PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Larry Brown To LeBron: Great players aren’t teammates

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 09:47 PM
:lmao pretty much invalidating his rings.

Unlike LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, Brown says great players like Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson would never join forces to form a championship team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/larry-brown-lebron-great-players-110000351.html

Leetonidas
03-12-2014, 09:49 PM
you don't even try anymore do you

StrengthAndHonor
03-12-2014, 09:49 PM
That's cold :lol

FkLA
03-12-2014, 09:51 PM
He must not consider Kobe and Shaq great players then since he lost to them in '01. Self-ownage on your part, Kool. :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 09:55 PM
He must not consider Kobe and Shaq great players then since he lost to them in '01. Self-ownage on your part, Kool. :lol

if anyone is gonna own me I'd rather it be me...but truth be told you're not even close...look at his statement again young blood..Kobe was a no body when he joined the Lakers...he shot 3 straight air balls against Utah..Shaq and Kobe grew together once Kobe came into his own...Wade was the man on his team, Bosh was the man, and Bron was the man....even Ray Charles can see what you can't

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Kobe didn't come into his own until his 3rd yr in...Brown's statement is specific to switching teams. MJ and Magic, and Bird would have never done it...real true competitors don't do shit like that

DPG21920
03-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Pity post. Not worth responding due to obvious reasons.

Thebesteva
03-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Truth hurts. Only Pussies and Koreans support such cowardly moves

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Pity post. Not worth responding due to obvious reasons.

^ you got serious mommy issues...you're fooling one one but yourself...everyone knows you're attached to Kools balls like a barnacles to a ship

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Truth hurts. Only Pussies and Koreans support such cowardly moves

MJ with the phucking hamma!!!

lefty
03-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Magic?
The same Magic who didn't want to be drafted by Chicago, so he could join forces with Kareem and the Lakers?

To the point where he threatened to play 1 more year in college if the Bulls drafted him?

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Magic?
The same Magic who didn't want to be drafted by Chicago, so he could join forces with Kareem and the Lakers?

To the point where he threatened to play 1 more year in college if the Bulls drafted him?

Spur fan bout to get shat on in this thread....how come you niggas trynna compare college players to the pro's? No one knew Magic was gonna end up being Showtime Magic and no one knew Kobe drafted 13th would end up being the 2nd greatest player of all-time behind MJ...you numnuts are comparing apples and oranges...

kobe4life
03-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Great Satan knew what he was doing when he got Bosh and Wade to sell their souls to him. He doesn't deserve any credit for his titles because he teamed up with 2 superstars to get it.

FkLA
03-12-2014, 10:19 PM
:lol Everyone knew Kobe was going to be something. Thats like saying if Bron wouldve forced his way out of Cleveland and gotten traded to a solid playoff team before his rookie year then it wouldve been ok.

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:22 PM
:lol Everyone knew Kobe was going to be something. Thats like saying if Bron wouldve forced his way out of Cleveland and gotten traded to Miami before his rookie year then it wouldve been ok.

ohh yeah...then why was he drafted at 13...not even top 10...a few knew it in fact only one person knew it and it was Jerry West....again now you make the leap from comparing Bona-fide NBA stars like Wade (who had a ring), Bosh (who was an all star), Bron (who'd been to the Finals and was a multiple MVP winner) to a high school kid named Kobe?

the fuck outta here with that shit mane

spurraider21
03-12-2014, 10:24 PM
:cry great players like magic dont join other greats
:cry ignore the fact that he began his career teamed up with fucking jabbar

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:26 PM
:cry great players like magic dont join other greats
:cry ignore the fact that he began his career teamed up with fucking jabbar

fact is he was a rookie he wasn't a great player then just had potential...Bron, Wade, Bosh all certified All-Stars

spurraider21
03-12-2014, 10:28 PM
not the point. its easy to sit on a high horse and say "you shouldn't team up with others." lebron's best teammate in 7 years on cleveland was mo williams. kobe started his career with shaq, or else he would not have rang until 2009 at the earliest. magic started his career with a great like kareem. those kinds of guys didnt have to leave to get better teammates, they were gifted them from the start.

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:33 PM
not the point. its easy to sit on a high horse and say "you shouldn't team up with others." lebron's best teammate in 7 years on cleveland was mo williams. kobe started his career with shaq, or else he would not have rang until 2009 at the earliest. magic started his career with a great like kareem. those kinds of guys didnt have to leave to get better teammates, they were gifted them from the start.

it is the point..fact is none of those players quit on their teams and abandoned their friends just because they had no heart to stay the course. Shaq had won nothing prior to joining the Lakers...and we kept losing with him...it wasn't until Kobe decided he wanted to be a great player that it all changed for Shaq...Shaq had Penny and a GREAT team in Orlando and he went to Laker team that was less talanted that what he had in Orlando..I like this thread because I like seeing you clowns squirm at trying to find an answer and trying to insinuate Kobe was a great player his first 3 yrs in..especially when you basj him 24/7...I call this being in a conundrum...LOL

DPG21920
03-12-2014, 10:34 PM
SMH at Spur fan in this thread.

kobe4life
03-12-2014, 10:34 PM

The Great Satan had an all-star big in Big Z in a league where that is scarce. He choked in '09 and '10 when he had the home court advantage.

