PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe: " I want to win next season as opposed to two years from now"

Michael Jordan.
03-24-2014, 10:16 AM
"Jimmy [executive vice president of player personnel Jim Buss] and I actually talked after that and it's important for us to have that conversation because this is their team, it's been in their family for years and we all know what the track record is for that, but I've also been part of this franchise since I was 17 years old," Bryant told Rovell. "I feel like I bleed purple and gold and I want to see this franchise be successful

"This organization is just not going to go [down]," Bryant said. "It's not going to take a nose dive. But I think we need to accelerate it a little bit for selfish reasons, because I want to win and I want to win next season. So, it's kind of getting them going now as opposed to two years from now."

Despite already airing his concerns about what direction the Lakers might be heading, Bryant said his faith is as strong as ever in the Lakers' ability to bounce back to contender status.

"Extremely confident," Bryant said. "That was one of my concerns [when he re-signed] and they assured me, 'This is fair for you for everything you've done for the franchise and will continue to do while being able to construct a team that is going to contend for a championship here over the next couple of years.'"

Bryant also responded to Dallas Mavericks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks) owner Mark Cuban's assertion that "I don't know if the Lakers will ever be the Lakers," because of the absence of longtime owner Dr. Jerry Buss, who died last year.

"It will be different," Bryant said. "You can't lead the way [Dr. Buss] did. Because Jeanie is different. Jimmy, who is running basketball operations, is different.

"So they have to find their rhythm and get in sync with each other and figure out exactly what their leadership style is going to be. It's nearly impossible to try to separate basketball operations from the business standpoint so you got to kind of get in sync that with that and have one voice that is leading that charge. But once that happens, the idea might take shape. But you can't look at what Dr. Buss did and say, 'I'm going to try replicate that,' and be exactly what he was. That's just not going to happen."

I don't want to hear the comments of dissension between Jim and [Lakers president] Jeanie [Buss]. We need to figure this thing out. We're all moving in the same direction."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10664481/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-met-team-front-office-faith-la-return-contender-status

Clipper Nation
03-24-2014, 10:18 AM
48.5 & The Quit, but still making demands and ultimatums.... Kirby is just unreal :lol

Joseph Kony
03-24-2014, 10:20 AM
:cry I want to contend next year but I won't take a paycut :cry

faggot :lol

Prime Time
03-24-2014, 10:21 AM
I want to win the lottery in 2015 as opposed to a couple of years from now.

Bill_Brasky
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Who cares what some done ass scrub has to say.

ElNono
03-24-2014, 10:33 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/21376_574130362638253_140756782_n.jpg

Clipper Nation
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM
If Kirby wants to win, he needs to shut up and play like that true warrior MVPau instead of quitting & chickenshitting :lol

kobe4life
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM
This is awesome because I know God is gearing up for a championship run next year. When God knows how to get talent to come to the Lakers. I have faith in God that he will find a way to get somebody big to come to the lakers and also he will lead the Lakers to two more titles. Lakers are going to be 2015 and 2016 Champs.

Michael Jordan.
03-24-2014, 10:38 AM
If Kirby wants to win, he needs to shut up and play like that true warrior MVPau instead of quitting & chickenshitting :lol

Fredo is weak and stupid. Kobe will force him into trading more picks.

Richie
03-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Lakers will be a lottery team again next year

Michael Jordan.
03-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Naw, they'll make some dumb signings that will net them the 8th seed.

Clipper Nation
03-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Don't they have to give their pick away next year as part of the Nash trade?

:lmao Lottery team without a pick
:lmao Fredo

Clipper Nation
03-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Naw, they'll make some dumb signings that will net them the 9th seed.
fify

MultiTroll
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM
:cry I want to contend next year but I won't take a paycut :cry

faggot :lol
"You just can't get the same scams like Kwame for MVPau along with the most corrupt rigged reffing ever. That's just not going to happen again. We need to figure out a new scam and go with it. Me? I'm all about me and just want the all time points scored record. *&^ck anymore rigged titles."

scanry
03-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Naw, they'll make some dumb signings that will net them the 8th seed.

