PDA

View Full Version : Actors/Actresses you're sick of

DD
03-20-2014, 08:44 PM
The Gyllenhaals...they've always been terrible imo, luckily I haven't seen the aardvark in anything since TDK
Jennifer Lawrence...5/10 at best in Miami, nothing special acting-wise.
Kevin Hart...self-explanatory, never would've been noticed even as a gimmick if it weren't for being DPG's height.
Samuel L. Jackson...just sick of seeing him on Capital One ads. All he's done is parrot his loud angry black man schtick from Pulp Fiction and DH3 anyways.
Amy Adams...just oversaturated, it'd be nice to see her turn down a film every once in awhile tbh
Robert De Niro...one of my favs back in the day, but needs to just go away gracefully before it's too late.
Meryl Streep...ugh
Ice Cube...Uncle Tom wit' attitude now...

Too many, will add as I remember more...

Predicted hipster response: Matthew McConaughey

Venti Quattro
03-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Scarlett Johansson, thanks to Rogue

Koolaid_Man
03-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Tammy and his new "girlfriend" tbh....just both a horrible hetro actors :lol

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 09:12 PM
have to agree with DD about Robert DeNiro. his 70s through 80s run was incredible, just such great choices in scripts and acting choices. Then he just sold out once he got more involved with his Tribeca businesses. I don't blame him, he's just a different actor nowadays. I still heart King of Comedy. :depressed

from my own list:
Fassbender might be getting a little overplayed, but he's hitting paydirt with K-dirt and I don't blame him. Still a very good actor though. I really liked the Counselor for obvious reasons.
Jeremy Renner - yeah not a huge fan tbh.
Christian Bale - a good actor, I still think he overacts at times.
Ben Affleck - not looking forward to his Batman tbh.
Anne Hatheway -she'll be in Interstellar, and she doesn't do a lot for my cock or cinematic interests, but she's got some talent.

I can't hate on the McConnaissance because Interstellar is my most anticipated movie. Plus he took a break before this current wave so I imagine he won't overdo it.

i'll probably think of some more.

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Scarlett Johansson, thanks to Rogue

this

RD2191
03-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Not any actor, just sick of those retarded superhero movies. Spiderman and X-men were enough.

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 10:13 PM
Not any actor, just sick of those retarded superhero movies. Spiderman and X-men were enough.
that's Hollywood bro. soon as a movie is successful, they'll try to duplicate the formula a billion times until people are ready to puke. after Die Hard, there were so many "man trapped in X, must fight his way through Y number of baddies" scenarios. The remakes drive me the most crazy. I got free tickets to Robocop and still can't get motivated to go. shit, remaking Spiderman is all you need to know.

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2014, 10:14 PM
that's Hollywood bro. soon as a movie is successful, they'll try to duplicate the formula a billion times until people are ready to puke. after Die Hard, there were so many "man trapped in X, must fight his way through Y number of baddies" scenarios. The remakes drive me the most crazy. I got free tickets to Robocop and still can't get motivated to go. shit, remaking Spiderman is all you need to know.

its happening in other movie industries around the world also, they are basically running out of ideas

hehateme
03-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Scarlett Johansson, thanks to Rogue (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14710)

pretty much sums it up...at least we know who will be pulling the hole in the popcorn bucket trick on himself when the Avenger's comes out.

DD
03-20-2014, 10:17 PM

Damn...roberto and I agree on something.

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 10:17 PM
its happening in other movie industries around the world also, they are basically running out of ideas
yep. plus with the costs of movies, unions, overpaid actors, they're scared to do anything different or original.

DD
03-20-2014, 10:20 PM

I'll never be able to pull the trigger on the new Robocop...the 1987 one was too perfect to improve. As for your first part, I agree except some of that mold were good, like Under Siege...Erika Eleniak's boobies...mmmmmm:drool:

RD2191
03-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah, they're really milking that shit.:lol

RD2191
03-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Damn...roberto and I agree on something.

:lol

HI-FI
03-20-2014, 10:24 PM
I'll never be able to pull the trigger on the new Robocop...the 1987 one was too perfect to improve. As for your first part, I agree except some of that mold were good, like Under Siege...Erika Eleniak's boobies...mmmmmm:drool:
son, a million boners were launched from that scene. holy shit. Andrew Davis is/was underrated. And you're right, it's not wrong to duplicate the formula. Shit there is a formula to everything when you think about it. It's just not adding anything original or having a purpose to it. Under Siege was a celebration of Seagal, patriotism, tits and Busey/TLJ, that's a potent combo.
That's why I always love Shane Black stuff, he knows the rules and then adds or breaks stuff to make it his own. All his movies have basically the same formula, partners butting heads, great one-liners, Christmas etc....but I dig it everytime.

