PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Texas Tech Recuiting sponsored by lolutsa and by embarassing bell ringer guy

Pages : [1] 2

Blake
03-20-2014, 06:53 PM
"......Stephenville quarterback Jarrett Stidham gave his verbal pledge just days after making an unofficial visit. Stidham is the No. 1 ranked dual-threat quarterback in the nation.

“I had visited Tech and Lubbock before, but this visit was different,” Stidham told Rivals.com on Thursday. “I got to spend a lot of one on one time with the coaches, the entire staff was there and I mean everyone.”

“I watched game film of the Holiday Bowl with Coach Kingsbury and Coach (Eric) Morris. They went over some of the plays calls, the various formations, and some of the reads. I would say watching film with coach Kingsbury and getting to interact with him in the film room was one of my favorite parts of the visit.”

Stidham chose Texas Tech over offers from Alabama, Auburn, Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M and others."

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/texas-tech-lands-stephenville-signal-caller-jarrett-stidham-the-nations-top-dual-threat-qb.html/

Blake
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WK_78IMeawg/UO3e3PFfEtI/AAAAAAAAFYo/JU8lYoO1OJs/s1600/texas-tech-bell-ringer.gif

FkLA
03-20-2014, 07:27 PM
That could go a long way towards alleviating the huge voids at QB. Maybe he'll be as good as Saint Soza one day tbh.

Thompson
03-21-2014, 09:49 PM
I was actually glad Tech got him - Kyler Murray had narrowed his choices to A&M, Tech and Ohio, so eliminating Tech helps us.

monosylab1k
03-22-2014, 12:15 AM
What is with Texas schools and their overtly homosexual traditions? From the elephant walk to the jizz jar to the bell ring jerkoff session to being a UT fan, its all homoerotic and embarrassing.

ThePop
03-22-2014, 12:18 AM
I was actually glad Tech got him - Kyler Murray had narrowed his choices to A&M, Tech and Ohio, so eliminating Tech helps us.

Yeah like he's really considering other schools.

Thompson
03-22-2014, 12:23 AM
He might if Kenny Hill is our starter and Kyle Allen redshirts; otherwise, he's a legacy and will (hopefully) start at A&M after Allen leaves for the NFL. He may also play baseball for us.

Twisted_Dawg
03-22-2014, 09:57 AM
What is with Texas schools and their overtly homosexual traditions? From the elephant walk to the jizz jar to the bell ring jerkoff session to being a UT fan, its all homoerotic and embarrassing.

Did you forget the milkmen?

Blake
03-22-2014, 10:25 AM

http://www.utsa.edu/today/images/graphics/rowdy2.jpg

DMX7
03-22-2014, 10:59 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WK_78IMeawg/UO3e3PFfEtI/AAAAAAAAFYo/JU8lYoO1OJs/s1600/texas-tech-bell-ringer.gif

That is humiliating.

Blake
03-22-2014, 03:45 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3209925/bell-ringer-jack-off-o_medium.gif

DMX7
03-22-2014, 06:21 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3209925/bell-ringer-jack-off-o_medium.gif

I remember that one... even worse.

Blake
03-24-2014, 08:11 AM
4 star wide receiver Ryan Newsome:

It was my first time out, I loved it. Stidham was with me the whole time. I got some good vibes about everything, it was a good visit. Everybody was very welcoming, waiting on me to get there. Everybody was nice, the assistants, the girls that were with me were really nice too, and pretty too, so it was a good deal.”

“There’s definitely a shot, a good chance [of committing to Tech], a good possibility,” Newsome said. “With my boy (Jarrett Stidham) being (committed) there and knowing that quarterback position is going to be stable for a good minute, that’ll get me a lot of exposure early for the NFL. Ultimately it’ll be a business decision in the end, which school will get me the best exposure. Let everybody know to stay tuned. I enjoyed it, I really did.

“One thing they really need is speed,” Newsome said. “Jakeem (Grant) is going to be leaving pretty soon and they’re looking for somebody to fill his spot. They said I’m definitely the guy for it. They’ve offered a handful of guys in case I go elsewhere, but they said I’m their number one choice for wide receiver.”

“They see me after Jakeem leaves they are going to need somebody to fill that void right away. They feel I can come in and start as a true freshman, but I’ll have to compete for it and that’s what I want.”

[about UT:]
....I still feel like they are still trying to figure out what they want to do."

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Ryan-Newsome-TxTech-Visit-26517679/1

Lmao "the girls with me were nice and pretty"

DMX7
03-24-2014, 11:58 PM
4 star wide receiver Ryan Newsome:

Lmao "the girls with me were nice and pretty"

lol, that's a little creepy. I won't lie though, there are definitely some bangable chicks at Tech.

Blake
03-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Rivals interview with Patrick Mahomes:

" ARE YOU EXPECTING TO REDSHIRT YOUR FIRST SEASON ON-CAMPUS?*"

No, just because there is only one other quarterback there. I know for sure Ill be the back up unless there is a walk-on or something. As of right now I am back up and Ill be one mistake away from being the quarterback. If something happens and Webb does get injured or if anything happens. I can always be playing. I don't think Ill be redshirting this next year."

http://texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1624717

Blake
03-26-2014, 09:32 AM
With Stidham coming on board next year, it's now almost a guarantee that they don't redshirt him

Blake
04-03-2014, 08:35 AM
.....Trace Ellison, 6-foot-6, 285 pounds and still growing, shows a mean streak on film and has a way of finishing his opponent. According to coach Howard, the newest Red Raider commit is only beginning to understand his full potential.“He’s a really good football player and he’s going to do whatever it takes to keep getting better and better,” Howard said. “He’s got the frame and he’s really strong for his frame and only going to get better and better, especially in college when coaches really emphasize developing him in the weight room.“I don’t think there’s any doubt he could be an all-conference player down the road. There are a lot of big guys that play offensive line, a lot of big guys that play soft, but they play because they are huge. Trace is a big guy and he’s going to grow and get better, he has an intangible that offensive linemen don’t have, at least not at the high school level.""He has a nasty attitude, he doesn’t play dirty. As an offensive lineman he has the attitude, he’s going to work every time. He’s going to take care of the guy at the first level and if he has the chance he’s going to get a guy at the next level. That’s unusual to find in an o-lineman if you find a guy that’s going to go and take care of one at the next level. If you have that attitude as an offensive lineman, that’s nothing but good stuff.”

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Frisco-Centennial-OL-Trace-Ellison-commits-to-Texas-Tech-186168

3 star kid with upside. He committed extremely fast.

Blake
04-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Sounds like yet another year of spectacular offense/shitty defense, especially against the run

http://texastech.scout.com/2/1391085.html

DMX7
04-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Sounds like yet another year of spectacular offense/shitty defense, especially against the run

http://texastech.scout.com/2/1391085.html

Was that their "spring game" or just a warm-up to it?

Blake
04-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Just a scrimmage in the Permian Basin area under the Friday night lights.

Blake
04-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Ah, fuck yeah

Four-star Farrington (HI) defensive tackle Breiden Fehoko pulled the trigger and committed to the Red Raiders after spending a week in Lubbock.“Before I came up here, I had plans to make a top five and announce at the Under Armour game, but when I got here, it was a different feeling,”*Fehoko told Rivals.com.*“I felt the goodness, the sincerity with not just the coaches and players here, but the people, the people here I’ll be surrounding myself with.”“Committing, it was a big stepping stone and a big decision, but at this time in the recruiting process, I felt in my heart that I needed to do it, that I was meant to commit here, and I’ve just had a blast here.”Fehoko picked Texas Tech over offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas A&M and others. He is ranked as the No. 11 defensive tackle in 2015 and No. 117 overall prospect in the nation.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/04/4-star-dt-breiden-fehoko-picks-texas-tech-over-oklahoma-texas-am-others.html/

Blake
04-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Raiders also got a commitment from 3 star linebacker D'Vonta Hinton.

A bit small, but dude is fast and is a tackling machine.

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/4/13/5610836/dvonta-hinton-commits-to-texas-tech-football

Blake
04-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Kliff currently on the Jim Rome radio show

FkLA
04-16-2014, 12:58 PM
^Re-run of your Spring Game is coming up at 1 PM on FSSW too tbh.

Blake
04-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Holy shit.

Former Ohio State linebacker Mike Mitchell, a Texan who was one of the nation’s top recruits in 2013, attended the Texas Tech spring game Saturday, a source confirmed.

Mitchell signed with Ohio State in 2013, redshirted last season and then decided to transfer back closer to home. He has not committed to any school after being given permission in February to contact other programs. He attended Plano Prestonwood Christian.In July 2012, the 6-foot-4, 220-pound linebacker set the national record for SPARQ rating, a score that quantifies — and stands for — speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness. Mitchell’s score was 154.47. By comparison, Olympic gold medal decathlete Bryan Clay posted a SPARQ score of 130.40.

http://m.lubbockonline.com/interact/blog-post/don-williams/2014-04-12/former-ohio-state-blue-chip-signee-attends-texas-tech

fuck shit fuck shit Kliff you'd better get this kid to sign. If he asks for a blow job and you need to run a qb option spread, fuckin a you take that bull by the horns.

and lol best nickname ever.... "the Abusement Park"

Blake
04-16-2014, 04:17 PM
..... But even if Breiden fell in love with all that Oklahoma has to offer, he’d still be forced to let somebody down. And in this case, it would be the Tech coaches, and potentially his two brothers as well. So, again, if OU is going to continue to recruit him then the key is not going to be convincing Breiden (I think he’ll love OU). It’s going to be getting the mother and father to see that Breiden, and ultimately the Fehoko family, will have the best opportunity at Oklahoma. And in my opinion, the key to that is the NFL.There is no question in my mind that Breiden is an NFL prospect. Heck, he is already NFL strong. But he’s also smart, quick, and impressively mature for someone his age. The question is will any of that matter if you play at a place not known to develop NFL DLinemen? Or at a place where there isn’t enough help on the line, thus you’re forced to eat double teams every play?If I’m OU, that is my angle. And it is important to note it isn’t an insincere one, it’s authentic. I’d say the same thing to my own little brother. There are players who could be marginal NFL guys, but they’re never going to take care of their whole family. After all, making it to the NFL doesn’t just equate to being set for life. Breiden, however, has 1st round, multi-million dollar type talent! OU has to make the sincere case to him and his family that you don’t risk that potential on a good sales pitch about the “bright future” a program may or may not have. You don’t risk that even for a family tie.You go with the surest bet…you go to a school like LSU, like Florida State, like Georgia…or like Oklahoma. And we all know “there’s only one Oklahoma.”

