PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?!? Computer people...help!

adrienne
08-05-2005, 11:27 PM
What the hell does this mean?

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmjb.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

adrienne
08-05-2005, 11:36 PM
If my music is gone.....heaven help us all....*shakes fist violently*....

Horry For 3!
It won't be gone.

Horry For 3!
Unless you delete it.

ShoogarBear
08-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Japanese Microsoft Windows Error Messages

In Japan, they have replaced the impersonal and unhelpful Microsoft error messages with their own Japanese haiku poetry, each only 17 syllables, five syllables in the first line, seven in the second, five in the third...

Your file was that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.

The Web site you seek
Cannot be located but
Countless more exist.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

Aborted effort:
Close all that you have worked on.
You ask far too much.

Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

First snow, then silence.
This thousand dollar screen dies
So beautifully.

With searching comes loss
And the presence of absence:
'My Novel' not found.

The Tao that is seen
Is not the true Tao until
You bring fresh toner.

Stay the patient course.
Of little worth is your ire.
The network is down.

A crash reduces
Your expensive computer
To a simple stone.

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.

You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky,
But we never will.

Having been erased,
The document you're seeking
Must now be retyped.

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

adrienne
08-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Those are lovely, honey, but unfortunately that doesn't fix my problem.:)

ZStomp
08-05-2005, 11:43 PM
If my music is gone.....heaven help us all....*shakes fist violently*....

Oh OH....

adrienne
08-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah yeah, you know you're afraid of my wrath, ZStomp.

:)

ZStomp
08-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah yeah, you know you're afraid of my wrath, ZStomp.

:)

I know. I know.

Please be gentle.

ChumpDumper
08-05-2005, 11:47 PM
just move all your music to a temp folder (purely a precaution), uninstall and reinstall Musicmatch. Actually I'd reboot and see if it works first....

Sense
08-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Get Winamp....

adrienne
08-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Ummm...so...I reinstalled musicmatch...and the plugin for a Dell DJ...and now all the files are wma I can't put any music onto the MP3 player...

....yes, I AM technology illiterate.

Chris
08-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Try going to musicmatch.com for technical help.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Horry For 3!
08-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Ummm...so...I reinstalled musicmatch...and the plugin for a Dell DJ...and now all the files are wma I can't put any music onto the MP3 player...

....yes, I AM technology illiterate.
That has to suck. BUT if you download Win-amp, you can play mp3 & wma files on there. I have Win-amp, it owns.

adrienne
08-06-2005, 12:29 AM
I can play them on the computer. That's not the problem. It's transferring them to my MP3 player that's the problem.

But I also realized it's just the new stuff that won't transfer. This has something to do with the music nazis that made me start paying for this stuff in the first place, I know it.

Nbadan
08-06-2005, 04:59 AM
I can play them on the computer. That's not the problem. It's transferring them to my MP3 player that's the problem.

But I also realized it's just the new stuff that won't transfer. This has something to do with the music nazis that made me start paying for this stuff in the first place, I know it.

Your exactly right. MusicMatch, along with Napster and other music services encode their files in WMA format making them impossible to play on IPOD. With Napster, your actually borrowing the music unless you cough up the $1 per song and even then, its hard to move to a portable device.

Either way, you should be able to copy the WMA music files in your musicmatch folder to a temporary directory. From there you'll need a WMA to MP3 sound converter many of which can be found for free on the web. Here (http://www.e-soft.co.uk/) is a batch converter called Audio Grabber although I've never tried it.

Slomo
08-06-2005, 05:25 AM
AAC encoding used by Apple's Itune Store (files that end with .m4p) and .wma files used by some other on line shops are both designed so that they encorporate DRM (Digital Rights Managements) which means that they control the number of copies you can make and where you can listen to them.

I am very opposed to free music downloading from the web (I haven't downloaded a single song yet), but the DRM implementation in the music you've actually paid for sux! So I have no moral reservation using tools that actually strip the DRM from the files. For AAC files these are useful links:
http://www.hymn-project.org/jhymndoc/
http://hymn-project.org/download.php