PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Carmelo's top two choices are Bulls and Rockets

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Anthony has free-agent options, and two have risen above everything else: Chicago and Houston, sources with direct knowledge of his plans told Yahoo Sports. The Bulls have an easier path to clear the necessary salary-cap space to sign Anthony, but the Rockets believe they can shed the contracts necessary to offer a third near-max deals alongside Dwight Howard and James Harden, league sources said.

"He'll give New York every option," one source with knowledge of Anthony's plans told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday. "But he has options – and he's going to explore them all."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phil-jackson-takes-charge-of-the-knicks--james-dolan-takes-his-cue-to-get-lost-230358424.html

If Thibs or any defensive minded coach was coaching in Houston, I'd say do it.

MeloHype
03-18-2014, 07:08 PM
:lol Lakers

RsxPiimp
03-18-2014, 07:12 PM
:lmao @ thinking he'll end up with the Rockets

Clipper Nation
03-18-2014, 07:13 PM
:lmao Rockets
:lmao Selfish fat fuck Melo, James "no D, no offense without refs" Harden, and Dwert Pls on the same team

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 07:15 PM
:lmao @ thinking he'll end up with the Rockets
No one is begging.

RsxPiimp
03-18-2014, 07:16 PM
You can have melo tbh

:lmao

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 07:18 PM
You can have melo tbh

Just a second ago, you didn't think it'd be possible. Now, You sound like your feelings are hurt.

HemisfairArena
03-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Harden, 'Melo, and Howard on the same team? Give them the trophy and save everyone the trouble. It would be unstoppable. Not gonna happen though...Rockets wont be able to free up the salary and 'Melo wont leave 30 mil on the table with Phil Jackson coming to town.

MeloHype
03-18-2014, 07:19 PM
You can have melo tbh

Gasol resign for 6-7 million for 1 yr...Love and Melo split 23 million and we're in bizness

Katherine Robinson
03-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Laker fans can let out a sigh of relief

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Parsons will demand near max money, (That's not my opinion, that's what I've read) so I'd consider Melo.

Clipper Nation
Harden, 'Melo, and Howard on the same team? Give them the trophy and save everyone the trouble. It would be unstoppable.

It would be last year's Lakers redux, especially with McFail as coach :lol

TDMVPDPOY
lol bulls? making a deal with the stupid knicks again? look for the robs them in a lopsided deal again just like in previous past between the 2 teams when making trades...

bulls need to get rid of rose and start inserting another player into the system

LkrFan
03-18-2014, 07:24 PM
I hope he goes to Chicago. A healthy Rose/Melo/Noah trio, plus Thibbs' defensive schemes would take out the cHeat tbh.

HemisfairArena
03-18-2014, 07:25 PM

Naw...it'd be a more athletic Miami Heat team. LeBron is obviously better than 'Melo but Harden would crush Wade and Howard would crush Bosh. Hell..this Rocket team is crushing my Spurs this year and just imagine if they had 'Melo.

Clipper Nation
03-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Naw...it'd be a more athletic Miami Heat team. LeBron is obviously better than 'Melo but Harden would crush Wade and Howard would crush Bosh.
Problem is, Melo, Harden, and Dwight are all selfish and mental midgets.... what makes Miami's Big Three work where other superteams in the past haven't is that LeBron plays an unselfish, team-first style and Bosh is willing to accept a third-banana role - who's going to do either of those things on that hypothetical Rockets team?

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Problem is, Melo, Harden, and Dwight are all selfish and mental midgets.... what makes Miami's Big Three work where other superteams in the past haven't is that LeBron plays an unselfish, team-first style and Bosh is willing to accept a third-banana role - who's going to do either of those things on that hypothetical Rockets team?
Harden isn't selfish.

MeloHype
03-18-2014, 07:30 PM
I hope he goes to Chicago. A healthy Rose/Melo/Noah trio, plus Thibbs' defensive schemes would take out the cHeat tbh.no it wouldn't, only way Pacers/Bulls beat Miami is if Wade, James, or Bosh get injured

Mugen
Still hoping FatMelo's gross wife can convince him to come to LA tbh.

RsxPiimp

A Flopper, a chucker and a mental midget walked into a bar...

Clipper Nation
03-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Harden isn't selfish.