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-20-15-recruiting-breiden-fehoko-texas-tech-red-raiders-jerry-montgomery

Lol butthurt okie blogger

:cry "but i developed a relationship with Breiden and we're prettier to look at than taco tech. I don't get it :cry :cry :cry

Blake
04-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Tubby Smith signs best recruiting class since 2004

http://redraiders.com/sports-red-raiders-mens-basketball/2014-04-16/tubby-smith-signs-best-recruiting-class-2004

NFO
04-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Holy shit.

fuck shit fuck shit Kliff you'd better get this kid to sign. If he asks for a blow job and you need to run a qb option spread, fuckin a you take that bull by the horns.

and lol best nickname ever.... "the Abusement Park"

Would be a nice get for Tech. I was shocked he got redshirted last year given the LB depth at Ohio State last year. I think his father is also sick and part of the reason he wanted to be closer to home.

Blake
04-17-2014, 09:26 AM
aIvSSCwRdJU

Lol Kliff in a dance off

Blake
04-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Excellent bit on the Fehoko brothers

Breiden didn’t just choose Texas Tech over offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M, Clemson and more than 25 other programs, but he chose Family Over Everything. The F.O.E. acronym has quickly caught on among Red Raider fans and the football program, which has embraced the Fehokos as part of their family.“(F.O.E. is) something that my son, V.J., had started a couple of years back when we were going through a hard time,” Fehoko said. “Like I said our family, we don’t have much. We kept the boys very close and we knew they were special. We always told them, ‘Above everything, all you have is family. It has to be over everything.’“Breiden had already talked about his decision over the week with his brothers on Wednesday or Thursday. He said, ‘Just don’t tell mom yet because we don’t know how she will react.’ Texas Tech gave us that feeling of family over everything this week, it’s an amazing mission to do that.

Something I’ve stressed before is I just believe this program is going into new heights and I just feel, there’s a feeling and I guess as Polynesians we use our hearts, our hearts tell us a lot of things,” Mrs. Fehoko said. “We first listen to our hearts. The way Kliff and the whole staff embraced our family, those that respect our culture and those that respect our identity will go such a long ways. They love everybody and love our diversity and I think they’ll compete for a national championship, I don’t just say that because my boys are playing there, I really believe that. It’s crazy, but we’ve talked about it all week. It shatters your bones, you get goosebumps with what’s become of it with coach Kingsbury*Mike Smith, Kevin Curtis, Coach Wally,*Eric Morris, it’s different and we believe that because it embraced us, there’s more to come for that program.”*

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Mrs-Fehoko-teaches-about-the-Haka-FOE-and-the-Tree-of-Life-28181760

No doubt there will be some F.O.E. t shirts coming soon

Blake
04-17-2014, 09:01 PM
QBs Richardson and Tausch are leaving the program, leaving only Webb at the moment.

But no matter..... apparently Vincent Testaverde Jr has enrolled at Tech so natty title, here we come.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/vincent-testaverde-picks-texas-tech-and-other-jesuit-signings/20216/

FkLA
04-17-2014, 09:57 PM
QBs Richardson and Tausch are leaving the program, leaving only Webb at the moment.

:lol the fuck is up with that? I know even you gotta think thats strange by now.

Blake
04-18-2014, 10:51 AM
:lol the fuck is up with that? I know even you gotta think thats strange by now.

Richardson wants to play now and Tausch realized he sucks and is going to focus on school.

It's a little unusual to be sure, but guys nowadays aren't content with sitting on the bench so no, it's not surprising or strange. We may see this more and more in college football as time goes on.

For reference, Aggy is almost in the same boat right now. With Hill being suspended and the backup transferring, right now they only have the true freshman.

Blake
04-21-2014, 03:09 PM
.... Johnson (6-1, 191) is rated as the No. 4 2015 receiver in the nation in the 247Sports Composite and No. 5 by Rivals.com. After an impressive performance at a Rivals Camp Series event in Hattiesburg, Miss., earlier this month,*Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell*wrote that Johnson made his case for five-star status."Johnson is extremely quick off the snap, he's very sudden in and out of his cuts and he showed off his great hands at the camp," Farrell wrote. "He has taken his game to the next level."The Tide and Tigers may have some ground to make up. Johnson, who has nearly 20 offers, has visited*LSU, Tennessee, Oklahoma State and Florida, and told 247Sports recently that LSU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech were standing out.*"LSU is in my backyard and they have shown me how bad they want me,"*he told 247Sports.*

"Texas Tech throws the ball a lot and that is something I really like with them. They were there from the beginning and they were the first to offer. You always remember that first one."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/03/alabama_auburn_offer_4-star_20.html

He'll be making a visit to Lubbock soon according to Rivals.

Sounds like he'd easily go to LSU if they had a decent passing offense.

FkLA
04-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Richardson wants to play now and Tausch realized he sucks and is going to focus on school.

It's a little unusual to be sure, but guys nowadays aren't content with sitting on the bench so no, it's not surprising or strange. We may see this more and more in college football as time goes on.

For reference, Aggy is almost in the same boat right now. With Hill being suspended and the backup transferring, right now they only have the true freshman.

Yeah, I don't think players suddenly wanna play more now than they did in the past. Transfers aren't uncommon it's the amount that's weird. Walk-ons like these last two departures (not Mayfield) turning down a back-up role for whatever the reason may be is just as weird.

Seems like Kliff is politely telling some of these guys to fuck off imho.

Blake
04-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Sure, 5 QBs leaving in 6 months is a lot, but I'm just not concerned.

3 more walk ons are headed this way this summer, so it's possible to have the total move to 6-7 leave before the year is done.

My guess is Kliff is politely telling these guys they suck and have no chance to start over Webb.

Blake
04-22-2014, 09:49 PM

But no matter..... apparently Vincent Testaverde Jr has enrolled at Tech so natty title, here we come.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/vincent-testaverde-picks-texas-tech-and-other-jesuit-signings/20216/

This dude from SA Johnson is also walking on according to Rivals:

Rittimann's son is Jaguars' starting quarterback*Rittimann was an assistant coach under Jim Streety at Madison for 17 seasons before going to Johnson, the newest high school in the North East Independent School District, to take his first head-coaching job.*The Jaguars went 1-9 in their first season, but improved to 5-5 the next year. After slipping to 4-6 in 2010, Johnson made the playoffs in 2011 and finished 7-4. The Jaguars dropped back to 4-6 last season, but came back strong this year with a runner-up finish to unbeaten Reagan in the District 26-5A race.*That his only son, Hunter, is the team's starting quarterback and enjoying an outstanding senior season has made 2013 special for Rittimann.**"It's hard for me to talk about him without getting emotional," Rittimann said. "Hunter has been a blessing since the day he was born. You never know how they're going to turn out when you go to the nursery that first day and look at them through the window.*"You stand there as a coach and wonder if he'll ever be in sports. Or you wonder how he's going to turn out. He's always taken care of his academics. He's always made good choices. He has a great group of friends that we couldn't be happier about."*Hunter Rittimann, who already has been accepted academically to Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor, completed 19 of 24 passes for 351 yards and three touchdowns in the win over Smithson Valley.

http://www.kens5.com/community/blogs/featured-blogs/FONT-color000099BDAVID-FLORESBFONT-Jaguars-have-proven-they-can-play-with-best-in-SA-area-232952391.html

rjv
04-23-2014, 04:14 PM
rittiman is okay. needs to beef up as he is not extremely elusive. seemed to be very knowledgeable though and pretty damn accurate with his throws. not a bad walk-on for tech. i wouldn't be surprised at all if he found his niche there at tech.

Blake
04-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Yeah, probably why he hasn't been offered a decent scholarship.

But it never not helps to be a coach's son

Vito Corleone
04-24-2014, 02:50 PM
One of my high school buddies is the DC at Johnson. He and I wrestled at Madison under his father Coach Russ Peterson.

Blake
04-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Excellent story thanks for sharing. :tu :tu :tu

Blake
05-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Jarrett Stidham 6-3, 190-pound quarterback from Stephenville (Texas) High took home MVP honors at the Elite 11 camp in Dallas.*The honor earned him an invite to The Opening to compete as one of the finalists for the top spot at the final Elite 11 national competition....
.. Kennedy said of the No. 4 overall rated thrower in the country."He threw the ball with accuracy and velocity while showing a quick release. There were other quarterbacks who were as accurate o the day, but non showed the combination of quick, easy release and the strong arm that Stidham showed."...........

.....more......

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1399879.html

Blake
05-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Amaro will be back home in SA watching Spurs instead of in NY for draft

When the NFL draft begins Thursday night, the former Texas Tech tight end plans to be back at the AT&T Center for Game 2 of the Spurs’ Western Conference semifinal series against Portland.As of Monday, he was planning to be holed up in an arena suite in San Antonio, surrounded by family.“I think that’d be kind of neat, watching the game and watching the draft at the same time,” Amaro said.

http://redraiders.com/filed-online/2014-05-06/catching-draft-amaro-spend-draft-night-spurs-game

Blake
05-12-2014, 10:28 AM
3 star QB Jonathon Giles commits. Will probably play WR.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/05/texas-tech-picks-up-commitment-from-3-star-fb-elkins-athlete-jonathan-giles.html/

Blake
05-12-2014, 04:50 PM
2015 commit RB Corey Dauphine wins state 5A 200 meter dash. Another site said on google preview that he ran fastest time in nation.