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:42 PM
The Great Satan had an all-star big in Big Z in a league where that is scarce. He choked in '09 and '10 when he had the home court advantage.

remember when that nigga faked that Elbow injury in 2010 against Boston because he wanted no parts of potentially going to the finals to see Kobe...either that or he was planning his exit strategy and wanted to use losing as an excuse..I lost all respect when he faked that injury..even Mike Brown question him on the court at that point..here's another example of him faking injuries he's adept at it:

Lebron James FAKES AN INJURY + GRABS THE WRONG LEG! (http://www.therundown.tv/videos/wtf-files/lebron-james-fakes-an-injury-grabs-the-wrong-leg/)

Read more http://www.therundown.tv/videos/wtf-files/lebron-james-fakes-an-injury-grabs-the-wrong-leg/

spurraider21
03-12-2014, 10:47 PM
it is the point..fact is none of those players quit on their teams and abandoned their friends just because they had no heart to stay the course. Shaq had won nothing prior to joining the Lakers...and we kept losing with him...it wasn't until Kobe decided he wanted to be a great player that it all changed for Shaq...Shaq had Penny and a GREAT team in Orlando and he went to Laker team that was less talanted that what he had in Orlando..I like this thread because I like seeing you clowns squirm at trying to find an answer and trying to insinuate Kobe was a great player his first 3 yrs in..especially when you basj him 24/7...I call this being in a conundrum...LOL
i never once insinuated kobe was a great player in his first 3 years. but over the course of him getting better, he didn't have to look around and find a great teammate, he had one all along. that is a luxury a guy like lebron never had. and keep in mind that kobe tried to quit on the lakers, he visibly quit in game 7 vs suns, then demanded a trade because he didn't have enough help.

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:51 PM
i never once insinuated kobe was a great player in his first 3 years. but over the course of him getting better, he didn't have to look around and find a great teammate, he had one all along. that is a luxury a guy like lebron never had. and keep in mind that kobe tried to quit on the lakers, he visibly quit in game 7 vs suns, then demanded a trade because he didn't have enough help.

you're missing one big elephant in the room...Lebron played in the JV or Leastern Conference...Kobe played in the tough West...everyone and their mama knows that going through the WCF was basically like winning the title given how brutally tough it was during Kobe and Duncan's prime years. Lebron had Z who was an all-star and tons of very good and serviceable teamamates...that's all it took in the Least...how do you think he made it to the finals that one year..He was always guaranteed a spot it's just that he would have gotten beat by any team that made it out the West...

He flaked out and quit on his home city...Kobe proved that he could win without Shaq..Kobe's back to back team is far weaker than Lebron's current back to back team..that's the real measuring stick

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 10:56 PM
and lastly Kobe was doing what I called Sabre rattling..at no point in his career has Bron played with the likes of Smush Parker and fucking Chucky Atkins..get a clue numnuts

spurraider21
03-12-2014, 11:05 PM
and lastly Kobe was doing what I called Sabre rattling..at no point in his career has Bron played with the likes of Smush Parker and fucking Chucky Atkins..get a clue numnuts
he had booby gibson starting at point guard in the finals

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 11:23 PM
he had booby gibson starting at point guard in the finals

if you can make it to the finals with Tit face Gibson then it proves he's had it easy his whole career...fact is he was facing a prime Tony Parker and that wasn't an easy match-up for anyone. Gibson > Smush / Chucky Atkins

spurraider21
03-12-2014, 11:33 PM
if you can make it to the finals with Tit face Gibson then it proves he's had it easy his whole career...fact is he was facing a prime Tony Parker and that wasn't an easy match-up for anyone. Gibson > Smush / Chucky Atkins
he went through the pistons to get to those finals, not an easy task. i wouldn't call that "proof he's had it easy his whole career." try to remember how dominant he was that series, particularly in game 5.

tbh its weird having an actual basketball discussion

Koolaid_Man
03-12-2014, 11:53 PM
he went through the pistons to get to those finals, not an easy task. i wouldn't call that "proof he's had it easy his whole career." try to remember how dominant he was that series, particularly in game 5.

ohh yeah that's right...fuck off back to being Kool...

Koolaid_Man
03-13-2014, 12:03 AM

fact is the Pistons being one and done was easily predicted in fact I predicted it...they slew Goliath (Lakers) so it was all downhill after that..there was nothing more to accomplish..so Lebron naturally faces them after they're now fat cats..living good and high on the hill after dethroning Shaq and Kobe...that was the pinnacle for them..it's the same gotdam reason Durant wont' win a title...the Thunder spent their whole careers trying to find a clue as to how to stop Kobe and the Lakers...when they finally cracked the glass ceiling they made it to the finals and promptly laid a goose egg of sorts against the Heat...it seems that when people finally beat Kobe it's like all their dreams have been accomplished and they give up trying :lol

Rogue
03-13-2014, 04:52 AM
Kobe was just a #13 drafted rookie when Shaq came to LA imho, averaging less than 10pts in his rookie season. Kobe grew into a superstar and won 3 in a streak with daddy, but it's essentially different from two or more established stars joining force together to win rings imho. Same goes for Spurs star trio that won them rings in 03, 05 and 07.