PDA

View Full Version : Lol @ de colo

jkid12456
03-15-2014, 09:36 PM
feeling sorry for that weak bugger. he's situation in toronto is worse than in san antonio. he gets no PT at all lol. last game he got 31 sec :)

dont no why he whined, he probably got the best situation here in the spurs. hes got french teamates, a lot of garbage time, and with the best team in the nba :lol

jARS mEsH sEt
03-15-2014, 09:54 PM
We're talking about a guy who initially thought he was "too good" for the D-league. He strikes me as a very prideful person and it's not surprising to me that he overrates his own abilities.

Sean Cagney
03-15-2014, 10:02 PM
This guy sucks, thank God we don't have to deal with that play NANDO crap anymore in here. He was horrible in the summer league for Gods sakes.

Blue Duck
03-16-2014, 12:22 AM
I thought he had potential. Just too many guards here. He played the point better than Neal, yet we all had to suffer through that seemingly endless project. I wish him well, hope he makes it.

Trainwreck2100
03-16-2014, 12:27 AM
He's gotten ass much playing time as daye has gotten here

justinandimcool
03-16-2014, 12:30 AM
We're talking about a guy who initially thought he was "too good" for the D-league. He strikes me as a very prideful person and it's not surprising to me that he overrates his own abilities.

He's right though- he's too good for the D-league, he anal rapes everyone every time he gets sent down.

However he's not good enough for rotation minutes on a playoff team.

NDC's talent is good for the 76ers or Bucks rotation, or in Europe tbh

ElNono
03-16-2014, 12:31 AM

nice sig, tbh

Mikeanaro
03-16-2014, 12:41 AM
I donīt feel like he deserves it but at the same time no sorry at all, he was a project and we had too many guards here but when he had playing time made some weird ass passes to nowhere and Pop found better answers in Patty Cojo Tony and maybe the whining was the drop that spilled the toilette.

Dex
03-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Dude got beat out of the rotation by Corey Joseph multiple times, for god's sake. And even the Foreign Legion didn't want to hang out with him.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-16-2014, 01:02 AM
nice sig, tbh

damnit nono let me lick my wounds in peace :lmao

ElNono
03-16-2014, 01:11 AM

:lol

Brazil
03-16-2014, 07:00 AM

I agree that's a cool sig

xmas1997
03-16-2014, 10:25 AM
He had height some moves, and potential.
Never panned out here.

stephen jackson
03-16-2014, 11:08 AM
i never liked him, but i can see him having the goran dragic type of career one day.

elemento
03-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Now he probably realizes how the Spurs took care of him and that other teams simply don't give a shit. I mean, even out of the rotation he played 300 minutes this season. He has played 10 minutes for Toronto so far.

I think he goes back to Europe in the end of the season.

td4mvp2k
03-16-2014, 12:01 PM
i can see him having the goran dragic type of career one day.
ya... in da euros...

exstatic
03-16-2014, 12:03 PM
i never liked him, but i can see him having the goran dragic type of career one day.

Nope. Dragic always had one solid NBA skill, even when he couldn't get minutes: deadeye 3 point shooting. He's also more focused and driven than Nando, who's a bit of an emo bitch.

Boomersgold
03-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Nope. Dragic always had one solid NBA skill, even when he couldn't get minutes: deadeye 3 point shooting. He's also more focused and driven than Nando, who's a bit of an emo bitch.
De Colo's one NBA-level skill is his passing.

exstatic
03-16-2014, 12:24 PM

With SA this year: 32 assts/21 TOs. Not a great ratio. Even Ginobili, in a bigger role over longer time playing against better rotation players, has close to a 2/1 ratio, and he's considered a scatter gun.

toki9
03-16-2014, 12:29 PM

i think dragic is much faster, too...and deceptively quick

KaiRMD1
03-16-2014, 12:37 PM
It won't be long before the ol' sport goes back to play in France

Kabals
03-16-2014, 12:47 PM
With SA this year: 32 assts/21 TOs. Not a great ratio. Even Ginobili, in a bigger role over longer time playing against better rotation players, has close to a 2/1 ratio, and he's considered a scatter gun.

This. Every time I see him trying to make a play he turns the ball over. He can't even do a kick out.

Budkin
03-16-2014, 02:02 PM
At least he can take solace in knowing he's not the worst player in the NBA. That mantle goes to Jeff Ayres.