Dauphine showed his speed to the rest of the state in winning the Class 5A 200 Meters with a blistering time of 20.76.

http://m.panews.com/portarthur/db_292210/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=4SCDCKJ7

leemajors
05-12-2014, 08:04 PM
2015 commit RB Corey Dauphine wins state 5A 200 meter dash. Another site said on google preview that he ran fastest time in nation.

paging Avante

Blake
05-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Q&A with recent signee CB Nigel Bethel II

One of the fastest athletes in Florida is ready to bring his talents to the state of Texas.*Texas Tech signee*Nigel Bethel II*led Booker T. Washington to a state track championship last week, winning gold medals in the 100 (10.73 seconds) and 200 (21.22) and another for the 400-meter relay. Next up, he'll graduate and arrive in Lubbock at the start of June with the hopes of earning immediate playing time.*Our summer series of weekly Q&As with the Big 12's best incoming freshmen continues today with Bethel, the No. 226 recruit in the 2014 ESPN 300.*

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/83573/qa-texas-tech-cb-signee-nigel-bethel-ii

Blake
05-13-2014, 10:28 AM

Blake
05-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Breiden Fehoko got his invite to the Opening after great Elite 11 showing in Oakland.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/5/18/5729418/oakland-nike-football-training-camp-kahlil-mckenzie-breiden-fehoko

Blake
05-30-2014, 01:00 AM

Scout bumped him up to 4 stars now and A&M has come in with an offer.

I guess we'll see very quickly if Kliff has the salesman chops to keep him committed.

Blake
05-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Ahhhhh yeah. It's official.

On Friday, the Red Raiders added one of the top defensive recruits from last year.*Former Ohio State linebacker*Mike Mitchell*has decided that he will transfer to Texas Tech, a source told ESPN.com.*

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/84783/ex-ohio-state-lb-headed-to-texas-tech

Avante
05-30-2014, 10:04 PM

That was a wind aided time and the fastest time in the nation right now is a 20.53 by Kendal Williams.

To put things in perspective the HS 200m record is an amazing 20.13 by Texan Roy Martin. That record was set way back in the mid 80's. He'd go on to star at SMU and make the 88 Olympic team.

But...anytime a HSer especially a footballer (who can't give all his energies to track) runs anything around21.0 windy or not he has some serious jets. Sammy Watkins was a 20.6 guy.

TT is not known for having sprinters or speedy footballers. There has never been a great sprinter or speedy footballer come out of TT. Welker is quick not fast.

Maybe things are changing.

Avante
05-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Q&A with recent signee CB Nigel Bethel II

Those are not great times especially for Florida. Keep in mind Jeff Demps ran a...10.01...as a HSer, that is far far superior to a weak 10.73. Not saying there wasn't a headwind which would explain those kinds of times.

Fastest HSers in the nation right now.

100 METERS

Terry Jernigan (East Ridge, Clermont, Fl)

Kendal Williams (Stanton, Jacksonville, Fl)

Andre Ewers (Piper, Sunrise, Fl)

Jaalen Jones (Thompson, Alabaster, Al)

Curtis Godin (Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Ca)

Christian Coleman (Mercy, Fayetteville, Ga)

*Darrion Flowers (Houston, Arlington, Tx)

Trentavis Friday (Cherryville, NC)

Malcolm White (Taylor, Houston, Tx)

*Paul Lucas (Mountain Pointe, Phoenix, Az)

You can se how a 10.73 really doesn't stack up.

Blake
05-31-2014, 10:06 AM
Neat

NFO
06-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Did Mike Mitchell end up transferring to Tech?

Blake
06-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Did Mike Mitchell end up transferring to Tech?

yup.

And Tech is already pleading to the NCAA to let him play this year because of his dad's medical condition.

It both sucks and is awesome at the same time that this guy is probably the highest starred recruit that Tech has ever had.

Blake
06-04-2014, 11:45 AM
And I might provide enough semen cloud for the entire city of Lubbock if younger bro McKinley follows suit in 2016.

NFO
06-04-2014, 11:50 AM
yup.

And Tech is already pleading to the NCAA to let him play this year because of his dad's medical condition.

It both sucks and is awesome at the same time that this guy is probably the highest starred recruit that Tech has ever had.

I think Mike's little brother is still committed to Ohio State for basketball. I wonder if that would have any effect on the NCAAs decision since one son transferred back and the other is still committed to that same university.

Heard he was pissed about the RS last year with how bad the LB play was.

If his dad was that sick I don't think Mike's younger would be going 900 miles away.

Blake
06-04-2014, 02:11 PM
I think Mike's little brother is still committed to Ohio State for basketball. I wonder if that would have any effect on the NCAAs decision since one son transferred back and the other is still committed to that same university.

Heard he was pissed about the RS last year with how bad the LB play was.

If his dad was that sick I don't think Mike's younger would be going 900 miles away.

Yeah, it seems pretty obvious he's just pissed about playing time. It's also not clear what his dad's illness is.

Either way, he'll still have four years of eligibility

Blake
06-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Lolwtf? 24/7 says composite 5 star WR Tyron Johnson suddenly named Tech the leader.... (lol LSU).

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyron-Johnson-25472

hell yes. :lmao

Blake
06-04-2014, 03:13 PM

DMX7
06-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Lolwtf? 24/7 says composite 5 star WR Tyron Johnson suddenly named Tech the leader.... (lol LSU).

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyron-Johnson-25472

hell yes. :lmao

Did his check bounce? WTF? :lol

Blake
06-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Did his check bounce? WTF? :lol

Lol must have.

Kliff is getting the run, but honestly Eric Morris is doing a damn good job in the recruiting trenches.

It helps that basically every Red Raider coach from KK on played at Tech and are young enough to relate to the players. The enthusiasm during the sales pitch is genuine.

Blake
06-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Fox sports Q&A with Mike Mitchell:

.............. Former Ohio State linebacker Mike Mitchell, a*five-star recruit*in 2012, announced*he was transferring to Texas Tech.In an exclusive interview with FOX Sports, Mitchell spoke publicly for the first time about his decision to transfer, what he learned at Ohio State and why he’s excited to become a Red Raider.

"So you’re officially a Red Raider. I guess the obvious first question is: How does it feel?"

"Oh, it feels amazing. It’s kind of like when I committed out of high school, only there’s the added perk of being so close to home. And of course getting back closer to my family.Even still, from the minute I walked on campus, Tech just felt like home".........

....more

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/mike-mitchell-texas-tech-ohio-state-transfer-big-12-060414

Blake
06-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Still waiting to see where QB Patrick Mahomes lands in MLB draft

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-tech-red-raiders/20140605-texas-tech-or-mlb-qb-pat-maholmes-may-face-tough-call-this-weekend.ece

Blake
06-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech officially has scholarship QB#2:

Blake
06-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Recap of Mahomes:

Patrick Mahomes of Whitehouse on Friday was named the Texas Associated Press Sports Editors football player of the year.

The son of Pat Mahomes, who played for six Major League Baseball teams in an 11-year career, was chosen by a panel of journalists who cover high school football in Texas after throwing for 3,587 yards with 41 touchdowns and four interceptions in the regular season.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/highschool/article/Whitehouse-s-Mahomes-is-state-s-high-school-5083684.php

Blake
06-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Visiting Tyler last week, Texas Tech head football coach Kliff Kingsbury said Mahomes had great potential. "He's tremendous," said Kingsbury.* "Very raw, a lot has to do with playing so many sports. He's never focused just on his technique and fundamentals. His upside is very high. He's a tremendous competitor. I can't wait to get around him and start to coach him up."

http://m.kltv.com/#!/newsDetail/25717383

Blake
06-13-2014, 11:27 AM
2016 QB:

Blake
06-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Very nice

Katy, Texas, class of 2016 safety*Collin Wilder announced his commitment to Texas Tech on Sunday evening. The 5-foot-11.5, 186-pound composite four-star prospect, ranked No. 287 in the country, is already a two-year starter for Katy.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Bolt/Red-Raiders-land-2016-defender-29156827

Blake
06-16-2014, 11:55 AM
well looky there

Blake
06-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Dp

DMX7
06-16-2014, 08:33 PM
well looky there

Hmm... intriguing but no way Jefferson signs with Tech.

Blake
06-16-2014, 10:07 PM
No, but we've never even had these type of guys even show up for camps.

Crazy.

Blake
06-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Never would I ever imagined ever ever Nebraska ever being concerned that Tech would steal away a running back from them.

....An offer from a team like Texas Tech that offers Bussey playing time in a system he could flourish in may send Husker fans into a panic....

http://huskercorner.com/2014/06/24/nebraska-football-recruiting-texas-tech-bussey/

:lmao :lmao

Blake
06-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Worst scenario for Tech this season lol

The Red Raiders get pummeled by Texas, which completely steamrolls them on the ground. Meanwhile, the NCAA grants*Baker Mayfield*an eligibility waiver, and by the time Tech comes up on Oklahoma’s schedule, he has taken over as the Sooners’ starting quarterback. Against his former team, Mayfield throws seven touchdown passes, and after every score taunts Kingsbury by busting out the “stanky leg.”*In the season finale, Baylor puts Tech out of its misery with a 40-point win in Arlington, Texas, sending the Red Raiders back to Lubbock with a 5-7 record and no bowl game.*Mayfield leads Oklahoma to the College Football Playoff. Webb transfers to SMU. Welker gets traded to Jacksonville. Kingsbury goes on “The Bachelorette” and fails to make it past the first episode.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/85871/best-case-worst-case-texas-tech?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

rjv
06-29-2014, 05:29 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11152834

Blake
06-30-2014, 08:20 AM

Yah. Huge blow, no pun intended.

Just a weird story.

FkLA
06-30-2014, 08:55 AM
smh Tech

Blake
06-30-2014, 09:11 AM
smh Tech

Tech got rid of him which is the right thing to do.

Smh FkLA

rjv
06-30-2014, 09:16 AM
one thing about the NCAA is that colleges do not have the luxury that pro teams do of being able to look for all of the risk factors which would lead one to infer that there would be potential risks with offering a scholarship to certain players. you can't just assume risk based on demographics or appearances because if you did you'd significantly reduce your offers. every time i read one of these articles though i'm reminded of just how stupid an 18 year old male can be sometimes.

