PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kevin Durant "Kobe and Michael are tied as GOAT"

Thebesteva
03-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Spurs fans...brace yourselves

“He's the greatest of all time. His skill is second to none. Him and MJ are neck and neck as far as skill,” Durant said. “Kobe is the top two best ever in just having skill, footwork, shooting the 3, shooting the pull-up, posting up, dunking on guys and ball handling. Kobe and Jordan are 1 and 1A."

Clipper Nation
03-14-2014, 03:52 PM
You seriously have to be trolling with this "post old news days after the fact" schtick :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-14-2014, 03:54 PM
He's just trying to troll Le_Hairline..that being said I agree with him 1000%...I'm now on the Thunder bandwagon.......Welcome to team Kool Durant.....I hear Jimmy is targeting Durant in 2016..

Do It CHAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medvedenko
03-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I'll take NBA players, coaches, executives, scouts old and new over the mouth breathers on this forum for evaluating talent and legacy.
Boiled Down: that's the bottom line.

Rogue
03-14-2014, 09:18 PM
There's only one God and his name is Kobe, who has no peers tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
03-14-2014, 09:46 PM
He said skill wise which isn't a reach. All time ranking? No. Kobe's a Top 10 player though.

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2014, 10:11 PM
He said skill-wise, which is accurate, Kobe is the most skilled player in NBA history IMO..

Larry Bird is the only other player in the conversation, tbh..

Koolaid_Man
03-14-2014, 10:12 PM
He said skill-wise, which is accurate, Kobe is the most skilled player in NBA history IMO..

Larry Bird is the only other player in the conversation, tbh..

shut the fuck up phaggot

Greg Oden
03-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Why does he shoot so shitty in the finals if he's such a skilled player.

kobe4life
03-14-2014, 10:29 PM
The Servant wants to be a follower of God its very apparent. This could be sign that The Servant will join forces with God in 2016.

CitizenDwayne
03-14-2014, 10:40 PM
:lol Servant

Beta respect beta

midnightpulp
03-14-2014, 10:49 PM
I'll take NBA players, coaches, executives, scouts old and new over the mouth breathers on this forum for evaluating talent and legacy.
Boiled Down: that's the bottom line.

Taking the opinions of "NBA people" seriously.

"Michael Jordan would average 45 points in today's NBA."

- 4x NBA Champion Horace Grant

You could fill a book with the stupid shit "NBA people" have said over the years.

TDMVPDPOY
03-14-2014, 11:13 PM
clearly trolling lebron atm

a servant has no business talking

RsxPiimp
03-14-2014, 11:43 PM

You could fill a book with the stupid shit "NBA people" have said over the years.
Their opinions hold more weight than your average armchair GM though.

Thebesteva
03-14-2014, 11:51 PM

No he wouldn't. You guys overrated the fucking hand check rule. Also, who is the toughest opponent MJ ever faced? Seriously now, the era wasnt as weak as it was today but I'd love to see the Bulls face the 2008 Celtics or these Heat. Reggie fucking miller took them to 7 games for Christ sakes

midnightpulp
03-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Their opinions hold more weight than your average armchair GM though.

Thing is you shouldn't expect a player, GM, or scout to give you an in depth analysis about anything when a reporter is fishing for quotes. Phil Jackson and Larry Brown have both gone "on record" that MJ would average 45-50 points in today's NBA. I seriously doubt they actually believe it.

midnightpulp
03-14-2014, 11:57 PM
No he wouldn't. You guys overrated the fucking hand check rule. Also, who is the toughest opponent MJ ever faced? Seriously now, the era wasnt as weak as it was today but I'd love to see the Bulls face the 2008 Celtics or these Heat. Reggie fucking miller took them to 7 games for Christ sakes

Of course he wouldn't. I cited the quote as an example of the dumb shit players and coaches have said over the years. Their word isn't gospel, and funny enough, for all the scorn us "armchair GMs" get, I read better analysis on here compared to what the talking heads on ESPN, NBATV, TNT, have to say.

HarlemHeat37
03-15-2014, 12:01 AM
:lol 95% of the people affiliated with the NBA would be broke/dead/in jail if they hadn't won the genetic lottery, tbh..they are some of the least intelligent people on the planet..

It's 2014, fans have access to virtually all the tools that NBA front offices have to analyze players, tbh..

I don't think it applies here, though, Kobe has a strong argument for being the most skilled player of all-time..unbelievable shot-maker, great footwork, good passer, solid post game, etc..

RsxPiimp
03-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Thing is you shouldn't expect a player, GM, or scout to give you an in depth analysis about anything when a reporter is fishing for quotes. Phil Jackson and Larry Brown have both gone "on record" that MJ would average 45-50 points in today's NBA. I seriously doubt they actually believe it.

Don't disagree. My response was directed towards other people with no real connection to the game other than box scores, stat sheets and watching casual NBA games.

Clipper Nation
03-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Kobe has a strong argument for being the most skilled player of all-time..unbelievable shot-maker, great footwork, good passer, solid post game, etc..
Imho, efficiency, shot selection, and unselfishness are the most important skills on offense, and Kirby fails miserably at all three....

Sean Cagney
03-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Why does he shoot so shitty in the finals if he's such a skilled player.

Jordan never had below 20 points in any finals game and never shot no damn 38% in two finals thats for sure. That is a fact.

Kobe is top ten of all times but he is not MIKE! Durant is too young to see prime Mike anyways so I don't give a fuck about what kids say on the subject.

dallasmaverickslose
03-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Kirby is top 10 all-time at best. Same with Queen James.

Cry Havoc
03-15-2014, 01:41 AM
Kirby is top 10 all-time at best. Same with Queen James.

James knocked kobe out of the top 10 IMO.

Thebesteva
03-15-2014, 03:29 AM
:lol 95% of the people affiliated with the NBA would be broke/dead/in jail if they hadn't won the genetic lottery, tbh..they are some of the least intelligent people on the planet..

It's 2014, fans have access to virtually all the tools that NBA front offices have to analyze players, tbh..

I don't think it applies here, though, Kobe has a strong argument for being the most skilled player of all-time..unbelievable shot-maker, great footwork, good passer, solid post game, etc..

well said

Bill_Brasky
03-15-2014, 03:39 AM
Lol no mention of defense
Lol greatest ever