PDA

View Full Version : Last Six Months Coldest Since 1912

SnakeBoy
03-12-2014, 05:48 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/12/Last-Six-Months-Coldest-Since-1912

Th'Pusher
03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/12/Last-Six-Months-Coldest-Since-1912
So what's the point? Climate is changing?

DarrinS
03-12-2014, 06:45 PM

That's what it does.

boutons_deux
03-12-2014, 07:03 PM
breitbart! :lol down there with Fox and "Christians" in their connection with reality. :lol

ElNono
03-12-2014, 07:07 PM
the original article is here:
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/us-having-its-coldest-six-month-period-since-1912/

not surprising, seeing the north-east was hit with freezing acrtic air. The variation wasn't much elsewhere.

Th'Pusher
03-12-2014, 07:09 PM
That's what it does.
So what's the purpose of the article and the need for the xpost on ST?

ElNono
03-12-2014, 07:09 PM
apparently, this goddard dude is a well known "creative" writer...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110309123406AA1ne91

FuzzyLumpkins
03-12-2014, 07:45 PM
And in other news, Australia is experiencing a record breaking 'angry' summer.

Australia experienced its 15th hottest summer since records began in 1910, while the summer before was the hottest ever.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/australian-summer-melts-records

The extreme polarization is troubling.

TeyshaBlue
03-12-2014, 07:57 PM
breitbart! :lol down there with Fox and "Christians" in their connection with reality. :lol

lol alternet
lol thinkprogress

TeyshaBlue
03-12-2014, 07:58 PM
And in other news, Australia is experiencing a record breaking 'angry' summer.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/australian-summer-melts-records

Indeed.

Nbadan
03-13-2014, 12:25 AM
apparently, this goddard dude is a well known "creative" writer...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110309123406AA1ne91

:lol creative writing.....Goddard is a wing-nut extreme

boutons_deux
03-13-2014, 05:59 AM
lol alternet
lol thinkprogress

TB :lol with his false equivalences

TeyshaBlue
03-13-2014, 06:48 AM
TB :lol with his false equivalences

You're right. alternet makes Fox looks legit.
lol @ the progressive echo chamber.
lol boutons

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 07:24 AM

:lol There it is. I knew I could count on you boutons.

How bout this one
http://a.abcnews.com/WNT/video/coldest-winter-record-100-years-22890066?tab=9482930&section=1206853&playlist=1363340

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 07:27 AM

Cold in the winter and hot in the summer is quite troubling.

Th'Pusher
03-13-2014, 07:37 AM
:lol There it is. I knew I could count on you boutons.

How bout this one
http://a.abcnews.com/WNT/video/coldest-winter-record-100-years-22890066?tab=9482930&section=1206853&playlist=1363340
You realize your op has been obliterated for being the complete back that he is in this thread, right?

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 09:21 AM
You realize your op has been obliterated for being the complete back that he is in this thread, right?

I just posted something that is true. The fact that I posted it only to get a predictable response doesn't make it untrue.

boutons_deux
03-13-2014, 09:53 AM
I just posted something that is true. The fact that I posted it only to get a predictable response doesn't make it untrue.

a right-winger posting an article from right-wing political propagandist Okeefe-employer Breitbart doesn't make it just "true".

MannyIsGod
03-13-2014, 10:12 AM
The last six months are not the coldest since 1912. I don't have the data off hand but this is absolutely false. I'll post some actual data later.

For the record, there are few deniers who lie as much as Goddard.

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 10:22 AM
The last six months are not the coldest since 1912. I don't have the data off hand but this is absolutely false. I'll post some actual data later.

Send it to ABC news then.

MannyIsGod
03-13-2014, 10:23 AM
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/time-series/us/110/00/tmp/2/01/1973-2013?base_prd=true&firstbaseyear=1901&lastbaseyear=2000

Only 30+ 5 month periods ending in February have been colder. March isn't over so I can't incorporate it yet but March has been fairly warm so its not going to help his case at all.

Great post, Snakeboy! Next you can tell us that snow is falling in San Antonio in June or that Henry Cisneros is actually Jesus reincarnated. You know, since we're just making shit up now.

MannyIsGod
03-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Send it to ABC news then.

You should send it to them. I don't watch them. I certainly don't get my climate data from them.

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Great post, Snakeboy! Next you can tell us that snow is falling in San Antonio in June or that Henry Cisneros is actually Jesus reincarnated. You know, since we're just making shit up now.

Nah, in June it will be you posting about how hot it is...and in August you'll be telling us how we are causing hurricanes.

MannyIsGod
03-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Nah, in June it will be you posting about how hot it is...and in August you'll be telling us how we are causing hurricanes.

Never done either but maybe this year will be new ground. Then again, its pretty obvious reality isn't your strong suit.

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Never done either but maybe this year will be new ground. Then again, its pretty obvious reality isn't your strong suit.

It's pretty obvious you're upset it's been a cold winter.

MannyIsGod
03-13-2014, 10:35 AM

:lmao

No dumb ass, the fact that it isn't even close to being true is what makes it untrue.

MannyIsGod
03-13-2014, 10:38 AM
It's pretty obvious you're upset it's been a cold winter.

Hasn't been a cold winter for me. Out west its been really warm all winter. Record highs in January and February. No snow for a 6 week period in the height of our main snow fall season.

Relevant:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/cold.png

MannyIsGod
03-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Anyway thats all the time I have for today. Thanks for making your lies so easy to disprove.

Th'Pusher
03-13-2014, 10:42 AM
I love the way snakeboy gets dismantled in nearly every thread he participates in.

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Anyway thats all the time I have for today. Thanks for making your lies so easy to disprove.

Thanks for talking about the weather.

Th'Pusher
03-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks for talking about the weather.
And then pretends like he didn't.

boutons_deux
03-13-2014, 11:06 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_wave

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 11:17 AM
I love the way snakeboy gets dismantled in nearly every thread he participates in.

I love the way certain people will always come calling if you use the right dog whistle. Link from brietbart...here comes boutons...topic was weather...manny comes running. Should've fit God into the topic and got Fuzzy to show up. :lol

And then pretends like he didn't.

and I love the way people think they are winning something on this forum.

Th'Pusher
03-13-2014, 03:12 PM
I love the way certain people will always come calling if you use the right dog whistle. Link from brietbart...here comes boutons...topic was weather...manny comes running. Should've fit God into the topic and got Fuzzy to show up. :lol

Lol. Like there isn't a laundry list of topics you dog whistle to...Obamacare anyone? Or how about anything that expresses the 'opinion' that conservatives are generally stupider or more driven by emotion than liberals. The likes of you, DarrinS and WildfuckingCobra can't help but to respond. Your emo nature won't allow it.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-13-2014, 03:38 PM

Being ignorant to the point of not understanding what 'extreme polarization' means should bother you. We could talk about system bounds but you seem to have less an understanding of the science with just as much desire to make shit up as our local idiot, WC. I won't bother.

DarrinS
03-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Lol. Like there isn't a laundry list of topics you dog whistle to...Obamacare anyone? Or how about anything that expresses the 'opinion' that conservatives are generally stupider or more driven by emotion than liberals. The likes of you, DarrinS and WildfuckingCobra can't help but to respond. Your emo nature won't allow it.

