PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin says Marco Belinelli helped Kobe Bryant out in Italy

JohnnyMax
03-23-2014, 05:18 AM
Griffin spoke to the Los Angeles Daily News about Bryant’s non-stop work ethic and in particular, a story involving San Antonio Spurs guard Marco Belinelli.

“One I heard, one time I guess he was in Italy and called Marco Belinelli (of the Spurs) at like 1, 2 o’clock in the morning and asked him if he had a gym for him, and so Marco found him one and he went there to shoot with him.
“And he (Belinelli) was like, ‘I thought we were going to just get some shots up, but we had like a full workout.’

link (http://projectspurs.com/2014-articles/clippers-griffin-spurs-belinelli-once-worked-out-with-kobe-bryant-in-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning.html)

TheChillFactor
03-23-2014, 10:10 AM
You always hear these stories of this dude working out all night or whatever. Maybe if he would chill a little his ACL wouldn't have snapped. But people just kiss his ass for his great "work ethic". lol

DesignatedT
03-23-2014, 10:16 AM
You always hear these stories of this dude working out all night or whatever. Maybe if he would chill a little his ACL wouldn't have snapped. But people just kiss his ass for his great "work ethic". lol

:lol

Prime Time
03-23-2014, 10:36 AM
To be fair, Kobe is already 35. I wouldn't say the reason why his ACL tore was because 'he trained too much.' He's old as dirt. Not everyone can handle age as well as Tim Duncan, just look at Kevin Garnett/Paul Pierce.

But yeah, players working on their game all night isn't exactly surprising. I remember everyone praising Gilbert Arenas about that, his prime lasted a whole.. What, 3 years?

And KOBE BRYANT trains harder than MARCO BELINELLI? Who would have fuckin' knew :lol

dunkman
03-23-2014, 10:54 AM
2 am? That's the time one sleeps, not go workout.

Clipper Nation
03-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Dat Dude carried KirbyPERIOD :lol

SpurSwag
03-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Come on guys don't hate on Kobe for this, that's a pretty cool story tbh. It's cool that he'd reach out to Marco of all people wanting to work out intensely that late. His passion for the game is undeniable, i don't understand how people try to spin that shit, but great work ethic and passion doesn't mean he isn't an incredibly streaky, high volume, low percentage chucker a good amount of the time.

TheGoldStandard
03-23-2014, 12:35 PM
I bet Jason Collins has a few stories like this too.

DMX7
03-23-2014, 12:59 PM

wait a second....

SupremeGuy
03-23-2014, 01:16 PM
I bet Jason Collins has a few stories like this too.:lmao

stephen jackson
03-23-2014, 01:45 PM
isnt 2 in the morning there like afternoon our time....

Juggity
03-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Come on guys don't hate on Kobe for this, that's a pretty cool story tbh. It's cool that he'd reach out to Marco of all people wanting to work out intensely that late. His passion for the game is undeniable, i don't understand how people try to spin that shit, but great work ethic and passion doesn't mean he isn't an incredibly streaky, high volume, low percentage chucker a good amount of the time.

Incredible that he could have such a great work ethic and drive and still be one of the lowest-IQ NBA stars of all time. When most people work hard at something they learn how to be better at it. When Kobe works hard at something, he just becomes more set in his ways and more convinced of his invincibility.

Clipper Nation
03-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Incredible that he could have such a great work ethic and drive and still be one of the lowest-IQ NBA stars of all time. When most people work hard at something they learn how to be better at it. When Kobe works hard at something, he just becomes more set in his ways and more convinced of his invincibility.

Kirby's hyped-up work ethic is just a component of his fake-ass "competitor/warrior/alpha" persona, tbh....

The funny thing is, Blake himself has a renowned work ethic, but unlike Kirby, he doesn't feel the need to make a huge spectacle out of it and essentially scream "LOOK AT ME! I'M WORKING HARD!"

SpurSwag
03-23-2014, 05:01 PM

Although, you could make the argument that his countless hours of practice allowed him to play his ridiculously inefficient, low IQ game at a high enough level to actually be an NBA superstar and unarguably a top 15 player of all time. Few players ever have had the ability to hit the shots he hits on a consistent basis, pretty ridiculous that he has been able to remain so effective without his athleticism shooting those contested, off balance jumpers

ducks
03-23-2014, 06:19 PM
kobe has a great work ethic
dude wants to win

007nites
03-23-2014, 10:13 PM

:lol

lefty
03-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Kobe works on his offensive game because he is trying too hard to be like Mike

He is just jacking up all kind of shots in practice, (basically what he does in actual games)

He doesnt work to win, or to get better overall to help his team out

His D could use a little work in practice

lol "kobe haz a great work work ethic, dude just wantz to win , you guyz are mean :cry "

and also lol at " wow NOW I like Kobe cuz he works out with a Spur; mad rezpect :cry so fuckn nice :cry "

ducks
03-23-2014, 11:01 PM
have you seen him practice?

raybies
03-24-2014, 12:20 AM
"we talking bout practice. not a game, but practice."

Blue Duck
03-24-2014, 10:29 AM
You guys are all debating Kobe's work ethic and that's all well and good, but the issue for me is that i find this incredibly inconsiderate. If i were in his spot, hypothetical ly speaking, of course, i don't think i would drag a colleague/ acquaintance out of bed in the middle of the night just to meet my needs or wants. I mean do some freakin pushups in front of the tv or go jog or something then text the dude in the morning. I'm not bashing the guy, i just find that a bit presumptuous on his part.

jacuza20
03-24-2014, 10:47 PM
You guys are all debating Kobe's work ethic and that's all well and good, but the issue for me is that i find this incredibly inconsiderate. If i were in his spot, hypothetical ly speaking, of course, i don't think i would drag a colleague/ acquaintance out of bed in the middle of the night just to meet my needs or wants. I mean do some freakin pushups in front of the tv or go jog or something then text the dude in the morning. I'm not bashing the guy, i just find that a bit presumptuous on his part.

Who cares? You weren't there, so it would be hard for you to be a judge about anything in this situation. If belinelli really cared about being "woken up", he would've not answered back. Give props where its due. Kobe Bryant has amazing work ethic and perseverance no matter his playstyle.

Blue Duck
03-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Im not debating his work ethic at all, and i'm not debating whether or not Marco minded getting the call. I'm just saying it's something I wouldn't do, that's all. Look, I've done allot of favors for my friends, and I've never minded, but calling a guy up in the middle of the night for a workout??? Is that really urgent? Is that something that really can't wait? And no, I wasn't there, all I have to go on are the details as relayed by Griffin, and according to his account, Kobe calls Marco at 2:00 am, says, "find me a gym", Marco obliges the request. Seems a bit forward from what I gather. Again, it makes no difference whether or not Marco minded, the fact that he's an easy going guy doesn't diminish the presumptuous nature of this late night request for something so non-critical. Its not like it was an emergency, that's all I'm saying. I'm not bashing the great "black mamba", relax. But.......as the story was relayed, that's rude behavior.

Stand
03-25-2014, 07:04 PM
You only make yourself sound like a tard when you try and paint Kobe as some sort of scrub/taller version of AI. The guy is one of the best to ever play the game and his will to win is undeniable. Of course he could use some work as a teammate and a leader, but then again he's got a crap ton of rings...