BacktoBasics
03-16-2014, 02:38 PM
I donīt feel like he deserves it but at the same time no sorry at all, he was a project and we had too many guards here but when he had playing time made some weird ass passes to nowhere and Pop found better answers in Patty Cojo Tony and maybe the whining was the drop that spilled the toilette.As usual you can't see the forest from the trees. With the exception of all star talent pop loves guys who maximize their 1 or 2 strengths into a system role player. Its painfully clear that a guy like Nando would do much better in a less stringent more free roaming system. He didn't have enough Manu level talent to play that free willing type of ball for a coach like Pop. Going forward he'd shown just enough to price himself out of where he would fit on this team...barring a significant leap in production.

This is precisely why guys like Bonner have stuck around.

tholdren
03-16-2014, 04:56 PM
jesus christ
he had like 1 good pass in europe.... fucking rubio syndrome.

Texas_Ranger
03-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Like I said before. Nando will be in Europe next season.

aal04
03-16-2014, 05:27 PM
give the guy a break. He left everything he had in europe. Came here chasing a dream. Mentally he knows what he wants and hes willing to do anything for it. He just wants to play in the NBA. You get one chance in life. Hes rolling the dice hoping for some more minutes. Im glad he left sas because he wasnt fitting into our wants and needs, but there may be a system/team that needs a Nando. Its just not us.

Louae
03-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Never liked Nando. I'm glad he is gone. Soft player and reckless with the ball.

Biernutz
03-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Nando would be a starter on the Lakers........

Dex
03-17-2014, 10:07 PM
As a player, I'm glad De Colo is gone. He's talented, but just not developed enough, and he seemed like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole here. Not a good enough point to play the 1, not a good enough shooter to play the 2.

As a person, it's hard not to feel for the guy. He came to a new country as a rookie to play with two of his best friends from the national team. He had ample opportunity to succeed, but got de-railed by a number of factors, only one of which was his lacking ability. He seemed outcasted on his own team and by his own countrymen. He went and played in the DLeague and performed well there (albeit, begrudgingly) and was ready to play when called on. Now the Spurs move him to try to give him a new opportunity...and it appears he is stuck in the same rut he was stuck in San Antonio.

Sucks for De Colo, but I guess that's the league sometimes.

biskvito
03-17-2014, 10:27 PM
worst case scenario he gets to go to France :whine

Man In Black
03-18-2014, 02:22 AM
He got chances. He simply didn't shoot when the shot was there which made his game too predictable. He was Manu really lite with little to no fearlessness, and it that lacking quality is probably why he's talking more to French Canadians.

FkLA
03-18-2014, 02:58 AM
He is simply too slow and unathletic for the NBA, simple as that. That was apparent in his Euro vids even before he came over to the Spurs. He sucks.

travis2
03-18-2014, 05:55 AM
give the guy a break. He left everything he had in europe. Came here chasing a dream. Mentally he knows what he wants and hes willing to do anything for it. He just wants to play in the NBA. You get one chance in life. Hes rolling the dice hoping for some more minutes. Im glad he left sas because he wasnt fitting into our wants and needs, but there may be a system/team that needs a Nando. Its just not us.

Evidently not anything. He wasn't willing to work on his game to actually fit an NBA team.

TheyCallMePro
03-18-2014, 11:01 AM
He whined and bitched about not getting to play to French newspaper ALL THE TIME during the playoffs last year. It drove me crazy. I'm so glad we traded him. He should have been extremely grateful for the opportunity here but he acted like a spoiled brat.

I hope he's just freezing in Toronto.

toki9
03-18-2014, 11:17 AM
He whined and bitched about not getting to play to French newspaper ALL THE TIME during the playoffs last year. It drove me crazy. I'm so glad we traded him. He should have been extremely grateful for the opportunity here but he acted like a spoiled brat.

I hope he's just freezing in Toronto.

That's interesting...what did he say?

G-Dawgg
03-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I'm calling it right now.. Lowry will leave the Raptors in the offseason and Nando will become the backup pg to Vasquez next year...

hooperflash
07-08-2014, 06:10 AM
He is simply too slow and unathletic for the NBA, simple as that. That was apparent in his Euro vids even before he came over to the Spurs. He sucks.

Chinook
07-08-2014, 06:21 AM
He's making bank, though. I don't blame him one bit for leaving the league.

Texas_Ranger
07-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Like I said before. Nando will be in Europe next season.

Well i was right.

jkid12456
07-08-2014, 07:42 AM
i dont get it why does he want to return to europe? i mean isnt everyone basketballer dream to make it in nba. maybe he is not happy?

Fireball
07-08-2014, 07:44 AM
i dont get it why does he want to return to europe? i mean isnt everyone basketballer dream to make it in nba. maybe he is not happy? would you be happy with just being a bench-warmer? in Russia he is able to earn equal money and get significant playing time ..