Blake
06-30-2014, 09:24 AM
one thing about the NCAA is that colleges do not have the luxury that pro teams do of being able to look for all of the risk factors which would lead one to infer that there would be potential risks with offering a scholarship to certain players. you can't just assume risk based on demographics or appearances because if you did you'd significantly reduce your offers.

true but I'm not sure coaches really care about potential off field problems as long as they can run a fofo forty and can legally play on Saturdays.

every time i read one of these articles though i'm reminded of just how stupid an 18 year old male can be sometimes.

Yeah we all did stupid stuff but at no point during my teen years would I have ever punched a chick in the face.

Especially over a silly pick up game at the Rec Center.

rjv
06-30-2014, 09:26 AM
true but I'm not sure coaches really care about potential off field problems as long as they can run a fofo forty and can legally play on Saturdays.

Yeah we all did stupid stuff but at no point would I ever punch a chick in the face.

Especially over a silly pick up game at the Rec Center.

no doubt. that's some pretty sociopathic behavior. nice move by KK and tech to just flat out send him packing.

Blake
06-30-2014, 09:29 AM
no doubt. that's some pretty sociopathic behavior. nice move by KK and tech to just flat out send him packing.

Yeah, considering who this kid is, I gotta say I'm particularly impressed with how swift Tech acted on this incident

DMX7
06-30-2014, 11:46 AM
I give them credit for making the move, but seriously -- it was the only reasonable move to make.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
one thing about the NCAA is that colleges do not have the luxury that pro teams do of being able to look for all of the risk factors which would lead one to infer that there would be potential risks with offering a scholarship to certain players. you can't just assume risk based on demographics or appearances because if you did you'd significantly reduce your offers. every time i read one of these articles though i'm reminded of just how stupid an 18 year old male can be sometimes.

That is just not true. If it were then you wouldn't have guys like Ray Carruth or that Gonzalez kid. The warning signs are usually there, especially on the high school level where kids are just too stupid to hide who they are.

99% of the time it's coaches thinking they can control the situation or that the kids is really a good kid who made some mistakes. Both are justifications for the fact that the kid is talented and they want him.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Yeah, considering who this kid is, I gotta say I'm particularly impressed with how swift Tech acted on this incident

Gotta agree

rjv
06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
That is just not true. If it were then you wouldn't have guys like Ray Carruth or that Gonzalez kid. The warning signs are usually there, especially on the high school level where kids are just too stupid to hide who they are.

99% of the time it's coaches thinking they can control the situation or that the kids is really a good kid who made some mistakes. Both are justifications for the fact that the kid is talented and they want him.

not sure what you are referring to. did you mean aaron hernandez? as for carruth, the only problems i ever read about him were that he had academic issues coming out of high school. he never had any reported issues coming out of colorado

Blake
06-30-2014, 02:04 PM

Sure, guys like Aaron Hernandez slip through, but the NFL screening process is much more complex and intimate than the college football recruiting process.

Blake
06-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Hey here's some good news from Breiden Fehoko

Barring injury, this dude is on lock to be a high NFL draft pick.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 04:31 PM
No one is a lock.

Blake
06-30-2014, 04:46 PM
No one is a lock.

Right. But I'd lay money that this guy goes high.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 06:03 PM
the average of a 5-star high school kid getting drafted is about 35% Going high in the NFL draft is much much lower. I don't have any numbers in front of me but it's probably very long odds of any 5-star Qbs getting drafted in the top 10 or 20 in any NFL draft.

Blake
06-30-2014, 07:18 PM
the average of a 5-star high school kid getting drafted is about 35% Going high in the NFL draft is much much lower. I don't have any numbers in front of me but it's probably very long odds of any 5-star Qbs getting drafted in the top 10 or 20 in any NFL draft.

K. I'm still pushing my chips all in on Fehoko.

DMX7
06-30-2014, 07:21 PM

There are no locks is right.

Jackson Jeffcoat (a 5 star recruit) looked like a top 10 pick coming out of high school, Coach Brown turned him into an undrafted free agent. Turned out well for him though because he is in Seattle with Captain Pete there to help him out.

Blake
07-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Fox sports Q&A with Mike Mitchell:

Mitchell will have to sit out this year after all

http://texastech.247sports.com/Bolt/Mitchell-Wont-Play-This-Season-29401556

Blake
07-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Very nice.

LUBBOCK, Texas -*Texas Tech second-year head coach*Tim Tadlock*was awarded the College Baseball Hall of Fame Skip Bertman National Coach of the Year award on Saturday evening at the annual "College Baseball Night of Champions" banquet at the Overton Hotel.

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/062914aab.html

Blake
07-05-2014, 08:13 PM

here's the statement released by Amber Battle.....(Tech's leading scorer for the women's team last season)

Texas Tech guard Amber Battle will be suspended from competition for the month of November for her role in the*Nigel Bethel*incident."During a pickup basketball game on June 28, I was involved in an incident with Texas Tech football player Nigel Bethel," Battle said. "I initiated the first contact and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want to take this time to apologize to Nigel, the Texas Tech community, my teammates, coaches and fans. Nothing I can say can truly repair the harm I have already caused."

http://texastech.247sports.com/Bolt/Battle-Suspended-For-Her-Role-in-Bethel-Fight-29465001

Just one month suspension?

Fuck this bitch. Kick her off too.

DMX7
07-05-2014, 08:35 PM
here's the statement released by Amber Battle.....(Tech's leading scorer for the women's team last season)

Just one month suspension?

Fuck this bitch. Kick her off too.

What a double standard! She hit him first to boot!

FkLA
07-06-2014, 04:17 AM
Im sure it has a little something to do with the fact that shes the leading scorer on the team.

lol smh tech

Blake
07-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Im sure it has a little something to do with the fact that shes the leading scorer on the team.

lol smh tech

And that she's a woman.

Smh utsa

DMX7
07-06-2014, 10:08 PM

lol smh tech
The football player was there highest rated recruit and football is like 100x more important to school's that their women's basketball team.

No, this was simply a case of sexist double standard being applied. She starts the fight and gets only one month suspension whereas he fights back (for honor and to regain his self-respect) and gets completely booted off the team. It's not right! We men have to stick together or the oppression against us will never end.

Blake
07-07-2014, 08:27 AM
The football player was there highest rated recruit and football is like 100x more important to school's that their women's basketball team.

No, this was simply a case of sexist double standard being applied. She starts the fight and gets only one month suspension whereas he fights back (for honor and to regain his self-respect) and gets completely booted off the team. It's not right! We men have to stick together or the oppression against us will never end.

Lol.

She's having nose surgery and she's apologizing. What's to apologize for?

Blake
07-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Eyewitness account says that Battle got frustrated and pushed him down during the game; he got up and straight cold cocked her.

I guess the punishments sound right, although i still see no reason for her to apologize.

DMX7
07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Eyewitness account says that Battle got frustrated and pushed him down during the game; he got up and straight cold cocked her.

I guess the punishments sound right, although i still see no reason for her to apologize.

He had to defend his honor.

Blake
07-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Lol. wtf was he doing playing real basketball with girls to begin with.

and just days ago on twitter he was so happy to be at Tech.... :depressed

FkLA
07-07-2014, 03:30 PM
smh tech

Blake
07-07-2014, 04:17 PM
smh tech

What a worthless smh. Tech did the right thing.

Smh utsa

Sisk
07-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Jarrett Stidham is currently #1 on the Elite 11 Rankings as of Day 2. Full list:

1 @Jarrett_Stidham: Jarrett Stidham - Tech, 4 Star
2 @BrandonW_7: Brandon Wimbush - Penn St, 4 Star
3 @BradyWhite223: Brady White - Ariz St, 4 Star
4 DrewLock23: Drew Lock - Mizzou, 4 Star
5 @R_Bowers12: Ross Bowers - Uncommitted, 3 star
6 Josh3rosen: Josh Rosen - UCLA, 5 Star
7 RickyTownQB: Ricky Town - USC, 5 Star
8 @8Hicks: Ben Hicks - Houston, 3 star
9 @Deondre_3: Deondre Francois - Uncommitted, 4 Star
10 BlakeBarnett_8: Blake Barnett - Bama, 4 Star
11 @RBrand16: Ryan Brand - Air Force, 3 star

Vito Corleone
07-08-2014, 05:02 AM
Jarrett Stidham is currently #1 on the Elite 11 Rankings as of Day 2. Full list:

1 @Jarrett_Stidham: Jarrett Stidham - Tech, 4 Star
2 @BrandonW_7: Brandon Wimbush - Penn St, 4 Star
3 @BradyWhite223: Brady White - Ariz St, 4 Star
4 DrewLock23: Drew Lock - Mizzou, 4 Star
5 @R_Bowers12: Ross Bowers - Uncommitted, 3 star
6 Josh3rosen: Josh Rosen - UCLA, 5 Star
7 RickyTownQB: Ricky Town - USC, 5 Star
8 @8Hicks: Ben Hicks - Houston, 3 star
9 @Deondre_3: Deondre Francois - Uncommitted, 4 Star
10 BlakeBarnett_8: Blake Barnett - Bama, 4 Star
11 @RBrand16: Ryan Brand - Air Force, 3 star

Guessing Ross Bowers is about to blow up.

Blake
07-08-2014, 10:57 AM

Jarrett Stidham*told Scout Monday afternoon that he is all Red Raider and that he is not looking at other schools.

http://texastech.scout.com/

Full video interview available.

Kind of boring but starts talking Tech and kingsbury at about the 3/4 mark.

Blake
07-08-2014, 11:13 AM
USA Today writer:

Blake
07-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Tyron Johnson, 97 rated WR, will be visiting Texas Tech for the Arkansas game. Expect plenty more visits to be planned for the Arky game.

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/7/8/5872971/possible-red-raiders-a-weekly-recruiting-update-7-8-2014

A win against Arky would be outstanding for a number of reasons.

