PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Prime: Kobe, Duncan Ginobilli vs. Lebron, Bosh, Wade

Koolaid_Man
03-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Who you got Spur fan...West vs. East? :lmao this is quite the conundrum for Spur fan....

My money is on Kobe, Duncan, Ginibolli....but but they do have Lebron....

spurraider21
03-20-2014, 08:41 PM
One team has nobody to defend Prime Duncan, the other has nobody that can defend Prime Lebron. i'd probably go with team bron because kobe is just gna jack up contested fadeaways to try to punk lebron, and will ignore the post a-la the 2004 finals

Clipper Nation
03-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Kirby would chuck his team out of it, tbh....

HemisfairArena
03-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Once again...a big man(Duncan) would have to carry Kobrick to the win.

Koolaid_Man
03-20-2014, 08:45 PM
So Duncan and Bron cancel...that leaves Kobe and Ginobilli vs. Wade and Bosh....who you got Spur fan :lmao

HemisfairArena
03-20-2014, 08:48 PM
So Duncan and Bron cancel...that leaves Kobe and Ginobilli vs. Wade and Bosh....who you got Spur fan :lmao

Kobe is better than Wade...I'll give you that...but no one is saying Wade is top 10 All Time like foolish Laker fans think Kobrick is. Neither of them belong in the Top 10...just like Manu and Bosh don't either.

Clipper Nation
03-20-2014, 08:51 PM

Koolaid_Man
03-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Kobe is better than Wade...I'll give you that...but no one is saying Wade is top 10 All Time like foolish Laker fans think Kobrick is. Neither of them belong in the Top 10...just like Manu and Bosh don't either.

we're not saying it..his Peers and the all-time greats are.....

I'm just agreeing with their assessment ;-)

scanry
03-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Capri getting shat on Bell Boy.

Koolaid_Man
03-20-2014, 08:55 PM
he can't see me....

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2014, 09:02 PM
this trhead is stupid, kobe coatriding as usual, pair him with scrubs faggot

we have seen what lebron can and cannot do against a prime or tosb version duncan....

Arcadian
03-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Those matchups make no sense, you stupid faggot. What the hell were you thinking? God damn your brain must be full of shit.

Team West has two SGs and a PF/C. Team East has a SG, SF, and PF. What the fuck? Dumbass.

Leetonidas
03-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Prime Duncan is the best player out of the group so I'll take his team. Prime Turnobili and Rapist are just an added bonus

spurraider21
03-20-2014, 09:11 PM
they don't cancel. Wade and Bosh will feed LeBron, who would torch Kobe.

on the other hand, Kobe wouldn't let Duncan post up and would just jack up contested shots on lebron to try to match his scoring, rendering Tim useless on offense

SupremeGuy
03-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Once again...a big man(Duncan) would have to carry Kobrick to the win.Pretty much...

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2014, 10:41 PM
heat big 3 struggled against a tosb duncan in the finals who did nothing but shoot jumpers

the heat team has no frontline, so what are going to do against a prime duncanm heck i take a rookie duncan who would still have his way with them

Sybok
03-20-2014, 10:55 PM
I go with the fact that Cedric has betrayed his charge as a Lakers troll in the dick sucking display he put on during the 2013 NBA Finals where he rooted for the same team that swept the Lakers.

Clipper Nation
03-20-2014, 11:03 PM
I go with the fact that Cedric has betrayed his charge as a Lakers troll in the dick sucking display he put on during the 2013 NBA Finals where he rooted for the same team that swept the Lakers.

He even declared himself to be a Spurfan. Christ!

Killakobe81
03-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Lebron is the most dominant player but Kobe/Duncan/Manu are three of the most competitive and clutch players I ever seen ...plus Duncan would destroy Bosh more than Lebron could Kobe or Wade do Manu in fact the "Fire" that burn s in Kobe/Manu would make them hold their own.

Plus for the Heat Bosh is actually the best pure shooter of their bunch ...

phyzik
03-21-2014, 12:02 AM
Since apparently we are doing asinine matchups... how about Prime Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and Kawhi vs Prime Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Kobe?

Parker vs Wade
Duncan vs Bosh
Kawhi vs Lebron
Ginobili vs Kobe

Parker and Wade pretty much cancel eachother out 1 on 1... but in a team setting, Parker has the edge if paired with his long time team mates Duncan and Ginobili.

Duncan vs Bosh.... 1 on 1.... LOL...... Duncan's got this any way you look at it.