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIYG0Rdnh5Y

SnakeBoy
03-13-2014, 03:53 PM
I won't bother.

Ahh c'mon, I made it just for you. You know you want to. Just think how smart you will look.

RandomGuy
03-14-2014, 12:13 PM

The thing is that it is entirely possible for one continent to get cooler, and the rest of the planet to get warmer, if weather patterns change. The aggregate would still be an overall warming trend.

The thing we should be worried about is the extreme events that are increasingly manifesting themselves.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-14-2014, 04:54 PM

The after the fact troll?

I give you a trollscore of ZERO for that weakass shit.

TSA
03-14-2014, 05:13 PM
I take that back.

I give you a trollscore of ONE for at least getting me in the thread.

Th'Pusher
03-14-2014, 06:41 PM
I take that back.

I give you a trollscore of ONE for at least getting me in the thread.

This thread was for manny. The god thread was for fuzzy. Snakeboy's quite the mastermind troll.

SnakeBoy
03-14-2014, 10:35 PM
I give you a trollscore of ZERO for that weakass shit.

:lol That's the whole point. It is intended to be the weakest ass troll job possible. And on top of that each time I clearly tell you that is the point. Yet still you come calling :lol.

Although this time it's even funnier, you're afraid you'll look stupid if you post in the thread I made for you but it's bugging the shit out of you so you're posting in this one instead. As if that's any better :lol

Just get it over with and go post something on it that you think will make you look smart. You know you want to.

SnakeBoy
03-14-2014, 10:43 PM
The thing is that it is entirely possible for one continent to get cooler, and the rest of the planet to get warmer, if weather patterns change. The aggregate would still be an overall warming trend.

The thing we should be worried about is the extreme events that are increasingly manifesting themselves.

That's a larger climate change discussion. This was just a last IT'S COLD thread before the IT"S HOT threads start up.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-15-2014, 02:00 AM
:lol That's the whole point. It is intended to be the weakest ass troll job possible. And on top of that each time I clearly tell you that is the point. Yet still you come calling :lol.

Although this time it's even funnier, you're afraid you'll look stupid if you post in the thread I made for you but it's bugging the shit out of you so you're posting in this one instead. As if that's any better :lol

Just get it over with and go post something on it that you think will make you look smart. You know you want to.

I don't look to be smart. I look to be correct. It bothers people like yourself for some reason. I write stream of consciousness. It should be pretty obvious because I don't edit myself unless I am unintelligible. You create these stories about intent. I just write what I think.

So anyway are you completely abandoning your climate take? It was really a ploy to get me to come on here and try to 'look smart?'

SnakeBoy
03-15-2014, 02:27 AM
So anyway are you completely abandoning your climate take?

There was no climate take.

So anyway are you completely abandoning your climate take? It was really a ploy to get me to come on here and try to 'look smart?'

This wasn't a ploy for you, it was for bouton's to attack the source and Manny to get his panties in a wad. Manny actually is smart but for whatever reason he let's dumb weather topics piss him off every time.

I made a thread for you. Have at it, you know you want to.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-15-2014, 02:45 AM

This wasn't a ploy for you, it was for bouton's to attack the source and Manny to get his panties in a wad. Manny actually is smart but for whatever reason he let's dumb weather topics piss him off every time.

Now you are being stupid. You are saying that you do not think that the OP is newsworthy? This is really an attempt to get my attention and get me to respond?

You need to get out more.

Wild Cobra
03-15-2014, 10:07 AM

I just have the shithead on IGNORE. that way I don't have to see the pansies remarks.

Jacob1983
03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
People that bitch about climate change are the type of people that bitch when their kids suck at sports, music, and the arts but demand that their kids get a gold star for participation. Shut the fuck up already. No one gives a shit anymore.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-15-2014, 09:19 PM
People that bitch about climate change are the type of people that bitch when their kids suck at sports, music, and the arts but demand that their kids get a gold star for participation. Shut the fuck up already. No one gives a shit anymore.

Speak for yourself.

And what a fucking stupid comparison. Just take your machismo meme and substitute it for a legitimate argument.

Wild Cobra
03-16-2014, 08:02 AM

I have a feeling that applies far more often than not.

Drachen
03-16-2014, 10:48 AM

I care, it'll effect me, but more importantly, it'll effect my kids.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2014, 01:24 PM
If Snakeboy gets his jollies off by seeing me to respond to a subject where I have expertise, more power to him. If it makes him feel like some sort of puppetmaster, then good for him.

But the run to the troll card when he gets proven wrong every time makes it seem more like a cover story than any actual trolling. The posts are there defending his "facts" early in this thread until it took me all of 5 minutes to show how much bullshit it was. Only then did the troll card come out.

But I don't care about any of that in any case. All I care about is what is actually true, and it is quite clear that the last 6 months have not been abnormally cold. Troll away, master manipulator.

Wild Cobra
03-16-2014, 01:35 PM
If Snakeboy gets his jollies off by seeing me to respond to a subject where I have expertise, more power to him. If it makes him feel like some sort of puppetmaster, then good for him.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

You are no expert. The education system is indoctrinating you with false material about CO2.

You are the puppet of a political agenda.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-16-2014, 01:43 PM

:lol Does target give out gold stars for participation?

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-16-2014, 01:44 PM

You are no expert. The education system is indoctrinating you with false material about CO2.

:lmao right, universities are the ones with an agenda. Koch Industries and Exxon Mobile are both just trying to expose the truth!

Wild Cobra
03-16-2014, 01:53 PM
:lmao right, universities are the ones with an agenda. Koch Industries and Exxon Mobile are both just trying to expose the truth!
The government funds most of the research money for studies that are aimed at showing AGW. The papers generated become the teachings of a science, not properly utilizing scientific principles. I suggest you go to Natures site also sometime. Go to their link that says what it takes to get published. You will see it is a "pal review" system, and they publish and peer review what they choose to.

boutons_deux
03-16-2014, 02:04 PM
"not properly utilizing scientific principles"

:lol

but WC cherry-picks his climate graphs to destroy the entire WORLD's climate scientists! :lol

Wild Cobra
03-16-2014, 02:09 PM
"not properly utilizing scientific principles"

:lol

but WC cherry-picks his climate graphs to destroy the entire WORLD's climate scientists! :lol

Believe as you wish. The future's history will show everyone I am correct.

boutons_deux
03-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Believe as you wish. The future's history will show everyone I am correct.

... sounds like a 99%er voting Repug because it's in his own best interest. :lol

TeyshaBlue
03-16-2014, 02:37 PM
The future's history will show everyone I am correct.

This statement is The Möbius strip of stupidity.

boutons_deux
03-16-2014, 03:27 PM

... of Palinesque word salad.

TeyshaBlue
03-16-2014, 03:36 PM
:lol:toast

SnakeBoy
03-16-2014, 04:22 PM

But the run to the troll card when he gets proven wrong every time makes it seem more like a cover story than any actual trolling. The posts are there defending his "facts" early in this thread until it took me all of 5 minutes to show how much bullshit it was. Only then did the troll card come out.

