PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: But PaUl GeORGe is dA SuepErstaz in dis leaGue GUYS

sook
03-22-2014, 09:47 PM
:lmao

Gummi Clutch
03-22-2014, 09:53 PM
he's playing like a damn scrub tbh. Horrid stat line almost every game since late December and ESPN still jizzes for him. I would take Kiwi over him also, tbh

Leetonidas
03-22-2014, 09:58 PM
:lol people saying he's on Lebron/KD's tier or better than Melo

Gummi Clutch
03-22-2014, 10:09 PM
:lol people saying he's on Lebron/KD's tier or better than Melo
:lol Retarded knee jerk fans. Here is a guy that is struggling to score at least 10 points now :lol

AussieFanKurt
03-22-2014, 10:34 PM
what is with NBA fans and jumping on a dude who has a good month or two

Killakobe81
03-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Said superstar talk was premature

Clipper Nation
03-22-2014, 11:55 PM
I'll admit it, I was one of the knee-jerkers about Paul George.... clearly, the hype was too soon, but he's also still capable of far better play than he's been displaying recently...

KaiRMD1
03-23-2014, 12:10 AM
To be quite honest, it seems now players are peaking too early as evidenced by this ol' sport

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2014, 12:12 AM
just as bad as paying some clown a max contract to sit at home for 2 seasons now, or that other clown 48m to sit at home do nothin

Gummi Clutch
03-23-2014, 12:18 AM
I'll admit it, I was one of the knee-jerkers about Paul George.... clearly, the hype was too soon, but he's also still capable of far better play than he's been displaying recently...
You were one of the guys that put him in Durant and Lebron convo ? :lmao

I wish I could find the thread where all those cawksuckers were saying stupid shit like that. Every single one of those posters should be ashamed of themselves.

apalisoc_9
03-23-2014, 12:19 AM
He's overrated as fuck..

That said, he's still an all-star and a top 15 player in the league.

Gummi Clutch
03-23-2014, 12:23 AM
He's overrated as fuck..

That said, he's still an all-star and a top 15 player in the league.
He had 2 good months, so he's top 20, not sure I can put him in top 15. Also, I know this is probably not true for a season, but this past month Kiwi> Paulina Jorje

Clipper Nation
03-23-2014, 12:23 AM
You were one of the guys that put him in Durant and Lebron convo ? :lmao

I wish I could find the thread where all those cawksuckers were saying stupid shit like that. Every single one of those posters should be ashamed of themselves.
Not my best take for sure, but the big difference was that he was actually driving to the hoop back then.... he's since read his press clippings too much and has turned into a complete chucker on offense and always looking for bailout foodstamps from the refs....

I'm still a PG fan but he needs to get it together, tbh....

Gummi Clutch
03-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Not my best take for sure, but the big difference was that he was actually driving to the hoop back then.... he's since read his press clippings too much and has turned into a complete chucker on offense and always looking for bailout foodstamps from the refs....

I'm still a PG fan but he needs to get it together, tbh....
He's not an excellent finisher at the basket, Lebron is the only dude in the league that can get to the hoop just about anytime he wants. George was just shooting flukily well from 3. He's shooting just 43% from the field and 35% from 3 now. The EC teams get to play really shitty teams during the NBA season which leads to inflated NBA stats. Combine that with the fact that the Pacers play good team defense and are offensively challenged... and it makes it even easier.

He is a 2 way player for sure, but he doesn't have close to the offensive skill set needed to be a great player yet. Better offense is always better than better defense, otherwise you would value guys like Tony Allen more than Stephen Curry.

Clipper Nation
03-23-2014, 12:31 AM
He's not an excellent finisher at the basket, Lebron is the only dude in the league that can get to the hoop just about anytime he wants. George was just shooting flukily well from 3. He's shooting just 43% from the field and 35% from 3 now. The EC teams get to play really shitty teams during the NBA season which leads to inflated NBA stats. Combine that with the fact that the Pacers play good team defense and are offensively challenged... and it makes it even easier.

He is a 2 way player for sure, but he doesn't have close to the offensive skill set needed to be a great player yet. Better offense is always better than better defense, otherwise you would value guys like Tony Allen more than Stephen Curry.
His start to the season was fluky, but so is this recent stretch of poor play, he's only shooting 32% over the last ten games and I'd expect that to improve, tbh....

sook
03-23-2014, 12:39 AM
Tbh, at the beginning of the season when Harden was playing lazy, his putrid defense became a harder problem to ignore and I thought it was close...but Harden is head and shoulders the better player. He's going to be the player of the month, but just over the last 3 games (with Dwert out during this period also...) Harden has had crazy numbers, scoring over 30 while only playing the first 3 quarters in each game. Tonight he had 37 points and 12 assists on 15 shots. While I would love for Harden to be a great defender, I really do see the value of better offense over my shortsighted view earlier. George is having games where he still can't score in double figures despite the fact that his team is offensively challenged. That can't happen. It this keeps up, Miami will sweep their asses.

Sybok
03-23-2014, 12:44 AM
This nay saying is just the same as all the hoopla. It's based on a small sample size. Let's let the cards fall and then read the hands.

sook
03-23-2014, 12:48 AM
This nay saying is just the same as all the hoopla. It's based on a small sample size. Let's let the cards fall and then read the hands.
Actually, its not. He has played putrid for the last 2/3s of the season while only playing good over the fist 1/3. The excuse initially was the baby mama drama but this has gone on way too long.

I see your point though. He wasn't close to as good of a player as people jizzing would lead you to believe, but he isn't as bad as he is showing either. Bottom to mid tier all star is where I would put him.