PDA

View Full Version : Major discovery bolsters Big Bang theory of universe

IronMaxipad
03-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Washington (AFP) - Waves of gravity that rippled through space right after the Big Bang have been detected for the first time, in a landmark discovery that adds to our understanding of how the universe was born, US scientists said Monday.

The waves were produced in a rapid growth spurt 14 billion years ago, and were predicted in Albert Einstein's nearly century-old theory of general relativity but were never found until now.
The first direct evidence of cosmic inflation -- a theory that the universe expanded by 100 trillion trillion times in barely the blink of an eye -- was announced by experts at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.
The detection was made with the help of a telescope called BICEP2, stationed at the South Pole, that measures the oldest light in the universe.
If confirmed by other experts, some said the work could be a contender for the Nobel Prize.
The waves that move through space and time have been described as the "first tremors of the Big Bang."
Their detection confirms an integral connection between Einstein's theory of general relativity and the stranger conceptual realm of quantum mechanics.
NASA said the findings "not only help confirm that the universe inflated dramatically, but are providing theorists with the first clues about the exotic forces that drove space and time apart."
John Kovac, leader of the BICEP2 collaboration at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, said years of observations using the telescope at the South Pole preceded Monday's announcement.
"Detecting this signal is one of the most important goals in cosmology today. A lot of work by a lot of people has led up to this point."
View gallery
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/6QZdyrXtpH_L_CJ4w17fSA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTIwMDtxPTc1O3c9MzAw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/3a5bdf272ed84731624521e567aae8eac7210ec0.jpg
(http://news.yahoo.com/photos/projector-screens-picture-planetarium-hamburg-northern-germany-august-photo-174449251.html)A projector screens a picture in the planetarium Hamburg, northern Germany, on August 26, 2013 (AFP …

- 'Mind-boggling' find -
The telescope targeted a specific area of sky known as the "Southern Hole" outside the galaxy where there is little dust or extra galactic material to interfere with what humans could see with the potent sky-peering tool.
By observing the cosmic microwave background, or a faint glow left over from the Big Bang, small fluctuations gave scientists new clues about the conditions in the early universe.
The gravitational waves rippled through the universe 380,000 years after the Big Bang, and these images were captured by the telescope.
"It's mind-boggling to go looking for something like this and actually find it," Clem Pryke, associate professor at the University of Minnesota, told reporters at an event in Boston to announce the findings.
Rumors of a major discovery began to circulate Friday, when the press conference was first announced.
However, scientists said they spent three years analyzing their data to rule out any errors.
"This has been like looking for a needle in a haystack, but instead we found a crowbar," said Pryke.
- New insights to why we exist -
Harvard theorist Avi Loeb said the findings provide "new insights into some of our most basic questions: Why do we exist? How did the universe begin?
"These results are not only a smoking gun for inflation, they also tell us when inflation took place and how powerful the process was," Loeb said.

John Womersley, chief executive of the Science and Technology Facilities Council, which funds British research into cosmology, said the advance adds to our knowledge of one of the three key pillars of modern cosmology -- inflation, dark matter and dark energy."Without inflation we would not be here," he said.
According to theoretical physicist Alan Guth, who proposed the idea of inflation in 1980, described the latest study as "definitely worthy of a Nobel Prize."
Chris Lintott, an astrophysicist at the University of Oxford, said that finding evidence of this super-fast inflation the would be considered "most significant cosmological discovery in nearly two decades, and a huge triumph for physics."
"It's like all our Christmases at once," he said.
"I doubt many cosmologists will get much sleep tonight."

http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-detect-echoes-big-bang-151753508.html

The Reckoning
03-17-2014, 02:46 PM
if this is true, it's huge

(captain obvious)

Leetonidas
03-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Incoming bible thumpers brushing this off...

RD2191
03-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Non issue, Gods work is amazing.

Sybok
03-17-2014, 05:28 PM
So good that the god himself is irrelevant.

Trill Clinton
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM

amen, brother. this discovery doesn't move me one bit.

if the big bang created all space, time and matter, where the hell did the matter for the big bang come from? Why was there this random infinitely dense matter in the middle of nothingness? where did this infinitely dense matter come from in the first place? http://i61.tinypic.com/x35utz.jpg

The Reckoning
03-17-2014, 05:31 PM

you do realize one of the major proponents of the big bang theory was a catholic priest, right?

The Reckoning
03-17-2014, 05:33 PM
here i'll even google it for everyone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre

The Reckoning
03-17-2014, 05:39 PM
here i'll even link the incoming gifs

http://i.imgur.com/eElVT.gif

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shaq-wake-and-bake-smoke-trick-shaq-gifs.gif

spurraider21
03-17-2014, 05:44 PM
where did god come from in the first place? its a stupid cyclical excuse which is a substitute answer for "i dont know"

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
this discovery is another bullshit ass theory...them noogahs ain't discovered SHIT

RD2191
03-17-2014, 06:02 PM
amen, brother. this discovery doesn't move me one bit.

if the big bang created all space, time and matter, where the hell did the matter for the big bang come from? Why was there this random infinitely dense matter in the middle of nothingness? where did this infinitely dense matter come from in the first place? http://i61.tinypic.com/x35utz.jpg

Trill dropping truff bombs.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2014, 06:04 PM
So where did God come from?

Blake
03-17-2014, 06:21 PM

a big bung

Sybok
03-17-2014, 06:24 PM
you do realize one of the major proponents of the big bang theory was a catholic priest, right?

Did he rape any children?

xmas1997
03-17-2014, 07:05 PM
I think God would be proud of them making this discovery IMHO.
There should be more discoveries to come.
I see no contradictions.
Why must there be?

The Reckoning
03-17-2014, 07:10 PM
in the end i really dgaf. we'll all end up in a hole with nothing to show, and if we have something to show, we won't know because we're fucking dead. no use debating over these things because once you die, you're done. just maggots and shit for all eternity.

and the oft chance that there is some deity in the afterlife, all i can hope is that i am judged based on who i am as a person and not what i believe in.

and every one else can take their beliefs and cynicism alike and go fuck themselves.

xmas1997
03-17-2014, 07:13 PM
in the end i really dgaf. we'll all end up in a hole with nothing to show, and if we have something to show, we won't know because we're fucking dead. no use debating over these things because once you die, you're done. just maggots and shit for all eternity.

Actually we are converted to pure energy. Nothing goes away, it just changes forms.

spurraider21
03-17-2014, 08:05 PM
any belief in a god is pure speculation. for millennia god has been the substitute answer for the more accurate "i don't know."

its like, fine there was a big bang. how was that superdense matter put in place?

answer: we don't know
given answer: god

years ago, this crazy bolts of electricity in the sky? wtf are they?

answer: i dont know
given answer: god/zeus

spurraider21
03-17-2014, 08:06 PM
:lmao oh god more afterlife talk.

:cry but energy can't be destroyed. such a misuse of scientific law. if dead things to to heaven, what energy are newborn babies from, using that same train of thought?

The Reckoning
03-17-2014, 08:08 PM
i just find it hilarious that people spend their entire lives sitting behind a computer or wherever making offhand snide remarks about others' beliefs then die and end up in a hole. sounds like a good life to me.

Clipper Nation
03-17-2014, 08:10 PM
:lol You won't get an answer from the Jeebotards...

JoeChalupa
03-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Fascinating.