But I don't care about any of that in any case. All I care about is what is actually true, and it is quite clear that the last 6 months have not been abnormally cold. Troll away, master manipulator.

:lol It's not that you respond that amuses me, it's that you're so easily pissed off over cold weather stories in winter. Always rushing in as the impartial professional scientist to disprove the cold weather. Yet you never feel so passionate over the inevitable "It's Hot" threads that happen every summer.

Unless there is some unexpected change, this summer there will plenty of threads using the drought as proof of global warming and you'll be all too happy to go right along with them. Your not a scientist, you're a guy who supports hot weather and opposes cold weather.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2014, 06:45 PM
blah blah blah change your stance and lie some more.

What makes you such a liar, snakeboy? Why do you have such a problem with the truth? Aren't you a religious man? How do you reconcile your behavior with that?

SnakeBoy
03-16-2014, 10:52 PM
blah blah blah change your stance and lie some more.

What makes you such a liar, snakeboy? Why do you have such a problem with the truth? Aren't you a religious man? How do you reconcile your behavior with that?

I've never said I'm a religious man but nice attempt.

I apologize Manny, I really enjoyed your professional climate scientist expertise on this thread...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230273&p=7190472#post7190472

Oh wait, it wasn't about cold weather so you didn't have anything to say :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
03-17-2014, 01:41 AM

Willful stupidity at its finest.

Wild Cobra
03-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Believe as you wish. I call it confidence.

MannyIsGod
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
I've never said I'm a religious man but nice attempt.

I apologize Manny, I really enjoyed your professional climate scientist expertise on this thread...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230273&p=7190472#post7190472

Oh wait, it wasn't about cold weather so you didn't have anything to say :lol

You know why you missed it? I didn't have to go in and correct your lies. Thats why. The link was to an article that wasn't lying.

Maybe if you weren't such a liar, you'd understand that. Its not about hot or cold weather, its about the truth. The truth is what you seem to be opposed to, liar.

Wild Cobra
03-17-2014, 11:28 AM
You know why you missed it? I didn't have to go in and correct your lies. Thats why. The link was to an article that wasn't lying.

Maybe if you weren't such a liar, you'd understand that. Its not about hot or cold weather, its about the truth. The truth is what you seem to be opposed to, liar.
Like a true climastrologist.

Generalities. No specifics.

rascal
03-18-2014, 04:30 AM
You need to look at the entire world's temperatures. Alaska had a very warm winter.

SnakeBoy
03-18-2014, 05:42 PM
The link was to an article that wasn't lying.

Really? So you and your climate scientist colleagues spent the winter debating if climate change has made the polar vortex "drunk" thereby causing unusually cold weather this winter, even though there hasn't been any unusually cold weather this winter? What did you and your colleagues decide? Is the polar vortex drunk?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Really? So you and your climate scientist colleagues spent the winter debating if climate change has made the polar vortex "drunk" thereby causing unusually cold weather this winter, even though there hasn't been any unusually cold weather this winter? What did you and your colleagues decide?

Willful stupidity is rampant from you two.

You suck at creating a narrative. This just reeks of dumb or more like what Bert Russell talked about:

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Let's just say your report is not accurate.

Leetonidas
03-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Hurr durr it's been cold climate change must be a lie hurr durr

dumbass

MannyIsGod
03-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Well, I personally don't think that the polar outbreak has anything to do with climate change. Cold outbreaks have occurred in the past and in fact they're occurring now with less frequency and they're of a much shorter duration. In fact, if you compare the days under freezing this winter with those during previous cold outbreaks you see that the one this year is mild in comparison. There are scientists who believe that amplified jet stream patterns are being locked in place more often due to climate change. I don't fully buy this yet as I would need to see a longer record of this happening or better understanding of the physical processes in the atmospheric flow that cause this. It has been proposed but the jury is absolutely still out on this. That being said, those who make this claim don't say it will mean colder winters. The same pattern that brings cold to certain regions under this pattern brings extreme warmth to others. Hence, the western half of the continent had a very warm winter. You're just ignorant of what the science actually says and instead you choose to listen to liars like yourself and propagate their lies.

But this is moving the goalposts. You said the winter was the coldest since the early 20th century. That was a lie. You are a liar. Now that you've been caught in your lie, you're trying to use the term "unusual". Its barely in the coldest third of winters. You're not even right here. This winter was a pretty fucking normal winter in the grand scheme of things. Since when is a winter right smack in the normal distribution of winters "unusual"? Can you just not help yourself with the fucking lies? Pathological.

SnakeBoy
03-18-2014, 06:17 PM
You said the winter was the coldest since the early 20th century.

I've said nothing about this winter.

This winter was a pretty fucking normal winter in the grand scheme of things.

This is true. It's also true you got all worked up over the "It's Cold" thread, while the "It's Hot" thread got your stamp of approval.

MannyIsGod
03-18-2014, 07:24 PM

How quickly you forget what you lie about. Say you're trolling, spew bullshit about what I post about, or any other shit you want but you're lies are right there.

Pretty pathetic.

SnakeBoy
03-18-2014, 09:22 PM
How quickly you forget what you lie about. Say you're trolling, spew bullshit about what I post about, or any other shit you want but you're lies are right there.

lol That's your proof I'm a liar?

When ABC news reports that for much of the country it has been the coldest winter in 100 years I assume they have check the temperature record. You pulling data out of your ass only proves them wrong, as I already said you can tell to ABC news. If you want you can claim it proves me somewhat gullible but it doesn't prove me a liar.

Your the one trying to change the subject. You claim to be a professional climate scientist when you're just a guy who opposes cold weather...as I have demonstrated in this thread. Talk about moving goalposts.

Last time we did this it ended with me saying...

:wow Not responding to bullshit...hmmm maybe you are becoming a professional after all.

I would say I was wrong, I guess you would claim I was lying about you becoming a professional.

lol professional climate scientist
lol hates cold weather

MannyIsGod
03-19-2014, 02:19 AM
All I see here is someone butthurt about being caught in a lie and then writing a shit load trying to justify it to someone on the internet who they say they're just trolling. I'm going to guess that when you're sitting there trying to justify your lies, you're doing a bad job of trolling. A liar, and a shit troll. :tu

boutons_deux
03-19-2014, 06:00 AM
:lol VRWC/Fox would say more evidence of the conspiratorial hoaxers hoaxing

Scientists tell Americans: This climate change thing really is a big deal

http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/boiling-earth-image.jpg?w=470&h=265&crop=1

One of the world’s largest and most influential science organizations is launching a new campaign to cut through the noise of climate denialism and help the public understand the threat of climate change.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science kicked things off on Monday by publishing a 20-page report entitled What We Know. The gist: We know that global warming is real, risky, and demands a serious response — “the three Rs of climate change.”

“We’re trying to provide a voice for the scientific community on this issue so that we can help the country, help the world move this issue forward,” AAAS CEO Alan Leshner said during a call with reporters on Tuesday morning. “If we don’t move now we are at tremendous risk for some very high impact consequences, many of which are laid out in the report.”

The AAAS has also assembled a panel of a 13 leading scientists who will make public presentations and try to spread climate smarts far and wide.

Here’s an explanation of those three climate Rs from the initiative’s website:

The first is Reality — 97% of climate experts have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening.