Blake
07-10-2014, 02:00 AM

Fehoko dominating at Elite 11:

Texas Tech commits are having a strong showing in Oregon this week. Quarterback commit Jarrett Stidham is having one of the best camps at the Elite 11 competition, and now four-star defensive tackle*Breiden Fehoko has proven that he is likely one of the country’s strongest young linemen. Fehoko out-lifted the rest of the field in a 185-pound bench press competition, putting up an impressive 42 reps.

http://collegespun.com/big-12/texas-tech-big-12/vine-texas-tech-commit-breiden-fehoko-wins-linemen-bench-competition-at-the-opening-with-42-reps

They'll both be 5 stars soon enough, imo.

With Mike Mitchell coming in and maybe even Tyron Johnson, would anyone blame me for a premature nuclear semen cloud?

Blake
07-10-2014, 02:42 PM
In anticipation of the Lineman Challenge Finals on Thursday, the first day of full contact had a number of defensive linemen stand out.

Probably the best defensive lineman on the day was*Texas Tech*commit*Breiden Fehoko, who's making a major push for a fifth-star. Fehoko, who repped 185-pounds on the bench press 42 times on Tuesday showed he's not just a weight room star. He was outstanding in the 1-on-1's, showing great strength, quickness off the ball and technique. He's not just about a bull-rush, but has moves to get past his blocker.

Blake
07-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech has sold out of it's season passes for first time in program history (38500+)

Texas Tech senior Ryan Bustin is one of 30 kickers in the country that have been named to the Lou Groza Collegiate award watch list.

http://m.lubbockonline.com/sports-red-raiders/2014-07-09/texas-tech-notebook-football-season-tickets-sold-out-bustin-named

Blake
07-10-2014, 11:51 PM

DMX7
07-11-2014, 01:23 AM

37 times almost seems low to me for 225lbs. Not saying I could do it, but I would expect more from the best NFL prospects.

Sisk
07-11-2014, 07:59 AM
37 times almost seems low to me for 225lbs. Not saying I could do it, but I would expect more from the best NFL prospects.

Uhhh

Blake
07-11-2014, 08:16 AM

quick google shows the record is 51 set in 1999

Blake
07-11-2014, 04:36 PM
24/7 composite 4 star center Fred Ulu Perry:

Fehoko is also talking to*fellow Hawaiian guard Fred Ulu-Perry about Texas Tech, where he will hope to make an official visit:Obviously when Texas Tech is brought up, there's a natural connection. Fehoko is already verbally committed to the Red Raiders. "They told me all about Lubbock, Texas," Ulu-Perry said of Fehoko's pitch to join him in the Lone Star State. "Breiden told me it's desert, but it's all business. I don't care about all these big-time cities and stuff. There's just one reason to go there, and it's strictly business. He explained to me about all the dorms and it's pretty cool. I can live off-campus and get paid every month. That would be cool, and it would even be cooler dorming with Breiden if I went there. I want to take a visit.

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/7/11/5889351/texas-tech-links-clark-makes-outland-list-reed-is-a-freak-fehoko-ulu

Breiden doing work on and off the field.

my dude Fehoko :tu

Blake
07-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Damn, scout says Perry committed to UCLA last night.

Oh well.

Blake
07-14-2014, 10:50 AM

No surprise since he's making news that pretty schools are now knocking at the door

Some reports have implied that it’s a sure thing the Red Raiders lose him to the Bears or Aggies. How does he feel about that?“I would disagree because I'll look at all of them,” Dauphine said. “I'm still interested in Tech, Texas A&M and Baylor, just seeing whoever got the best feeling when I’m there and that's what I'm going to go off of.“Florida, Arkansas, and Georgia State are trying to get in the picture too. I've been talking to them pretty much every day so I might try to check them out too.”Tech commits*Jarrett Stidham*and*Breiden Fehoko*have been active on the recruiting trail for Texas Tech and talk of them possibly losing their future teammate before they ever suit up together has not gone unnoticed. Those two have picked up efforts to hang to him and time will tell if it’s a success.“I talk to Stidham and Fehoko, Giles, and they are really trying to get something done at Tech,” Dauphine said. “If I go there, they think we can start something good. Stidham talks about it every time we talk, it sounds like a good thing for me.”

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Texas-Tech-soft-commit-Dauphine-catches-us-up-on-his-recruitment-29605439

it'd be great if he stays, but I just can't bring myself to care about a running back decommiting from Tech

Blake
07-15-2014, 09:58 AM
They'll both be 5 stars soon enough, imo

Scout.com sent over a dozen experts from across the country to The Opening. Many had never seen Stephenville quarterback and Texas Tech commit Jarrett Stidham in person. Stidham impressed Scout enough to bump him from a four to a five-star prospect. He is also now the No. 2 rated quarterback and No. 19 overall recruit in the nation. Below are highlights and an interview from The Opening.

http://texastech.scout.com/2/1421038.html

Blake
07-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Bethel has been cleared of felony charge, hopes to return to Tech according to 24/7:

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Former-Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-cornerback-Nigel-Bethel-II-cleared-29641753

Blake
07-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Lol Grand Jury also thought the punishments weren't equal:

......... The grand jury took the extraordinary step of writing directly to Texas Tech Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt, saying that they "find no probable cause after reviewing the evidence presented to true-bill the charge against Nigel Bethel of aggravated assault." The letter said: "We believe he was unduly and prematurely punished. This was an unfortunate incident in a pick-up basketball game. This is a matter that should not result in criminal charges for either party. "Any assault does deserve immediate action, however, please ensure all testimonies, evidence and circumstances are reviewed prior to taking action which may forever alter a person's future. "We desire to see Mr. Bethel's scholarship re-instated. If he is re-instated, it is our belief that his consequences should not be greater than those of Ms. Battle. If he is not re-instated, a public exoneration of his character on the part of Texas Tech University should be forthcoming, since Mr. Bethel's future opportunities for an education as well as an athletic career have been jeopardized."

More:

http://m.ktre.com/#!/newsDetail/26026200

Wow.

FkLA
07-16-2014, 02:53 PM
lmao Tech

Blake
07-16-2014, 03:14 PM
lmao Tech

Misplaced lmao. it's a good day for Tech if he comes back.

Smh utsa.

rjv
07-16-2014, 03:31 PM
sorry-wrong thread. as to the above, that is f'd up. dude needs another chance,

FkLA
07-16-2014, 03:32 PM
^wrong thread brah this is the lmao Tech thread

Misplaced lmao. it's a good day for Tech if he comes back.

Smh utsa.

The way they handled it was clearly lmao worthy.

Blake
07-16-2014, 03:54 PM
The way they handled it was clearly lmao worthy.

No it isn't.

Tech probably overreacted on the punishment for Bethel, but they sent a clear message that they have zero tolerance for this type of shit. I applaud the message.

FkLA
07-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Zero tolerance unless you are a girl and the leading scorer on the basketball team.

Blake
07-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Zero tolerance unless you are a girl and the leading scorer on the basketball team.

She was punished too.

Blake
07-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Bethel reinstated. Both he and Battle have been suspended for a month's worth of games.

Bethel was the Red Raiders' highest-rated recruit in their 2014 class and had joined the program in June."I'm really excited," Bethel told ESPN.com about his reinstatement. "I feel like Texas Tech is my only home."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11224838/nigel-bethel-ii-texas-tech-reinstated-assault-charges-dropped

FkLA
07-20-2014, 02:20 AM

smh tech

Blake
07-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Another misplaced syh. Check with what the grand jury said.

Smh utsa.

DMX7
07-20-2014, 09:53 AM

Smh utsa.

what did they say?

Blake
07-20-2014, 06:06 PM
what did they say?

http://m.kcbd.com/#!/newsDetail/26026200

Blake
07-20-2014, 09:31 PM

He'd been wavering a bit with all the offers coming in, some thought he'd flip to A&M. Scout quoted him as 100% solid after his visit this weekend. Apparently he had a great time.

Scout also bumped him up to 4 stars.

FkLA
07-21-2014, 04:50 PM

Smh utsa.

I hadnt watched the video, I assumed she had done more than what she did to initiate it. That punk shouldnt have a place on a team imo. What's he gonna do when a receiver gets physical with him ?

Blake
07-21-2014, 05:30 PM
I hadnt watched the video, I assumed she had done more than what she did to initiate it. That punk shouldnt have a place on a team imo. What's he gonna do when a receiver gets physical with him ?

run over and punch a cheerleader I guess

Spur|n|Austin
07-23-2014, 11:48 AM
smh tech

:lol the fuck you syha?

http://connectedprincipals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/KK.gif

leemajors
07-23-2014, 12:07 PM
det fake breitling

Blake
07-23-2014, 12:12 PM
det fake breitling

Lol if it ain't broke

Blake
07-25-2014, 08:42 AM
QvNw18cDomw

Sort of funny; sort of awkward

Blake
07-25-2014, 01:10 PM
............. three true freshmen to keep an eye on:

1. Ian Sadler, WR, Argyle:*The 5-foot-10, 194-pound receiver fits the mold of a Wes Welker or Danny Amendola — under 6-feet, a shifty runner and return specialist. Sadler famoussly changed his three-star Scout.com rating to a four-star with his display in the Class 3A title game, when his*electrifying performance(19 carries for 109 yards, 4 catches for 73 yards and a 65-yard punt-return touchdown) stole the show. He played quarterback in high school but also lined up as receiver, which will become his primary position for the Red Raiders. He could, however, end up making his biggest impact as a punt returner.

2. Nigel Bethel, CB, Booker T. Washington (Miami, Fla.):*The Red Raiders’ top recruit of the class had a disastrous start to his career, getting a swift dismissal from the team after punching women’s basketball player Amber Battle. However, all the information has come to light,*and he was reinstated and is only suspended for the team’s first three games.*With that rare second chance, assuming the 5-foot-8, 168-pound cornerback takes it, Bethel can put his head down and make a name for himself for his performances on the field. The recent departure of Dee Paul means a backup spot is up for grabs, and Bethel could snag it heading into Big 12 play.