Blake
03-17-2014, 08:25 PM
i just find it hilarious that people spend their entire lives sitting behind a computer or wherever making offhand snide remarks about others' beliefs then die and end up in a hole. sounds like a good life to me.

I'd say it takes just a few seconds to type lol.

But I find it sad that people get suckered by churches to give 10% or more of their earnings to the lawd their entire lives.

...not to mention getting up early on Sunday mornings......what a waste.

spurraider21
03-17-2014, 09:25 PM
funny considering you type that from behind your computer screen, and will one day die and end up in a hole :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2014, 09:42 PM
:lol Blake destroying The Reckoning

talking shit to jeebotards for fun is a lot less of a sacrifice than wasting 10% of your income on Pastor Haggey's Ferrari fund.

Drachen
03-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Actually we are converted to pure energy. Nothing goes away, it just changes forms.

Drachen
03-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Information society - pure energy: http://youtu.be/lRyHZccoAsk

baseline bum
03-17-2014, 10:40 PM

:lmao oh god more afterlife talk.

:cry but energy can't be destroyed. such a misuse of scientific law. if dead things to to heaven, what energy are newborn babies from, using that same train of thought?

Haha, not only misuse of a scientific law, but misusing a law that isn't even correct except locally in short time periods. Energy absolutely can be destroyed. The expansion of the universe stretches a photon as it travels through space, redshifting it to a lower frequency. Since the energy of a photon is given by E = h*f, where h is the Planck constant and f is the frequency, the energy of the photon thus decreases from the cosmological redshift (e.g., the expansion of space). I mean this is absolutely undeniable from looking at emission spectra from distant galaxies.

Lincoln
03-18-2014, 12:34 AM
:lol Blake destroying The Reckoning

talking shit to jeebotards for fun is a lot less of a sacrifice than wasting 10% of your income on Pastor Haggey's Ferrari fund.

:lmao

The Reckoning
03-18-2014, 03:55 AM
I'd say it takes just a few seconds to type lol.

But I find it sad that people get suckered by churches to give 10% or more of their earnings to the lawd their entire lives.

...not to mention getting up early on Sunday mornings......what a waste.

i agree tbh.

i guess what the internet has proven through anonymity is that people are at heart selfish, primitive beings and that there is no moral code embedded in our genes. everything is through reciprocal altruism or the belief that we will be punished in the afterlife by some flying spaghetti monster. i'ts really not worth my time or any others'.

byrontx
03-18-2014, 08:12 AM

Sounds like something to do with an alterboy.

Blake
03-18-2014, 10:07 AM
i agree tbh.

i guess what the internet has proven through anonymity is that people are at heart selfish, primitive beings and that there is no moral code embedded in our genes. everything is through reciprocal altruism or the belief that we will be punished in the afterlife by some flying spaghetti monster. i'ts really not worth my time or any others'.

pretty limited scope of things, but ok.

mouse
03-18-2014, 11:50 AM
I wish God/Jesus were true. Just can't be fooled anymore.

maybe death will finally end your pain

mouse
03-18-2014, 12:24 PM
When the God hating Darwin worshipers.... argue with naive Bible supporting sheep? the intelligent Alternative Design people relax..... grab a beer, and watch the show.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AD-Alternative-Design/121129644726154

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/73373_121131871392598_1198933795_n.jpg

Blake
03-18-2014, 01:33 PM
When the God hating Darwin worshipers.... argue with naive Bible supporting sheep? the intelligent Alternative Design people relax..... grab a beer, and watch the show.

why lie? The (only) alternative design person does anything but relax and watch.

He spams the thread with YouTubes, jpegs, and copy/paste directly from Bible beating creation websites.

spurraider21
03-18-2014, 02:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

Blake
03-18-2014, 02:39 PM
That clip will never not be greatness

xmas1997
03-18-2014, 06:32 PM
I don't see how this proves or disproves anything when it comes to the non-existence or existence of God.
Why do people seem to want to bring God into every argument or new discovery of science?
You can contradict anything and everything if you want to, but that is useless and a waste of valuable time IMHO.
As far as I know no one can prove the non-existence or existence of God, so why bring it up in light of this new discovery?
This discovery does not lend validation to either premise, nor was it intended to.
This discovery is what it is, and no more. And it has nothing to do with the notion of God.

Rogue
03-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Donde esta DMC cuando necesitamos el?

Sybok
03-18-2014, 11:04 PM
I don't see how this proves or disproves anything when it comes to the non-existence or existence of God.
Why do people seem to want to bring God into every argument or new discovery of science?
You can contradict anything and everything if you want to, but that is useless and a waste of valuable time IMHO.
As far as I know no one can prove the non-existence or existence of God, so why bring it up in light of this new discovery?
This discovery does not lend validation to either premise, nor was it intended to.
This discovery is what it is, and no more. And it has nothing to do with the notion of God.

The existential claim for an omniscient god does indeed have conditions that can be disproven if the god itself can be defined. The non existing cannot be defined, except through make believe. Even that, though, can be disproven as many claims are disproven on a regular basis.

It's not the god that's being disproven here, but the religion, the Bible itself. Try as some may to magically morph long held dogma into analogy or parable in an attempt to extend some semblance of credibility to it, if it's show to be not true it's simply not true, and everything after that is meaningless. However, since the society we live in is under the thumb of religion in almost everything we do, it's of paramount importance to stop playing adult invisible friend games for purposes of crowd control, self gratification and the selfish concept of eternal existence of conscience.

You're being cowardly about it by claiming it's a waste to question the existence of a god, that nothing can be solved, yet you don't seem to take issue with the fact that in order to deny existence, the claim has to be made. The claim has been made, therefore it's just that we set out to disprove it since not a single god believer can offer up one iota of evidence to support the claim, but like you pretend it's a futile endeavor to try to disprove it.

Yes, the Big Bang shoots holes through creation, not that creation was ever a valid argument in the first place, but it's always been "well, we don't know... so why can't it be...". Now we know. Can you push this god back into another role, cover him with camouflage and deny that he's been disproven? Sure, you can act like a faggot. It doesn't change the fact that theists are scared shitless that there is no god. How shall they know not to murder in the streets and rape their own young? Wait... that wouldn't change theists much since God sanctions it.

Assume man knows nothing about the Bible but had to write a book today on how everything came about, how we came to be, who we are... without asking "why?" I'd think that book would look nothing like the Bible. That's because those who wrote the Bible believed the Earth was flat, that donkeys could talk, that demons were possessing people and could be cast into swine and sent over a cliff. They believed a virgin could be impregnated by an invisible sky ruler and that the offspring would be the same guy in human form, who had to eventually die because he had a debt to pay himself for others disobeying him. All this was happening while this all knowing sky dude was just getting over killing everyone on the planet, except an old dude and his kids. I mean, babies and all were not worthy of being saved because there wasn't one just person, not even a child. Those people weren't real big on the scientific method.

RD2191
03-18-2014, 11:05 PM
The existential claim for an omniscient god does indeed have conditions that can be disproven if the god itself can be defined. The non existing cannot be defined, except through make believe. Even that, though, can be disproven as many claims are disproven on a regular basis.

