PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Playoffs series I would love to see this year

ambchang
03-17-2014, 12:13 PM
OKC vs. Mavs
The two teams match up relatively well, and Mavs are the mostly likely low seed to upset OKC. As a Spurs fan, I want OKC out of the picture or severely tested asap.

Pacers vs. Heat
Last year was great, absolute brawl fest. This year, with Bynum in the middle, the Pacers will be even better.

Spurs vs. Heat
Revenge

Rockets vs. OKC
Emotions will run high, and I would love to see how Westbrook will react to the thuggery of Beverly. Also, Harden vs. old team, and both teams with immense talent and bad coaching. Could be interesting.

Washington vs. whoever
Just want to see how Wall will do. Very underrated player imho, but will see if I am right or wrong in the playoffs.

Spurs vs Lakers
For old times' sake, and one last hurrah for MVPau with the Lakers. But alas, somethings are just not meant to be.

Killakobe81
03-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Warriors Clips is also must see TV ...

Double-Up
03-17-2014, 12:19 PM
I'll pass on that OKC matchup...

rogues
03-17-2014, 12:32 PM
I'll pass on that OKC matchup...
Pussy..

Clipper Nation
03-17-2014, 12:35 PM
OKC/Memphis, just to see that faggot Durbeta have to deal with physicality....

Mugen
03-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Clippers/OKC would be a good matchup IMO.

Robz4000
03-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Mavs wouldn't win one game tbh. I'd like to see:

Spurs vs Mavs
MethKC vs Grizz
Clippers vs Guests
Rockets vs Dubs

In the East I'd like to see Miami vs any two of Indy/Chicago/Brooklyn. The rest of the EC playoffs would be irrelevant.

Thread
03-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Spurs vs Lakers
For old times' sake, and one last hurrah for MVPau with the Lakers. But alas, somethings are just not meant to be.

Like 5.

tee, hee.

Holden_Caulfield
03-17-2014, 01:55 PM
OKC vs GSW

WSH vs MIA

HOU vs LAC

Arcadian
03-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Spurs vs Lakers

:lol Maybe if they change the playoff format to include 14 teams from each conference. Then they'd draw the 1 vs. 14 matchup. And even then, the Lakers would really have to battle for that 14th seed with Utah and Sacramento...only to be swept again. :lol

Seventyniner
03-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Lots of good choices here. Pacers/Heat is my top choice, luckily it has a very high chance of happening.

Others include:
Nets/Heat (Heat in 5 or 6 but those teams just plain don't like each other)
Clippers/Grizzlies (Grizz are better than their record says cause Gasol missed so much time, what better way for the Clips to show they've turned the corner than beating the Grizz, would be a great 3/6 matchup)
Spurs/Thunder (with both teams fully healthy, hard to call)
Spurs/Heat (about as even a matchup among top teams as this league has to offer)
Bottom of the list (of likely matchups, no Wizards/Mavs crap) is probably Raptors/Bobcats.

King Emmanuel
03-17-2014, 02:51 PM
:lol Maybe if they change the playoff format to include 14 teams from each conference. Then they'd draw the 1 vs. 14 matchup. And even then, the Lakers would really have to battle for that 14th seed with Utah and Sacramento...only to be swept again. :lol

:lol do you want a fucking medal?

Mugen
03-17-2014, 02:51 PM
I'd also love a Spurs/Bobcats series tbh.

ambchang
03-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Just realized Blazers never made anybody's list so far :lol

Maybe Blazers vs ..... nah, can't think of anything.

superjames1992
03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Bobcats vs. Suns, tbh.

:lol

spurraider21
03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
I'd rather see Spurs-Heat than any other series. Even over Mugen's Spurs-Bobcats suggestion

Mugen
03-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I'd rather see Spurs-Heat than any other series. Even over Mugen's Spurs-Bobcats suggestion

I'd be okay with Spurs/Hawks as well...

spurraider21
03-17-2014, 03:21 PM
:lol

Mugen
03-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Blazers aren't a fun team to watch IMO. It's just Lillard/Matthews/Batum/Mo chuckin' up 30 footers which I'd rather see Curry/Klay do tbh. LaMarcus also has one of the most boring styles of play....

Arcadian
03-17-2014, 03:31 PM
:lol do you want a fucking medal?

:lol 22-44
:lol 48
:lol lakers

...it's just too easy with them.

benefactor
03-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Besides the standard match ups everyone wants to see like Clips/Rockets or a Spurs/Heat rematch, I agree with OP that Mavs/OKC would be an intriguing first round match up. You have a better team in OKC but better coaching in Dallas...and the Diggler is always dangerous in the post season.