Harden's continued refusal to play defense and his lazy attitude on that end even though it hurts his team is extremely selfish, tbh....

DPG21920
03-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Melo would be a terrific fit on either team IMO. Especially Chi if Rose gets healthy.

Clipper Nation
03-18-2014, 07:32 PM
I do agree that Chicago is probably Fatmelo's best fit, they're desperate for anyone who can create offense....

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Harden's continued refusal to play defense and his lazy attitude on that end even though it hurts his team is extremely selfish, tbh....

He has played ALOT better D since early in the season when Dwight got on him about it.

DPG21920
03-18-2014, 07:37 PM
I think if CHI was to get Melo however, they would need to add another shooter or two to help out. Spacing could be an issue there.

HemisfairArena
03-18-2014, 07:38 PM
If someone were to leave thier personal feelings at the door.. I would dare them to find a better big 3 in the league if Houston got 'Melo....Harden/'Melo/Howard....none better...especially with the big 3 winding down in Miami.

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 07:40 PM
However, if OKC doesn't win in the next two years or make the finals, then I'd make the obvious move for Durant.

Rogue
03-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Rin's gonna make 15m next season, don't think they can "shed" it by any means. When the Lockets signed that contract their intention was to screw NY's chance at the 14' FA market so the Knicks wouldn't match the offer (and they didn't), but now it seems like the Lockets are going to taste the bitter medicine made by themselves.

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Rin's gonna make 15m next season, don't think they can "shed" it by any means. When the Lockets signed that contract their intention was to screw NY's chance at the 14' FA market so the Knicks wouldn't match the offer (and they didn't), but now it seems like the Lockets are going to taste the bitter medicine made by themselves.
Cap relief, teams will trade for expirings.

LkrFan
03-18-2014, 07:48 PM
no it wouldn't, only way Pacers/Bulls beat Miami is if Wade, James, or Bosh get injured
Agree to disagree. A healthy Rose shits on Chalmers, Flat Top dude, TOSB -Wade. Bron can't check Melo. And I trust Noah to lock down Bosh Spice. Then I expect Thibbs' defense to take care of the rest (i.e. role players that make it a habit of bailing out Bron just in the nick of time in the Finals).

The only issue would be if Rose is healthy or not (big if). Thibbs is a brilliant defensive mind that has historically made LBJ work extremely hard to get his. Now he'd have Bron having to expend energy guarding Melo? Advantage: Bulls.

MeloHype
03-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Agree to disagree. A healthy Rose shits on Chalmers, Flat Top dude, TOSB -Wade. Bron can't check Melo. And I trust Noah to lock down Bosh Spice. Then I expect Thibbs' defense to take care of the rest (i.e. role players that make it a habit of bailing out Bron just in the nick of time in the Finals).

The only issue would be if Rose is healthy or not (big if). Thibbs is a brilliant defensive mind that has historically made LBJ work extremely hard to get his. Now he'd have Bron having to expend energy guarding Melo? Advantage: Bulls.Battier would guard Melo not LeBron

irishock
03-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Bron can't check Melo

:lol...

DPG21920
As soon as Lebron switches off onto Rose, it's over. An MVP level Rose couldn't break that and Melo isn't enough IMO.

Rogue
Cap relief, teams will trade for expirings.
yes, but you'd take back contracts of equivalent value which would continue to count against your salary cap and kill your chance at any big name FA. Except the Lockets, all the other 29 teams know Rin is a scrub and none of them would wanna pay 15m for the one-year service of that yellow faggot, tbh.

Rogue
03-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Getting Melo or not, DH will remain happy as long as he can get cheap pussies in the Anuston. Lockets fans are fooling themselves if they think DH has more appetite for championships than their 7'6 yellow hero did.

HemisfairArena
03-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Battier would guard Melo not LeBron

A 36 year old Battier would guard 'Melo. I'd make sure 'Melo touches the ball every single time down the floor.

Bulaien999
03-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Really mixed feelings, I mean if melo goes to Houston, he finally doesn't have to carry the team... but still, could be cancer and ruin the remaining years of dwight and harden

Trainwreck2100
Should have traded asik when they hAd the chance

MeloHype
A 36 year old Battier would guard 'Melo. I'd make sure 'Melo touches the ball every single time down the floor.Battier does a good job guarding Melo tbh

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Really mixed feelings, I mean if melo goes to Houston, he finally doesn't have to carry the team... but still, could be cancer and ruin the remaining years of dwight and harden
They will need a new coach either way.

