PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi and Parker's highlights from the recent Lakers game

playbonner15
03-20-2014, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gBOv60glRM

Some things I noticed:
1. Enrique keeps barrelling his way into 3-4 defenders while the others stand around and watch
2. Simmons doesn't shut up :blah

PÒÓCH
03-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Bill Simmons reminds me of unflushed feces.

DarrinS
03-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Who decided that Bill Simmons would be good on TV?

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Who decided that Bill Simmons would be good on TV?
it's a sign of his growing influence on espn imo, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. it started with his SportsGuy, then the Grantland, 30 on 30, then being heavily involved in ESPN's NBA stuff. I think he's got some good ideas, but there is no way he'd ever get hired to do commentating on his voice or presence alone.

DarrinS
03-20-2014, 09:47 PM
it's a sign of his growing influence on espn imo, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. it started with his SportsGuy, then the Grantland, 30 on 30, then being heavily involved in ESPN's NBA stuff. I think he's got some good ideas, but there is no way he'd ever get hired to do commentating on his voice or presence alone.

I used to enjoy some of his writing, but he's pretty bad on live tv. His takes during last years playoffs were exceptionally bad.

itzsoweezee
03-20-2014, 09:59 PM
The fact that he believes the Sixers would not make it past the second round of the ncaa tournament shows you how little he knows about basketball. He's basically a fan that got hooked up with a nice gig and parlayed it into the big time.

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 10:01 PM
I used to enjoy some of his writing, but he's pretty bad on live tv. His takes during last years playoffs were exceptionally bad.

shit I don't remember his playoff opinions from last year, not sure if I should. I thought he was good during the NBA draft. I really dig his basketball writing, it seems like he's genuinely passionate about improving the game. Now his NFL analysis is terrible, it's basically "Brady shoot it all over me.....my dad is still winning Father of the Year" etc....

spurraider21
03-20-2014, 10:11 PM
i dont mind Simmons so much, he brings some humor. i also prefer this new version of jalen rose instead of his previous persona as stephen a. smith wannabe

Juggity
03-21-2014, 02:32 AM
I think Simmons is entertaining. He has a childlike enthusiasm and typically solid takes on the NBA from a historical perspective. Though of course because he loves to talk he has some pretty whacked out ideas that he has to share, particularly w/r/t trades and sometimes w/r/t players from teams he doesn't watch very often that he completely misjudges (Diaw shooting 3s for instance). And of course, part of his schtick is talking about his dad and the celtics all the time, which is a running joke now that he plays up for comedic effect. That said, I think his good takes outweigh his bad ones, and frankly it's fun to hear a little less conventional analysis and more breezy, big-picture commentary from time to time with a little humor sprinkled in. Obviously, Simmons isn't going to be doing color commentary on playoff games, and he shouldn't (though I'd definitely prefer he do it over a knuckledragging trash heap of a commentator like Reggie Miller). But I like what he and Jalen Rose are doing on Grantland and the chemistry/catchphrases they've developed.

Boomersgold
03-21-2014, 02:57 AM
I think Simmons is entertaining. He has a childlike enthusiasm and typically solid takes on the NBA from a historical perspective. Though of course because he loves to talk he has some pretty whacked out ideas that he has to share, particularly w/r/t trades and sometimes w/r/t players from teams he doesn't watch very often that he completely misjudges (Diaw shooting 3s for instance). And of course, part of his schtick is talking about his dad and the celtics all the time, which is a running joke now that he plays up for comedic effect. That said, I think his good takes outweigh his bad ones, and frankly it's fun to hear a little less conventional analysis and more breezy, big-picture commentary from time to time with a little humor sprinkled in. Obviously, Simmons isn't going to be doing color commentary on playoff games, and he shouldn't (though I'd definitely prefer he do it over a knuckledragging trash heap of a commentator like Reggie Miller). But I like what he and Jalen Rose are doing on Grantland and the chemistry/catchphrases they've developed.

Simmons is the worst thing to happen to NBA media since Rick Barry in the 80s. Hilariously bad takes, and cringe-worthy humor; I'd say about 90% of what he says somehow involves the Celtics. Unlike Simmons, you can tell that Miller's actually followed more than one team.

Juggity
03-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Unlike Simmons, you can tell that Miller's actually followed more than one team.

Gonna have to disagree with that point. Never have I seen someone proven so wrong, so often on a such a large stage and get to keep his job. Reggie Miller offers nothing but incorrect butthurt-induced takes and lingering resentment over his failure to win a ring in the NBA. He's really an embarrassment to the sport.

look_at_g_shred
03-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Simmons > Miller I like Simmons because he's unpredictable as to what he will say next and is not afraid to give his opinion. Doesn't conform to the world of "cliche" when commentating. Miller is just plain garbage.