It's not the god that's being disproven here, but the religion, the Bible itself. Try as some may to magically morph long held dogma into analogy or parable in an attempt to extend some semblance of credibility to it, if it's show to be not true it's simply not true, and everything after that is meaningless. However, since the society we live in is under the thumb of religion in almost everything we do, it's of paramount importance to stop playing adult invisible friend games for purposes of crowd control, self gratification and the selfish concept of eternal existence of conscience.

You're being cowardly about it by claiming it's a waste to question the existence of a god, that nothing can be solved, yet you don't seem to take issue with the fact that in order to deny existence, the claim has to be made. The claim has been made, therefore it's just that we set out to disprove it since not a single god believer can offer up one iota of evidence to support the claim, but like you pretend it's a futile endeavor to try to disprove it.

Yes, the Big Bang shoots holes through creation, not that creation was ever a valid argument in the first place, but it's always been "well, we don't know... so why can't it be...". Now we know. Can you push this god back into another role, cover him with camouflage and deny that he's been disproven? Sure, you can act like a faggot. It doesn't change the fact that theists are scared shitless that there is no god. How shall they know not to murder in the streets and rape their own young? Wait... that wouldn't change theists much since God sanctions it.
lol @ this major fail. and Gd has not been disproved

Sybok
03-18-2014, 11:11 PM
lol @ this major fail. and Gd has not been disproved

Which one?

InRareForm
03-18-2014, 11:41 PM
http://www.livescience.com/44158-multiverse-cosmic-inflation-gravitational-waves.html?cmpid=514627_20140318_20268104

spurraider21
03-19-2014, 03:34 AM
Which one?
pretty sure he's referring to the flying spaghetti monster

xmas1997
03-19-2014, 04:46 AM

Assume man knows nothing about the Bible but had to write a book today on how everything came about, how we came to be, who we are... without asking "why?" I'd think that book would look nothing like the Bible. That's because those who wrote the Bible believed the Earth was flat, that donkeys could talk, that demons were possessing people and could be cast into swine and sent over a cliff. They believed a virgin could be impregnated by an invisible sky ruler and that the offspring would be the same guy in human form, who had to eventually die because he had a debt to pay himself for others disobeying him. All this was happening while this all knowing sky dude was just getting over killing everyone on the planet, except an old dude and his kids. I mean, babies and all were not worthy of being saved because there wasn't one just person, not even a child. Those people weren't real big on the scientific method.

Look, if you have your childish, and what I would describe as insecure, issues with the bible, then that is you. Don't try to pawn them off on me, or for that matter anyone else who freely chooses to believe in God. That is for each and every individual to wrestle with in their own private ways. It is not for you to decide for them anymore than it is them to decide for you. The bible is what it is regardless of what you describe or what you wish it would be. IMHO it was never intended to be interpreted literally, but that is just how I feel about the book in general.
And wrong, my original statement stands as I wrote it and just because you do not approve, your assertion in no way disproves it despite a feeble and immature attempt to do so. Next time try using some mature arguments instead of resorting to childish invectives and immature ridicule to get your point across. Maybe then you wouldn't be considered a fool and thus taken seriously.
A word to the wise, if such can be said about you, make your arguments cohesive and to the point sans the ridicule next time because the way you have made them show your basic ignorance.
You may have some valid points, but those points end up negated by your childish foolishness.
If you are incapable of debating a simple issue without resorting to childishness then you are wasting your and my time because you will never be able to convince anyone other than kindergardeners of anything noteworthy.
Sorry, I had to put you in your place, but someone has to do it. May as well be me.
Next time try debating in a civil manner, or go back to kindergarten.
I have no patience with trolls.
And I repeat, this new discovery puts NO HOLES in the belief in God which was what I said, and just because you say it puts holes in creation, only serves to show you know very little about that theory and no more. You may criticize creation theory all you want to. Hell, I criticize it too. You can't lump all Christians together no matter how much you may wish you could because we are as diverse as the stars.
The same applies to God.
I don't be so dense to try to tell you what and how to believe. Be so kind as to do the same for me.
If you can't handle that, then suffer the consequences.
But for sure you will never ever convince anyone of anything by resorting to immature childish ridicule.
You should have learned this by kindergarten. But then some kids never learn.
And disrespect will be met with laughter and disrespect.
:lol

DMC
03-19-2014, 09:55 AM
^Your formatting is retarded. Are you writing everything from a cell phone?

lol writing a novel just to say "I don't care"

mouse
03-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Science has never really proven the earth is even a Million years old and they have the nerve to put 4.6 Billion in the texts books?
insane shit.

Leetonidas
03-20-2014, 09:10 PM
>has no patience with trolls
>spends 99% of his day on ST talking to or complaining about them

xmas1997
03-20-2014, 10:27 PM

I guess you spend most of your days confused.
I don't communicate with them, I bash them.
It's all you idiots deserve.
Civil communication?
No way, not even close.
And I laugh AT, not WITH, you baffoons all a lot.

Sybok
03-20-2014, 10:59 PM
I guess you spend most of your days confused.
I don't communicate with them, I bash them.
It's all you idiots deserve.
Civil communication?
No way, not even close.
And I laugh AT, not WITH, you baffoons all a lot.

Anyone who can believe in a creation story has integrity issues with their own epistemology, is morally bankrupt, confused, capricious and devoid of anything resembling educated thought processes.

xmas1997
03-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Anyone who can believe in a creation story has integrity issues with their own epistemology, is morally bankrupt, confused, capricious and devoid of anything resembling educated thought processes.

Why is it so hard for you to respect anothers' opinion, especially when they aren't trying to force you to believe the way they do?
I can see your point of view, but I don't see the point in making fun of it.
You make a lot of contentious accusations, but have little to back them up with.
And just so you know, not every Christian, not even most, feel the need to bash atheists or agnostics, nor do they feel the need to justify their beliefs.
It is what it is.
If you're just going to slam and spam ignorantly, then that is troll activity.

Sybok
03-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Why is it so hard for you to respect anothers' opinion, especially when they aren't trying to force you to believe the way they do?
I can see your point of view, but I don't see the point in making fun of it.
You make a lot of contentious accusations, but have little to back them up with.
And just so you know, not every Christian, not even most, feel the need to bash atheists or agnostics, nor do they feel the need to justify their beliefs.
It is what it is.
If you're just going to slam and spam ignorantly, then that is troll activity.

Your opinion not only merits being laughed at and ridiculed, it demands it. No one of any real moral fiber can sit idly by while jerkoffs like you try to play the "agree to disagree" bit with your invisible friend in tow, as if the concept of creation by design isn't absolutely absurd at every level. I'm sure you'd like it if no one questioned your professed beliefs. Too bad.

The point in making fun of it is that it's as silly as believing in witchcraft or the abominable snowman, except hell the latter is at least plausible on some empirical scale.

Your arguments for creation aren't even made with compelling evidence, so no counter arguments are needed. I can just sit back and laugh at you.

I don't care what Christians feel the need to do. They are willing slaves for eternity to an overbearing conceptual deity that sanctions murder and rape, for the right reasons of course. Why should their opinions mean anything? If anything, they are cancers to society and should be treated as such.

Call it what you will, you simply have not nor can you show one stitch of reasoning for intelligent design (a euphemism for "god did it"). The fact that you rely on argument from ignorance is enough to support that assertion.