CitizenDwayne
03-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Agree with the superhero movies comment. Also:

- Seth Rogen/Michael Cera/Jonah Hill in comedies/Jay Baruchel/James Franco. I don't find them funny.
- Kevin Hart
- Kristen Stewart. Emotionless bitch. One of the worst actors I've ever seen in a wide-release film.
- Channing Tatum
- Matt Damon. Your years of relevance are over.
- Adam Sandler.
- Liam Neeson
- Kevin Costner. Seems to be trying to mount some sort of comeback. He bores me to tears

and the ultimate winner:

- Tyler Fucking Perry

mouse
03-20-2014, 10:27 PM
http://200billionscandal.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451da3169e20133ecf8b282970b-800wi

mouse
03-20-2014, 10:28 PM
and the ultimate winner:

- Tyler Fucking Perry

Sorry didn't read your reply until I replied.

Good to know I'm not alone.

Rogue
03-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Every time I watch Don Jon I want to slam the living hell out of this fucker's face, tbh.

Sybok
03-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Statham, Stiller, DeNiro, Travolta, Willis, Sly, Costner (cannot hear his voice without thinking about "Dances With Wolves" narrative), never liked Sandler. Not sick of Tyler Perry because I avoid him.

If you have Netflix, 50 cent movies are everywhere. I don't watch them.

DJR210
03-20-2014, 11:56 PM
Scarlett Johansson, thanks to Rogue (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14710)

CitizenDwayne
03-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Willis

Forgot him. Always found him to be overrated.

And yeah, not like I seek out Tyler Perry movies or anything. Just the fact that he is one of the most overexposed 'stars' in Hollywood today.

timtonymanu
03-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Kristen Wiig
Zooey Deschanel
Sandler and his SNL friends
Ken Jeong
Zack Galifiankis

Rogue
03-21-2014, 07:16 AM
agree, Bruce Willis is so insignificant in my opinion I didn't even think of him when talking about actors who're overrated, the only shining spot of him is his bald head imho.

Bill_Brasky
03-21-2014, 09:07 AM

I walked out of that boring as shit Avengers movie tbh.

And Robert Downey Jr needs to quit milking the iron man shit. Its getting sad at this point.

The Gemini Method
03-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Those silly Paranormal Activityesque type of movies...they're always coming out.

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 11:13 AM
I walked out of that boring as shit Avengers movie tbh.

And Robert Downey Jr needs to quit milking the iron man shit. Its getting sad at this point.

It becomes a festival in the third act shoulda waited

mrsmaalox
03-21-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm really tired of Russell Crowe.

leemajors
03-21-2014, 11:18 AM
It becomes a festival in the third act shoulda waited

yeah last time i pulled it up on the TV and the video file was half done. Enjoyed it a lot without the first hour.

monosylab1k
03-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Jennifer Lawrence easily. My god she's annoying as fuck. All her fake humility "oh myyyyy gaaaawwwwwwddddd I can't believe I won another award this is suuuuuuuuuch a shock!!!!!!!!!" and her pretending to be a klutz just to seem more down to earth. Listen to any interview and you can usually cut right through her bullshit and she she's just as arrogant and elitist as any other Hollywood celebrity.

Others I can't stand

Bradley Cooper
Shia LaDouche still, maybe now more than ever since it's become "ironic hipster" popular to like him
Olivia Wilde (not that hot)
Robert Downey Jr

Floyd Pacquiao
03-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Kevin Hart

CubanSucks
03-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Liam Neeson- only been good in Schindler's List and Batman Begins and I guess Kinsey and Taken were alright but he's held up to this legend status is seems. He's turning into a newer Sylvester Stallone. Starred in a classic early on (Schindler's List/Rocky) and now you can see him twice a summer in the same shit

Wes motherfucking Anderson- otherwise known as the white Tyler Perry. He truly sucks out loud

