getting key defensive stops in playoff games. Hot shooting can keep them in any game, but can they play good enough defense to stop the offensive firepower of the top 4 teams? I dont think so..

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Hard to say tbh. Im not completely sold on the Warriors just yet. I like their team and the direction they're going but Im not completely sold on this team getting key defensive stops in playoff games. Hot shooting can keep them in any game, but can they play good enough defense to stop the offensive firepower of the top 4 teams? I dont think so..

Their offense is actually a bigger issue than their defense, tbh..

They have one of the worst offensive systems in the league, considering the level of talent they have on the roster..they run way too many ISO plays for a team with so many solid passers/shooters..

sook
03-11-2014, 11:41 PM
The rockets play GS really well, not worried about them at all.

If it came to the 4/5 matchup against them that would be a good draw for the 1st round.

sook
03-11-2014, 11:44 PM

Yup, their defensive rating has been really good this year.

The problem is that Curry's hot shooting is good enough to win them 2 games out of a series, but thats about it. The rockets are by no means a good perimeter defensive team but they have always been able to do a good job against the Warriors' shooters (maybe because of Pat. Bev.).

Robz4000
03-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Memphis could give Houston and the Clippers a challenge, but I doubt they defeat them, tbh..Spurs/Thunder would beat Memphis in 5, maybe sweep..

Dallas isn't scaring anybody, tbh:lol..their frontcourt is way too shitty..they don't even have an average level C:lol..

The Warriors could legitimately challenge one of the top-tier teams IMO..

Memphis is the one team I don't see the Clips, Meth, and Houston wanting to get in the first round tbh. All three would prolly win the series, but they're bound to get beat up; might even let Memphis get into their heads and fuck up.

xtremesteven33
03-11-2014, 11:45 PM

They have one of the worst offensive systems in the league, considering the level of talent they have on the roster..they run way too many ISO plays for a team with so many solid passers/shooters..

And thats another issue. Playcalling and defensive schemes. I just dont see this team getting over that hurdle just yet. If anything maybe they could upset the Rockets.

Rogue
03-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Dallas ain't too bad by the standard of a team that's rebuilding, imho. we could've acquired a solid C in February but Cuban chose to save cap space for the 2014 FA market If we had a quality defensive big (like big daddy TC) we would've easily been top 4 of the west tbh.

Gummi Clutch
03-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Dallas ain't too bad by the standard of a team that's rebuilding, imho. we could've acquired a solid C in February but Cuban chose to save cap space for the 2014 FA market If we had a quality defensive big (like big daddy TC) we would've easily been top 4 of the west tbh.
As a fan of interim goddess, I feel that I owe you this. The Mavericks are doing an incredibly shitty job and they weren't rebuilding, they were trying to be in contention this year. They will actually have to rebuild in a couple of years and go through the draft. Its a tough pill to swallow, but just think about how strong Goddess has been with that french parasite draining her of her nutrients :cry :cry

ElNono
03-11-2014, 11:57 PM
I still think Memphis can make it tough on OKC... while the Thunder will probably seek revenge from last season, I do think they still present matchup problems for them.

The Warriors streaky shooting can knock out anybody, IMO. I just don't think it's sustainable through 3 series...

StrengthAndHonor
03-12-2014, 12:11 AM
GSW always gives us problems, none of our perimeter could check Curry and David Lee always beasts on our frontcourt, you can blame Blake on that :lol. Warriors will not upset OKC and San Antonio, so fans of those teams can rest easy, but Warriors can definitely match our pace and their big men are a lot more competent than ours. In a 7 game series, I don't want to face the Warriors.

Our season series is 1-2, we could've easily lost the first game if CP3 didn't go HAM in that meeting. This thread is perfectly timed, we'll see how the Clippers responds tomorrow against the Warriors.

Mugen
03-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Agreed, I was on their bandwagon last year as well.

They're much improved defensively this year with Bogut healthy and Iggy an upgrade over Barnes as the wing stopper. They also don't have shitty Jarret Jack chuckin' shots along with an overall improved bench.

They'd give a OKC/HOU a tough series and I legitimately think they can take the Clippers out in the first round. Basically, the Dubs are dangerous to any team that they can sucker into a high-paced shootout where coaching adjustments are minimized. Their D is solid and if their backcourts get hot, they can play with anybody tbh.

RsxPiimp
03-12-2014, 12:25 AM
GSW always gives us problems, none of our perimeter could check Curry and David Lee always beasts on our frontcourt, you can blame Blake on that :lol. Warriors will not upset OKC and San Antonio, so fans of those teams can rest easy, but Warriors can definitely match our pace and their big men are a lot more competent than ours. In a 7 game series, I don't want to face the Warriors.

Our season series is 1-2, we could've easily lost the first game if CP3 didn't go HAM in that meeting. This thread is perfectly timed, we'll see how the Clippers responds tomorrow against the Warriors.
Series hasn't even started and Clipperfan already folding:lol

spurraider21
03-12-2014, 12:29 AM
I think everybody on the NBA forum knows my thoughts on Curry and the Warriors. They're best fit in a matchup where David Lee wouldn't have to defend anybody of note.

Robz4000
03-12-2014, 12:34 AM

They're much improved defensively this year with Bogut healthy and Iggy an upgrade over Barnes as the wing stopper. They also don't have shitty Jarret Jack chuckin' shots along with an overall improved bench.

They'd give a OKC/HOU a tough series and I legitimately think they can take the Clippers out in the first round. Basically, the Dubs are dangerous to any team that they can sucker into a high-paced shootout where coaching adjustments are minimized. Their D is solid and if their backcourts get hot, they can play with anybody tbh.

Their bench is still godawful tbh, tho getting Blake Mamba is an improvement. Crawford took Jack's place as the chucker.

Mugen
03-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Agreed, coaching and bench play are still their biggest weaknesses and Jordan Crawford is one of my least fav players in the league. But Blake/Barnes/O'Neal isn't terrible and Curry/Klay should be able to play 40min in the playoffs.

They'd push OKC and HOU to at least 6 games tbh and a Clipper series would be a tossup.

Robz4000
03-12-2014, 12:41 AM
Agreed, coaching and bench play are still their biggest weaknesses and Jordan Crawford is one of my least fav players in the league. But Blake/Barnes/O'Neal isn't terrible and Curry/Klay should be able to play 40min in the playoffs.

They'd push OKC and HOU to at least 6 games tbh and a Clipper series would be a tossup.

Ya I agree they'd be tough for any of the top 4 seeds not named SA. Not sold on Barnes and O'Neal coming off the bench for them however; I honestly don't know how O'Neal is still playing basketball now that he's left Phoenix and Barnes was pretty shitty all things considered last year.

crc21209
03-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Golden State will finish either 5th or 6th in the West. Whoever finishes 3rd or 4th is going to have a hell of a challenge on their hands against GS in the first round. They could easily give OKC or Houston a 6-7 game series...

Killakobe81
03-12-2014, 08:28 AM

Excellent and fair analysis.