PDA

View Full Version : Duncan argument with Crawford (Lakers game)

playbonner15
03-21-2014, 05:32 AM
So a friend who was at the game told me that on one play, Kendall Marshall goes in for a drive then Tim gets called for a foul. Tim apologizes to Marshall and asks him if he got hit. And Marshall tells him not even close. Then suddenly Crawford walks close to Marshall and whispers something to him. Then Tim yells at Crawford 'What the hell is your problem!' or something (friend was eating and he can't hear too much when he's chewing). :wow My friend is a Lakers fan but he believes Crawford still has an agenda against Tim. And we're on the same page that Crawford shouldn't be officiating in Spurs games.

Couldn't verify though coz I didnt watch the game. So here's a video of Cawford trying to eject the mop boy :lmao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIsuoZlStw4

TampaDude
03-21-2014, 06:00 AM
Well, if he does have an agenda against Tim, I wouldn't be surprised. 2007. 'nuff said.

exstatic
03-21-2014, 06:59 AM
So a friend who was at the game told me that on one play, Kendall Marshall goes in for a drive then Tim gets called for a foul. Tim apologizes to Marshall and asks him if he got hit. And Marshall tells him not even close. Then suddenly Crawford walks close to Marshall and whispers something to him. Then Tim yells at Crawford 'What the hell is your problem!' or something (friend was eating and he can't hear too much when he's chewing). :wow My friend is a Lakers fan but he believes Crawford still has an agenda against Tim. And we're on the same page that Crawford shouldn't be officiating in Spurs games.

Couldn't verify though coz I didnt watch the game. So here's a video of Cawford trying to eject the mop boy :lmao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIsuoZlStw4

I saw something go down on the telecast, but it was pretty quick. I was surprised. Joey was the only ref in the area, but Tim has pretty much acted as if he didn't exist for 7 years.

That video is just sad. It's a shame that after everything that went down with Nellie, and Tim, and others, he still has that hair trigger volcanic temper just waiting to get loose. Grow up, Joey. No one pays to see you ref like a blind man or throw people out.

MVPCues
03-21-2014, 07:12 AM
I despise Crawford (any self respecting Spurs fan really has no choice in that matter :nope ), but that ball boy showed no hustle. Then, has he nonchalantly walked away, he let the mop slide across the court after he just used it to try and wipe up beer.

exstatic
03-21-2014, 07:19 AM
I despise Crawford (any self respecting Spurs fan really has no choice in that matter :nope ), but that ball boy showed no hustle. Then, has he nonchalantly walked away, he let the mop slide across the court after he just used it to try and wipe up beer.

I was imagining that kid was Dolan's son, and he was sparkin' some honeys, court side, and was like "Yeah, Daddy Warbucks...I'll be there in a minute". :lol

Horse
03-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Not that the lakers don't deserve a little help as bad as they are, But it seemed for a period in the 2nd half we couldnt get a call. Concerns me cause against a team like okc if fouls are not being called, turnovers become points real quick.

KaiRMD1
03-21-2014, 12:39 PM
O'l sport is still a referee? Anyone can tell he's simply making the games about himself

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
While Joey will continue to be reviled for Game 6 at OKC in 2012 (though I maintain that Bill Kennedy and Rodney Mott were at least equally bad in creating that debacle), the truth is that the Spurs have had a lot of recent playoff successes -- even on the road -- in games Joey has called. They put away the Clippers in Game 4 at Staples in 2012 and won Game 1 at home against OKC with Joey on the floor. Last year, they closed out the Warriors in Oakland and made that huge comeback in Game 3 at Memphis with Joey as the lead official. The Spurs did lose both Finals games that Joey called, but I don't think I've heard anyone question the officiating in either Game 2 or Game 6 of that series (and, obviously, the issues at the end of Game 6 had nothing at all to do with officiating).

Joey's gonna be Joey and he's going to be confrontational and edgy for as long as he's in the game. But he's a legendary official and when he just worries about calling balls and strikes, he's among the elite gamecallers going at this point. Ultimately, if you're going to win a title, you're going to have to win games that Joey officiates, no matter his shenanigans.

mclinejr
03-21-2014, 01:06 PM
I agree with ^^ However, Crawford should have never been allowed to officiate a Spurs game after he ejected Duncan.

T Park
03-21-2014, 01:16 PM
It's a shame because he's still a good ref. very good when calm.