The second is Risk — that the reality of climate change means that there are climate change impacts we can expect, but we also must consider what might happen, especially the small, but real, chance that we may face abrupt changes with massively disruptive impacts.

The third R is Response — that there is much we can do and that the sooner we respond, the better off we will be.

The report is not all gloom and doom. The call to action is premised on hope:

By making informed choices now, we can reduce risks for future generations and ourselves, and help communities adapt to climate change. People have responded successfully to other major environmental challenges such as acid rain and the ozone hole with benefits greater than costs, and scientists working with economists believe there are ways to manage the risks of climate change while balancing current and future economic prosperity.

As scientists, it is not our role to tell people what they should do or must believe about the rising threat of climate change. But we consider it to be our responsibility as professionals to ensure, to the best of our ability, that people understand what we know: human-caused climate change is happening, we face risks of abrupt, unpredictable and potentially irreversible changes, and responding now will lower the risk and cost of taking action.

Renowned climate scientist Michael Mann – a member at large of AAAS’s atmospheric sciences division but not a member of the new climate panel — lauded the initiative. “AAAS is the largest non-governmental scientific membership body in the world, so them taking such an affirmative role in the societal debate over climate change, and what to do about it, is significant,” Mann told Grist.

“The crux of the matter is that, despite the overwhelming scientific consensus that exists that, (a) climate change is real, (b) it is caused by us, and (c) it poses a grave threat to society if we do nothing about it, the public still thinks that there is a ‘debate’ on each of those elements,” Mann said.

http://grist.org/news/scientists-tell-americans-this-climate-change-thing-really-is-a-big-deal/?utm_source=syndication&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=feed

VRWC/BigCarbon, are, like the Bible-thumpers, winning the war of truth vs LIES, in that they say global warming and creationism are equally/more valid as non-global warming and evolution, for 10Ms of stupid, ignorant, disengaged, misinformed Americans, the kind of Americans the VRWC/BigCarbon depends on.

pgardn
05-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Another blanket for the snakes cold:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/07/science/earth/climate-change-report.html?_r=0

DarrinS
05-07-2014, 01:55 PM
'Hurricane Shmuricane’, if I may...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4XvGJKn_g0

Wild Cobra
05-07-2014, 02:05 PM

Because of another forum, I just took a couple scenes from a show, one of which has Bill Nye. This article prompted me to do so:

link: Neil deGrasse Tyson: Don't Worry, Earth Will Survive Climate Change — We Won't (http://www.businessinsider.com/neil-degrasse-tyson-climate-change-greenhouse-gas-2014-4#ixzz313fF52sq)

I ripped two clips off of a DVD collection I have. Here they are, the first is Dr. Keller speaking of the planet not needing saving. This episode was in 2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3AeXGtTyQU

Now in the same episode, earlier, is Neil deGrasse Tyson. Like in the episode, looks like he stole the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMlMem7qHIs

xrayzebra
05-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Well, I personally don't think that the polar outbreak has anything to do with climate change. Cold outbreaks have occurred in the past and in fact they're occurring now with less frequency and they're of a much shorter duration. In fact, if you compare the days under freezing this winter with those during previous cold outbreaks you see that the one this year is mild in comparison. There are scientists who believe that amplified jet stream patterns are being locked in place more often due to climate change. I don't fully buy this yet as I would need to see a longer record of this happening or better understanding of the physical processes in the atmospheric flow that cause this. It has been proposed but the jury is absolutely still out on this. That being said, those who make this claim don't say it will mean colder winters. The same pattern that brings cold to certain regions under this pattern brings extreme warmth to others. Hence, the western half of the continent had a very warm winter. You're just ignorant of what the science actually says and instead you choose to listen to liars like yourself and propagate their lies.

But this is moving the goalposts. You said the winter was the coldest since the early 20th century. That was a lie. You are a liar. Now that you've been caught in your lie, you're trying to use the term "unusual". Its barely in the coldest third of winters. You're not even right here. This winter was a pretty fucking normal winter in the grand scheme of things. Since when is a winter right smack in the normal distribution of winters "unusual"? Can you just not help yourself with the fucking lies? Pathological.

Manny, I submit the following for your "expertness". I am just an old man, who has seen a few winters and summers in Texas and elsewhere and I can assure you I have also seen the "once in a lifetime" occurrences of both hot and cold and wet and dry And I would like to remind all the posters on here, which I have done before, that we, as far as we know, have had two periods of ice. And strangely both times that ice has disappeared without the benefit of green house gasses. We may very well be experiencing climate change, wouldn't surprise me, the seasons change several times a year. But I can assure everyone that driving electric cars, generating electricity with wind and solar and not drilling for oil and the best yet, increasing TAXES, is not going to solve the problem. Any idiot who thinks we can change what God has created needs a good re-education. Man just aint that smart or powerful. Now you don't like that statement lump it.

’600 page litany of doom’: Weather Channel Co-Founder John Coleman slams Federal climate report: A ‘total distortion of the data and agenda driven, destructive episode of bad science gone berserk’

Coleman: 'When the temperature data could no longer be bent to support global warming, they switched to climate change and now blame every weather and climate event on CO2 despite the hard, cold fact that the “radiative forcing” theory they built their claims on has totally failed to verify.'

'The current bad science is all based on a theory that the increase in the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from the exhaust of the burning of fossil fuels leads to a dramatic increase in “the greenhouse effect” causing temperatures to skyrocket uncontrollably. This theory has failed to verify and is obviously dead wrong. But the politically funded and agenda driven scientists who have built their careers on this theory and live well on the 2.6 billion dollars of year of Federal grants for global warming/climate change research cling to this theory and bend the data spread to support the glorified claims in their reports and papers.'

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotMay 7, 2014 7:35 AM with 337 comments

Update: ’Climate Hustle’ or ‘American Doomsday’?! Obama climate report panned by scientists – ‘Pseudoscience’ ‘sales pitch’ ‘follow the money’ ‘total distortion’ ‘false premise’ ‘outdated & wrong’ ‘failure’

(For more on global temperature standstill see here: Global Temperature Update: No global warming at all for 17 years 9 months)

John Coleman’s Blog for Wednesday, May 7th

The sky is falling. “Climate Change” is running wild and disaster is certain unless we immediately stop burning coal and oil and move quickly to “green energy” to eliminate use of fossil fuels. Heat waves, huge floods, powerful storms, droughts and rising seas are on the verge of killing millions of us and destroying our civilization. That is my summary of the new Federal Assessment of Climate Change issued by a Obama administration team of more than 300 specialists guided by a 60-member federal advisory committee produced the report. It was reviewed by federal agencies and a panel of the National Academy of Sciences.

This 600 page litany of doom and gloom has received extensive coverage by the panting anchors of the national media who feel important when tell their audience that “the sky is falling.” Horrible pictures of storms, floods, drought and heat waves leaped out of the TV sets as the New York and Washington DC headquartered media was particularly excited to tell us how the huge increases in floods and storms was the worst in that part of the nation.

If you accept the picture painted by this report, the weather was just right, steady and nice in the historic past but because our industrialized society has powered its heating and air conditioning, its transportation by train, plane, cars and trucks, generated it’s electric power to run our lights, computers, television and smart phones with fossil fuels it has triggered this nightmare of awful storms, droughts and heat waves.