Kahwi vs Lebron..... Lebron has the CLEAR advantage on offense, but you can just look at footage and know that Lebron HATES playing against Kahwi. Here is Lebrons reaction to Kahwi checking in... :lol:

TkUxrM2m31s

Kobe vs Ginobili.... Considering Kobe's recent injury and his penchant for trying to be the "hero" he would kill his team on offense. Ginobili on the other hand revels in passing out to open team mates and knows how and when to attack.

I'd say Duncan's team wins this one by anywhere between 6 to 16 points 8 out of 10 times.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Prime Ginobili = (80%) Prime Wade
Prime Kobe = (95%) Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh = (70%) Prime Duncan

So in other words

Duncan > Bosh
Lebron > Kobe
Wade > Ginobili

But Kobe and Lebron are pretty close so it's almost a wash, but Duncan's advantage over Bosh is more than Wade's advantage over Ginobili, so I'll give the nod to kobe/duncan/ginobili.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2014, 12:06 AM
how about Prime Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and Kawhi vs Prime Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Kobe?

jARS mEsH sEt
03-21-2014, 12:06 AM
But that's only thinking about 1 on 1 matchups in isolation.

Phillip
03-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Prime Duncan is the best player out of the group so I'll take his team.

Um, no.

Big Duncan fan here, but prime Lebron is without question the best of the group, and prime Kobe is arguably equal or superior to prime Duncan (except in spurfans eyes).

superjames1992
03-21-2014, 12:11 AM
Manu would probably make a stupid, half-hearted foul LeBron on the final shot to give the East a three-point play and send the game to OT, which the East would win. Tbh.......

Rogue
03-21-2014, 12:18 AM
prime manu = wade (both kind of lived on FT line)
Duncan >>>>>..> Bosh
Kobe (who is God) > the Great Satan

scanry
03-21-2014, 12:47 AM
Um, no.

Big Duncan fan here, but prime Lebron is without question the best of the group, and prime Kobe is arguably equal or superior to prime Duncan (except in spurfans eyes).

Can't really compare a PF/C to a SF tbh. If we're talking 1990's & 2000's, I would take Duncan over Lebron. But if we are talking 2010's, i'd take Lebron over Duncan.

Sean Cagney
03-21-2014, 12:58 AM
Is this a serious question? The Spurs teams in the 00's would whipe the floor with this Heat Team now! Last years took them 7 in this watered down league and this is not nearly the 00's Spurs. That team with Kobe added would beat the every living shit outta them three, period.

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Um, no.

care to explain why prime lebron struggled in b2b finals? let alone the series against the mavs?

HI-FI
03-21-2014, 01:57 AM
maybe Extra Stout was getting back to his roots....

jimbo
03-21-2014, 02:02 AM
Is this a serious question? The Spurs teams in the 00's would whipe the floor with this Heat Team now! Last years took them 7 in this watered down league and this is not nearly the 00's Spurs. That team with Kobe added would beat the every living shit outta them three, period.

Why couldn't you repeat then?

http://juweonnago.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dirk.jpg

Tbh even if this didn't happen 2006 still woulda went to the Heat, and that Heat team was worse than the 2012 version.

jimbo
03-21-2014, 02:02 AM
care to explain why prime lebron struggled in b2b finals? let alone the series against the mavs?

Duncan never even made b2b finals. Lebron is en route to his 4th straight.

irishock
03-21-2014, 02:03 AM
replace bosh with nowitzki and team b would win

Sean Cagney
03-21-2014, 02:08 AM
Why couldn't you repeat then?

Tbh even if this didn't happen 2006 still woulda went to the Heat, and that Heat team was worse than the 2012 version.Your a dumbass. The Spurs in 06 would have won easily, be serious. Dallas got jerked BTW on alot of calls. Spurs team in the 00's would beat the shit outta this Heat Team now, NBA watered down now, any real fan knows that and you do too. Stop it.
Duncan never even made b2b finals. Lebron is en route to his 4th straight.
Duncan never scored 2 points in the 4th quarter average in the finals at all like Lebron did in 011...... He choked bigtime and Tim never did in the finals for a whole series. Lebron was scared. BTW your team you said Spurs, you are not a Spurs fan so go change it to the Lakers as it is clear are you not a Spurs fan you jerk. Another stupid ass troll.

irishock
03-21-2014, 02:27 AM
The Spurs would have matched up extremely well vs Miami in 06; there's no way that series would even go back to SA for 6-7 games. Plus they didn't have Avery Johnson coaching

jimbo
03-21-2014, 02:30 AM
Your a dumbass. The Spurs in 06 would have won easily, be serious. Dallas got jerked BTW on alot of calls. Spurs team in the 00's would beat the shit outta this Heat Team now, NBA watered down now, any real fan knows that and you do too. Stop it.

