PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Does the Rest of the League Like/Respect Lebeta?

Calispursfan11
03-16-2014, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't have any respect for this fucker other than his skill level if I were a standard issue scrub like Chalmers, Neal or Steve Blake. What do you guys think? Is he admired by teammates, his opponents and other players in the league in general?

RsxPiimp
03-16-2014, 08:54 AM
"That's like ranking the shortest giant," an Eastern Conference guard said. "I'd want the ball in LeBron's hands at the end of the game, but I'd want him to pass to Kobe or Jordan for the last shot. And don't forget, LeBron is not a great free throw shooter, either."

Below was a poll from NBA players taken Oct, 2013.

http://a.espncdn.com/magazine/Insider/1028_LEBRONCONFI_WEB_576x1981.jpg

RsxPiimp
03-16-2014, 08:55 AM
I don't think Lebron gets the same amount of respect like most players of his caliber did, a decade in their career. Lebron's the best though, by far the best impact and most valuable player I've seen in my lifetime, maybe second to Shaq in his heyday. I've come to really appreciate him overall as a player, and he seems to have a great head on his shoulder too. So it's not too hard to root for him.

I have no clue why players don't admire Lebron as much as they admire, say Kobe tbh. But if I have to take a guess, it's probably because Kobe is all business and his intangibles (I don't care what you think, I'm doing it my way attitude) is what makes Kobe more legendary to his peers. You hear and read all these urban like legends stories from player themselves about Kobe's dedication to the game and that always sticks out.

Also, the decision may have played a part in it? At the end of the day, Lebron, being the best player of his generation decided to take the easy way out instead of tackling the usual challenge presented to a player of his magnitude.

Thread
03-16-2014, 08:58 AM
It's a union, 11's. A strong one. This ain't 30 years past when the members tried to extinguish an "enemy." Now the rank & file, in association with Media enable & nurture an enemy. That way the pipeline of money is thick and flows comprehensively.

jimbo
03-16-2014, 10:16 AM
"That's like ranking the shortest giant," an Eastern Conference guard said. "I'd want the ball in LeBron's hands at the end of the game, but I'd want him to pass to Kobe or Jordan for the last shot. And don't forget, LeBron is not a great free throw shooter, either."

Below was a poll from NBA players taken Oct, 2013.

chart.jpg

That's a pretty impressive shot for Lebron imo. The "last shot" stuff is overblown. Ray Allen took the last shot and look what happened. :lobt2:

15% of the NBA are ring chasers. But 14% are flat out retarded with that Kobe defending Lebron shit.

A fourth of the players think Lebron'll be the best in NBA history. That's flat out amazing given Jordan's legacy.

Clipper Nation
03-16-2014, 11:10 AM
:lol Those players are retarded with that "last shot" vote:

http://i.imgur.com/zfeNuxB.png

http://i.imgur.com/S4EpMOl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WEji2J1.png

Thread
03-16-2014, 11:13 AM
:lol Those players are retarded with that "last shot" vote:

http://i.imgur.com/zfeNuxB.png

http://i.imgur.com/S4EpMOl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WEji2J1.png

Boiled down:::

Allen telling Parker, arriving late from the paint, "ha, ha."

Clipper Nation
03-16-2014, 11:15 AM

Allen telling Parker, arriving late from the paint, "ha, ha."

Kirby telling Billups & the Wallaces, "here, take this trophy."

Thread
03-16-2014, 11:16 AM

Kirby telling Billups & the Wallaces, "here, take this trophy."

lmemulatedao!!!

jeebus
03-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Is he admired by teammates
doubt it. they have to carry that scrub year after year when he chokes in big games. he had to ride Ray's coattails to a ring last season and the season before that, no one on the team had to play hard because OKC just plain sucks.

as far as the rest of the league, they don't care. he's about as good as Josh Howard at this point so he's pretty much a non issue.

StrengthAndHonor
03-16-2014, 12:13 PM
You don't need to look deeper to see that Lebron folds on the biggest stage. He had one...1, excellent Finals series in his career.