TE
03-20-2014, 11:23 PM
:lol tbh

xmas1997
03-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Your opinion not only merits being laughed at and ridiculed, it demands it. No one of any real moral fiber can sit idly by while jerkoffs like you try to play the "agree to disagree" bit with your invisible friend in tow, as if the concept of creation by design isn't absolutely absurd at every level. I'm sure you'd like it if no one questioned your professed beliefs. Too bad.

The point in making fun of it is that it's as silly as believing in witchcraft or the abominable snowman, except hell the latter is at least plausible on some empirical scale.

Your arguments for creation aren't even made with compelling evidence, so no counter arguments are needed. I can just sit back and laugh at you.

I don't care what Christians feel the need to do. They are willing slaves for eternity to an overbearing conceptual deity that sanctions murder and rape, for the right reasons of course. Why should their opinions mean anything? If anything, they are cancers to society and should be treated as such.

Call it what you will, you simply have not nor can you show one stitch of reasoning for intelligent design (a euphemism for "god did it"). The fact that you rely on argument from ignorance is enough to support that assertion.

Well, at least it is an intelligent reply although smelling awfully trollish if you ask me.
From now on just talk to the hand.
You really didn't deserve a reply, but I graced you with all you're worth anyway.
There is no reasoning with narrow minded blind ignorant bigots anyway.
Yes, this aptly describes you to a T IMHO.
Too bad life has some hard lessons in store for you.
Enjoy, but beware.

Sybok
03-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Well, at least it is an intelligent reply although smelling awfully trollish if you ask me.
From now on just talk to the hand.
You really didn't deserve a reply, but I graced you with all you're worth anyway.
There is no reasoning with narrow minded blind ignorant bigots anyway.
Yes, this aptly describes you to a T IMHO.
Too bad life has some hard lessons in store for you.
Enjoy, but beware.
k thx bye

xmas1997
03-20-2014, 11:32 PM
k thx bye

Tell it to the hand, or can't you read?

phyzik
03-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Science has never really proven the earth is even a Million years old and they have the nerve to put 4.6 Billion in the texts books?
insane shit.

Not proven, but the evidence overwhelmingly supports it...

Should we accept the overwhelming evidence for a world 4.6 billion years old, or should we trust in a book that is a collaboration of texts, many of which were discarded due to conflicting views, by men who lived 3500 years ago and weren't even present to corroborate those extraordinary events?

You can deny the evidence, close your eyes and plug your ears.... that does not negate the evidence though. Your opinion is your own, but your opinion doesn't trump evidence no matter how much you want it to.

xmas1997
03-21-2014, 12:20 AM

Should we accept the overwhelming evidence for a world 4.6 billion years old, or should we trust in a book that is a collaboration of texts, many of which were discarded due to conflicting views, by men who lived 3500 years ago and weren't even present to collaborate those extraordinary events?

You can deny the evidence, close your eyes and plug your ears.... that does not negate the evidence though. Your opinion is your own, but your opinion doesn't trump evidence no matter how much you want it to.

This is true, can't deny the facts.

mouse
03-21-2014, 12:41 AM

Post a link....

you see it's all Bull Shit!

Should we accept the overwhelming evidence for a world 4.6 billion years old, or should we trust in a book that is a collaboration of texts, many of which were discarded due to conflicting views, by men who lived 3500 years ago and weren't even present to corroborate those extraordinary event?

isn't 't everything you ever thought was real just now collapse beneath you.

Do you know anything about Science?

Blake
03-21-2014, 12:45 AM
Post a link....

you see it's all Bull Shit!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-science-figured-out-the-age-of-the-earth/

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Thanks Blake,

That's just one of many articles.... what Mouse forgets is that I WORK for the Southwest Research Institute. I DO know "science" and evidence supports a 4.6 billion year old earth weather he likes it or not. I don't have to prove anything to him.... the proof has been out there for decades, all he needs to do is look and stop denying the evidence that is right in front of him. It is pretty much impossible to rationalize with someone who is dead set on an irrational belief to begin with though. I have long since put Mouse in the same category as the flat earth society group. He refuses to believe even with the evidence staring him right in the face. He only gets a response from me when it is for my amusement.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 01:12 AM
Believing you evolved from a fish is rational. Rofl

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Believing you evolved from a fish is rational. Rofl

you obviously don't understand evolution. LOL.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Yes I do. And I know that it's a lie. Evolution is impossible.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Yes I do. And I know that it's a lie. Evolution is impossible.

ahhh... here we go... the hook.... OK, I'll bite.

Explain Dogs....

If you understood even the basic concept of Evolution, even as a religious nutbag, you couldn't deny it at all. You're just trying to troll.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 01:26 AM
Anyone who can think knows that it's impossible. There are many reasons as to why.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Anyone who can think knows that it's impossible. There are many reasons as to why.

again, explain Dogs.

You brought it up, disprove evolution. Here is your chance at a nobel prize.

Explain Dogs.

Im waiting.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:37 AM

Aside from you explaining Dogs, I would like to hear your "many reasons why" evolution is impossible...

Please elaborate for my enjoyment. I am sitting in my chair nonplussed waiting for your non-riveting reply that will obviously make all of us rational thinkers laugh.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 01:38 AM
Waiting for what? There are many flaws in evolution. You refuse to even consider that it may be wrong because your entire life will have been a lie.

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2014, 01:40 AM
imagine a supreme being visiting earth

the catholics will try to brainwashed them god created them

the aliens will just flip out their dicks and ejaculate over our species lol wheres ur god..

SnakeBoy
03-21-2014, 01:41 AM
again, explain Dogs.

You brought it up, disprove evolution. Here is your chance at a nobel prize.

Explain Dogs.

Im waiting.

Terrible evolution example tbh. The slippery nature of the canine genome that allows a wolf to become a Chihuahua is well understood. It's also well understood by science that this genetic process cannot lead to a dog to becoming a bear or raccoon.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Waiting for what? There are many flaws in evolution. You refuse to even consider that it may be wrong because your entire life will have been a lie.

Wrong... provide peer reviewed proof and I will gladly concede a point. I have no problem being wrong when provided proof otherwise....

now, lets proceed and quit avoiding the task at hand.....

Explain Dogs Please.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:44 AM
Terrible evolution example tbh. The slippery nature of the canine genome that allows a wolf to become a Chihuahua is well understood. It's also well understood by science that this genetic process cannot lead to a dog to becoming a bear or raccoon.

Umm... You just explained evolution..... A Dog cannot become a cat.... a Monkey cannot become a tiger...... Thanks for proving my point.

All dog species originated from the Grey Wolf. This is FACT. It was Humans who bred the characteristics into the "Dogs" over 150,000 years to create what was optimal for their needs.... OF COURSE you wouldn't have a wolf give birth to a Chihuahua.... It took THOUSANDS of years to create all the breeds we have today..... The simple fact remains that ALL DOG BREEDS came from Grey Wolves.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 01:47 AM
You will never admit to being wrong. Evolution is impossible. It's simple really. How can you honestly believe that you evolved from a fish? Is there any evidence of this? Besides the very little transitional fossils available. Most of which have been doctored.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Umm... You just explained evolution..... A Dog cannot become a cat.... a Monkey cannot become a tiger...... Thanks for proving my point.

All dog species originated from the Grey Wolf. This is FACT. It was Humans who bred the characteristics into the "Dogs" over 150,000 years to create what was optimal for their needs.... OF COURSE you wouldn't have a wolf give birth to a Chihuahua.... It took THOUSANDS of years to create all the breeds we have today..... The simple fact remains that ALL DOG BREEDS came from Grey Wolves.