I am deeply disturbed to have to suffer through this total distortion of the data and agenda driven, destructive episode of bad science gone berserk. The only good news is that I least where I am and on the channels and websites I saw I was not further insulted by fawning TV Weathercasters visiting the White House and interviewing the President. I best I can tell, on a national level, that turned out to be a non-event (thank goodness).

Please allow me to hold your attention for a few minutes to explain why I don’t buy into this Climate Change alarmism. The climate of Earth has never been “normal” or stable. It has continuously changed through this planet’s 4.5 billion year history. Powerful storms, floods, droughts, heat waves and ice and snow storms have come and gone as long as Earth has existed.

The current bad science is all based on a theory that the increase in the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from the exhaust of the burning of fossil fuels leads to a dramatic increase in “the greenhouse effect” causing temperatures to skyrocket uncontrollably. This theory has failed to verify and is obviously dead wrong. But the politically funded and agenda driven scientists who have built their careers on this theory and live well on the 2.6 billion dollars of year of Federal grants for global warming/climate change research cling to this theory and bend the data spread to support the glorified claims in their reports and papers.

When the temperature data could no longer be bent to support global warming, they switched to climate change and now blame every weather and climate event on CO2 despite the hard, cold fact that the “radiative forcing” theory they built their claims on has totally failed to verify.

They call people such as me who debunk their non-scientific silliness as “deniers” and claim we are flat-earthers and shills for “big oil”. It is insulting and maddening. But I will not be silenced. And neither will the thousand others, many of them with Ph.D.’s and on the faculties of major universities who are working to stop this bad science that labels CO2 as a pollutant and blames it for every shift in the weather.

We will be gathering, we global warming skeptics, at Heartland Institutes 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7 – 9, 2014 in Las Vegas. You can learn about that conference at http://climateconference.heartland.org/. I will be one of the speakers at the breakfast session on Tuesday July 8th. Look at the list of speakers on the website and you will see an impressive group. A group of the powerful Ph.D.’s in the group have recently published a complete scientific document that totaling destroys the climate change alarmism of the US Democrat Party and the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. You can find that publication on line at http://climatechangereconsidered.org/.

In the meantime, through blogs, and radio and television interviews whenever any of us can get on the air we will continue to try to debunk this way of climate alarmism. For instance, I will be on the air on WLS Radio in Chicago with Bruce Wolf & Dan Proft on Wednesday morning (today) at 8:45 AM Chicago time (6:45 AM San Diego time) and do my best to tell the real story of climate and weather. You can listen to that broadcast on line at

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/citadel/?sid=1044&nid=2920

All of this not withstanding, my life is sooo good. Every day is fun and relaxed since I have ended the tread mill life of grinding out all those TV weathercasts a day. I now do my dancing for fun only. LOL

#

Oh, and I might add, I do not consider a local weather person, on TV or radio much of an expert on anything except being a TV personality and having the great ability to read without saying "ah". I understand Rucker TV weatherguy interviewed Obama today, without shiting his pants, and people want to portray that as two people who knew what they were talking about.

Everyone have a great day.

pgardn
05-07-2014, 05:43 PM

Science bullying the public because the public does not like the news...

Tsk, tsk...

When scientists say some of the worst infections one can get exist in hospitals there is a huge outcry and people extend their hospitals stays. Don't bully me out of my bed. Quit being a bully.

But tell people they are closely related to apes and that people can and do affect the environment, well then. Don't change challenge my ways of thinking or my way of life in any significant manner. Keep it to the things that I can deal with.

Any idiot who thinks we can change what God has created needs a good re-education. Man just aint that smart or powerful. Now you don't like that statement lump it.

Where do we go to get re-educated, your church?

xrayzebra
05-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Where do we go to get educated, your church?

Yes. that is one place I learn. You might try it, you might like it and learn at the same time. But then I can see common sense plays no part in your narrow life. You do realize that where you are standing/sitting at the present time is just a speck on the face of this earth. And that you exhale the stuff that is going to kill you according to the "consensus" of opinion of all those learned scientist.

Get a life, go to church.

pgardn
05-07-2014, 09:33 PM

Yes. that is one place I learn. You might try it, you might like it and learn at the same time. But then I can see common sense plays no part in your narrow life. You do realize that where you are standing/sitting at the present time is just a speck on the face of this earth. And that you exhale the stuff that is going to kill you according to the "consensus" of opinion of all those learned scientist.

Been there done that.
I like it on occasions, the history brought forth through ritualism and all.
I do not ask my church about climatology though.
Most people do not go to a yogurt shop to ask for a steak.
Most people...

I find it reasonable to go to the right place to ask questions, places that can actually answer the questions I ask.
But heck, that's just me...

Say, why did God give me some ability to reason but left you out?
Because you have a life please ask this of your, uhmmm, the speck on your dog.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-08-2014, 12:10 AM

Are you really going to argue that the things we expel from our bodies should default to benign? You think eating shit is a good idea?

I went to church from birth to age 14 when I was finally given the choice to go or not, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart: fuck you and the the proselytizing horse you rode in on.

xrayzebra
05-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Been there done that.
Most people...

I find it reasonable to go to the right place to ask questions, places that can actually answer the questions I ask.

Yep, reasonable place to get questions answered: Spurs Talk politics.......

Been there done that.
Most people...

Let me assure you I was not left out. I just ask the right questions. Not blindly follow, like some.

Wild Cobra
05-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Let me assure you I was not left out. I just ask the right questions. Not blindly follow, like some.
Yet those of us who do ask the right questions, are called deniers.

Those who do follow the dogma in this case, are the deniers of truth. They believe climastrology with the true faith of a religious fanatic.

boutons_deux
05-08-2014, 02:59 PM
How Cable News Covered The Landmark Climate Change Report (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/05/08/3435147/climate-assessment-coverage/)

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/National-Climate-Assessment-coverage1.png

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/05/08/3435147/climate-assessment-coverage/

btw, MEDIAN AGE of Fox viewers: 68 :lol

boutons_deux
05-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Miami Finds Itself Ankle-Deep in Climate Change Debate

The sunny-day flooding was happening again. During high tide one recent afternoon, Eliseo Toussaint looked out the window of his Alton Road laundromat and watched bottle-green saltwater seep from the gutters, fill the street and block the entrance to his front door.

“This never used to happen,” Mr. Toussaint said. “I’ve owned this place eight years, and now it’s all the time.”

Down the block at an electronics store it is even worse. Jankel Aleman, a salesman, keeps plastic bags and rubber bands handy to wrap around his feet when he trudges from his car to the store through ever-rising waters.

Sea levels have risen eight inches since 1870, according to the new report, which projects a further rise of one to four feet by the end of the century. Waters around southeast Florida could surge up to two feet by 2060, according to a report by the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Compact (http://southeastfloridaclimatecompact.org/pdf/Regional%20Climate%20Action%20Plan%20FINAL%20ADA%2 0Compliant.pdf). A study by the Florida Department of Transportation concluded that over the next 35 years, rising sea levels will increasingly flood and damage smaller local roads in the Miami area.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/08/us/florida-finds-itself-in-the-eye-of-the-storm-on-climate-change.html

same happening around the Chesapeake Bay

pgardn
05-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Yep, reasonable place to get questions answered: Spurs Talk politics.......

