PDA

View Full Version : Third year in a row with 50-16 record

Rummpd
03-17-2014, 01:03 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489866

"That was ... San Antonio's 15th straight season with 50-plus wins: Not only that, but it's the third season in a row that the Spurs have been 50-16 through the first 66 games. San Antonio's consistency is creepy".

Seventyniner
03-17-2014, 01:58 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489866

"That was ... San Antonio's 15th straight season with 50-plus wins: Not only that, but it's the third season in a row that the Spurs have been 50-16 through the first 66 games. San Antonio's consistency is creepy".

Didn't the Heat hit something like 43-14 for the 4th year in a row this season?

Budkin
03-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Just amazing.

Mel_13
03-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Didn't the Heat hit something like 43-14 for the 4th year in a row this season?

39-14

Mugen
03-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Hopefully it doesn't end as horribly as the previous two seasons tbh :lol

Legacy
03-17-2014, 03:37 PM
We need to lose a game ASAP, tbh.

Sybok
03-17-2014, 03:58 PM
I'll settle for a close Finals loss again over about 99.9999999% of other possible outcomes.

Spur|n|Austin
03-17-2014, 04:10 PM
The Spurs pull out a new stat or record every single day. Pretty fucking awesome.

BanditHiro
03-17-2014, 04:21 PM
following the pattern

1st year WCF loss

2nd year WCF win Finals loss

3rd year WCF win Finals win

TampaDude
03-17-2014, 05:11 PM
following the pattern

1st year WCF loss

Precisely.

benefactor
03-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Sup Rummpd. Hows the Mrs?

Budkin
03-17-2014, 08:26 PM
The shitty part is that this team has been so good for so long that nothing feels like an accomplishment other than winning the title.

Sean Cagney
03-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Hopefully the third time is a charm.
The shitty part is that this team has been so good for so long that nothing feels like an accomplishment other than winning the title.

Sadly this is true.

Dex
03-18-2014, 10:28 PM
We Spur fans are so incredibly spoiled. We have got to watch out basketball team win more games than ANY OTHER FAN since Duncan joined the ranks. We've had incredible highs, and incredible lows, and in hindsight, it's a team and an experience we will carry with us forever and tell our kids about many years from now when the Spurs are going whatever it is they are doing at that point.

HI-FI
03-19-2014, 01:06 AM

:lol
hopefully third time is the charm.

ElNono
03-19-2014, 02:32 AM
We Spur fans are so incredibly spoiled. We have got to watch out basketball team win more games than ANY OTHER FAN since Duncan joined the ranks. We've had incredible highs, and incredible lows, and in hindsight, it's a team and an experience we will carry with us forever and tell our kids about many years from now when the Spurs are going whatever it is they are doing at that point.

No doubt. Time to soak in while they're still around playing great every night.

Sean Cagney
03-19-2014, 02:58 AM
No doubt. Time to soak in while they're still around playing great every night.

AMEN! I am going to watch every single playoff game I can this year and soak it all in! This is our last run IMO and I will enjoy it fully win or lose! I will miss this team when they are gone.

spurraider21
03-19-2014, 03:22 AM
This is our last run IMO
i've been hearing this since i hit puberty, tbh

shorttotry
03-19-2014, 03:35 AM
I feel blessed to be a Spurs fan.... Greatest franchise ever, tbh.

Skull-1
03-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Third year in a row without a ring (among more).

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-19-2014, 07:15 AM

Honestly, its been since the Robinson era. Spurs fans are spoiled. The highest win franchise of any major sports team in the past 25 years. That is why it amazing me when I see so much bitching on this forum sometimes. Obviously adolescence who didn't get to enjoy all of those 25 years and the 4 championships.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-19-2014, 07:17 AM
AMEN! I am going to watch every single playoff game I can this year and soak it all in! This is our last run IMO and I will enjoy it fully win or lose! I will miss this team when they are gone.