Leon Black
03-17-2014, 03:34 PM
SA and Housotn would be a good series. Not sure Spurs fan wants that match up

Mugen
03-17-2014, 03:37 PM
FWIW, a Heat/Wizards series would be fun to me for some reason. Especially if Nene comes back healthy tbh.

Legacy
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
No one wants to see a Heat/Thunder rematch? :lol

Suspect
03-17-2014, 03:41 PM
SA and Housotn would be a good series. Not sure Spurs fan wants that match up
they dont, thats why they keep listing houston vs teams that will beat them so spurs dont have to worry about them

Killakobe81
03-17-2014, 03:45 PM
they dont, thats why they keep listing houston vs teams that will beat them so spurs dont have to worry about them

Tis true. I seem more confident than Spur fan on this one ...
Maybe I should reverse field ... I see less Spur games here in DFW ...

Mugen
03-17-2014, 03:49 PM
We would roll the Rockets tbh.

Legacy
03-17-2014, 03:52 PM

Agreed. Playoff basketball = Different arena. Different animal. Coward would be ssooo pissed, too. :lol

Killakobe81
03-17-2014, 04:03 PM
There we go ...some spur fans with balls

benefactor
03-17-2014, 04:06 PM
It won't be easy because the Rockets still present match up issues...and that's why the Spurs would like to see them on the other side of the bracket, but the reality of the situation is McHale is just too stupid. Spurs would win in 6.

SayTown
03-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Regular season Rockets already play a playoff rotation going 8 deep while Spurs play 10 or 11 deep, it won't be like that in the playoffs

Leetonidas
03-17-2014, 04:22 PM
My wet dream as a Spurfan for the 2014 playoffs are as follows (obviously depends on how the seeding ends up):

Play Phoenix in the first round and beat them to advance. Grizz pull and upset on the Clips or Rockets in the first round and Spurs take care of them in the second round. Then Spurs wax that Methlahoma ass in the WCF (toughest part probably) then move on the beat the Heat in the Finals.

Spurs would have eliminated each team in chronological order corresponding to when they were knocked out of the playoffs by them in the last 4 years. Suns in 2010, Grizz in 2011, OKC in 2012, and Miami in 2013. Ultimate revenge imo

However, I'd rather someone else knock OKC out tbh. Bad matchup for us imo. All I really care about is a rematch against the Heat

poeticism707
03-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Clips vs OKC

-would be a no d playing, 150 per game, per team, barn burner

-Heat vs Pacers
-depending on what Bynum adds, Pacers can beat them

-Spurs vs Heat Finals
-Spurs are even better, far and away a better bench, pissed about the flukey bounce that cost them a title
Miami is worse, tired, bench worse, playing worse basketball than this time last year, etc

These would be classics.

Thread
03-17-2014, 04:55 PM
My wet dream as a Spurfan for the 2014 playoffs are as follows (obviously depends on how the seeding ends up):

Play Phoenix in the first round and beat them to advance. Grizz pull and upset on the Clips or Rockets in the first round and Spurs take care of them in the second round. Then Spurs wax that Methlahoma ass in the WCF (toughest part probably) then move on the beat the Heat in the Finals.

Spurs would have eliminated each team in chronological order corresponding to when they were knocked out of the playoffs by them in the last 4 years. Suns in 2010, Grizz in 2011, OKC in 2012, and Miami in 2013. Ultimate revenge imo

However, I'd rather someone else knock OKC out tbh. Bad matchup for us imo. All I really care about is a rematch against the Heat

If I were you, Lee, I'd want anybody but the Heat standing there at the end. I never understood wanting to play the best. Christ, Indiana, Philly, NJ, and that ship of fools in Orlando standing there was my wet dream come to fruition. At first blush it was a lock.

All they're going to remember in 30 years is the count.

Indiana would fold up like a cheap tent the minute they landed in Texas.

Leetonidas
03-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Last year I wouldn't have cared who. But now I want that revenge Cubster, I'm sure it's how you felt in 86

Thread
03-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Last year I wouldn't have cared who. But now I want that revenge Cubster, I'm sure it's how you felt in 86

In '85, Lee, not '86. And sure once we won I was grateful it was them, but, going in? I was lower than skunk shit. I was Robert Stack in "Airplane"---"Ah, shit, he doesn't stand a goddamn chance!" I wanted anybody but the Celtics. I wanted to just get away from them. But, that was what West and Chamberlain and all the others had done,,,fled at their advance. And so when I turned to flee with the hoards here comes Magic the opposite way toward the fire with Scott, Worthy, and Kareem in tow, all cryin' to beat the band...

