PDA

View Full Version : I need sympathy.

Summers
08-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, really, I just need to vent. :lol You don't have to answer--I just think I'd feel better if I told you how crappy I feel tonight.

My sister-in-law died Tuesday night. She was 47 and died of an asthma attack. WTF? She has 2 kids in high school, and the 18-year-old girl just had a baby. I wasn't really that close to her, but it's very sad. The funeral isn't until Sunday, but I drove up there today (hour and a half drive) to help my mom straighten up the house because of all the people who are showing up, and I made a bunch of food and took it over in tupperwares so that my brother doesn't have to worry about how to feed all those people. It's what I do in a crisis. I don't know how to do anything else, so I feed people.

On the way home, I was in a four-car pile-up on I-35. Oh, my God! The curse is real! :lol Luckily, nobody was hurt and it was all fairly minor damage, but my baby was really scared and wouldn't stop crying and I couldn't get my car to start. It's a retired police cruiser, so when the cop showed up, he flipped some magic button in the trunk and it came back on. We only have one car, so I was worried it would have to be towed and we'd have to figure out an alternate way to get to the funeral Sunday.

Oh, and I started my period yesterday. I hate the whole world.

midgetonadonkey
08-05-2005, 09:25 PM
That sucks. Hope everything turns out better sometime.

timvp
08-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Wow. R.I.P. and good luck to you.

*tiptoes out of thread*

Kori Ellis
08-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Summers, my condolences to you and your family.:(

And I'm sorry about your car accident. At least you and your baby weren't injured.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Summers
08-05-2005, 09:28 PM
*decides to put knife down and just eat pizza instead* :lol

Thank y'all. :)

Horry For 3!
08-05-2005, 09:28 PM
That sucks. Hope everything turns out for the good.

Sense
08-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Wow. R.I.P. and good luck to you.

*tiptoes out of thread*

:lol

My thoughts exactly.

ShoogarBear
08-05-2005, 09:41 PM
My condolences.

Umm, for everything except the period, I guess. I'm not sure what the proper response is there. Congratulations maybe, if you're not trying to get pregnant?

Summers
08-05-2005, 09:46 PM
My condolences.

Umm, for everything except the period, I guess. I'm not sure what the proper response is there. Congratulations maybe, if you're not trying to get pregnant?

:) Actually, we've been hoping to get pregnant again since we had the first one over 2 years ago. It took us 4 years to conceive him. It used to be a really touchy subject for me and every period made me really depressed for a few days. Now that I have my son, it's not so traumatic, but, yeah, I'd rather be pregnant. But I wasn't going to bitch about that here. :lol

And, really, thank y'all for your kind words. It feels better just to feel like you can vent a little and someone's listening.

Solid D
08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Summers. You actually brought some strength and substance to the whole situation by going into action & making food and filling some real needs for your brother and family members. I'm sure you can pool your resources from friends or relatives and get the transportation figured out.

May God bless you during this rough time and give strength.

ObiwanGinobili
08-05-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss...

and car accidents suck! But it's good to hear that you and your bbay are A OK. :tu

as for the period.. it'll be gone by next week! :)

Flea
08-05-2005, 11:03 PM
My condolences Summer. I have a child that is an asthmatic and we have had some scary moments in the past.

Thank goodness the accident was not serious.

spurschick
08-06-2005, 09:49 AM
That is definitely what I would call a bad day, but that day is over now. I'm glad that nobody was hurt. My condolences to your family.

angel_luv
08-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry Summer!

I said a prayer for you and your family.