PDA

View Full Version : Nice little feature on det dude Beli

Dex
03-14-2014, 09:29 AM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2014/03/12/BelinelliFeatureWebcopy1mov-3191640

So glad the Spurs were able to bring this guy in. Seems like a Spur through and through, genuinely liked in the locker room and perfect for the system. Marco also brings that edge of excitement to the game that only Manu used to be able to contribute, and knowing the history between those two makes the dynamic M&M duo even that much more intriguing to watch.

Now he just needs to bring the coconuts for the playoffs.

peacemaker885
03-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Awesome video. Could he be the difference maker? I hope so.

Seventyniner
03-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Awesome video. Could he be the difference maker? I hope so.

He should be a damn sight better than Neal.

Spur|n|Austin
03-14-2014, 11:06 AM
He was the perfect addition this summer; like any business, you want to have employees who actually want to be there.

JMGpp
03-14-2014, 11:06 AM
I think itīs really important how his addition and Diaw and Mills transformation have impacted in the mood of the team. After last year everyone predicted that the spurs would be mentally gassed out but I just simply canīt remember any team having this much fun playing together. Theyīre not only executing but also having a shitload of fun.

Mugen
03-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Just the perfect fit tbh. On a related note, Gary was recently benched by the Bobocats over an "internal team matter"

Old School 44
03-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Marco is an incredible fit with this team and I have no doubt he will bring the "coconuts" in the playoffs. Has anyone come to the Spurs and fit in so seamlessly?

Dex
03-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Marco is an incredible fit with this team and I have no doubt he will bring the "coconuts" in the playoffs. Has anyone come to the Spurs and fit in so seamlessly?

Marco reminds me a lot of Barry with the Spurs, but IIRC it took Brent a good season or two to really get comfortable (was always battling for minutes with Devin effing Brown).

Old School 44
03-14-2014, 11:33 AM
I can see the Brent/Marco comparisons, but probably the closest to the "seamless" fit with the team was Diaw. I think it could have been even better if Diaw would have been acquired at the beginning of the year instead of in the middle. Probably helped both Boris and Marco considerably, that they came with an instant buffer for Pop, in Tony and Manu respectively.

Spur|n|Austin
03-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Just the perfect fit tbh. On a related note, Gary was recently beached by the Bobocats over an "internal team matter"

http://i.imgur.com/DP9PISH.png

DrSteffo
03-14-2014, 12:12 PM
After last year everyone predicted that the spurs would be mentally gassed out but I just simply canīt remember any team having this much fun playing together. People who have followed the Spurs over the years did not predict they would be mentally gassed out at all. I didn't expect them to be. I don't think Pop expected them to be either. I think that at least some of the players might regard this idea as a joke. Beli has the right attitude and I doubt he needs therapy sessions to stay motivated. Some Spurs fans on the other hand are incredibly soft (not talking about you). It is an interesting contrast. Cheers!

monkeypunk
03-14-2014, 12:15 PM

I'd throw Boris out there for seamless integrations...

NM, just saw your second post. Still true though... Perhaps it was the French connection but he came to play right from the start...

Old School 44
03-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Just the perfect fit tbh. On a related note, Gary was recently beached by the Bobocats over an "internal team matter"

I know you corrected it, but it was funnier when it was "beached". :lol

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/tcatz/GNeal_zps182d3920.jpg

Mugen
03-14-2014, 12:19 PM
I know you corrected it, but it was funnier when it was "beached". :lol

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/tcatz/GNeal_zps182d3920.jpg

:lol

timtonymanu
03-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Just the perfect fit tbh. On a related note, Gary was recently benched by the Bobocats over an "internal team matter"

Strange that Neal has already had locker room issues with his new teams. He never was like that with the Spurs. Seemed like a good teammate.

Spur|n|Austin
03-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Strange that Neal has already had locker room issues with his new teams. He never was like that with the Spurs. Seemed like a good teammate.

Says something about other teams' management and leadership really; Pop or his staff just don't stand for anything like that in the locker room.

weeks
03-14-2014, 01:56 PM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130127174416/lotr/images/d/df/Raven-info0.gif "belli is the worst sort of team cancer. this team is a first round exit because of his presence. he's worse than neal in every objective and subjective category"

Spur|n|Austin
03-14-2014, 01:57 PM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130127174416/lotr/images/d/df/Raven-info0.gif "belli is the worst sort of team cancer. this team is a first round exit because of his presence. he's worse than neal in every objective and subjective category"

Who said that?

ElNono
03-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Belli č incredibile. Ero un grande fan quando si č unito alla squadra.

Mikeanaro
03-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Who said that?
Raven

crellis
03-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Really cool video. I can't remember a guy in the Duncan era that the spurs have brought in over the offseason pick up the system so well and have a big impact. What I really noticed in this video is at the 2:58 mark when Belinelli makes the play for Splitter against the Blazers and there is Tim Duncan on his feet cheering the play - you don't see many superstars do that. He is a champion!

Phenomanul
03-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Love the added dynamic that Belli brings to the fray...