Seth Rogen needs to grow the fuck up and drop the pothead shit. People who are in favor of legalization need to realize faggots like him are the biggest hindrance. It gives people like Hannity and O'Reilly something to point at and say "SEE! You really want a country full of stoners!" And millions of retards eat that shit up without question

Kevin Hart is the most obvious choice atm

Matthew McCon... is my boy cause we both grew up in Longview

CubanSucks
03-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Those silly Paranormal Activityesque type of movies...they're always coming out.

the handheld/POV shit needs to go all together. Worked awesome in Saving Private Ryan (was that the first big movie to use it a lot?) but it's a fading style

Suspect
03-21-2014, 03:13 PM
supposedly Liam has been doing a lot of movies cause his wife passed away

Spur|n|Austin
03-21-2014, 03:36 PM

That's a fact. Careful around here though, there are quite a few marvel fanboys.

CitizenDwayne
03-21-2014, 05:53 PM

:cry I'm in a handful of shitty generic action movies every year because of my wife's passing.

Suspect
03-21-2014, 05:58 PM
:cry I'm in a handful of shitty generic action movies every year because of my wife's passing.
He keeps making movies to keep his mind off her death. Hard to make great movies when he keeps doing so many. Let the man live

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 06:05 PM

Everything he's in is his character from taken.

leemajors
03-21-2014, 06:07 PM

Not too different from Briar in Next of Kin tbh

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 06:09 PM
That phone conversion from taken was hard as shit though

Venti Quattro
03-21-2014, 06:43 PM
I like Statham but I'm sick of his movies now that I don't even watch them anymore because I know it's gonna be the same regurgitated shit. The Transporter was really cool though.

DD
03-21-2014, 06:47 PM
There's truth to Neeson just playing his Taken character over and over, but I was one of the handful of people that actually enjoyed The Grey:lol

CitizenDwayne
03-21-2014, 06:47 PM

Exactly

CitizenDwayne
03-21-2014, 06:50 PM
He keeps making movies to keep his mind off her death. Hard to make great movies when he keeps doing so many. Let the man live

I disagree. I understand working to cope with a tragedy, but I don't think that's a reasonable excuse for the low quality of his recent films.

There are plenty prolific actors that actually try to sign up for good movies. You can't convince me that he couldn't find better scripts than Unknown or Wrath of the Titans.

I guess what annoys me about him is that he's demonstrated that he's an incredibly talented actor, but instead chooses to waste his talent playing gravelly voiced bad-asses in nearly everything he's in these days.

Venti Quattro
03-21-2014, 06:51 PM
I understand where the Liam Neeson angle comes from but I thoroughly enjoy watching his movies. Between Taken 1 and 2 though, I'd pick the first one anytime

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 06:52 PM
I understand where the Liam Neeson angle comes from but I thoroughly enjoy watching his movies. Between Taken 1 and 2 though, I'd pick the first one anytime
I can't see anyone thinking taken 2 was better than the first

Venti Quattro
03-21-2014, 06:54 PM
I can't see anyone thinking taken 2 was better than the first

100%

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 06:56 PM
100%
They fucked up by having someone being taken again. Should have just kept it as an attempted revenge plot

Michael Jordan.
03-21-2014, 06:57 PM
There's truth to Neeson just playing his Taken character over and over, but I was one of the handful of people that actually enjoyed The Grey:lol
Yeah The Grey was damn good.

Venti Quattro
03-21-2014, 06:58 PM
They fucked up by having someone being taken again. Should have just kept it as an attempted revenge plot

They're not done yet (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2446042/) :rollin

CitizenDwayne
03-21-2014, 07:00 PM
^ Are you kidding me?

He was gonna leave it at Taken 2 but, due to the anguish over his wife's death, decided to extend it to a trilogy.

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 07:01 PM
They're not done yet (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2446042/) :rollin

Nobody is being taken in that one

DD
03-21-2014, 07:04 PM
^ Are you kidding me?

He was gonna leave it at Taken 2 but, due to the anguish over his wife's death, decided to extend it to a trilogy.

tbh I'd keep myself busy too if my wife got Sonny Bono'd

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Steve blum, dudes in everything. Livin the dream though

Venti Quattro
03-21-2014, 07:05 PM
Nobody is being taken in that one

My money's certainly not gonna be Taken by this movie, that's for sure...

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 07:07 PM
My money's certainly not gonna be Taken by this movie, that's for sure...