Double-Up
03-18-2014, 08:06 PM
Melo would be a terrific fit on either team IMO. Especially Chi if Rose gets healthy.

Speak the real to these niggas. Anytime you can add a player of Melo's caliber you do it and work of the chinks later.

DPG21920
03-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Melo was good enough to take a healthy Jason Kidd/Tyson Chandler/JR Smith to 50+ wins in the East last year. Dwight is better than Tyson and Harden is a much better version of JR Smith. Plus he has much better role players as well with Houston. He would be a very good fit because he plays a key position that opens up a ton of options for HOU or CHI. Small ball with Lin/Harden/Parsons/Melo/Howard would be sick.

LkrFan
03-18-2014, 08:28 PM
:lol...

He can't, consistently. A few possessions here and there? Sure. For 35-48 minutes? No. Take a look at their head to head matchups before he colluded and get back to me if you still think my post is funny. I'll save you some trouble: Nuggets owned the Cavs during their tenure. Melo is a load on that block. I think I'll call him Meload. :lol

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 08:30 PM
He can't, consistently. A few possessions here and there? Sure. For 35-48 minutes? No. Take a look at their head to head matchups before he colluded and get back to me if you still think my post is funny. I'll save you some trouble: Nuggets owned the Cavs during their tenure. Melo is a load on that block. I think I'll call him Meload. :lol

Sounds homosexual, like your Master Kobe.

LethalLebron
03-18-2014, 08:31 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/efgeas.png

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 08:33 PM

:lol

Clipper Nation
03-18-2014, 08:36 PM

As I've said, LkrFan needs to stop having basketball takes altogether, they all suck :lol

Rogue
03-18-2014, 08:39 PM

Battier is more of a system defender than a 1on1 defender imho. Dude's help defense is the best of his generation but he might often bungle his job when he's asked to defend an elite scorer by himself. Even Ron Artest once took a big wet shit on Battier, if I remember correct.

SpurSwag
03-18-2014, 08:53 PM
If he isn't gonna stay in New York, I hope he goes to Chicago. Noah deserves a star offensive player who can stay on the court to help him lead that dog shit team somewhere, and he can go back to conserving himself on defense so he can be fresh late in games due to Noah and Gibson's dominance defensively.

Captivus
03-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah...keep bringing players to the west...smh...

Robz4000
03-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Melo was good enough to take a healthy Jason Kidd/Tyson Chandler/JR Smith to 50+ wins in the East last year. Dwight is better than Tyson and Harden is a much better version of JR Smith. Plus he has much better role players as well with Houston. He would be a very good fit because he plays a key position that opens up a ton of options for HOU or CHI. Small ball with Lin/Harden/Parsons/Melo/Howard would be sick.

Was thinking they'd have to trade Parsons if they wanna sign Melo but if they could flip Jones and Asik for him that'd be huge. Spurs/Thunder could contain Harden/Melo/Dwert but not Harden/Parsons/Melo/Dwert.

HI-FI
03-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Was thinking they'd have to trade Parsons if they wanna sign Melo but if they could flip Jones and Asik for him that'd be huge. Spurs/Thunder could contain Harden/Melo/Dwert but not Harden/Parsons/Melo/Dwert.
is Houston way over the tax or is Morey that good? that team with Melo would be nasty. Hopefully Spurs can win one more if that shit hits the fan.

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 09:11 PM
is Houston way over the tax or is Morey that good? that team with Melo would be nasty. Hopefully Spurs can win one more if that shit hits the fan.

Rockets would have to trade Lin and Asik. They are currently under.

To make the salary math work, the Rockets would likely need to find homes for Jeremy Lin (http://clutchfans.net/players/jeremy_lin/) and Omer Asik (http://clutchfans.net/players/omer_asik/) — either through a direct sign-and-trade with New York or to another team for cap relief, such as Houston’s trade thatsent Thomas Robinson to Portland (http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4165/rockets-trade-thomas-robinson-to-blazers/) last summer before signing Howard.