:lol at how mad you are at this.

In reality what happened was that the Spurs lost and the Heat won. You can't change that and unless you think Stern was teaching Cuban a lesson, there's no reason to think that Wade woulda got less calls.

Instead this is what you got.

Duncan never scored 2 points in the 4th quarter average in the finals at all like Lebron did in 011...... He choked bigtime and Tim never did in the finals for a whole series. Lebron was scared. BTW your team you said Spurs, you are not a Spurs fan so go change it to the Lakers as it is clear are you not a Spurs fan you jerk. Another stupid ass troll.

Duncan's all time point total in a second consecutive finals trip: 0

jimbo
03-21-2014, 02:31 AM
The Spurs would have matched up extremely well vs Miami in 06; there's no way that series would even go back to SA for 6-7 games. Plus they didn't have Avery Johnson coaching

Break it down for me irishock

UNCLE-DREW
03-21-2014, 06:51 AM

2013:

on .447

2012:

on .472

give any other player not named Lebron James these stats and people would say that player had an amazing finals performance.
so if you think lebron can do better you do agree hes way better then any other player ^^

oh and in primes it's

James >> Duncan >>>>> Kobe > Wade

James >>>>>> Kobe
Duncan >>>> Bosh
Wade >> Manu

Koolaid_Man
03-21-2014, 08:18 AM
2013:

on .447

2012:

on .472

give any other player not named Lebron James these stats and people would say that player had an amazing finals performance.
so if you think lebron can do better you do agree hes way better then any other player ^^

oh and in primes it's

James >>>>>> Kobe
Duncan >>>> Bosh
Wade >> Manu

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

UNCLE-DREW
03-21-2014, 09:41 AM
[/B]

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

gotta love that overated chucker :sleep

Killakobe81
03-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Um, no.

Leetonidas with the truth bombs. Duncan has the best fictional matchup but Lebron is the most dominant player since shaq. I guess if we just say "better fundamental player" than a case can be made for Duncan and Kobe obviously.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-21-2014, 10:03 AM
2013:

on .447

2012:

on .472

oh and in primes it's

James >>>>>> Kobe
Duncan >>>> Bosh
Wade >> Manu

I like making fun of Kirby as much as the next guy, but prime Lebron isn't 6 arrows better than prime Kobe unless we haven't yet seen prime Lebron and he gets like twice as good as he is now.

03-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Plus they didn't have Avery Johnson coaching:lmao

Joseph Kony
03-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Um, no.

imo he's very close, but it's hard to judge LeBron since we're not entirely sure if he's peaked yet. But Duncan was incredibly dominant in the early 2000s on both ends of the floor and only KG is near him in terms of offensive/defensive production over the last 20 years. I think LeBron will end up going down as the better player in most people's eyes but I'll admit I'm slightly biased because I watched Duncan for so long and he was always a constant force on the court, consistently game in and game out and often ramped it up in the playoffs and never had a disappointing Finals series. And as much as I dislike al-quobe he definitely is one of the greatest players ever and combined with Duncan I don't see many teams that are going to stop a prime Duncan/Bryant combo

Joseph Kony
03-21-2014, 10:31 AM
but as some have pointed out Kobe would probably just hog the ball and not utilize Manu as the shot creator while ignoring Duncan in the post..

Phillip
03-21-2014, 11:37 AM

I recall LeBron being pretty dominant against OKC. And last year he sure came through big in games 6 and 7, when his team needed him most.

Truth is, its easier to game plan for LeBron on the Heat because this team is not well built. They just grabbed talent and threw it together. But the team is not built in a way to compliment LeBron well. The spacing at times is terrible, and they don't really have a guy who can create offense off of LeBron. Wade has to dominate the ball too much to be effective. This makes it easier to create a defensive game plan for LeBron. Its not like Shaq/Kobe or Jordan/Pippen or Bird/McHale where their skill sets complimented each other. Wade doesn't compliment LeBron very well.

D-Wade
03-21-2014, 12:43 PM
I'd probably go with Prime Kobe, Duncan and Ginobili just because they fit better w/each other. Gino can do the playmaking, Kobe the chucking and TD the leadership and D.

With Prime Wade and Lebron, It'd be tough to know who would lead the team and take the final shot. As we saw in 2011, it didn't quite work when Wade was in superstar form. Then again, I'd like to think an 06 or 09 Wade would have been able to beat the 11 Mavs, even with Lebron's struggles.