The second one made 360 mil on a 45 mil budget, 15 of which went to neeson. I mean damn

Michael Jordan.
03-21-2014, 07:09 PM
The first time I'd seen Shia LaBeouf I was instantly sick of him.

CitizenDwayne
03-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Wes motherfucking Anderson- otherwise known as the white Tyler Perry.

Do you really believe that? I'm no big fan of his, but that seems like a major exaggeration

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Speaking of andersons...Paul Anderson how is this the same guy that made mortal kombat

Venti Quattro
03-21-2014, 07:18 PM
The first time I'd seen Shia LaBeouf I was instantly sick of him.

Wonder why no one has answered Megan Fox. Omyfuckinggawd they were so fucking insufferable in Transformers

Venti Quattro
03-21-2014, 07:20 PM
The second one made 360 mil on a 45 mil budget, 15 of which went to neeson. I mean damn

All in all, the Taken franchise has made $600 million on a $60 million budget. That's a fucking steal for any movie, whether it's a fucking rip-off or a great movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the Taken franchise so no complaints.

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Wonder why no one has answered Megan Fox. Omyfuckinggawd they were so fucking insufferable in Transformers

She hasn't really been in anything since. She as in a COD commercial and that was like the first new thing I saw her in two years

Michael Jordan.
03-21-2014, 07:30 PM
She hasn't really been in anything since. She as in a COD commercial and that was like the first new thing I saw her in two years

Probably because she was fucking Michael Bay. She had 3 straight movies until she decided to fuck up.

Michael Jordan.
03-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Rosie in the 3rd one was just as bad, or even worse.

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Probably because she was fucking Michael Bay. She had 3 straight movies until she decided to fuck up.
Well she is in the new Ninja turtles

CubanSucks
03-21-2014, 08:01 PM

Oh yeah. Saw that on 60 Minutes

Do you really believe that? I'm no big fan of his, but that seems like a major exaggeration

Absolutely. His movies are shamelessly similar to the point of being self parody and they consist of zero substance. I get why some people enjoy them cause of the pretty visuals and corky music but they have the pulse of a dead person. If movies were roller coasters his would be the train that goes around the park. At least no one pretentiously considers Tyler Perry movies artsy

For me it's because both of them are out of the picture. I'm not sick of something that isn't around anymore

CitizenDwayne
03-21-2014, 08:14 PM
^ A middle-aged woman in a film class I took wrote a paper on Madea's Witness Protection. But yeah, I see your point

SnakeBoy
03-21-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm sick of Samuel Jackson playing Samuel Jackson.

Anne Hathaway gets on my nerves.

Penelope Cruz just needs to die.

SnakeBoy
03-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Not an actor/actress but I'm tired of Ridley Scott making shitty movies and still getting his cock sucked by critics just because he's Ridley Scott.

xmas1997
03-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Sean Penn
Richard Thomas
Cher
Halle Berry
Tim Robbins
Liam Neeson
Oprah Winfrey
Michael Douglas
David Caruso
Rosie O'Donald

monosylab1k
03-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Absolutely. His movies are shamelessly similar to the point of being self parody and they consist of zero substance. I get why some people enjoy them cause of the pretty visuals and corky music but they have the pulse of a dead person. If movies were roller coasters his would be the train that goes around the park. At least no one pretentiously considers Tyler Perry movies artsy

disliking Wes Anderson is fine. Disliking him for such a juvenile, unintelligent, inconsistent, and overall completely obtuse reason is hilarious. Talk about self-parody.

SnakeBoy
03-21-2014, 09:44 PM

The Grey wasn't very realistic, but still pretty damn good.

CubanSucks
03-21-2014, 10:43 PM
disliking Wes Anderson is fine. Disliking him for such a juvenile, unintelligent, inconsistent, and overall completely obtuse reason is hilarious. Talk about self-parody.

You need a few more adjectives.

monosylab1k
03-21-2014, 10:46 PM
You need a few more adjectives.

Does mongoloidish work?

CubanSucks
03-22-2014, 12:34 AM
Does mongoloidish work?

Don't ask me. You started this, tough guy.

monosylab1k
03-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Don't ask me. You started this, tough guy.

What the fuck does that even mean?

CubanSucks
03-22-2014, 03:22 AM
What the fuck does that even mean?

?

Bill_Brasky
03-22-2014, 09:06 AM

Has TP made anything even remotely close to Rushmore? Fuck outta here with that comparison.