3. Justin Stockton, RB, Cibolo-Steele:*The movement of Kenny Williams from running back to linebacker wouldn’t have happened if coaches weren’t confident of at least a three-deep from the backs. Deandre Washington and Quinton White are the top-two choices — could Stockton be third? He played under current Texas Tech running backs coach Mike Jinks at Steele, so he should have a leg up on those fighting for playing time. The 5-foot-9, 180-pound back can bulldoze, evidenced by his 535-pound squat mark. He rushed for over 2,000 yards as a senior, according to MaxPreps, and could give the Red Raiders a solid No. 3 option.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/07/texas-tech-impact-freshmen-reinstated-nigel-bethel-could-take-hold-of-new-life-argyles-sadler-is-playmaker.html/

rjv
07-25-2014, 02:15 PM
it would be cool if stockton does not get red-shirted as i really want to see what he can do at this level. i saw this kid play for 2 years and i can tell you that whenever he got the ball he was electrifying as people in the stands would get to their feet once he hit the corner. if he got past the defensive end he was a constant threat to break it all the way as no one was going to catch him from behind (not with that 4.3 speed). how he failed to get more stars from rivals is beyond me. and those 2,000 yards would have easily been 3,000 if he hadn't sat out most of the 2nd half of most of steele's games due to blowouts. as i've said before, my only concern is his strength between the tackles but it sounds like he's been bulking up for that very reason.

Blake
07-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Webb to Grant, Sadler, Marquez....Stockton out of the backfield....

I can't wait for college football to get here.

rjv
07-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Webb to Grant, Sadler, Marquez....Stockton out of the backfield....

I can't wait for college football to get here.

no kidding. almost here. and one more thing on stockton. good kid. yes sir, no sir type of kid, humble, soft-spoken. most steele kids seem to be that way (lots of military kids out there). and weird as it is, now that ags and tech have no conference rivalry, i'm becoming somewhat of a tech fan thanks to the steele connection and coach kliff.

Blake
07-25-2014, 06:07 PM
no kidding. almost here. and one more thing on stockton. good kid. yes sir, no sir type of kid, humble, soft-spoken. most steele kids seem to be that way (lots of military kids out there). and weird as it is, now that ags and tech have no conference rivalry, i'm becoming somewhat of a tech fan thanks to the steele connection and coach kliff.

trying to be objective, it would seem easy to root for underdog Tech with low key Hollywood Kliff in charge of the air raid offense.

Subjectively, I've had wood since Stidham signed on. He's repaired a lot of the heartbreak damage done after the Leach firing. Season tix all sold out for the first time ever validates it.

Blake
07-28-2014, 12:58 AM

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:45 AM

Blake
07-28-2014, 07:40 PM
By Don Williams, A-J MediaTexas Tech, which had three scholarship quarterbacks transfer after last season, is rebuilding the depth.Nic Shimonek, a former Texas schoolboy standout at Mildred, said Monday he plans to transfer to Tech from Iowa, where he was a redshirt freshman last season. Shimonek will join the Red Raiders as a walk-on when the fall semester starts.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-pick-up-Iowa-transfer-Nic-Shimonek-29901424

former 3 star kid.

:cry we were losing so many qbs :cry

Blake
07-30-2014, 08:21 AM
While Texas A&M and Texas have been making a lot of noise on the recruiting trail as of late,Texas Tech is quietly putting together quite an impressive class.On Tuesday afternoon, the Red Raiders landed their third four-star commit in Mesquite Horn offensive lineman Conner Dyer, who announced his decision on Twitter....

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/07/texas-tech-reels-in-verbal-commitment-from-four-star-mesquite-horn-ol-conner-dyer.html/

very nice. Tech recruited this dude hard.

Sisk
07-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Corey Dauphine might be visiting A&M on Saturday.

Blake
07-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Corey Dauphine might be visiting A&M on Saturday.

I don't blame him. I would visit everyone if I could.

Blake
07-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Nothing that 100s of other college athletes don't go through, but the dude has it rough:

http://m.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Port-Arthur-s-Dauphine-named-Super-Gold-Track-MVP-5506295.php

Even if he doesn't come to Tech I'll be pulling for Dauphine

Sisk
07-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Nothing that 100s of other college athletes don't go through, but the dude has it rough:

http://m.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Port-Arthur-s-Dauphine-named-Super-Gold-Track-MVP-5506295.php

Even if he doesn't come to Tech I'll be pulling for Dauphine

Damn

DesignatedT
07-30-2014, 07:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt0tihfCcAUniUJ.jpg

Blake
07-31-2014, 07:57 AM
:lmao

Oh man to be Kliff Kingsbury right now....

DMX7
07-31-2014, 08:12 AM
Just when I thought the fake high-end watch had tarnished his image, he goes and TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!

Blake
07-31-2014, 08:19 AM
Meanwhile, Davis Webb and other players at asst coach's house playing "cornhole"

Lol Lubbock

Blake
07-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Oklahoma kicker:

Blake
08-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Notes from NY Jets camp:

7. Rex Ryan praises Kerry Hyder.*A 6-foot-2, 280-pound defensive lineman, Hyder is an undrafted free agent out of Texas Tech, where he teamed with fellow rookie Jace Amaro. "I think that Kerry Hyder has popped out of nowhere," Ryan said. "I think he’s been a pleasant surprise."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/07/10_observations_from_day_8_of_jets_camp_where_the_ offense_woke_up_a_little.html

Blake
08-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Rivals: Katy (Texas) 2016 linebacker*Paddy Fisher*visited Texas Tech (with teammate 2016 4 star commit Collin Wilder) over the weekend.*

Tech is the only school he has listed at the moment. That won't last long. This kid can play.

Sisk
08-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Looks like you're keeping Corey. Visiting A&M didn't change anything

Blake
08-02-2014, 09:13 PM
But A&M's new facilities?!l

Sisk
08-03-2014, 10:05 AM
But A&M's new facilities?!l

Can't compete with the women Kingsbury gives Corey during his visits

Blake
08-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Lol you saw Corey's twitter page?

DMX7
08-03-2014, 09:39 PM

:lmao you got me curious and I checked out his twitter, haha

Sisk
08-04-2014, 05:54 PM

:lol no I did not. But just saw it. Guess I was right lol

Blake
08-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Lol bad ass

Texas Tech fans wanting to watch quarterback commitment*Jarrett Stidham*will get their chance*on national television.Stidham and Stephenville will take on the same Lubbock-Cooper team that the Yellow Jackets defeated 42-28 in the 3A Regional Final last year behind three touchdowns from Stidham. The game will be televised on ESPN.The game was supposed to be played on Sept. 20 in Stephenville. But because it will be televised, the date has been moved up to Sept. 18.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Bolt/Stidham-Stephenville-to-Play-on-National-Television-30084270

ThePop
08-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Akamnonu committed to you guys.

How is it that Tech got a 4 star DT from Hawaii?

Vito Corleone
08-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Can't compete with the women Kingsbury gives Corey during his visits

Pussy is still undefeated.

Blake
08-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Akamnonu committed to you guys.

I was cautiously optimistic based on his visits.

The four-star offensive tackle committed to the Red Raiders on Saturday — coincidentally head coach Kliff Kingsbury's 35th birthday — becoming the ninth member of their 2015 class. The 6-foot-5, 269-pounder chose them over Oklahoma, which he visited two weeks ago.“To be honest, Tech's been my favorite for a while,” he said. “It was just that I wanted to make sure, so that's why I went to Oklahoma. It really put it into perspective that I wanted to go to Tech.”The Arlington Bowie senior — the No. 295 player nationally and the No. 31 offensive tackle, according to 247Sports' composite ratings — also heavily considered Missouri and Texas.247Sports' Crystal Ball projections gave Akamnonu an 88 percent chance of going to Oklahoma with Texas Tech and Texas each receiving a six percent chance.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-land-OT-Madison-Akamnonu-30182291

How is it that Tech got a 4 star DT from Hawaii?

His older brothers came to Tech. I'd have to look up how the first Fehoko got there.

Blake
08-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Pussy is still undefeated.

I wonder what Missouri offered Michael Sam

Blake
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
ESPN RecruitingNation released its list of the most important recruit for every league on Monday. For the Big 12, they decided it was Texas Tech commitment Jarrett Stidham, who is the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback recruit in the country:*"When Stidham committed to Texas Tech, it not only gave the Red Raiders one of their highest-ranked commitments in years but also showed the rest of the world that Texas Tech can be a major player in the recruiting realm."

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=big12&id=87720&src=desktop

Blake
08-12-2014, 04:41 PM
He's handsome. He is blessed with certain physical attributes. He has a certain – how should I put this – friendly and accommodating bone structure. There's normal attractive and there's football-coach attractive; Kingsbury fits into both categories.Imagine if Uncle Rico actually matched his life goals – and could throw a football over them mountains in the first place. Imagine Benjamin Button as a football coach: Everyone becomes a better coach in time, due to added experience and so forth, but Kingsbury becomes better looking – and scope as evidence that playing-days headshot, bowl cut and all.Kingsbury is where image and football have met, colliding like two worlds for the benefit of the coach, the team and the program. Texas Tech is cool; Texas Tech has long been weird, unorthodox, but never cool. Image, part of the process elsewhere, is the Red Raiders' defining tool.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/08/10/texas-tech-red-raiders-kliff-kingsbury-2014-countdown-preview-roster-depth-chart-schedule-football-four/13812071/

Vito Corleone
08-13-2014, 04:01 PM
I wonder what Missouri offered Michael Sam

Probably this

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11344394

Blake
08-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Probably this

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11344394

there are no words..

Blake
08-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Brewer said he likely would be at either Texas or TCU right now if not for Texas Tech blocking his request to include both Big 12 schools on his list of potential destinations. Brewer appealed the decision to the NCAA to no avail, a judgment that doesn’t sit well with Robert Brewer after former Texas Tech co-offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie was allowed to take a job at TCU this offseason.“We just couldn’t get it done because the head football coach at Texas Tech was able to say, ‘No, he’s not going there,’ even though he graduated and did things all the right way when that guy wasn’t even there and that guy didn’t even recruit him,” Robert Brewer said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/virginia-tech-football-michael-brewer-transplants-texas-roots-for-shot-at-qb-spot/2014/08/09/157e9ef2-2002-11e4-ae54-0cfe1f974f8a_story.html

Best of luck to Michael.

