PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Jeannie officially takes credit for The Begging/Rejection, The Contract, and The Tank

Clipper Nation
03-20-2014, 11:11 PM
LOS ANGELES -- Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) president and governor Jeanie Buss made it clear Thursday that the final say, the "final hammer" as Dr. Jerry Buss used to call it, lies with her now.

"I'm the boss," Jeanie Buss said in an hourlong interview on the "Mason and Ireland" show on ESPNLA 710 radio Thursday. "I am responsible ultimately for anything with the team and decisions that are made.

"In my position, I empower people that are in positions to do their jobs. [Executive vice president of player personnel] Jim Buss and [general manager] Mitch Kupchak are responsible for all basketball decisions. They are empowered to do that. My job is to make sure, as a boss, that I provide them the tools to do the job successfully. But it's up to them to make the day-to-day decisions on how they operate their area of the business."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10643617/jeanie-buss-says-boss-los-angeles-lakers-empower-others

Michael Jordan.
03-20-2014, 11:13 PM
And Lakerfan think she would do better than Fredo? She's a dumb broad on an ego trip, just like her brother.

lefty
03-20-2014, 11:14 PM
The Attention Whoring

lefty
03-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Oh and thank you Magic Johnson for putting those 2 clowns in this position

Killakobe81
03-20-2014, 11:37 PM
If they fail miserably ...
Someone else will step in eventually.
Our fans are neither patient nor forgiving ... I am a rare breed.
I know D'antoni sucks and Jimbo makes me nervous but a West/Riley combo was not fixing the current mess ...maybe they never let it get this bad ...but no one could fix this season.

Thebesteva
03-21-2014, 01:59 AM
OP, for a guy whose shtick is to say salty...you are one salty kid

Venti Quattro
03-21-2014, 02:05 AM
And Lakerfan think she would do better than Fredo?

Yes, absolutely. Jimbo has no idea what he's doing

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2014, 02:11 AM
Cn with the reading bads

Thread
03-21-2014, 02:35 AM
Though without her brother we're light a back-to-back.

spurraider21
03-21-2014, 02:41 AM
OP, for a guy whose shtick is to say salty...you are one salty kid
a lot of soy sauce in his diet imo. and i bet he uses the ones with the red caps, not the reduced sodium green ones

Thebesteva
03-21-2014, 02:44 AM
a lot of soy sauce in his diet imo. and i bet he uses the ones with the red caps, not the reduced sodium green ones

INB4

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x232/Dbrownick/fonme.jpg

TE
03-21-2014, 02:53 AM
tbh I have a slight hunch he's timvp or some close friend...nigga be anti-Lakering every fucking thread like they ruined his life imo

Thebesteva
03-21-2014, 03:06 AM
tbh I have a slight hunch he's timvp or some close friend...nigga be anti-Lakering every fucking thread like they ruined his life imo

Legend has it he was the bell boy that night in Eagle Colorado

elmanutres
03-21-2014, 03:18 AM
But has she addressed the curse?

ambchang
03-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Taking one for her brother. Good for her.

So.... Melo to the lakers?

AaronY
03-21-2014, 01:29 PM
If they fail miserably ...
Someone else will step in eventually.
Our fans are neither patient nor forgiving ... I am a rare breed.
I know D'antoni sucks and Jimbo makes me nervous but a West/Riley combo was not fixing the current mess ...maybe they never let it get this bad ...but no one could fix this season.
What does the fan's patience have to do with anything? They own the team there's nothing anybody can do about it

Sybok
03-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Supposedly she turned over control of team decisions to Baby Buss, else there'd be a conflict of interest since she's now engaged to Phil Jackson who's the president for the Knicks.