Let me assure you, you were left out if you go to your church to ask about climate or evolution.
You follow what makes you comfortable just like our resident WC. You can't handle uncomfortable prospects.
I truly wish we could use all the hydrocarbons we wanted without worry. But sadly, this does not accurately portray the situation at this time.

Spurs talk politics... read the GD papers listed and made by people who know better than to hope when they can actually approach an answer. You have not a clue as to which questions to ask in certain settings.

Go tuck yourself in and tell yourself God will work everything out for you even though you have the choice to do so on your own. Why he gave you the ability to be responsible and actually have some control over your life... Maybe ask him this in your prayer. Maybe you have sinned by not taking responsibility? Ask...

pgardn
05-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Yet those of us who do ask the right questions, are called deniers.

Those who do follow the dogma in this case, are the deniers of truth. They believe climastrology with the true faith of a religious fanatic.

You don't ask questions you just make things up.
You taught us all about Texas education in High school by literally just guessing based on your experiences in the NW.
This board is experienced with your antics. I just cannot believe you continue to post given the utter falsehoods you have already espoused. You seem like a decent person, just absolutely awash in the make believe. And everything you experience must be what others experience. Your inability to empathize is astounding.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-09-2014, 03:37 AM
You taught us all about Texas education in High school by literally just guessing based on your experiences in the NW.
This board is experienced with your antics. I just cannot believe you continue to post given the utter falsehoods you have already espoused. You seem like a decent person, just absolutely awash in the make believe. And everything you experience must be what others experience. Your inability to empathize is astounding.

I don't know about decent but autistic i can see.

xrayzebra
05-09-2014, 10:05 AM
boutons, can you tell me when the last time some of these learned news media reported on these exalted scientist stopped a hurricane, tornado, blizzard, drought or any other weather related incident. I assume they are capable of doing this since they can stop climate change. Or advise us how we are causing it. Just a simple question, surely Al Jazzera has an answer since they are such experts and spend so much time on the subject. Please get back to me on this important topic.

Oh, I wish one of these learned, exalted climatologist would take over the forecasting duties on our local TV stations. The ones we have cant ever get it right 24 hours in advance. I still waiting on those heavy rains and storms we were promised.

xrayzebra
05-09-2014, 10:24 AM

Why don't you try rebuking someone with facts not attacking them in a personal manner. There is plenty of material out there. Climate is continually changing that is not questioned. The reason is what I am arguing about. And people from your side want to put it out as man-made and proven science when it isn't proven science. The theory put forth by these "experts" have had so many holes poked into it that it is now laughable. The emails released a few years back proved they made up their facts and hid facts. I have no desire to re-hash all that, but I am sure you are aware of those facts.

Oh, from an old man, who has lived in Texas a good portion of his life, drought and hot weather is nothing new, daily records are not new, hot or cold, also from an old man who was in New Jersey in 1947 and saw 36 inches of snow fall overnight, in December, I can say with certainty that records are continually made and broken. But I can also assure you that man did not cause these records and broken records. Then or now.

boutons_deux
05-09-2014, 10:45 AM
boutons, can you tell me when the last time some of these learned news media reported on these exalted scientist stopped a hurricane, tornado, blizzard, drought or any other weather related incident. I assume they are capable of doing this since they can stop climate change. Or advise us how we are causing it. Just a simple question, surely Al Jazzera has an answer since they are such experts and spend so much time on the subject. Please get back to me on this important topic.

Oh, I wish one of these learned, exalted climatologist would take over the forecasting duties on our local TV stations. The ones we have cant ever get it right 24 hours in advance. I still waiting on those heavy rains and storms we were promised.

you prove yourself laughably stupid and ignorant by assuming climate scientists can stop weather events, and by conflating weather events with climate change.

You obviously missed it, or dismissed it: the claim is that since BigCarbon (coal, oil) began fueling the industrial revolution starting in the mid-19th century, there has been a huge jump in atmospheric CO2 causing retention of heat, aka, AGW, anthropogenic global warming.

btw, local weather forecasting is mostly accurate for 3 - 5 days in advance.

IIRC, you were career military, and now you get your science and history in church. Always taking orders and life structure from external sources, makes one really really dumb, eg, yourself.

pgardn
05-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Why don't you try rebuking someone with facts not attacking them in a personal manner. There is plenty of material out there. Climate is continually changing that is not questioned. The reason is what I am arguing about. And people from your side want to put it out as man-made and proven science when it isn't proven science. The theory put forth by these "experts" have had so many holes poked into it that it is now laughable. The emails released a few years back proved they made up their facts and hid facts. I have no desire to re-hash all that, but I am sure you are aware of those facts.

Oh, from an old man, who has lived in Texas a good portion of his life, drought and hot weather is nothing new, daily records are not new, hot or cold, also from an old man who was in New Jersey in 1947 and saw 36 inches of snow fall overnight, in December, I can say with certainty that records are continually made and broken. But I can also assure you that man did not cause these records and broken records. Then or now.

So your experience and record keeping as an old man from Texas trumps claims from scientists around the world looking at worldwide data from far more accurate and reliable sources.

Gotcha.

And you can say with certainty climate has changed. Wow.

Its a wonder people have not asked you for your data and claims since you are so certain.

So all the holes from the scientists, lets have your rebuttals with sources.
But before that, your data and paper please so we can ALL decide, some are not comfortable with the WORD of an old religious nutcase from Texas.

Have you read the paper posted yet? The evidence... There are many more not from old men in Texas.

xrayzebra
05-09-2014, 02:08 PM
So your experience and record keeping as an old man from Texas trumps claims from scientists around the world looking at worldwide data from far more accurate and reliable sources.

Gotcha.

And you can say with certainty climate has changed. Wow.

Its a wonder people have not asked you for your data and claims since you are so certain.

So all the holes from the scientists, lets have your rebuttals with sources.
But before that, your data and paper please so we can ALL decide, some are not comfortable with the WORD of an old religious nutcase from Texas.

Have you read the paper posted yet? The evidence... There are many more not from old men in Texas.

University of East Anglia emails: the most contentious quotes
Here are a selection of quotes from the emails stolen from computers at the University of East Anglia. Many involve Phil Jones, head of the university's Climatic Research Unit.

2:56PM GMT 23 Nov 2009

CommentsComment

"I've just completed Mike's Nature [the science journal] trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie, from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."

Critics cite this as evidence that data was manipulated to mask the fact that global temperatures are falling. Prof Jones claims the meaning of "trick" has been misinterpreted

From Phil Jones To: Michael Mann (Pennsylvania State University). July 8, 2004
"I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report. Kevin and I will keep them out somehow — even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"
Related Articles

Scientist at centre of leaked email row stands by his findings
25 Nov 2009

Climategate: Phil Jones accused of error of judgment
03 Dec 2009

Climate scientists are losing the public debate on global warming
08 Apr 2012

Is climate change debate misleading?
24 Nov 2009

Climate change scientists face calls for public inquiry over data manipulation claims
24 Nov 2009

The IPCC is the UN body charged with monitoring climate change. The scientists did not want it to consider studies that challenge the view that global warming is genuine and man-made.