Tough shit, Michael's dad.

FkLA
08-15-2014, 12:40 AM

Blake
08-15-2014, 08:26 AM
https://warosu.org/data/biz/img/0002/07/1394624255402.jpg

Blake
08-15-2014, 03:27 PM

holy carp

Blake
08-15-2014, 04:50 PM

Blake
08-20-2014, 03:15 PM
" Stockton Impressing.*Via the SAEN, Head coach Kliff Kingsbury talked a bit about freshman RB Justin Stockton and what he envisions for him:"Any time you can get personnel on the field and the defense won't know what group we are in is a huge advantage for the offense," Kingsbury said. "He's a guy who when he gets the system down, we feel like we can move him around and a lot of different things with him."

http://www.vivathematadors.com/

Blake
08-22-2014, 10:10 AM
I think Mike's little brother is still committed to Ohio State for basketball.

not terribly surprising

When his older brother Mike transferred from Ohio State to play football at Texas Tech, many people expected four-star 2015 small forward*Mickey Mitchell*to decommit from Ohio State.He did so on Twitter on Thursday. The question remains whether he'll also become a Red Raider.Five predictors in Mitchell's Crystal Ball anticipated the decommitment with "Flip" picks for SMU, Baylor and Florida. Since IEEE the decommitment, Texas Tech has registered a prediction.Mitchell, who has a high-level basketball IQ, is primarily known for his passing ability but is also a deft off-the-ball defender. He is ranked No. 73 by 247Sports and No. 81 in the 247Sports Composite.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Four-star-SF-Mickey-Mitchell-decommits-from-OSU-headed-to-Tech-30485988

NFO
08-22-2014, 11:51 AM
not terribly surprising

Nope, was wondering why it took so long actually. Will be curious to see where he ends up now.

Have you heard anything on if their dad was still sick. I believe that was one of the rumors (as well as playing time) as to why Mike transferred and put in the harship waiver.

Blake
08-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Nope, was wondering why it took so long actually. Will be curious to see where he ends up now.

Have you heard anything on if their dad was still sick. I believe that was one of the rumors (as well as playing time) as to why Mike transferred and put in the harship waiver.

No. I guess since Mike was denied being eligible to play this year, the story of dad has died out

Blake
08-23-2014, 11:12 PM

Blake
08-23-2014, 11:18 PM
^ 4 star RB Chris Warren

Blake
08-27-2014, 02:09 PM

Texas Tech*commitment*Breiden Fehoko*(6'2.5/290) of Farrington High School in Hawaii is Scout's newest 5-Star rated college football prospect.

Blake
08-27-2014, 02:20 PM
The only two Scout 5 star 2015 recruits in the Big 12 are headed to Tech.

Blake
09-07-2014, 12:17 AM
" Stockton Impressing.*Via the SAEN, Head coach Kliff Kingsbury talked a bit about freshman RB Justin Stockton and what he envisions for him:"Any time you can get personnel on the field and the defense won't know what group we are in is a huge advantage for the offense," Kingsbury said. "He's a guy who when he gets the system down, we feel like we can move him around and a lot of different things with him."

http://www.vivathematadors.com/

Stockton.

NFO
09-12-2014, 07:52 AM
When his older brother Mike transferred from Ohio State to play football at Texas Tech, many people expected four-star 2015 small forward*Mickey Mitchell*to decommit from Ohio State.He did so on Twitter on Thursday. The question remains whether he'll also become a Red Raider.Five predictors in Mitchell's Crystal Ball anticipated the decommitment with "Flip" picks for SMU, Baylor and Florida. Since IEEE the decommitment, Texas Tech has registered a prediction.Mitchell, who has a high-level basketball IQ, is primarily known for his passing ability but is also a deft off-the-ball defender. He is ranked No. 73 by 247Sports and No. 81 in the 247Sports Composite.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...-Tech-30485988

not terribly surprising

RE-COMMITTED Last night

Mickey Mitchell Re-Commits to Ohio-State (http://theozone.net/Ohio-State/All-Sports/All-Seasons/News/2015-Forward-Mickey-Mitchell-Re-Commits-to-Ohio-State)

Blake
09-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Lol I wonder what they did to get him to re commit.

NFO
09-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Lol I wonder what they did to get him to re commit.

I'm gussing it was something between flowers and a card and a new car. lol

Blake
09-18-2014, 02:36 PM

Blake
09-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Stidham playing against Lubbock Cooper tonight on ESPN2 @ 8pm cst

Blake
09-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Corey Dauphine rushed for 218 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries in Port Arthur Memorial's 42-32 loss to George Ranch.*

http://247sports.com/Player/Corey-Dauphine-22171

Blake
10-09-2014, 05:15 PM

http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...-Tech-30485988

RE-COMMITTED Last night

Mickey Mitchell Re-Commits to Ohio-State (http://theozone.net/Ohio-State/All-Sports/All-Seasons/News/2015-Forward-Mickey-Mitchell-Re-Commits-to-Ohio-State)

The other other brother 4 star LB McKinley Mitchell lists Tech #1 out of his top three

http://texastech.247sports.com/

Blake
10-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Big visitor weekend this Saturday.

The two biggest commits in the big 12:

5 star QB Jarrett Stidham
5 star DE Breiden Fehoko

will be trying to convince these guys to commit:

5 star WR Tyron Johnson
4 star WR Carlos Strickland
2017 4 star C Jack Anderson (#1 C in nation)
3 star WR to flip from Illinois

NFO
10-14-2014, 07:49 AM
The other other brother 4 star LB McKinley Mitchell lists Tech #1 out of his top three

I can't remember if Mike was a 5 or 4 star LB. Which one appears to better?

Blake
10-14-2014, 09:52 AM
I can't remember if Mike was a 5 or 4 star LB. Which one appears to better?

Mike is a 5 star athletic freak. I'm going to bet that Urban will wish he did more to try to keep Mitchell there.

Blake
10-14-2014, 09:59 AM
".... This is the highest rating we’ve ever seen in the field," SPARQ performance analyst Eric Hakeman said.SPARQ, a division of Nike, has rated about 175,000 football players since 2004. That includes close to 17,000 this year alone.

Mitchell’s "ability to be explosive in the upper and lower body are off the charts," SPARQ performance director Paul Winsper said. "His linear speed is off the charts. And his agility, both to accelerate and decelerate, are off the charts. We’re talking about a phenomenal athlete."

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/5/30/5761038/ohio-st-linebacker-mike-mitchell-transfers-to-texas-tech

FkLA
10-20-2014, 12:45 PM
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/595929/damion-ratley

^Probably Tech's next commit. Decommitted from UTSA today after TT offered. Guy looks like a beast, I was wondering why UTSA was his only offer.

Blake
10-20-2014, 01:09 PM
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/595929/damion-ratley

^Probably Tech's next commit. Decommitted from UTSA today after TT offered. Guy looks like a beast, I was wondering why UTSA was his only offer.

If he's a JUCO with few offers, he probably filled out his college application in crayon.

Even though the commits Tech has for 2015 are the highest rated they've ever had, it's a very small recruiting class. They're starting to get a little desperate for numbers.

Blake
10-20-2014, 01:11 PM

And just like that, he'll miss the rest of his senior year because of injury

Blake
10-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Sigh

Texas Tech wide receiver Jakeem Grant was involved in an off-campus incident early Sunday morning at at El Fronterizo 12000 block of U.S. 87 in Lubbock County.According to Lt. Bryan Taylor, Lubbock County Sherrif's Office, more than 20 shots were fired around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday and Grant suffered a laceration that they are ruling as a possible stabbing.The wide receiver was sent to the hospital, but was released today and is "doing well," according to university spokesman Blayne Beal.Grant is the team's leading receiver with 50 catches for 629 yards and is tied with Reginald Davis for second with five receiving touchdowns.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/A-J-WR-Jakeem-Grant-possibly-stabbed-in-off-campus-incident-32185460

FkLA
10-20-2014, 01:22 PM
If he's a JUCO with few offers, he probably filled out his college application in crayon.

Even though the commits Tech has for 2015 are the highest rated they've ever had, it's a very small recruiting class. They're starting to get a little desperate for numbers.

No offers out of HS but not sure if that was grades related. Even if that were the case, he has two offers in October so I'd say he's gotten his shit together by now. Not sure Id call it desperation either, his stats and tape really jump out--Im guessing he picks up a couple more mid-level P5 offers eventually.

Blake
10-23-2014, 10:02 PM
His last game:

10 rec 323 yds 5 TDs.

Totals: 7 games 1000+ yards 18TDs

meh. he's aight

Kentucky just offered.

Blake
10-27-2014, 01:52 PM
Baseball:Josh Naylor, the #1 ranked 1st Baseman for the 2015 class, committed to Texas Tech Monday night over Kentucky and Arizona State. With that commit, Texas Tech now has the #22 ranked baseball class and 1st in the Big XII.

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/10/27/7052817/possible-red-raiders-a-weekly-recruiting-update-10-27-2014

Blake
10-27-2014, 02:00 PM
This dude needs to stop teasing and just pull the trigger already

Blake
10-29-2014, 02:56 PM
........ And it got even better on Tuesday night when Kliff Kingsbury and company landed a verbal commitment from four-star Dallas Skyline wide receiver Carlos Strickland

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10/texas-tech-lands-commitment-from-four-star-skyline-wr-carlos-strickland.html/

Blake
11-10-2014, 01:08 AM
No offers out of HS but not sure if that was grades related. Even if that were the case, he has two offers in October so I'd say he's gotten his shit together by now. Not sure Id call it desperation either, his stats and tape really jump out--Im guessing he picks up a couple more mid-level P5 offers eventually.

Tech got another utsa decommit: 3 star WR Quan Shorts

FkLA
11-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Fags.