And then there's this,

If the cap goes to $62.9 million next year the Rockets could trade Asik, Dmo, Jones. .... and waive and stretch Lin if they want to and create $17.6 million of cap space.

Robz4000
03-18-2014, 09:12 PM

They'd have to dump some salary (Asik, Lin, prolly a couple others) but it's possible imo. Spurs would definitely be fucked unless they could land a marque FA themselves (which we all know won't happen).

DPG21920
03-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Parson's makes so little it makes no sense to move him. If they can move Asik/Lin, all they have to do is waive Brewer/Casspi and they should have about 43M committed to their roster. If the cap stays at 58M they would have about 15M to offer him. If the cap goes up, they can offer more.

Robz4000
03-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Didn't think about a small ball lineup tbh.

DPG21920
03-18-2014, 09:21 PM
The HOU small ball line up (even assuming Lin is not there) would easily be the best in the league. Melo beasts at PF and they have a ton of shooting/ball handling. It would surely suck.

HI-FI
03-18-2014, 09:23 PM
If the cap goes to $62.9 million next year the Rockets could trade Asik, Dmo, Jones. .... and waive and stretch Lin if they want to and create $17.6 million of cap space. [/COLOR]

They'd have to dump some salary (Asik, Lin, prolly a couple others) but it's possible imo. Spurs would definitely be fucked unless they could land a marque FA themselves (which we all know won't happen).
:tu

Melo certainly has some good choices between Chicago and Htown. As long as it's not the Lakers or Heat, I won't be pissed. Hopefully Spurs can have a happy ending with Duncan, then take a year off, then rejoin the fight.

Robz4000
03-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Yep. Defensively it would prolly suck tho. Only plus defenders would be Dwert and Beverly.

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Beverley/Harden/Parsons/Melo/Howard

Just get a real coach now and

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/that-booty-had-me-like-gif.gif

lefty
03-18-2014, 09:28 PM
:lmao Selfish fat fuck Melo, James
Pretty much :lol

http://img.pandawhale.com/54414-Tropic-Thunder-RDJ-Suck-my-uni-8FBg.jpeg

HI-FI
03-18-2014, 09:35 PM
Pretty much :lol

http://img.pandawhale.com/54414-Tropic-Thunder-RDJ-Suck-my-uni-8FBg.jpeg

:lol

Technique
03-18-2014, 10:09 PM

The rockets disrespected the Knicks by ripping a contract from them for the hottest player in the league at the time. I guess Lin didn't sell enough jerseys.

sook
03-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Do not want.

LkrFan
03-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Sounds homosexual, like your Master Kobe.SMH

angrydude
03-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Should have traded asik when they hAd the chance

they could trade asik whenever they wanted. They just didn't like the offers they were getting. I'm sure they could "dump" him on somebody. Hell they could trade him to the knicks.

Sean Cagney
03-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Phil will get him to stay in NY, watch. I don't buy he is leaving.

LkrFan
03-18-2014, 10:54 PM
As I've said, LkrFan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18824) needs to stop having basketball takes altogether, they all suck :lol
56 wins, and a first round exit, just like the Lakers, must suck. Don'tcha think? :downspin:

Killakobe81
03-18-2014, 10:56 PM
:lol Lakers

Don't want ... not at a max contract.
So this is good news ...

LOL Thinking Melo shunning Lakers is bad news ...

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Don't want ... not at a max contract.
So this is good news ...

Watch he take less than the max :lol Idk just kidding. He probably won't.

Killakobe81
03-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Watch he take less than the max :lol Idk just kidding. He probably won't.

Doesnt matter Dwight took one less year ...
If we have to pay max money to get anyone not named ...Durant or Lebron we overpaid.
If they take less to play for a contender what does that matter because:

A- We are not contenders currently
B- If we shouldnt sign them at a max and that is what they want who cares if they take less elsewhere?

spurraider21
03-18-2014, 11:39 PM
fucking CIA Phil doing the Lakers a solid and keeping Melo in new york... bullshit. i wanted to see Melo on the Lakers

td4mvp2k
03-18-2014, 11:41 PM

:cry

Clipper Nation
03-19-2014, 12:01 AM
56 wins, and a first round exit, just like the Lakers, must suck. Don'tcha think? :downspin:
:lol If my takes were as bad as yours, Esteban, I'd be deflecting too....