From: Kevin Trenberth (US National Center for Atmospheric Research). To: Michael Mann. Oct 12, 2009
"The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't... Our observing system is inadequate"

Prof Trenberth appears to accept a key argument of global warming sceptics - that there is no evidence temperatures have increased over the past 10 years.

“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.”

Prof Jones appears to be lobbying for the dismissal of the editor of Climate Research, a scientific journal that published papers downplaying climate change.

From Phil Jones. To: Michael Mann. Date: May 29, 2008
"Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4? Keith will do likewise."

Climate change sceptics tried to use Freedom of Information laws to obtain raw climate data submitted to an IPCC report known as AR4. The scientists did not want their email exchanges about the data to be made public.

From: Michael Mann. To: Phil Jones and Gabi Hegerl (University of Edinburgh). Date: Aug 10, 2004
"Phil and I are likely to have to respond to more crap criticisms from the idiots in the near future."

The scientists make no attempt to hide their disdain for climate change sceptics who request more information about their work.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/globalwarming/6636563/University-of-East-Anglia-emails-the-most-contentious-quotes.html

A new batch of emails purportedly stolen from the servers at the University of East Anglia were posted online Tuesday, echoing the 2009 data breach dubbed "Climategate" that turned the world's attention to the internal debates among scientists hoping to determine whether man's actions are warming the planet.

Excerpts from the emails posted on climate skeptic websites are certainly eye-opening:

<1939> Thorne/MetO: Observations do not show rising temperatures throughout the tropical troposphere unless you accept one single study and approach and discount a wealth of others. This is just downright dangerous. We need to communicate the uncertainty and be honest.

<3066> Thorne: I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political spin on it, which for all our sakes might not be too clever in the long run.

<4755> Overpeck: The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to guid[e] what’s included and what is left out.

The leak comes less than a week before the latest United Nations meeting intended to control carbon emissions and monitor the world's climate -- a fact underscored in a document that accompanied the leaked emails.

"Today’s decisions should be based on all the information we can get, not on hiding the decline," the anonymous document states, a reference to a comment from the first batch of emails that became a rallying point for climate skeptics.

The University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit -- a key center of climate study and the source of the leaked emails -- immediately issued a statement blasting the release and its timing.

"These emails have the appearance of having been held back after the theft of data and emails in 2009 to be released at a time designed to cause maximum disruption to the imminent international climate talks," the school stated.

University of East Anglia spokesman Simon Dunford nonetheless told the Associated Press that a small sample examined by the university "appears to be genuine" -- although the school stated that they did not seem to be recent emails.

"While we have had only a limited opportunity to look at this latest post of 5,000 emails, we have no evidence of a recent breach of our systems," the statement reads.

FoxNews.com downloaded the documents, which appear to have been taken down from the Russian website that had been hosting them.

And the anonymous source of the latest leaked emails -- a 173MB zip file called "FOIA2011" containing more than 5,000 new emails and made briefly available on Russian server Sinwt.ru -- remains unclear. The perpetrator of the original hack has yet to be unmasked, although British police have said their investigation is still active.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/22/climategate-20-more-emails-leaked-from-climate-researchers/

And then what you can learn in church:

Matthew 16:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

16 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.

2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.

3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

And finally:

Job 12:12

New International Version (NIV)

12 Is not wisdom found among the aged?
Does not long life bring understanding?

xrayzebra
05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
boutons:

Sea level has been rising at a rate of 1.8 mm per year for the past 8,000 years. The IPCC notes that “No significant acceleration in the rate of sea level rise during the 20th century has been detected.” Unless there is another Little Ice Age, they will continue rising at roughly this rate for centuries to come. As to open water in the Arctic, it happens every year in late summer—following weeks in the 40s and 50s.

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/faqs-and-myths#11

boutons_deux
05-09-2014, 02:26 PM
South Carolina’s Solution To Sea Level Rise: Build More Walls (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/05/09/3436204/south-carolina-seawalls/)

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Seawall-638x424.jpg

In a move lawmakers hope will protect a wealthy golf community’s beachfront homes from mounting sea level rise, a South Carolina House committee on Thursday voted to advance a bill allowing Debordieu Beach to build new seawalls, despite protests from coastal protection advocates who say the walls will ultimately do nothing to protect the beach or the homes.

The state House’s Natural Resources and Agriculture Committee voted 17-1 for the bill, whichmany predict (http://www.thestate.com/2014/05/08/3434707/upscale-beach-community-scores.html?sp=/99/132/312/169/) will end up weakening South Carolina’s longstanding law against new seawalls. Seawalls, artificial structures designed to protect buildings from coastal erosion and storm surge, are controversial because they commonly result in loss of the actual beach, preventing it from naturally moving inward as it erodes. The buildings remain in the short-term, but the beach disappears.

South Carolina environmentalists are labeling the vote as another example of their state government attempting to put a band-aid on the worsening problem of erosion and sea level rise, instead of limiting beachfront development and helping people move away from the disappearing beach.

“They see it as protecting homeowner investment — that it’s about the homes, not about the beach,” Nancy Cave, north coast director of the state’s Coastal Conservation League, told ThinkProgress. “They do not understand or even acknowledge that the seawall causes more erosion in front of the seawall. It is in many ways a short-term solution.”

Debordieu Beach, she says, is a resort community located on one of the state’s barrier islands. Over the past 25 years, erosion has claimed more than 1,000 acres of those islands — a trend that scientists anticipate (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/12/02/3008501/south-carolina-erosion/) will only increase with climate change.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/05/09/3436204/south-carolina-seawalls/

FuzzyLumpkins
05-09-2014, 03:23 PM
thinkprogress and alternet are boutons spamming gotos. I have been hoping he would pull his head out of his ass an realize that using such sources get the same reaction from everybody as say Fox gets for bouties but he blithely carries on. In many ways he is just as pigheaded as the other local idiot, WC.

boutons_deux
05-09-2014, 03:23 PM
thinkprogress and alternet are boutons spamming gotos. I have been hoping he would pull his head out of his ass an realize that using such sources get the same reaction from everybody as say Fox gets for bouties but he blithely carries on. In many ways he is just as pigheaded as the other local idiot, WC.

:lol FuzzyBrains

FuzzyLumpkins
05-09-2014, 03:31 PM
:lol FuzzyBrains

I am hardly the only one who mocks your sources. Your method is not going to appeal to reason because most people -especially those that don't share your opinions- are not going to find your sources reasonable.

I am an adversarial jerk but even I know that if I am trying to make an argument that will be convincing to people with different beliefs, i am going to present evidence from sources my audience will find credible. You have no conception of that and we get to watch you masturbate. it's tiresome frankly.

boutons_deux
05-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I am hardly the only one who mocks your sources. Your method is not going to appeal to reason because most people -especially those that don't share your opinions- are not going to find your sources reasonable.