D-Wade
03-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Also for Primes it's:

Lebron > Kobe
Wade >> Ginobili
Duncan >>>> Bosh

DAF86
03-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Change prime Kobe for prime Danny Green and team A wins.

DJB
03-21-2014, 01:34 PM

DJB
03-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Also for Primes it's:

Lebron > Kobe
Wade >> Ginobili
Duncan >>>> Bosh

Don't necessarily agree with this at all. You're vastly underrating prime Ginobili.

Joseph Kony
03-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Prime Manu was a beast some might say he was better than Dirk tbh

poeticism707
03-21-2014, 01:50 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

This.

Prime TD, Kobe, and Manu would embarass prime Bron, Wade. and Bosh.

DAF86
03-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Prime Manu was a beast some might say he was better than Dirk tbh

Most definitely.

DAF86
03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
:lol

Killakobe81
03-21-2014, 01:57 PM

Dumbest of the dumb recent posts ...

Kidd K
03-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Prime Duncan would beat the brakes off Chris Bosh. Prime Kobe actually played defense and was better than Wade ever was. Prime Bron obviously crushes Prime Manu though since LeBron can just overpower him. The LeBron matchup would pretty much be carrying the east to even give them a chance. Bosh vs Duncan is definitely the weak link on the east though. They'd get killed there

Hate to take the bitch way out but tbh, the other two starters and role players kinda would make a difference here, lol. If the west got Bowen to guard LeBron, they'd win easily imo. Probably 4-1 series tops.

Koolaid_Man
03-21-2014, 03:02 PM
I guess like assholes everyone has an opinion....I'm gonna roll with the all of the all-time greats that easily pick a prime Kobe over a prime Lebron....there's just something special about a player's opinion over fat chubby Spurstalk posters...

Prime Kobe > Lebron and it's not even close....when Lebron faces Western Style competition night in and night out then yall come holla at a nigga...that goes for you to Killa ;-)

My assessment is you cats simple don't know or understand the game....MJ, Bird, Dr J, Kareem and Hakeem can't all be wrong... ;-)

D-Wade
03-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Don't necessarily agree with this at all. You're vastly underrating prime Ginobili.

Nah. It's no knock on Gino. It wasn't until I met my old Spurfan roommate that I realized how good he was.

Part of it is that we don't know how Ginobili would have fared as THE MAN in the NBA. He was definitely a great scorer who made clutch shots, but since he never played on an NBA team w/o Duncan and Parker, we'll never know if he could have sustained it.

The only thing Manu clearly has on Wade is 3 point shooting and maybe playmaking (though I'd argue Wade has been underrated in this department his entire career).

DAF86
03-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Dumbest of the dumb recent posts ...

Hey, don't hate me. Kobefan was the one that thought that a Kobe/Green comparisson was feasible.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230375&page=2&p=7194733#post7194733

Sean Cagney
03-21-2014, 08:40 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

This.

Prime TD, Kobe, and Manu would embarass prime Bron, Wade. and Bosh.
Oh yeah and then some. They would beat them in 5.

Drachen
03-21-2014, 09:42 PM
they don't cancel. Wade and Bosh will feed LeBron, who would torch Kobe.

on the other hand, Kobe wouldn't let Duncan post up and would just jack up contested shots on lebron to try to match his scoring, rendering Tim useless on offense

While I agree on this, manu probably brings the ball up and has ultimate say on who gets the ball

mercos
03-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Kobe, Duncan, and Ginobili take this. Duncan's advantage over Bosh is big enough that the other two match ups almost don't even matter. Prime Kobe was an excellent defender. Hell, post prime Kobe did a decent enough job guarding Lebron in the All Star game a few years back. Manu is also an underrated defender. I don't really see any way Lebron, Wade, and Bosh could take this.

TDMVPDPOY
03-22-2014, 03:11 AM
Kobe, Duncan, and Ginobili take this. Duncan's advantage over Bosh is big enough that the other two match ups almost don't even matter. Prime Kobe was an excellent defender. Hell, post prime Kobe did a decent enough job guarding Lebron in the All Star game a few years back. Manu is also an underrated defender. I don't really see any way Lebron, Wade, and Bosh could take this.

PRIME kobe is nothing more than a coatrider

kobe never had a prime or peak, his nothing more than a volume shooter

POPownsJackson
03-22-2014, 03:18 AM
PRIME kobe is nothing more than a coatrider

kobe never had a prime or peak, his nothing more than a volume shooter
Take white bitch away from Kobe and he have use his hand and try anf fuck teammate on cort

jag
03-22-2014, 01:18 PM

:lol