PDA

View Full Version : 7-11 worker fired (?) for giving cup of coffee to homeless man

Blake
03-19-2014, 12:13 PM
BOSTON, MA -A 7-11 worker finds herself off the schedule and out of work after being a good samaritan.......

I'll give him a small cup of coffee. *it costs about $1.13," explain Lins.....

...But then the store owner Romany Youseff came in .....screaming at him asking him if he paid for it."Ava admits lying to stop the argument but the next day she admitted it all to Youseff."I said he did not pay for the coffee. I admitted I had lied and he asked me to pay for it," remember Lins.She did pay but later Ava tells FOX she found herself off the schedule...."

Youseff denies it all.Youseff says, "No no no no no that's not the story... that's not the story."

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/25008031/7-11-employee-fired-for-helping-homeless

I like how she's a good Samaritan by giving away coffee that she didn't pay for.

Lmao "no no no no no no no no noooooooo"

I. Hustle
03-19-2014, 12:22 PM
I like how she's a good Samaritan by giving away coffee that she didn't pay for.

Lmao "no no no no no no no no noooooooo"

I kind of agree. I good samaritan would have paid for it right there herself or taken the money out of the help the kid with cancer jar.

How is this bitch gonna complain when she gave away something that wasn't hers. If she took that then what else did she take thinking "It's only $1.13"?

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2014, 12:24 PM
It's not 1.13 for the store, thats just the price they charge. Probably worth it to get the homeless guy out of there

I. Hustle
03-19-2014, 12:40 PM
It's not 1.13 for the store, thats just the price they charge. Probably worth it to get the homeless guy out of there

You're right. It's not $1.13 to the store. It's less. It's probably .13. They still lost out on that profit though. Does it say he was chilling in the store?

Chris
03-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Think about all the coffee and cups they throw away. I know its the principle, but logically the owner is in the wrong. Most likely its a personal vendetta, or there may be a history of this man mooching off the store. If that's the case, then I can completely understand the owner putting his foot down.

Wild Cobra
03-19-2014, 01:29 PM
It's the opposite.

Give free coffee, and you are asking for repeat homeless customers asking for more free coffee. Things like this turn around and reduce paying customers.

I would say "you're fired" too!

RD2191
03-19-2014, 01:33 PM
How's your wife?

InRareForm
03-19-2014, 01:42 PM
7-11 coffee taste like shit

Blake
03-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Think about all the coffee and cups they throw away. I know its the principle, but logically the owner is in the wrong.

even though it's irrelevant, how much coffee do they throw away? I'm actually curious.

I. Hustle
03-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Not the fresh stuff.

CubanSucks
03-19-2014, 03:46 PM

yep

It wouldn't even be that compassionate even if she did pay. It's fucking coffee. Get them some food or gatorade or something remotely good for them.

baseline bum
03-19-2014, 03:50 PM
I would have fired her too, even if she paid the $1.13 out of her pocket. No way I want a bunch of fucking homeless coming to my store and thinking they can get free shit.

Blake
03-19-2014, 03:54 PM
yep

It wouldn't even be that compassionate even if she did pay. It's fucking coffee. Get them some food or gatorade or something remotely good for them.

or water......

The Gemini Method
03-19-2014, 04:04 PM
yep

Is there anything remotely healthy for them at a 7-11?

CubanSucks
03-19-2014, 04:54 PM
or water......

I thought that but then again you can get the ol' cup-a-water anywhere anyway. That's why every place has those small clear cups

Is there anything remotely healthy for them at a 7-11?

Plenty of stuff better than coffee. The fucking junkie probably couldn't get anything else atm so he settled on the caffeine from the naive gas station clerk

Rogue
03-19-2014, 06:37 PM
good hearted bitches are rare these days... hope she finds a decent job somewhere else (fuck 7-11) or finds a decent dude to get married to.

Sybok
03-19-2014, 07:00 PM
You're right. It's not $1.13 to the store. It's less. It's probably .13. They still lost out on that profit though. Does it say he was chilling in the store?

It certainly is a 1:13. If it was paid for it would be.

Shrink is a huge profit killer for retail. Employees are the biggest culprits.

CubanSucks
03-19-2014, 07:37 PM
good hearted bitches are rare these days... hope she finds a decent job somewhere else (fuck 7-11) or finds a decent dude to get married to.

Fuck off, faggot

DD
03-19-2014, 07:40 PM
No joke, 7-11 eggrolls are amazing

spurraider21
03-20-2014, 03:18 AM
it doesn't matter one bit if they were going to throw some coffee away at the end of a day. a restaurant doesn't give away all their leftover fish for free anyway, even if its about to go bad. its a matter of principle, and you dont want customers to tell others you gave free shit.

Blake
03-20-2014, 07:07 PM
update:

In a striking example of poetic justice, a Massachusetts teenager who says she was fired from 7-Eleven for giving a cup of coffee to a homeless man has landed a new job within days—at a homeless-services organization.

“My lesson learned is that good deeds pay off,” Ava Lins, 19, tells Yahoo Shine. “Do what you believe is the right thing, and stand up for what you believe in. Only good things will come of it.”

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/7-eleven-clerk-fired-for-helping-homeless-man-gets-rewarded-with-better-job-185434376.html

:cry such a good kid, doing a good deed on someone else's dollar. Glad it worked it out for her. :cry