I am an adversarial jerk but even I know that if I am trying to make an argument that will be convincing to people with different beliefs, i am going to present evidence from sources my audience will find credible. You have no conception of that and we get to watch you masturbate. it's tiresome frankly.

dickless chicken shit! safety in numbers! :lol

FuzzyBrains is so so tired! :lol

DarrinS
05-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Anyone been watching "Years of Living Dangerously" on Showtime?

If so, you're a rare breed.

http://weaselzippers.us/183649-showtimes-hollywood-moonbat-filled-global-warming-disaster-series-years-of-living-dangerously-beaten-in-tv-ratings-by-bobs-burgers-reruns/

pgardn
05-09-2014, 07:39 PM
University of East Anglia emails: the most contentious quotes
Here are a selection of quotes from the emails stolen from computers at the University of East Anglia. Many involve Phil Jones, head of the university's Climatic Research Unit.

2:56PM GMT 23 Nov 2009

CommentsComment

"I've just completed Mike's Nature [the science journal] trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie, from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."

Critics cite this as evidence that data was manipulated to mask the fact that global temperatures are falling. Prof Jones claims the meaning of "trick" has been misinterpreted

From Phil Jones To: Michael Mann (Pennsylvania State University). July 8, 2004
"I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report. Kevin and I will keep them out somehow — even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"
Related Articles

Scientist at centre of leaked email row stands by his findings
25 Nov 2009

Climategate: Phil Jones accused of error of judgment
03 Dec 2009

Climate scientists are losing the public debate on global warming
08 Apr 2012

Is climate change debate misleading?
24 Nov 2009

Climate change scientists face calls for public inquiry over data manipulation claims
24 Nov 2009

The IPCC is the UN body charged with monitoring climate change. The scientists did not want it to consider studies that challenge the view that global warming is genuine and man-made.

From: Kevin Trenberth (US National Center for Atmospheric Research). To: Michael Mann. Oct 12, 2009
"The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't... Our observing system is inadequate"

Prof Trenberth appears to accept a key argument of global warming sceptics - that there is no evidence temperatures have increased over the past 10 years.

“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.”

Prof Jones appears to be lobbying for the dismissal of the editor of Climate Research, a scientific journal that published papers downplaying climate change.

From Phil Jones. To: Michael Mann. Date: May 29, 2008
"Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4? Keith will do likewise."

Climate change sceptics tried to use Freedom of Information laws to obtain raw climate data submitted to an IPCC report known as AR4. The scientists did not want their email exchanges about the data to be made public.

From: Michael Mann. To: Phil Jones and Gabi Hegerl (University of Edinburgh). Date: Aug 10, 2004
"Phil and I are likely to have to respond to more crap criticisms from the idiots in the near future."

The scientists make no attempt to hide their disdain for climate change sceptics who request more information about their work.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/globalwarming/6636563/University-of-East-Anglia-emails-the-most-contentious-quotes.html

A new batch of emails purportedly stolen from the servers at the University of East Anglia were posted online Tuesday, echoing the 2009 data breach dubbed "Climategate" that turned the world's attention to the internal debates among scientists hoping to determine whether man's actions are warming the planet.

Excerpts from the emails posted on climate skeptic websites are certainly eye-opening:

<1939> Thorne/MetO: Observations do not show rising temperatures throughout the tropical troposphere unless you accept one single study and approach and discount a wealth of others. This is just downright dangerous. We need to communicate the uncertainty and be honest.

<3066> Thorne: I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political spin on it, which for all our sakes might not be too clever in the long run.

<4755> Overpeck: The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to guid[e] what’s included and what is left out.

The leak comes less than a week before the latest United Nations meeting intended to control carbon emissions and monitor the world's climate -- a fact underscored in a document that accompanied the leaked emails.

"Today’s decisions should be based on all the information we can get, not on hiding the decline," the anonymous document states, a reference to a comment from the first batch of emails that became a rallying point for climate skeptics.

The University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit -- a key center of climate study and the source of the leaked emails -- immediately issued a statement blasting the release and its timing.

"These emails have the appearance of having been held back after the theft of data and emails in 2009 to be released at a time designed to cause maximum disruption to the imminent international climate talks," the school stated.

University of East Anglia spokesman Simon Dunford nonetheless told the Associated Press that a small sample examined by the university "appears to be genuine" -- although the school stated that they did not seem to be recent emails.

"While we have had only a limited opportunity to look at this latest post of 5,000 emails, we have no evidence of a recent breach of our systems," the statement reads.

FoxNews.com downloaded the documents, which appear to have been taken down from the Russian website that had been hosting them.

And the anonymous source of the latest leaked emails -- a 173MB zip file called "FOIA2011" containing more than 5,000 new emails and made briefly available on Russian server Sinwt.ru -- remains unclear. The perpetrator of the original hack has yet to be unmasked, although British police have said their investigation is still active.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/22/climategate-20-more-emails-leaked-from-climate-researchers/

And then what you can learn in church:

Matthew 16:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

16 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.

2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.

3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

And finally:

Job 12:12

New International Version (NIV)

12 Is not wisdom found among the aged?
Does not long life bring understanding?

So we can throw Job out immediately in your case...
Wisdom, more like I'm old and I can't change my mind as data develops.

Imo we will adjust to said changes. But, to say they are in no way produced by our activity is ludicrous given what we know at this time. A key activity in science is skepticism, to bad you won't apply it.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-10-2014, 01:20 AM
dickless chicken shit! safety in numbers! :lol

FuzzyBrains is so so tired! :lol

Willful stupidity. As I said before, your approach never makes an argument that appeals to reason because you use unreasonable sources for evidence.

Posting shit from dailykos, nakedcapitalism, alternet and similar sites is a waste of time. Do you really think other people read them and are convinced? If you do realize that then I wonder what your motive is because you are not changing minds. If anything you are making people less likely to agree with you.

You ever going to ever address my point or are you going to go the route of sbm and dissemble behind smilies?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-10-2014, 01:22 AM
sbm is actually a good analog. boutons is to sbm as dailykos is to infowars.

boutons_deux
05-10-2014, 08:43 AM
FuzzyBrains is really really butthurt.

xrayzebra
05-10-2014, 10:21 AM
pgardn:

A key activity in science is skepticism, to bad you won't apply it.

I cant believe you actually posted this........:lmao

boutons_deux
05-10-2014, 10:24 AM
The East-Anglia-Gate so loved and hyped and LIED ABOUT by BigCarbon shills, Fox, AGW deniers has been totally debunked.

pgardn
05-10-2014, 10:41 AM
pgardn:

I cant believe you actually posted this........:lmao

You get your Science from a church, that's your application old man.
You have not a clue as to the difference between science and religion.
Being skeptical does not mean refuting evidence because it does not suit YOUR PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS.

Its apparent you cannot pry yourself from your beliefs even when a mass of evidence points the other way.

pgardn
05-10-2014, 10:46 AM
The East-Anglia-Gate so loved and hyped and LIED ABOUT by BigCarbon shills, Fox, AGW deniers has been totally debunked.

This is such an old tired place for old tired men to hide so they can hold their old tired notions close and comfortably.

Wild Cobra
05-10-2014, 11:37 AM
FuzzyBrains is really really butthurt.
LOL... I have him on IGNORE!

With you saying that, I'm going to have to do a "view post" on some now.