PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: 2014 MVP models scoring and competitiveness after Kobe

RsxPiimp
03-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Kevin Durant really, really (really) respects Kobe Bryant.

Speaking with the Los Angeles Daily News' Mark Medina, the Oklahoma City Thunder superstar didn't duck questions of Bryant's influence and talent, readily putting him in the company of Michael Jordan.

"He’s the greatest of all time. His skill is second to none. Him and MJ are neck and neck as far as skill," Durant said. "Kobe is the top two best ever in just having skill, footwork, shooting the 3, shooting the pull-up, posting up, dunking on guys and ball handling. Kobe and Jordan are 1 and 1A."

While Bryant will certainly be remembered as one of the all-time greats, Durant isn't calling him the absolute best ever. Skill is different from resume, just as athleticism isn't the same thing as talent. Just because Durant is saying Bryant has the skills necessary to be pitted alongside Jordan, doesn't mean he's suggesting Bryant is better than Jordan.

Durant goes on to admit he called Bryant late one night for advice while mulling how to model his game. He isn't the first active superstar to wax respect and admiration for the Black Mamba, and he won't be the last. He wanted to sleep, but his mind raced. Durant wondered the different ways he could carve up defenses with his prolific scoring. Durant also worried about further elevating his teammates.

Durant then texted a friend, who both would have answers and be up at an ungodly hour.

Kobe Bryant.

“I was picking his brain a little bit. He’s one of those guys who’s a night owl so he picked the phone up,” Durant said of the Lakers’ star. “That’s something I’ll always remember. When we play each other, it’s better now that we have that relationship because there’s always bragging rights.”

:hat

Clipper Nation
03-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Durbeta's done a shit job of modeling his scoring after Kirby because he's actually efficient, but it's clear that he got his beta behavior from Kirby :lol

Bynumite
03-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Kobe would have put Westbrook in his place by now. Durant is too worried about how he's perceived by the media and public to do something.

Splits
03-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Hope he never asks Kirbs where to stay when visiting Colorado

Bynumite
03-13-2014, 07:09 PM

But Durant sure knows how to butt fuck the spurs in the playoffs. Must have asked Kobe.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Kobe is the most skilled scorer of all-time, tbh, I agree with Durant..no other player in NBA history, outside of maybe Vince and T-Mac, could make shots at the same degree of difficulty as Kobe..

It's too bad his career ended at age 34, though, I would have liked to see how his skill could have translated to old age..

Thread
03-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Kobe is the most skilled scorer of all-time, tbh, I agree with Durant..no other player in NBA history, outside of maybe Vince and T-Mac, could make shots at the same degree of difficulty as Kobe..

It's too bad his career ended at age 34, though, I would have liked to see how his skill could have translated to old age..

..I'll just bet you would have.

RsxPiimp
03-13-2014, 07:26 PM

@Harlem

kobe4life
03-13-2014, 07:46 PM
I hope God can teach the Servant on how to be an alpha and give him some good pointers on how to take out the Great Satan.

Thread
03-13-2014, 08:49 PM

I hit an 85 in Scotland this afternoon.

tee, hee.

lefty
04-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Yup.

Pretty much

Brunodf
04-25-2014, 12:16 AM
i see what you did here:lol