I think next year will be. I think Duncan, Manu, and Pop will be back next year no matter what happens. It has always been my premonition that all three would retire together in 2015 and get inducted into the HOF the same year.

exstatic
03-19-2014, 07:29 AM
I think next year will be. I think Duncan, Manu, and Pop will be back next year no matter what happens. It has always been my premonition that all three would retire together in 2015 and get inducted into the HOF the same year.

Tony's not going to retire in 2015. Tim may well retire this year if we win it, go out like David did. This could be The Last Dance.

Spursfanfromafar
03-19-2014, 07:31 AM
Tony's not going to retire in 2015. Tim may well retire this year if we win it, go out like David did. This could be The Last Dance.

I don't think Timmy will retire even if the Spurs win 5. Last season after the Finals, when he was asked a question about retirement, he said he had a contract to play through. I suspect he will atleast play one more year before even deciding to retire.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-19-2014, 11:59 AM

Not Tony, but Pop. I just think Pop, Manu, and Tim will all retire after next season when I believe, all three of their contracts expire. So we this year and next year to enjoy a championship caliber team.

Dex
03-19-2014, 12:23 PM
I don't think Timmy will retire even if the Spurs win 5. Last season after the Finals, when he was asked a question about retirement, he said he had a contract to play through. I suspect he will atleast play one more year before even deciding to retire.

He's got a Players Option next season, which I'm sure was built into his contract for good reason. Duncan gave himself that safety valve, in case the wheels were starting to fall off. Honestly, the way the rest of this season plays out will likely dictate whether Duncan opts out or not next year.

If the Spurs lose in heartbreaking fashion again, will it break his resolve? Or will it fuel him to come back and give it one more shot? From what we've seen from Duncan historically, I'd be inclined to believe the latter.

If the Spurs get their asses handed to them somehow, Duncan is probably gone.

If the Spurs win the championship, will Duncan want to come back for the repeat he never got, or will he follow DRob's footsteps and retire into the golden sunset? Seems like a coin flip to me, tbh.

Spursfanfromafar
03-19-2014, 12:32 PM
He's got a Players Option next season, which I'm sure was built into his contract for good reason. Duncan gave himself that safety valve, in case the wheels were starting to fall off. Honestly, the way the rest of this season plays out will likely dictate whether Duncan opts out or not next year.

If the Spurs lose in heartbreaking fashion again, will it break his resolve? Or will it fuel him to come back and give it one more shot? From what we've seen from Duncan historically, I'd be inclined to believe the latter.

If the Spurs get their asses handed to them somehow, Duncan is probably gone.

If the Spurs win the championship, will Duncan want to come back for the repeat he never got, or will he follow DRob's footsteps and retire into the golden sunset? Seems like a coin flip to me, tbh.

Fair enough. But I think the likelihood of his coming back is higher because he is in very good playing form, unlike the Admiral, who was too hobbled due to his back at the end of his career.

I see Duncan trying to emulate Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and play a couple more years, provided he maintains his high level of play.

Dex
03-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Fair enough. But I think the likelihood of his coming back is higher because he is in very good playing form, unlike the Admiral, who was too hobbled due to his back at the end of his career.

I see Duncan trying to emulate Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and play a couple more years, provided he maintains his high level of play.

I agree with you there. If Duncan was worried about his body's ability to play the game at this age, or his ability to perform at a high level...well, then he is obviously proving to himself what he can still do.

Then again, we don't know the aches and pains Duncan goes home with at the end of the day.

Sean Cagney
03-19-2014, 01:03 PM
i've been hearing this since i hit puberty, tbh

Well it will happen one day sooner rather than later.

Sean Cagney
03-19-2014, 01:04 PM

That would be great!

KaiRMD1
03-19-2014, 02:46 PM

:toast As true as anything else ol' sport

Arcadian
03-19-2014, 05:17 PM
following the pattern

1st year WCF loss

Yep...it's an upward trajectory culminating in #5

heyheymymy
03-19-2014, 07:09 PM
one more ride for the legends