So then how did a fish become a reptile or a mammal?

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:50 AM
You will never admit to being wrong. Evolution is impossible. It's simple really. How can you honestly believe that you evolved from a fish? Is there any evidence of this? Besides the very little transitional fossils available. Most of which have been doctored.

You are still avoiding the question.... There where no "dogs" before grey wolves.... so where did Dogs come from? Give me a scientifically accurate, peer reviewed answer and I will concede.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 01:52 AM
So then how did a fish become a reptile or a mammal?

The fact that you just asked that asinine question shows me you understand nothing at all about evolution. That is equivalent to asking "If we are human today, why are there still monkeys?"

RD2191
03-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Your peers are wrong, as they are many times.

SnakeBoy
03-21-2014, 01:54 AM
All dog species originated from the Grey Wolf. This is FACT.

Uhh yeah I already said that in my post. I don't know why your getting so defensive, just saying there are better examples of evolution than dogs...try the platypus.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 01:55 AM
[QUOTE=phyzik;7198985]The fact that you just asked that asinine question shows me you understand nothing at all about evolution. That is equivalent to asking "If we are human today, why are there still monkeys?"[/QUOTE
No it isn't. Evolution teaches that Humans evolved from fish that walked on land. If a dog can never become a cat, how can a fish evolve into something that is no longer a fish?

phyzik
03-21-2014, 02:09 AM
[QUOTE=phyzik;7198985]The fact that you just asked that asinine question shows me you understand nothing at all about evolution. That is equivalent to asking "If we are human today, why are there still monkeys?"[/QUOTE
No it isn't. Evolution teaches that Humans evolved from fish that walked on land. If a dog can never become a cat, how can a fish evolve into something that is no longer a fish?

1) It only took all species of current dogs to come into being in just 150,000 years, and that was due to selective breeding by humans.

2) Take into account 4.6 BILLION years of natural selection vs a measly 150,000 years.

3) Everyone touts the human eye as some wondrous miracle, when in fact it came from "fish" as you so put it.... there is a reason we see refraction when looking into a glass of water.... like seeing a straw looks like it is cut in half when put into a glass of water. The human eye isn't a concept on it's own, it is based off of "fish" eyes that where designed to see underwater. Evolution can only improve on a design, it never "restarts" the process.... The human eye is not as perfect as you would believe because it's original design was made to see underwater.

4) Fish didn't just suddenly decide to go "ohh, I want to breath air" and decide to grown legs.... You're talking, and I cant stress this enough, 4.6 BILLION FUCKING YEARS. Shit happens in that amount of time.

5) can we explain all of it? no.... does that mean we should automatically say "ohh, God did it" no.

Now... You said evolution is fundamentally false and impossible.

I answered you.

Again, explain Dogs in regards to not having evolved into what they are today. Here is your chance to prove evolution wrong.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:16 AM
You didn't answer the question. And why not? Why not God? Do I assume that my desktop randomly created itself? Or did someone design it and make it?

Gummi Clutch
03-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Are you a fucking idiot? You really aren't helping your ****** stereotype with the "meet me at the park" and rudimentary understanding of things like evolution.

Evolution is practically a FUCKING LAW. Its a scientific theory, but it holds just as much water as gravity. We see evolution every fucking day. I'll explain it in the most simplistic manner your ****** brain can comprehend...why the fuck do you think we need new antibiotics and why do you think pathogens develop resistance? THEY EVOLVE. With life forms like bacteria, we are able to watch and document all this over multiple generations due to the rapid rate they multiply at.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 02:18 AM
You didn't answer the question. And why not? Why not God? Do I assume that my desktop randomly created itself? Or did someone design it and make it?

not playing your game anymore.... Answer about dogs.

I've provided enough answers for now... your turn.

cya until then.

RD2191
It doesn't matter if was 4.6 billion years, why and how did it become a land walking mammal or reptile?

Gummi Clutch
Beanr logic. I'm going to leave before I lose more IQ points.

Gummi Clutch
not playing your game anymore.... Answer about dogs.

cya until then.

NOT JUST THAT.

HOW ABOUT FUCKING DRUG RESISTANT ORGANISMS.

LOL

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:20 AM
:wakeup

phyzik
03-21-2014, 02:21 AM
It doesn't matter if was 4.6 billion years, why and how did it become a land walking mammal or reptile?

Don't spin it... you said evolution was bunk...

I asked you to explain dogs...

stop avoiding...

answer...

done.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:23 AM
What about dogs?

POPownsJackson
03-21-2014, 02:23 AM
People is actualy hinks we can come from fish :lol

You has read bible? In it is says prove that Mary give birth to Jesus as miracle, anybody who is says fish theory not read bible or read it miracles. If you has you is learned it that god is create all things :lol

This fucks

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:24 AM

POPownsJackson
03-21-2014, 02:25 AM

NOT JUST THAT.

HOW ABOUT FUCKING DRUG RESISTANT ORGANISMS.

LOL
Yes in bible it is also has says how antibiotic is no work sometime for germ. This scientist has twist it when bible is says evolution all along. It need to people spend more time studying god word than nonsense like Marz :lol

Example is how is say Fish theory...FISH ...:lol

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:26 AM
So no one answered my question. :wakeup

POPownsJackson
03-21-2014, 02:28 AM
They is too busy now try to read bible as I tell them all is prove before. I is ask those with fish theory, is bible no say god create all thing? Yes, i no? We is all know bible is come from god so use knowledgez to see how world is come.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 02:28 AM

still waiting for your answer about how dogs came about. :corn:

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:31 AM
They came from wolves. You said you already knew that.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 02:32 AM

So then you agree evolution is real. Thanks. Takes a big man to agree he was wrong.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:33 AM
That's not evolution. :lol

phyzik
03-21-2014, 02:36 AM
That's not evolution. :lol

It is absolutely evolution...

Im confused... what do you think evolution is? A monkey giving birth to a man? a fish giving birth to a lizard?

What exactly do you think evolution is?

I seriously doubt you comprehend what evolution entails after that last post.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:39 AM
How did the fish turn into a lizard? Why hasn't the wolf evolved into anything other than a variation of canines?

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 02:39 AM
is a Chihuahua the same species as a wolf? No. even you will agree with this.

can a Chihuahua mate with a wolf? Of course not. even you will agree with this.

we also know that all dogs came from wolves. a grey wolf is not the same species as a chihuahua, but its also fact that grey wolves were ancestors to all chihuahuas

that is a perfect example of one species being an ancestor to a new species. the whole "evolution is impossible" thing is thwarted right there. one species over the course of many, many generations paved the way for a new species to emerge. this is over the course of about 100,000 years. imagine that how different dogs can be 100,000 years from now. and another 100,000 years. and keep going. evolution takes place over the course of millions, tens of millions and even billions of years. 1 billion years of evolution would be the equivalent of 10,000x the evolution period of grey wolf to chihuahua. a lot can happen over that period of time

POPownsJackson
03-21-2014, 02:43 AM

we also know that all dogs came from wolves. a grey wolf is not the same species as a chihuahua, but its also fact that grey wolves were ancestors to all chihuahuas

that is a perfect example of one species being an ancestor to a new species. the whole "evolution is impossible" thing is thwarted right there. one species over the course of many, many generations paved the way for a new species to emerge. this is over the course of about 100,000 years. imagine that how different dogs can be 100,000 years from now. and another 100,000 years. and keep going. evolution takes place over the course of millions, tens of millions and even billions of years. 1 billion years of evolution would be the equivalent of 10,000x the evolution period of grey wolf to chihuahua. a lot can happen over that period of time

Yes, I is remember bible passage talk chihuahua and speak of what you is say !