From what ive read though he is also getting alot of attention from A&M and LSU, so Tech might not be able to hang onto him either.

Blake
11-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Fags.

From what ive read though he is also getting alot of attention from A&M and LSU, so Tech might not be able to hang onto him either.

He took a trip to aggy land and afterwards committed to Tech.

he's got great size and speed but if he doesn't come to Lubbock, I won't cry. You guys needed him bad though. :cry

FkLA
11-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Meh, I wasn't as upset as most fans.

Maybe he blows up in college but from the stats I've seen he's all measurables and little production. I was more butthurt about Ratley decommitting tbh.

The Reckoning
11-11-2014, 08:04 AM
lol tech and utsa fighting over recruits

Blake
11-11-2014, 08:16 AM
lol tech and utsa fighting over recruits

not really.

Blake
11-21-2014, 02:40 PM
16 nominees for Army Player of the Year:

Blake
11-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Stephenville five-star quarterback and Texas Tech commit*Jarrett Stidham*was 18-25 passing for 341 yards and six touchdowns in a 69-60 win over Lubbock Estacado. He also ran for 181 yards and three touchdowns on 12 carries.*

http://t.co/r7P1LNBdzl

Oh.

The Reckoning
11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Brewer is almost as bad as Swoopes

Blake
12-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Brewer is almost as bad as Swoopes

Next fall Tech will have 3 QBs on campus better than Swoopes.

Mind boggling, tbh.

Blake
12-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Blake
12-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Texas Tech true freshman quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been named the Big 12 Conference Offensive Player of the Week after a record-breaking game during Tech's final game of the 2014 season against No. 5 Baylor at AT&T Stadium in Arlington last weekend.Mahomes (Whitehouse, Texas) passed for a Big 12 freshman record 598 yards on 30-of-56 passing while tying a Big 12 freshman mark with six touchdown passes during the Red Raiders 48-46 loss to the Bears.Twice last season Texas Tech had a freshman quarterback earn Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week honors while Mahomes becomes the 10th Texas Tech quarterback to earn the recognition.Mahomes, who made four starts this season, completed his first collegiate campaign with three consecutive 300-yard passing performances and three straight games with at least four touchdown passes.

During his final three starts against Oklahoma, Iowa State and Baylor, Mahomes tallied 1,319 passing yards with 14 touchdowns and just two interceptions on 80-of-141 passing with a 165.3 efficiency while averaging 439.7 passing yards per game.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Patrick-Mahomes-named-Big-12-Offensive-Player-of-the-Week-33444673

Huh. Some potential qb battle...but I think Webb comes out as the starter, just on a very short leash.

Blake
12-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Damn tech wants this kid in a bad way

Blake
12-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Lol open letter to Under Armour

Dear Under Armour,

I've been thinking quite a bit about Texas Tech's uniforms.* You see, I’m not a design person by trade. Oh, no. Actually, I’m an attorney in my day job and I write for this pretty awesome site called, Viva The Matadors, when I have the time.* Even though I do both of those things, I admittedly have a passion for design. I’m always curious about why things look the way that they do. I’m interested in why a particular font is used over another. I love thinking about why a web site looks the way that it does.* I love studying logos. All sorts of logos. Business logos, sports logos, really anything where someone has incorporated a word or a phrase into something visual as well.* I consider myself an amateur when it comes to design, but it's something that interests me greatly.I’ve been pretty quiet about Texas Tech uniforms. I understand that the uniforms really aren’t for me, but they are for the recruits and making news and all of those sorts of things. I get that, I honestly do and I’ve considered writing about Texas Tech’s uniforms for the better part of two years. Two years of figuring things out. Two years of considering and thinking about the uniforms.* I want it to be clear that what I'm about to write isn't reactionary in any way shape or form as most people know that I try not to be reactionary about anything.

Now, I’m ready.

Stop shitting on Texas Tech's uniforms and Texas Tech's brand.

..........a lot more lols.......:

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/12/1/7303647/an-open-letter-to-under-armour-on-texas-techs-uniforms

Preach on brother.

NFO
12-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Tough break with the Jarrett Stidham de-commit.

Blake
12-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Tough break with the Jarrett Stidham de-commit.

yeah it suuuucks, but with Davis Webb and Patrick Mahomes being young, even if Stidham had redshirted, he would only have had two years as a starter........which is why I was initially shocked myself that he committed to Tech and committed so fast. I just figured he really wanted to play for Kliff that badly.

He can start right at Baylor and have a chance at a conference title right off the bat.

FkLA
12-15-2014, 06:31 PM

Wut. So what was that early agreement shit^ he signed, I thought I remembered reading that that was binding.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Wut. So what was that early agreement shit^ he signed, I thought I remembered reading that that was binding.

Financial aid agreement, and no, it's not binding. Recruits sign it anyway to show they are committed, but as Stidham proves, it doesn't always mean they really are.

Blake
12-16-2014, 09:22 AM
" Jarrett Stidham decommits. Now what? You go to a luau with [5 star recruit] Breiden Fehoko and make a*fire.

Blake
12-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech D coordinator goin at it

DMX7
12-16-2014, 10:27 AM
" Jarrett Stidham decommits. Now what? You go to a luau with [5 star recruit] Breiden Fehoko and make a*fire.

He may not be winning, but Kliff is still living the dream to max extent possible while still living in Lubbock.

Blake
12-16-2014, 10:38 AM
He may not be winning, but Kliff is still living the dream to max extent possible while still living in Lubbock.

lol Kliff is gonna keep recruiting Hawaii as much as possible.

Beats the hell out of recruiting the Midland Odessa area

Blake
12-16-2014, 11:09 AM
And yeah if you're making $3+ million a year, living in Lubbock is ok.

Blake
12-18-2014, 06:34 PM
So far not any fall out from Stidhamgate

Blake
12-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Nice WR commit:

La Mirada (Calif.) receiver*Tony Brown*announced his commitment to*Texas Tech*via Twitter on Thursday.*Brown, who is rated as a four-star prospect, the No. 32 receiver nationally and No. 6 in*California*by Scout, chose the Red Raiders over offers from*Colorado,*Iowa State,*Nebraska,*Purdue,*San Diego State,*SMU,*UCLA,*Utah,*Utah State*and*Washington State.*

Blake
01-16-2015, 09:49 AM
slick Kliff on that final push tour....two four star OLinemen commits:

Blake
01-16-2015, 11:26 AM

Not sure who I'm more excited to see play on defense: Fehoko or Mike Mitchell

Blake
01-16-2015, 11:36 AM
BEAVERTON, Ore. --*Mike Mitchell*sat on the stairs leading up to the awards stage.After running a 4.39 40-yard dash, the 6-foot-4, 215-pound linebacker from Plano (Texas) Prestonwood Christian Academy needed to catch his breath."It felt so good," Mitchell said. "It's probably one of the best feelings I've had during training stuff like this.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8137631&src=desktop

Still can't believe this dude is coming to Tech....

Blake
01-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Offensive line ranked at or near the top of Texas Tech’s team strengths last season. That could well be the case again in 2015, especially with the return of two-time first-team All-Big 12 tackle Le’Raven Clark.Thursday was the deadline for underclassmen to file for the NFL draft, but Tech athletics spokesman Blayne Beal said Thursday that Clark is staying for his senior season.

yessirrr.......offense should be clicking next year back to usual per par.

But det defense......

Blake
01-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Lol bleacher report

"who has best chance to be darkhorse playoff candidate next year?"

The truest out-of-nowhere contender is Texas Tech. The Red Raiders are an active punch line—Kingsbury signed*a contract extension*for*how long?!—but have the pieces in place to go far........

They have two capable quarterbacks. Both leading rushers return. So do seven of the top eight pass-catchers and (potentially) four starters along the offensive line. All-Big 12 tackle Le'Raven Clark has yet to declare for the NFL draft, and he still might, but the thought of his return makes this offense look scary on paper.

Also coming back next year (potentially) is Big 12 sack leader Pete Robertson at outside linebacker and all-conference honorable mentions J.J. Gaines and Justis Nelson in the secondary. That and the addition of inside linebacker Mike Mitchell, a former*top-60 recruit*who sat out in 2014 after transferring from Ohio State, gives Gibbs some pieces to work with in his first year with the defense.

Texas Tech has lost 13 of 18 games since starting 7-0 last season, but why look at the glass as three-fourths empty? The glass is also one-fourth full! Texas Tech was on a seven-game winning streak!The Raiders play TCU at home and Baylor on a neutral field next season. They have a chance to score a quality nonconference road win at Arkansas. They weren't very good in 2014, but neither was TCU in 2013 nor Auburn in 2012. These things happen. It's football.It's*college*football.

Guns Up! for 2015.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2317274-who-will-be-the-out-of-nowhere-college-football-playoff-contender-in-2015

Yay. Another off season filled with promise and potential only to be jinxed by B/R

Blake
01-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Lol Fehoko

Blake
01-19-2015, 10:28 PM
Another Hawaii prospect......good friends with Fehoko.

Will still probably end up at ucla, but at least these guys are coming to Lubbock.

Blake
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Random

Golf

Texas Tech senior wins Latin American Amateur Championship, earns invite to Masters

Associated Press
Published:*18 January 2015 07:34 PMUpdated:*18 January 2015 09:18 PM

BUENOS AIRES — Matias*Dominguez*closed with a 1-under 71 on Sunday to win the inaugural Latin American Amateur Championship, earning a spot at Augusta National in April as the first player from Chile at the Masters in more than 50 years.After two bogeys on the last three holes,*Dominguez*won at Pilar Golf Club by one shot over Alejandro Tosti of Argentina, who also shot a 71.Alvaro Ortiz, the brother of PGA Tour player Carlos Ortiz of Mexico, bogeyed the 18th for a 67 and finished two shots behind.Dominguez, a senior at Texas Tech, finished at 11-under 277.

Blake
01-22-2015, 09:56 AM

Blake
01-22-2015, 04:01 PM

Blake
01-22-2015, 04:04 PM

Kliff's last effort to reel in some Cali boys