In 4 NBA Finals trips

He shot 36% against the Spurs in 2007
He shot 41% against Dallas in 2011
He finally shot a decent 47% clip against Durant in 2012
And 44% against the Spurs last year (shot 30% twice in the series)

These numbers do not belong to someone who are in the GOAT conversation. Period.

Sybok
03-16-2014, 12:29 PM
The "Lebeta" schtick is juvenile. Dude has 3 consecutive Finals appearances, b2b Finals MVP, 4 time league MVP... nothing beta about that.

Sybok
03-16-2014, 12:32 PM
You don't need to look deeper to see that Lebron folds on the biggest stage. He had one...1, excellent Finals series in his career.

In 4 NBA Finals trips

These numbers do not belong to someone who are in the GOAT conversation. Period.

You're a fucking idiot. How do you think he got to the Finals? I guess Booby Gibson carried him the 1st time, then Wade carried him because Wade was making the Finals every year, and then Wade or Bosh carried him again, and then Ray Allen the 4th time.

You're looking for MJ like offensive output but great players aren't made from molds of other players. Lebron's defense is at least as important as his offense.

Thread
03-16-2014, 12:34 PM

In 4 NBA Finals trips

Yet your tea....Oh, it's you, Stamper....I thought it was CN.

Greenie is correct, Allen doesn't back up + Bosh doesn't double cross Media James would be 1 and done branded. Sure, not by Media, just by the common man.

StrengthAndHonor
03-16-2014, 12:37 PM
You're a fucking idiot. How do you think he got to the Finals? I guess Booby Gibson carried him the 1st time, then Wade carried him because Wade was making the Finals every year, and then Wade or Bosh carried him again, and then Ray Allen the 4th time.

You're looking for MJ like offensive output but great players aren't made from molds of other players. Lebron's defense is at least as important as his offense.

It don't matter which account you use, you're still one of the oldest and shittiest poster in the board. Why don't you just cling on your phaggy Stephen Curry threads you dumb fuck.

StrengthAndHonor
03-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Yet your tea....Oh, it's you, Stamper....I thought it was CN.
:lol

The Batman
03-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Yeah, pretty sure none of those teams get to the finals without LeBron.

Clipper Nation
03-16-2014, 01:09 PM

In 4 NBA Finals trips

Your Kirby's shitstained 38% against the Pistons with three HOF's to carry him trumps all of those....

Thread
03-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Your Kirby's shitstained 38% against the Pistons with three HOF's to carry him trumps all of those....

Nothing trumps your 6.

spurraider21
03-16-2014, 01:18 PM
6 was a series of unfortunate events. there was nothing flukey or unfortunate about 04

RsxPiimp
03-16-2014, 02:19 PM

Let's drop the child act CN. Malone and GP were no HOF material that year and the Lakers faced one of the toughest defensive championship team in this era while Lebron shot 41% and hid under Wade's shadow against the Mavericks son :lol

Sybok
03-16-2014, 02:20 PM
It don't matter which account you use, you're still one of the oldest and shittiest poster in the board. Why don't you just cling on your phaggy Stephen Curry threads you dumb fuck.

You'd still be a fucking idiot.

RsxPiimp
03-16-2014, 02:22 PM
DMC be mad in this thread tho :lmao

Clipper Nation
03-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Let's drop the child act CN. Malone and GP were no HOF material that year and the Lakers faced one of the toughest defensive championship team in this era while Lebron shot 41% and hid under Wade's shadow against the Mavericks son :lol
Yes, the Pistons' defense was legendary, but that didn't stop Shaq from tearing them a new one that year.... unfortunately for your Lakers, Kirby's ego was bruised by Shaq's play, so he decided to ignore Shaq and chuck to the tune of 38%, costing his team the series....

Sybok
03-16-2014, 05:33 PM
DMC be mad in this thread tho :lmao
Because I have so much riding on Lebron's legacy tbh... slope.