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:43 AM
But it's still a canine, not a bird or a monkey.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:44 AM
Speciation, not evolution.

POPownsJackson
03-21-2014, 02:44 AM
no I think he is rights on this. Fish people theory is stupid but god is get angry and turn bitch wolf into chihuaha because it no worship him

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 02:45 AM

call it what you will. is this a species giving birth to another species over time? i literally just want a yes or no answer

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 02:48 AM
-eagerly awaits a yes or no answer-

TE
03-21-2014, 02:49 AM

ie, differential developmental mechanisms, etc

phyzik
03-21-2014, 02:53 AM
How did the fish turn into a lizard? Why hasn't the wolf evolved into anything other than a variation of canines?

I know it is hard to understand, but think of it this way...

Why would a wolf "evolve" into a different species if it didn't naturally help them survive.... Wolves are Wolves because they thrive in their environment. There is no need for change. Same for any "Monkey" species.... They are thriving the way they are so there is no need for them to suddenly "turn human" like planet of the apes. Evolution predicates what is best for survival of a species. Wolves became Dogs because some of them (wolves) learned that they could get food from humans more easily than hunting on their own.... In return, they provided protection for humans.... Hence "mans best friend".

Fish didn't just decide "oh, I want to go on land, let me make legs for myself"...... It just became advantageous to escape predators. Once they where on land, it took them countless years to adapt to surface life. Does that mean a fish suddenly walked on land and gave birth to a human? hell no, that's ridiculous..... but taking into account 4.6 BILLION years, shit changes. My guess is, you are thinking on the scale of human history. If we put the earth's entire life and scale it down to 1 year, human history measures within the last few seconds of December 31st. We are not even a blip on the cosmic scale of the universe. You can think we are special all you want. I choose to forego the safety blanket and face reality.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 02:55 AM
call it what you will. is this a species giving birth to another species over time? i literally just want a yes or no answer

Speciation not evolution. Evolution teaches that a dog can become a cat, which is impossible.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 02:57 AM
Speciation not evolution. Evolution teaches that a dog can become a cat, which is impossible.

Evolution absolutely does not teach that.... you are reading some creationist bullshit website.

In fact, Evolution doesn't "Teach or Preach" anything.... It presents facts based on peer reviewed studies and simply allows people to view it... Weather you accept the facts or deny them are up to the individual.

Facts are still facts though.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:01 AM
Yes it does, it does on UC Berkeley. The first site that comes up when you Google evolution.

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:01 AM
Evolution teaches that a dog can become a cat.

lol.

Link?

Or is that your uneducated guess?

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:03 AM
If all life came from the Ocean, what were the fish looking for?

phyzik
03-21-2014, 03:05 AM
lol.

Link?

Or is that your uneducated guess?

LMFAO

No shit... Name me the peer reviewed scientist who claimed this shit and I will personally go shit on his porch AFTER I ring the doorbell and he answers the door.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 03:06 AM

How about you answer some questions for a change? or are you continually dodging into another corner to save yourself? You obviously view yourself as some "champion" of the holy bullshit text...... How about defending your belief for a change. We have all provided quite enough evidence to refute your claims but all you do is keep asking questions and dodging our questions. Lets see what you got....

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:08 AM
Evolution teaches that all species came from the ocean, so once again how did a fish become a small rat?

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:09 AM
Lemme guess, mllions of years. Yet it doesn't happen anymore. A cat is a cat, a dog is a dog, a fish is a fish.

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:10 AM

What are you looking for?

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:13 AM
And what were the fish looking for on land? If life began in the ocean then the land must of been full of nothing.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:14 AM
Answer the question.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 03:14 AM
Lemme guess, mllions of years. Yet it doesn't happen anymore. A cat is a cat, a dog is a dog, a fish is a fish.

actually you are wrong....

It is proven within the past 5000 years the human DNA has changed by roughly 7%.... THAT is a HUGE amount.

Now consider 4.6 BILLION years.

Now YOU ANSWER!

YOU claimed that evolution is impossible.... AGAIN, I ask that you explain Dogs. Im not asking a lot here... you claim evolution is "IMPOSSIBLE" so all I ask is a reasonable explanation on how grey wolves became all of the different species of dogs we have today.... It shouldn't be that difficult if evolution is "fake".

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:16 AM

remember when you said you checked the first link when you googled "evolution"? The Evolution 101 bit on that UC Berkley site talks about stasis.

Phyzik briefly touched on it.

it shouldn't be difficult to understand that a species might not evolve if it doesn't need to. Yet it seems to be.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Still human right? :wakeup

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Answer the question.

It was looking to survive another day.

you should really educate yourself instead of doing whatever this is you're doing.

It's just not good.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:24 AM
Survive on what?

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:27 AM
i want my yes or no answer. i said "call it what you will." you want to call it some term like speciation or evolution i dont give a fuck. yes or no

phyzik
03-21-2014, 03:31 AM

You obviously cant grasp the time scales involved, or you are just trolling.....

7% in 5000 years vs 4.6 BILLION years.....

That is an astronomical scale of change....

If you compress that down the "creationists" young earth theory, it is completely absurd to the point of "we are the center of the universe" and may as well sniff our own asses and think it smells like roses while sucking our own cocks and loving the taste of our own semen.

It really sickens me that people are this fucking stupid.

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:32 AM
life has existed less than 4.6 billion years. 4.6 billion is the age of the earth.

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:32 AM

yes.

hell, let's cut the crap and just have everyone admit it's obvious there's a invisible creator. Nobody created this creator, though.... He's just always been around.

He loves you and wants the best for you, even though he doesn't want you around him just yet. He wants you to live in a world of pain and suffering first for about 70 years.

but then when you get to Heaven, you get to walk around all day singing about how great he is for the rest of eternity.

Sure, he could have skipped on ahead to that part, but there's obviously a logical reason why he didn't. That's for us to find out when we die.

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:34 AM
Yes it does, it does on UC Berkeley. The first site that comes up when you Google evolution.
i visited that link. direct me to the part that says "a dog can become a cat"

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:35 AM
People don't go to Heaven when they die.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:35 AM
No

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:36 AM

and your response...

facepalm.

can you answer my yes or no question from above?

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:37 AM
Scientists aren't even sure what a species is. Who has the proof that we came from a fish that turned into a rat that turned into an ape?

phyzik
03-21-2014, 03:37 AM
I know that. I wasn't claiming that life existed 4.6 billion years ago, I was just using it as a reference of how long the earth has approximately been around. Life could not have started until that time. That was my frame of reference.

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:38 AM
Survive on what?

Probably just escaping from a predator. Or maybe it washed up on the shore.

Are you really this incapable of forming a logical theory?

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:39 AM
Scientists aren't even sure what a species is. Who has the proof that we came from a fish that turned into a rat that turned into an ape?
how can you on one hand call something speciation then one comment later say scientists aren't sure what a species is.

answer my yes or no question. if your answer is longer than 1 word, you are just deflecting and being purposely retarded

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:40 AM

:lmao Speciation is the evolutionary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution) process by which new biological species (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species) arise.