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2014, 01:35 PM
I agree with ^^ However, Crawford should have never been allowed to officiate a Spurs game after he ejected Duncan.

That's not feasible, unless you think the league should either: (1) determine which referees are the best and are qualified to officiate the late rounds of the playoffs based upon which teams advance and not on the league's assessments of the officials themselves; or (2) that the best officials shouldn't work the late rounds of the playoffs.

Arcadian
03-21-2014, 03:25 PM
:lol What a tool...They should've fired his ass after the "ejected for laughing" incident.

UZER
03-21-2014, 05:04 PM
That's not feasible, unless you think the league should either: (1) determine which referees are the best and are qualified to officiate the late rounds of the playoffs based upon which teams advance and not on the league's assessments of the officials themselves; or (2) that the best officials shouldn't work the late rounds of the playoffs.

Exactly. You let Joey not ref the spurs based on history with Tim, other teams will immediately try to pull the " doesn't like us" card and now would now have precedent.

Phenomanul
03-21-2014, 05:24 PM
While Joey will continue to be reviled for Game 6 at OKC in 2012 (though I maintain that Bill Kennedy and Rodney Mott were at least equally bad in creating that debacle), the truth is that the Spurs have had a lot of recent playoff successes -- even on the road -- in games Joey has called. They put away the Clippers in Game 4 at Staples in 2012 and won Game 1 at home against OKC with Joey on the floor. Last year, they closed out the Warriors in Oakland and made that huge comeback in Game 3 at Memphis with Joey as the lead official. The Spurs did lose both Finals games that Joey called, but I don't think I've heard anyone question the officiating in either Game 2 or Game 6 of that series (and, obviously, the issues at the end of Game 6 had nothing at all to do with officiating).

Joey's gonna be Joey and he's going to be confrontational and edgy for as long as he's in the game. But he's a legendary official and when he just worries about calling balls and strikes, he's among the elite gamecallers going at this point. Ultimately, if you're going to win a title, you're going to have to win games that Joey officiates, no matter his shenanigans.

That's not completely true... Pop went atomic at the end of regulation in Game 6 because Joey stopped the Spurs from inbounding the ball (after Allen's game-tying 3-pointer) and catching Miami off-guard (as they were still celebrating Ray's basket). Kawhi had a lead and Manu was about to inbound but Joey called for a review of Allen's 3 pointer (to ensure it was behind the stripe) but Ray was several inches behind the stripe and it was never up for questioning. You can read Pop's lips berating Joey with "You can't do that, you can't do that...". HE WAS UPSET. The next play Miami had a set defense.

Prime Time
03-21-2014, 06:48 PM
That's not completely true... Pop went atomic at the end of regulation in Game 6 because Joey stopped the Spurs from inbounding the ball (after Allen's game-tying 3-pointer) and catching Miami off-guard (as they were still celebrating Ray's basket). Kawhi had a lead and Manu was about to inbound but Joey called for a review of Allen's 3 pointer (to ensure it was behind the stripe) but Ray was several inches behind the stripe and it was never up for questioning. You can read Pop's lips berating Joey with "You can't do that, you can't do that...". HE WAS UPSET. The next play Miami had a set defense.
Damn, didn't know this but it would have been funny as hell if the Spurs got an open dunk while everyone was hugging Ray. Sports blooper to the max.

freetiago
03-21-2014, 07:50 PM
People forget the overtime of Game 6 tbh...
Spurs could have easily put the game away

Us9uVuW2yQc

even the most notorious ref apologists like Breen agree its a foul

heyheymymy
03-21-2014, 07:51 PM
fuck joey

therealtruth
03-21-2014, 08:22 PM

Us9uVuW2yQc

With how bad Manu was playing he didn't deserve to be bailed out.

phxspurfan
03-21-2014, 08:53 PM

Us9uVuW2yQc

With the way Manu was playing (out of control and turning the ball over left and right) in that series, I didn't even think that would have been called a foul when it happened. Manu flat out sucked and when you suck, you don't get calls.

RD2191
03-21-2014, 08:59 PM
With the way Manu was playing (out of control and turning the ball over left and right) in that series, I didn't even think that would have been called a foul when it happened. Manu flat out sucked and when you suck, you don't get calls.
Unless you're Lebron/Kobe/Durant

james evans
03-22-2014, 07:28 PM

Us9uVuW2yQc

he had just taken 4 steps that wasn't called. so he's lucky he wasn't called for a travel.