PDA

View Full Version : Was Doctor Kevorkian right, or wrong?

xmas1997
03-22-2014, 08:07 AM
....... for ending so many lives.

Woo Bum-kon
03-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Wrong. Those people had bright futures ahead of them, and he snuffed them out.

xmas1997
03-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Wrong. Those people had bright futures ahead of them, and he snuffed them out.

Either you're being sarcastic, or you didn't know they felt they were dying and/or their quality of life was terrible and at an end anyway.
I am not advocating on the "right" side of this issue, but at least I was aware of most of those situations.
And no offense meant by criticizing your opinion.
If I had to state my opinion then I would agree with 2120, "both".

mrsmaalox
03-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Dr. Kevorkian didn't end so many lives. He provided an effective means for terminally ill persons to take their own lives. Which is the same service provided to suicidal people every day by pharmaceutical companies, gun, knife, and rope companies, belt manufacturers, auto makers, etc. every day. He was convicted of second degree homicide in the ONE case in which he actually administered the death inducing narcotic.

Sybok
03-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Whatever he was, he was because it was in him to be that, unlike most of the soft ass cowards here who hide behind user names and I KNOW WHO YOU ARE FAGGOTS!!!.

xmas1997
03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Dr. Kevorkian didn't end so many lives. He provided an effective means for terminally ill persons to take their own lives. Which is the same service provided to suicidal people every day by pharmaceutical companies, gun, knife, and rope companies, belt manufacturers, auto makers, etc. every day. He was convicted of second degree homicide in the ONE case in which he actually administered the death inducing narcotic.

Very astute observation IMHO.
You keep surprising me with your insights lately.
What's up with that?

Katherine Robinson
03-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Eichmann was right, Kevorkian was just helping people who wanted to die.

xmas1997
03-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Eichmann was right, Kevorkian was just helping people who wanted to die.

You have to wonder, did he ever try to dissuade them? Surely he must have.

Katherine Robinson
03-22-2014, 12:37 PM
You have to wonder, did he ever try to dissuade them? Surely he must have.

Ending life was either out of compassion and a sense of obligation, or he had some twisted pleasure in ending life. Seeing how he had defended his platform, I believe the former is correct and he likely attempted to get his patients to find peace through non-lethal methods.

xmas1997
03-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Ending life was either out of compassion and a sense of obligation, or he had some twisted pleasure in ending life. Seeing how he had defended his platform, I believe the former is correct and he likely attempted to get his patients to find peace through non-lethal methods.

Astute observation IMHO.

CubanSucks
03-22-2014, 03:03 PM
He didn't do anything against other's will. He aight in my book. That's my astute observation

leemajors
03-22-2014, 03:13 PM

:tu