Brazil
07-08-2014, 08:17 AM
It is a good decision

he tried but he obviouslt don't have the tools to be starter in the nba, better play in Europe than warn bench in the nba

Dingle Barry
07-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Russia isn't in Europe, dumb shits.

bulakenyo
07-08-2014, 08:37 AM

?

Russia is part of Europe, officially, right?

I know that some part of it is in asia, but they dont align themselves with the asian continent.

They dont compete in the Asian games, every 4 years. (asia's olympics)

But former Russian sectors actually ARE part of asia now. (Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan, Etc.) they do compete in the asian games.

But Russia as in Russia, no.

Dingle Barry
07-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Eurasia tbh

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Big fish in small pond mentality...

Mr. Body
07-08-2014, 09:49 AM

It's in both. The majority of the population and largest cities are considered part of Europe.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Eurasia tbh

Funny that most people don't know this. If you wanted to break things into part in terms of major regions, it would be Western Europe (France, Spain, Germany, etc.), Eastern Europe (Ukraine, Croatia, Serbia,etc), Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark, Finland, etc), Euroasia (Russia, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia etc. consider part of UEFA), Middle East (Iran, Iraq, Pakistan,etc.) and Asia (China, India, Japan, etc.).

Russia western part is consider Europe Russian, but technically all of Russian is part of Asia.

Moscow is one of the most beautiful cities in the World. Not a bad move for Nando considering the Salary he got.

snickles
07-08-2014, 01:31 PM
i dont get it why does he want to return to europe? i mean isnt everyone basketballer dream to make it in nba. maybe he is not happy?

the vibe i've gotten from reading interviews and such with some of the bigger overseas basketball stars is that the NBA isn't necessarily the end-all-be-all for a lot of the guys over there.

Beaverfuzz
07-08-2014, 11:12 PM
He was a good scrub for the Spurs. Best wishes with the vodka!

benstanfield
07-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Some part of me still wants to believe in the guy, but alas. Another one of those players that was stuck just showing flashes and never really had the tools, mentally or physically to stick around.

Will probably dominate for CSKA though. He and Shved could be a dream team once Shved is out of the league.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-09-2014, 03:34 AM
Russia western part is consider Europe Russian, but technically all of Russian is part of Asia.

WTF? Anything west of Urals mountain is Europe. Which amounts to about 80% of the russian population.

sandman
07-09-2014, 03:48 AM
WTF? Anything west of Urals mountain is Europe. Which amounts to about 80% of the russian population.

The Ural River is the official boundary between Europe and Asia from a continental landmass perspective. I've stood on both banks in Kazakhstan earlier this year, walking across the ice from one "continent" to the other. Totally correct that Moscow and most major Russian cities are located on the European continent. Most people think Moscow is located in BFE Central Russia, but I can take a non-stop flight from here in London to Moscow in about 3.5 hours. It takes me 2 hours to get to Rome just to get perspective.

T Park
07-09-2014, 04:01 AM
The money is good yeah, but man. Would much rather play in Italy, or Spain. Moscow. Yuck...

Raven
07-09-2014, 04:36 AM
Funny that most people don't know this. If you wanted to break things into part in terms of major regions, it would be Western Europe (France, Spain, Germany, etc.), Eastern Europe (Ukraine, Croatia, Serbia,etc), Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark, Finland, etc), Euroasia (Russia, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia etc. consider part of UEFA), Middle East (Iran, Iraq, Pakistan,etc.) and Asia (China, India, Japan, etc.).

Moscow is one of the most beautiful cities in the World. Not a bad move for Nando considering the Salary he got.

it may be funny coz it's not true.

Darkwaters
07-09-2014, 05:24 AM

Do you think he has "made" it? Simply being on a roster and never playing isn't overly gratifying nor glamorous.

And Moscow is a nice city...if not totally and ridiculously overpriced and nearly prohibitively expensive in every way.

littlecoyotecoin
07-09-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm calling it right now.. Lowry will leave the Raptors in the offseason and Nando will become the backup pg to Vasquez next year...

Did Vasquez move to Europe, too?

Genjuro
07-09-2014, 08:14 AM
would you be happy with just being a bench-warmer? in Russia he is able to earn equal money and get significant playing time ..

I don't think he's earning equal money. Chances are he will make significantly more money than he would in Toronto.

Fireball
07-09-2014, 09:17 AM
I don't think he's earning equal money. Chances are he will make significantly more money than he would in Toronto. well then his decision is even less questionable then the OP stated

JohnnyMax
07-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Typical Frenchie. Waving White flag and quitting.

ducks
07-09-2014, 10:50 AM
5 million is 5 million hello
who pay that here

TheGreatYacht
07-09-2014, 11:08 AM
What's PlayNando's account now :lol