PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: rivalry with Clippers and fallout from new CBA

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 12:44 AM
the elephant in the room, the bean3r in Fukushima if you will, is where does this rivalry go from here in today's NBA? is this season a sign of things to come, with Clippers being the hot team and Lakers trying to pick up the pieces?

Do Lakers eventually get the upper hand and treat Clippers like the little brother like they have for 30+ years, or has a sea change already happened? Obviously Lakers will spend more, but I always hear how LA is the ultimate destination, which I don't necessarily agree but Clippers offer the same amenities, so this could be interesting imo.

Michael Jordan.
03-20-2014, 12:45 AM
There's no rivalry. Jim fucked that up.

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 12:48 AM
There's no rivalry. Jim fucked that up.

definitely he screwed things up now but I mean more long term, 5+ years etc....unless Fredo fucked it up that badly.

Kool Bob Love
03-20-2014, 12:49 AM
Don't forget about Jeanie.

Clipper Nation
03-20-2014, 12:52 AM
The Lakers will always have the bigger local fanbase, bandwagon, and media presence since they moved to LA first and had more success right off the bat, but the Clippers have a niche and it's growing, tbh.... it definitely helps that the Clippers are now run by competent people (Eric Miller, Gary Sacks, and Doc) whereas the Lakers are being run into the ground by Fredo, though :lol

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 12:54 AM
Don't forget about Jeanie.

damn. maybe Fredo and my nig Chaz are more sensible than her.

Michael Jordan.
03-20-2014, 12:55 AM
She was offering her body for Dwight :lol

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 12:57 AM
She was offering her body for Dwight :lol
she's a very bangable bitch imo. Phil is smart to exploit the Triangle on her.

Clipper Nation
03-20-2014, 12:57 AM
As I've said for years now, Lakerfan who insist she'd be any better than Fredo are delusional :lol

They are totally fucked with dysfuctional and ignorant owners no matter what, tbh....

Kool Bob Love
03-20-2014, 01:01 AM
As I've said for years now, Lakerfan who insist she'd be any better than Fredo are delusional :lol

They are totally fucked with dysfuctional and ignorant owners no matter what, tbh....

Joey buss. He's the only one that has a chance to change shit.

http://youtu.be/TPOCyZeVHF4

Just gotta have Jim and Jen fucking shit up. So Joey doesn't get a fair chance to fix the lakers.

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 01:06 AM

They're still the Lakers, so I could see the NBA throwing some shekels their way if shit gets really bad, I just don't see it being as obvious and ridiculous as under Stern.

StrengthAndHonor
03-20-2014, 01:26 AM
Lakers have more appeal but as long as Kobe plays for them, they will not attract any big name Free Agents, never mind the fact they have virtually no cap space to build a contender.

Its a 5 year plan for the Lakers, I suspect in this time frame, the Clippers will dominate the L.A. Basketball fanbase.

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2014, 01:38 AM
Kobe got paid max money for his age. Jeanie couldn't have paid him more

Def Rowe
03-20-2014, 01:49 AM
Joey buss. He's the only one that has a chance to change shit.

I'm looking forward to what Donald Sterlings son has on the Clippers future plans as an organization moving forward. Oh wait, he's already a dead guy.

scanry
03-20-2014, 03:19 AM
I'm looking forward to what Donald Sterlings son has on the Clippers future plans as an organization moving forward. Oh wait, he's already a dead guy.

Just wait. Sherlock will cashin in about a year or two when the Clipper stock will be at an all time high.

Seventyniner
03-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Kobe got paid max money for his age. Jeanie couldn't have paid him more

False. Kobe's contract was from the old CBA so he could get up to 105% (I think) of this year's salary as a starting point for the extension. I think the absolute most he could have gotten on a 2-year extension is around $65M.

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2014, 02:55 PM

So he's dead like jerry buss?

Katherine Robinson
03-20-2014, 03:04 PM
LA fans have trouble accepting the Clippers as just like the Lakers have a history of success, the Clippers has one of failure. A decades time of failure would shift the balance somewhat.