PDA

View Full Version : should parents teach their children to defend themselves?

Trill Clinton
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
in regards to bullying/teasing, do you agree with parents who tell their children to fight back if someone hits them? do you think they should turn the other cheek?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Yep. That's what my Dad taught me and what I will teach my kids.

DJR210
03-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Let Jesus turn his cheek, my kid will hit you in the nose.

RD2191
03-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Gotta defend yourself. Of course the school system is retarded so even if you get punched you can't punch back without getting suspended.

Blake
03-17-2014, 04:29 PM
My son takes karate to defend himself. I would love to teach him to kick the other kids ass but I know it's not the right thing to do. There are a lot of jobs that require you have a clear background for security clearance and if you have one thing on your record, you're done. I don't want him to have shit on his record.

Pretty much

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
My son takes karate to defend himself. I would love to teach him to kick the other kids ass but I know it's not the right thing to do. There are a lot of jobs that require you have a clear background for security clearance and if you have one thing on your record, you're done. I don't want him to have shit on his record.

training your boy to be a walmart security guard just like his daddy huh :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2014, 04:38 PM
2120's son in another 60 yrs :lol

HiRni994hbA

baseline bum
03-17-2014, 04:39 PM
If the kid doesn't fight back and goes and tells, it just makes everything worse. All bullies are usually looking for is someone who just takes it. Even if the kid loses the fight, just fighting back will usually stop that shit.

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2014, 04:40 PM
:lol dude, how did you know I worked at walmart?

you ain't heard I'm good at predicting shit...just ask Lebron fan boy

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Gotta defend yourself. Of course the school system is retarded so even if you get punched you can't punch back without getting suspended.

fuck em...then you should take matters into your hands like this grandma did...:lmao Boooyah

tOYIxisAez0

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Damn you are good.. Come on by later our petite condoms are on sale!

my dick is so small I don't need a condom...no disease will even attach to that small shit...:lol

Sybok
03-17-2014, 05:32 PM
My dad taught me how to not only defend myself, but where exactly to put my foot when the guy was getting back up off the ground (right between his eyes). I was in 5th grade.

spurraider21
03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
unless they have a short buzz-cut, just grab the hair, raise your knee, profit

Katherine Robinson
03-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Most men do not know how to throw a proper punch, let alone defend against one. Teach your child defensive boxing and some dirty tricks if the opponent is bigger. Have him learn wrestling and he will have the tools to defend against 99.9% of unarmed men.

This can be thought to and apied against women as well.

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2014, 05:55 PM
:lol Our vibrators are on sale also( I'm sure you're tired of shaking it.), just come to the section in the back of the store(by the bathrooms) and ask to enter the adult section.. the password is "wood."

how bout password = tootsie roll...

Rogue
03-17-2014, 08:20 PM
kids should be taught to protect themselves, but not to retaliate imho.

The Reckoning
03-17-2014, 08:23 PM
http://youtu.be/GWRdHXbTmrs

mrsmaalox
03-18-2014, 08:59 AM
My sons both had karate for several years. They know if someone is trying to goad them into a fight that I expect them to walk away or use other means to try to defuse the situation. But they also know that if they actually get jumped that I expect them to defend themselves and not just lay there and take it.

DMC
03-18-2014, 10:07 AM
My sons both had karate for several years. They know if someone is trying to goad them into a fight that I expect them to walk away or use other means to try to defuse the situation. But they also know that if they actually get jumped that I expect them to defend themselves and not just lay there and take it.

No offense but karate is a joke when it comes to self defense, especially anything taught to kids. Enroll them in something that has wrestling, judo or boxing involved. In fact, taking a judo class and a boxing class would be much more beneficial than that joke called Take One's Dough.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2014, 10:13 AM
No offense but karate is a joke when it comes to self defense, especially anything taught to kids. Enroll them in something that has wrestling, judo or boxing involved. In fact, taking a judo class and a boxing class would be much more beneficial than that joke called Take One's Dough.

LOL. why don't you teach them how to be niggas...being able to turn it on and off as needed...they should be fine then....

Here's an example :lmao

N4k4_OLV938

GoodOdor
03-18-2014, 10:36 AM
List of sports my kid is gonna do:

Boxing
Tennis
Swimming
Soccer
Chess

mrsmaalox
03-18-2014, 10:38 AM

Well the classes they took were with a coach who specialized in self defense for kids, karate was just one of the things used. He taught other self defense methods also, which included talks about "stranger danger", bullying, and how to defuse situations without fighting. Btw this was all when they were in early elementary school---both my sons are teenagers now (one is 6'5" 200 lbs, the other is 6'2" don't know how much he weighs) and very athletic; they've never had to defend themselves as of yet, but I think as long as they aren't grossly outnumbered or up against a weapon, they should be able to hold their own just fine.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Well the classes they took were with a coach who specialized in self defense for kids, karate was just one of the things used. He taught other self defense methods also, which included talks about "stranger danger", bullying, and how to defuse situations without fighting. Btw this was all when they were in early elementary school---both my sons are teenagers now (one is 6'5" 200 lbs, the other is 6'2" don't know how much he weighs) and very athletic; they've never had to defend themselves as of yet, but I think as long as they aren't grossly outnumbered or up against a weapon, they should be able to hold their own just fine.

everyone thinks their kids are very athletic...that is until they start competing against their black peers :lmao

mrsmaalox
03-18-2014, 11:07 AM
I don't "think" my kids are athletic, I know they are. And so do the black kids whose roster spots they take on the varsity teams.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2014, 11:09 AM
I don't "think" my kids are athletic, I know they are. And so do the black kids whose roster spots they take on the varsity teams.

:lol ok...I'll be look for Maalox Jr in the draft soon...

mrsmaalox
03-18-2014, 11:16 AM
:lol ok...I'll be look for Maalox Jr in the draft soon...

Don't bother, neither of them are interested in being professional athletes.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Don't bother, neither of them are interested in being professional athletes.

too bad...cuz they could have taken care of you for life with that athlete money...

bigzak25
03-18-2014, 12:36 PM
I practice punching with my sons. My oldest is 7 but he knows he won't get in trouble with me for fighting back.

RD2191
03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Maalox jr:lol fukin kool

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Maalox jr:lol fukin kool

:lol she's knows I love her...she just likes giving me shit

xmas1997
03-18-2014, 08:15 PM
:lol she's knows I love her...she just likes giving me shit
She likes giving everyone shit except her faves Chump, Blake and gang.
But I still like her, appreciate her, and hold no ill will.
It is what it is.

mrsmaalox
03-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Pfffft.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Pfffft.

^ Did you just fart :lol

lefty
03-19-2014, 10:59 AM
You have to defend yourself

If you don't, your whole school will shit on you for years

DJR210
03-19-2014, 11:11 AM
You have to defend yourself

If you don't, your whole school will shit on you for years

This is true. You take one good public punking and even D-list bullies will be lining up for their piece of the action.