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:41 AM
No

there was no need to even answer. We know you can't.

Why are you being stupid here?

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:41 AM
The answer is no.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:42 AM
No its not. Species is not evolution.

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:42 AM
People don't go to Heaven when they die.

Where do you think they go

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:43 AM
New research pretty much proves it. Look for it if you want. Did anyone answer how the fish turned into a rat?

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:43 AM
The answer is no.
So you are telling me that the grey wolf being an ancestor to a Chihuahua is NOT an example of a new species emerging over time? are you suggesting that a grey wolf and chihuahua are the same?

because that was literally my question. the only way your answer could be "no" is if you acknowledge that a Chihuahua is the same species as a grey wolf, even though the two cannot breed

phyzik
03-21-2014, 03:44 AM

But if people like you would just "look" there are TONS of transitional fossils. It is at the point that it is absurd to deny it.... All you need to do is look.... The Physical evidence is there. But I suspect you are of the "God of the Gaps" type that no matter how many fossils are produced you will want another one in-between that one and the last one. If you REALLY want to know, just google transitional fossils, the amount that the have been uncovered so far is astounding. If not, keep trolling and know that you are wrong. Whatever makes you happy.

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:44 AM
New research pretty much proves it. Look for it if you want. Did anyone answer how the fish turned into a rat?

Look for it if you want.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:45 AM
Evolution claims we came from fish, rats, and apes, where is the proof?

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:45 AM

i visited that link. direct me to the part that says "a dog can become a cat"
i'm still waiting

Blake
03-21-2014, 03:46 AM
Evolution claims we came from fish, rats, and apes, where is the proof?

It's out there. Look for it if you want.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:46 AM
I'm not wrong, I know I'm right. How anyone can believe that a fish can turn into a rat is beyond me.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 03:48 AM
I'm not wrong, I know I'm right. How anyone can believe that a fish can turn into a rat is beyond me.

You're right, it is beyond your understanding. Finally we have an agreement. You are just not smart enough to understand. I agree with your stupidity.

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:49 AM
how somebody can think a Chihuahua is a grey wolf is beyond me

RD2191
Okay then, what came before the ape that we evolved from? A rat? :lmao

Blake

No, you're wrong.

But the great thing about a messageboard is that you can win an argument by simply saying you win.

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 03:51 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/031/f/b/a_beautiful_grey_wolf_by_picturebypali-d38gsr6.jpg

Robdiaz thinks this^ is the same as this:

http://bunkblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/chihuahua.jpg

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:54 AM
Lol. Can't answer the question.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:56 AM
Both canines right? I rest my case.

phyzik
03-21-2014, 03:57 AM
Okay then, what came before the ape that we evolved from? A rat? :lmao

again, you misunderstand what "theory" means in science.

You dare to claim I don't know science? LMAO.

Gravity is a "Theory" in science... debunk that as well while you are at debunking the "theory" of evolution which has stood the test of time since Darwin with no reliable anti-thesis against it except a book that was picked and chosen from several pages written by sheppards thousands of years ago....

RD2191
03-21-2014, 03:59 AM
I never said you didn't know science, I said Evolution is not possible. As a cat will never be a dog.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 04:03 AM
And Chihuahuas are a subspecies of wolf, not an entirely different species.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 04:06 AM
All bullshit aside you are very knowledgeable on various scientific subjects and I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to discuss your point of view. Obviously I'm messing around but I really don't believe in Evolution.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 04:07 AM
I guess in the end only 1 of us will be right.:lol

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 04:12 AM
And Chihuahuas are a subspecies of wolf, not an entirely different species.
:lmao ok

making up definitions as you go along i see. about an hour ago you called the wolf-dog transition "speciation" which is the change of one species to another, while now you are saying dogs and wolves are "subspecies" rofl...

a chichuahua and a wolf cannot mate/breed/produce offspring. so how did chihuahua's emerge?

sook
03-21-2014, 04:17 AM
:lmao

You guys are getting trolled by RobDickwad. Nobody is that stupid. If he is, may god rest his soul, because the very process of natural selection and evolution he refuses to acknowledge professes that he will be the first to kick the bucket as a less fit individual.

Picking fights in the NBA dish is example #1.

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 04:19 AM
i'm probably getting trolled, but i don't mind. i have spare time... its 2:20 am and i have nothing better to do besides sleep, and i'm done w/ finals so i'm good

rascal
03-21-2014, 04:35 AM

God made the big bang happen. That is how he created the 3rd dimension.

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 04:38 AM
God made the big bang happen. That is how he created the 3rd dimension.
what leads you to believe that?

rascal
03-21-2014, 04:39 AM
what leads you to believe that?

common sense

Suspect
03-21-2014, 08:04 AM
how somebody can think a Chihuahua is a grey wolf is beyond me
:rollin

phyzik
03-22-2014, 01:19 AM
I never said you didn't know science, I said Evolution is not possible. As a cat will never be a dog.

And you just exposed yourself as someone who doesn't understand evolution in even the tiniest bit.... :lol

Thanks for playing along, you just completely and utterly lost all credibility.

Of course a Cat will NEVER become a Dog.

A monkey will never be a man.

a tiger will never be an elephant.

A fish will never be a bird.

Please read about evolution, and not from some creationist website with an agenda, to understand what is going on in regards to the "tree of life".

RD2191
03-22-2014, 01:23 AM
And you just exposed yourself as someone who doesn't understand evolution in even the tiniest bit.... :lol

Thanks for playing along, you just completely and utterly lost all credibility.
Evolution=we came from fish, spin it however you would like but it is what it is. Fish to rat to lemur to ape to human. "millions of years"

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-22-2014, 01:23 AM
Athiests are the worst. They think they know everything, but I bet if I told them to expand on their opinions, they'd get very quiet.

To me it's pretty funny that they attempt to discredit Creationalism, with a separate hypothesis that really doesn't have much more proof than you "God" - which is completely hypocritical because, again, there isn't much proof of adaptation and survival of the fittest. But carry on.

RD2191
03-22-2014, 01:24 AM
Athiests are the worst. They think they know everything, but I bet if I told them to expand on their opinions, they'd get very quiet.

To me it's pretty funny that they attempt to discredit Creationalism, with a separate hypothesis that really doesn't have much more proof than you "God" - which is completely hypocritical because, again, there isn't much proof of adaptation and survival of the fittest. But carry on.
truff bomb

phyzik
03-22-2014, 01:30 AM

All I ask for is proof..... If "GOD" all of the sudden decided to show himself in all his glory to all of mankind, I would say "shit, I was wrong." and go along with my life knowing that he is real. Until then, he firmly stays in the realm of santa claus, the easter bunny and unicorns.

With the obvious growing amount of people questioning "the faith" you would think an omnipotent being would be able to show himself in some form to substantiate his existence...

Let us not forget all of the thousands of children dying every single day.... What a mercifull being you backwater fucktards revere.... :rolleyes

Even if a "supreme being" where to prove himself real, I would rather "go to hell" than be in his eternal prison that makes you praise him for fucking over millions of children and innocent people. He sounds like a total fucking egomaniac dickhead.

