PDA

View Full Version : OT: Was it a foul?

Thebesteva
03-22-2014, 04:49 AM
Ever since this happened recently I have been wondering, would you guys say this was a foul?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 04:53 AM
what do u think?

Thebesteva
03-22-2014, 05:09 AM
what do u think?

It is important to let go of the things that occured in the past

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 05:27 AM
It is important to let go of the things that occured in the past
:cry never forget
:cry 1915
:cry 6

Thread
03-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

irishock
03-22-2014, 07:13 AM

Tim Duncan has been a pussy and an asshole after each of his 3021 fouls over his career

Thread
03-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Tim Duncan has been a pussy and an asshole after each of his 3021 fouls over his career

Shocky

Seventyniner
03-22-2014, 09:03 AM
The league itself issued a statement after the game saying it was a foul and that the refs got it wrong. That's good enough for me.

Thebesteva
03-22-2014, 11:57 AM
The league itself issued a statement after the game saying it was a foul and that the refs got it wrong. That's good enough for me.

Lakers won that series in 5

03-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Might have been in 6 if that foul gets called. Oh well.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Pussies & assholes also rely on the officiating.

Ipso facto:::your Kirby is a pussy & asshole.

Seventyniner
03-22-2014, 12:30 PM

Right. I was just answering the question in the thread title. I never said the Spurs would have won the series. It takes a lot more than one call (or even one game) to otherwise win a series that you lost in 5.

Sybok
03-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Barry initiated the contact. Would it be called if it was James Harden initiating the contact against some 6ers PG in the RS? Probably. Is it a foul? No. Even if it was, it would have been on the floor. Not sure what the bonus was.

Barry should have taken the shot, not relied on the refs to bail him out.

Sybok
03-22-2014, 01:08 PM

That's useless.

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 01:57 PM
That's useless.
True, but the thread is also asking a useless question, so that answer should actualy suffice IMO

Kidd K
03-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Barry initiated the contact. Would it be called if it was James Harden initiating the contact against some 6ers PG in the RS? Probably. Is it a foul? No. Even if it was, it would have been on the floor. Not sure what the bonus was.

Barry should have taken the shot, not relied on the refs to bail him out.

Barry did not initiate the contact, Fisher flew into his airspace. The guy clearly did not jump straight up, he jumped towards him and in front of his dribble path more than he jumped upward after he got pump faked into a shot block attempt.

Barry did the exact opposite of letting the refs bail him out. By trying to take that shot, he would've NEEDED the refs to bail him out because there's no way he could've made it with Fisher crashing into him uncalled. Barry instead moved to the side to get a cleaner look then jacked up a shot he had a better chance of making.

Your point is counterintuitive.

LakerHater
03-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Dont matter, its in the past, done & over with!

Sybok
03-22-2014, 05:27 PM
True, but the thread is also asking a useless question, so that answer should actualy suffice IMO

It doesn't. Since the foul wasn't called, it wasn't a foul. It doesn't matter what the league says after the fact. If the play didn't result in a foul, it wasn't a foul. Perhaps it should have been called a foul, but it wasn't. That means it wasn't a foul. A basket that's not counted isn't a basket. Manu missed a shot and it was counted as a make last night because of basket interference, but it's now a made basket, not a missed basket.

lefty
03-22-2014, 05:34 PM
meh

Spurs benefited from a bad call right before that

non issue

Thebesteva
03-22-2014, 05:39 PM
:cry never forget
:cry 1915
:cry 6

So sad you're Armenian and mocking the genocide. Jews wouldnt do that

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 05:49 PM
So sad you're Armenian and mocking the genocide. Jews wouldnt do that
what's sadder is a persian armenian pretending he isn't armenian.

also good, the less i have in common with jews, the better. notice how nobody likes jews except jews themselves?

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 05:50 PM
It doesn't. Since the foul wasn't called, it wasn't a foul. It doesn't matter what the league says after the fact. If the play didn't result in a foul, it wasn't a foul. Perhaps it should have been called a foul, but it wasn't. That means it wasn't a foul. A basket that's not counted isn't a basket. Manu missed a shot and it was counted as a make last night because of basket interference, but it's now a made basket, not a missed basket.
I see your point, though I'm fairly certain OP meant "should it have been called a foul" in which case the league announcement is relevant

Sybok
03-22-2014, 06:00 PM
I see your point, though I'm fairly certain OP meant "should it have been called a foul" in which case the league announcement is relevant
Well then we should review everyone's post and discern intent instead of what they actually said.

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Well then we should review everyone's post and discern intent instead of what they actually said.
that, or we should continue to give hyperbolic responses to people's comments

Sybok
03-22-2014, 06:03 PM
that, or we should continue to give hyperbolic responses to people's comments
When dealing with a Philo, it's important that you remain technically correct.

spurraider21
03-22-2014, 06:24 PM
When dealing with a Philo, it's important that you remain technically correct.
considering i'm the one you call Philo, and considering that i've always told you i couldn't care less about semantics, something doesn't quite add up with your theory