He says to me:::"Cubby? Go on. But, not too far, we'll need you after we're done with 'em. I got this. Just stay close." Well, the rest is ancient history. We broke thru on MA., soil.

But, that was a blood feud, Lee. You guys don't have that degree of animosity.

Killakobe81
03-17-2014, 05:15 PM
In '85, Lee, not '86. And sure once we won I was grateful it was them, but, going in? I was lower than skunk shit. I was Robert Stack in "Airplane"---"Ah, shit, he doesn't stand a goddamn chance!" I wanted anybody but the Celtics. I wanted to just get away from them. But, that was what West and Chamberlain and all the others had done,,,fled at their advance. And so when I turned to flee with the hoards here comes Magic the opposite way toward the fire with Scott, Worthy, and Kareem in tow, all cryin' to beat the band...

He says to me:::"Cubby? Go on. But, not too far, we'll need you after we're done with 'em. I got this. Just stay close." Well, the rest is ancient history. We broke thru on MA., soil.

But, that was a blood feud, Lee. You guys don't have that degree of animosity.

On the court or in the fan-base San antonio heat is really freaking pathetic ...before "6" ...maybe.

After 6 it smacks of some Stockholm syndrome type shit ...

poeticism707
03-17-2014, 05:16 PM
If I were you, Lee, I'd want anybody but the Heat standing there at the end. I never understood wanting to play the best. Christ, Indiana, Philly, NJ, and that ship of fools in Orlando standing there was my wet dream come to fruition. At first blush it was a lock.

All they're going to remember in 30 years is the count.

Indiana would fold up like a cheap tent the minute they landed in Texas.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Sad, but true...

Go get that 5th ring Spurs, against whoever...

ambchang
03-17-2014, 05:38 PM
SA vs. Houston would be SA in 5 or 6.

Spurs still can't matchup Harden, and Beverly can check Parker pretty well, but ....
Ginobili will present issues for the Rockets
Duncan will dominate down low.
D12 will go into one of his mental breakdowns and hurt more than help.
Pop will eat McHale alive.

Thread
03-17-2014, 06:27 PM
SA vs. Houston would be SA in 5 or 6.

D12 will go into one of his mental breakdowns and hurt more than help.
Pop will eat McHale alive.

Amb, sans the triple martini luncheon making some sense. Beats you blowing your fuckin' stack like this morning. Christ-a-mighty.

ambchang
03-17-2014, 06:31 PM
Amb, sans the triple martini luncheon making some sense. Beats you blowing your fuckin' stack like this morning. Christ-a-mighty.

Chill chickenshit.

Man, why is pointing out that you are ST's pissing pot blowing my stack. I am merely expressing what is commonly known. I thought you knew as well. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, chickenshit.

Thread
03-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Chill chickenshit.

Man, why is pointing out that you are ST's pissing pot blowing my stack. I am merely expressing what is commonly known. I thought you knew as well. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, chickenshit.

Now, don't go and get yourself all overheated again, Amb.

ha, ha.

03-17-2014, 08:15 PM
I have my barrel peppered

Thread
03-17-2014, 08:20 PM
I have my barrel peppered

Bend over. I'll pepper your fuckin' barrel.

03-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Bend over. I'll pepper your fuckin' barrel.
How old are you, Dale? Don't you have a family to tend to?

djohn2oo8
03-17-2014, 08:34 PM
I want the Spurs due to the proximity, and something about the Spurs makes Harden play his best.

RsxPiimp
03-17-2014, 08:50 PM
OKC-Indiana, possible Finals preview. This is where Durant drops that beta tag for good. Expect a 2006 Wade like performance both in efficiency and FTA :hat

Hou- OKC. Beverly and Westbrook. A fistfight would be a bonus.

Nets- Heat, possible upset here tbh. Could be the 2nd best series in the East.

Hou-Spurs. This one needs to happen. This could possibly be the best showdown in the West. Duncan and Dwert y'all.

Thread
03-17-2014, 08:52 PM
How old are you, Dale? Don't you have a family to tend to?

I already tended to 'em. The nest is empty.

SpurSwag
03-17-2014, 09:00 PM
I wanna see the Clips and Grizz just to see how much Griffin has really developed. I completely buy in to how much better of a player he is and really believe he grew up as a star without CP3 but the grizz have always contained him. It'd be nice to see him step up and embarrass Z-Bo

Venti Quattro
03-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Toronto vs whoever

Let's go Canada :cry