RD2191
03-22-2014, 01:42 AM
All I ask for is proof..... If "GOD" all of the sudden decided to show himself in all his glory to all of mankind, I would say "shit, I was wrong." and go along with my life knowing that he is real. Until then, he firmly stays in the realm of santa claus, the easter bunny and unicorns.

With the obvious growing amount of people questioning "the faith" you would think an omnipotent being would be able to show himself in some form to substantiate his existence...

Let us not forget all of the thousands of children dying every single day.... What a mercifull being you backwater fucktards revere.... :rolleyes

Even if a "supreme being" where to prove himself real, I would rather "go to hell" than be in his eternal prison that makes you praise him for fucking over millions of children and innocent people. He sounds like a total fucking egomaniac dickhead.
and teaching them that we came from monkeys helps them how exactly?

RD2191
03-22-2014, 01:44 AM

God isn't screwing anyone over, he is not in control of this world. Things happen because they do. There really is no reason as to why.

phyzik
03-22-2014, 01:45 AM
and teaching them that we came from monkeys helps them how exactly?

That supernatural bullshit is... well... bullshit....

Just be good for goodness sake.

If you need an imaginary friend to give you incentive to be a good person with the threat of fiery eternity if you are not, then you are just not a good person to begin with.

RD2191
03-22-2014, 01:49 AM
That supernatural bullshit is... well... bullshit....

Just be good for goodness sake.

If you need an imaginary friend to give you incentive to be a good person with the threat of fiery eternity if you are not, then you are just not a good person to begin with.
Most people who only serve God because they fear "burning in hell" eventually do bad things anyway. Bad people exist. I don't think going to hell would scare them as most probably don't believe in it anyway. But shit, if it keeps a few people at bay then I'm all for it.

phyzik
03-22-2014, 01:50 AM
God isn't screwing anyone over, he is not in control of this world. Things happen because they do. There really is no reason as to why.

That is a circular argument. You (read: Believers) cant claim God has "a hand" in all things and then turn around and say "oh, we have free will!". If you follow the bible, man really doesn't have "free will". It is either believe in "god" or you burn in hell..... Yeah.... some free will that is.

GOD: You are free to believe in me...... but if you don't.... BURN FUCKERS!!!! :lol

Free will according to the bible.... :rolleyes

RD2191
03-22-2014, 01:56 AM
That is a circular argument. You (read: Believers) cant claim God has "a hand" in all things and then turn around and say "oh, we have free will!". If you follow the bible, man really doesn't have "free will". It is either believe in "god" or you burn in hell..... Yeah.... some free will that is.
Not really, God is a loving God. He would never punish anyone in an eternal burning state. Free will exist, but it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want and not have to face the consequences. Which are just death, no burning or anything of the sort. Why would God keep murderers, liars, fornicators, and many other kinds of wicked people alive?

phyzik
03-22-2014, 01:57 AM
Not really, God is a loving God. He would never punish anyone in an eternal burning state. Free will exist, but it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want and not have to face the consequences. Which are just death, no burning or anything of the sort. Why would God keep murderers, liars, fornicators, and many other kinds of wicked people alive?

By the way, you never addressed Dogs in accordance with evolution. When are you going to address that? A CLEAR known process of evolution which according to you is "impossible".

Also, please explain South African people dying by the thousands every year with your "lovable" god. He seems quite inept to me and not worth following.

RD2191
03-22-2014, 02:02 AM
By the way, you never addressed Dogs in accordance with evolution. When are you going to address that? A CLEAR known process of evolution which according to you is "impossible".
I did, I said all dogs are a subspecies of the wolf/gray wolf.

phyzik
03-22-2014, 02:06 AM
I did, I said all dogs are a subspecies of the wolf/gray wolf.

Then you admit evolution is real... thanks.

To elaborate, it took only 150,000 years or so to get to where we are at in regards to "dogs".

Imagine what could happen in 4 BILLION years.

Oh... wait... you don't need to imagine.... we are already here! No magical being in the sky, no "superman" created us.

We just "are". Accept it and enjoy the life you have. Be a good person for the sake of being a good person. The threat of an eternal hell should not effect you. If you are only being good under threat from eternal damnation, than you are really not a good person. If you require a threat (hell) to be good then you are not intrinsically good yourself. You are being "good" under false pretenses and only doing so for your own gain.

I do not believe in a "heaven" or a "hell" or even a divine being that is going to ultimately decide my fate after I die..... I live my life according to my own rules.... If there is some judgment after I am gone from this world then I will accept it, and I will say fuck the judge if he condemns me... I'd rather be with my peers than be in an eternal prison of boredom with my fellow humans who agreed to subjugation to a "god" who allowed all the suffering going on in this world.

RD2191
03-22-2014, 02:36 AM
:lolNo I don't. And that is not evolution. Evolution claims that we evolved from a fish, it doesn't matter if you think it doesn't, but it does. Fish to rat to lemur to ape to human. Why do you keep bringing up hell? Hell does not exist, it just means common grave. And I don't try to be a good person because I'm afraid of God, I try because I appreciate the life he has given me and because I love God, it is not out of fear. I also just enjoy doing good things and helping other people.

RD2191
03-22-2014, 02:47 AM
http://multilingualmamadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/1876-haeckels_chart_of_human_evolution.jpg

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 03:40 AM
there's no point arguing with somebody who thinks that a Chihuahua and a grey wolf are the same species

RD2191
03-22-2014, 03:44 AM
and you think we came from fish, so???

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 03:52 AM
what you mentioned is a theory that is based on a long, complicated process that you refuse to understand... however, thinking that a chihuahua and a grey wolf are the same species is literally looking at a fact and denying it

your problem is you are implying that for evolution to be accurate, a fish must have given birth to a lizard at some point

RD2191
03-22-2014, 03:59 AM
not true, I asked how and why did the fish turn into a lizard? millions of years was all I got. can a cat become a fish or a rat or a monkey or even a bird?

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 04:04 AM
a fish did not become a lizard, just like a wolf did not become a chihuahua. no wolf has ever, EVER given birth to a chihuahua, just like no fish has ever given birth to a lizard.

your core misunderstanding of the theory of evolution is probably why you are so quick to reject it

Blake
03-22-2014, 09:16 AM

I'm more of an apathetic agnostic so I don't have much of an expanded opinion on the beginning of the universe.

but how about you expand on your opinion on creationism. Be sure to include exactly what God is, his purpose for us, which religion you subscribe to, what book (s) you subscribe to and all possible destinations after we die.

K thanks. :tu

Blake
03-22-2014, 09:29 AM
http://multilingualmamadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/1876-haeckels_chart_of_human_evolution.jpg

did someone just come up with chart? It looks brand new and not from the late 1800s at all

DMX7
03-22-2014, 11:16 AM

Random event. Lol.

xmas1997
03-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Some people on here don't seem to realize there is a huge difference between being facetious or sarcastic, and trolling, smack talk, and spamming.
It is what it is.

LittleCriminal
03-22-2014, 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxrxnPG05SU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

phyzik
04-01-2014, 01:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxrxnPG05SU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

perfect example of creationists, lol.... I love Futurama.

TheWriter
04-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Wait, Robdiaz = Mouse?

Two10Whitey
04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
"Evolution is impossible! The big bang is just ridiculous! It's quite obvious God created everything in 6 days.. It's the only logical explanation.." :lmao