Don't see them making the playoffs tbh.

baseline bum
03-24-2014, 12:02 PM
So who are they going to sign this summer to win them the title? Greg Monroe?

UZER
03-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Kobe pick out the box spring, mattress, sheets, pillows, put the bill on someone else, and now doesn't want to sleep in that bed.

ambchang
03-24-2014, 12:57 PM
He already won, he got that contract.

Beat the entire Lakers franchise. The only Laker to ever do so.

da_suns_fan
03-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Im wondering if Kobe has EVER done an interview where he didnt come off as a complete tool.

da_suns_fan
03-24-2014, 01:35 PM
He already won, he got that contract.

Beat the entire Lakers franchise. The only Laker to ever do so.

He can thank Dwight for that.

No doubt Howards departure greatly influenced the decision to over-pay Bryant.

Banzai
03-24-2014, 02:11 PM
next season...probably just as worse as this season..and 2 years from now? He doesn't have much left in the tank tbh...even though he doesn't want to admit it. He's not who he was back in 07-10

jimbo
03-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Honestly, I've tried really hard to believe that Kobe isn't retarded...but it doesn't help when he says shit like this.

Has no reporter just flat out asked him if he's looked at the numbers and actually came to the conclusion that the Lakers can be competitive with his contract? That kinda shit would get you blacklisted w/ press pass revoked, but still.

baseline bum
03-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Honestly, I've tried really hard to believe that Kobe isn't retarded...but it doesn't help when he says shit like this.

Has no reporter just flat out asked him if he's looked at the numbers and actually came to the conclusion that the Lakers can be competitive with his contract? That kinda shit would get you blacklisted w/ press pass revoked, but still.

He's not stupid. He knows the press won't call him out for it and will blame Kupchack when they return with a shit team next season.

baseline bum
03-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Im wondering if Kobe has EVER done an interview where he didnt come off as a complete tool.

Still not as bad as the interview with 5-0 where he snitched on Shaq.

Thread
03-24-2014, 04:17 PM

Chickenshit comin' over here and dishing it---then running back to Mori's Place where you don't have to take it.

UZER
03-24-2014, 04:17 PM
How bout the interview when he said he hadn't called Shaq because he didn't have his number.

Thread
03-24-2014, 04:18 PM
How bout the interview when he said he hadn't called Shaq because he didn't have his number.

Or, the interview where he had Shaq's number/4.

tee, hee.

da_suns_fan
03-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Chickenshit comin' over here and dishing it---then running back to Mori's Place where you don't have to take it.

Huh?

poeticism707
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM
I want to win the lottery in 2015 as opposed to a couple of years from now.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Rogue
03-24-2014, 08:03 PM
God may convince some big names to join LA for less money imho. Playing with God is a reward by itself, regardless of pay. Not to say that God is just a generous teammate who would be more than glad to share his money with you. Although you get paid less (5m/yr as opposed to 20m/yr) you'd get well compensated by God in the forms of laptops, sandwiches and stuffs that God buys for you.

lefty
03-24-2014, 08:16 PM
THE BEGGING

lefty
03-24-2014, 08:17 PM
"Jimmy [executive vice president of player personnel Jim Buss] and I actually talked after that and it's important for us to have that conversation because this is their team, it's been in their family for years and we all know what the track record is for that, but I've also been part of this franchise since I was 17 years old," Bryant told Rovell. "I feel like I bleed purple and gold and I want to see this franchise be successful

"This organization is just not going to go [down]," Bryant said. "It's not going to take a nose dive. But I think we need to accelerate it a little bit for selfish reasons, because I want to win and I want to win next season. So, it's kind of getting them going now as opposed to two years from now."

Despite already airing his concerns about what direction the Lakers might be heading, Bryant said his faith is as strong as ever in the Lakers' ability to bounce back to contender status.

"Extremely confident," Bryant said. "That was one of my concerns [when he re-signed] and they assured me, 'This is fair for you for everything you've done for the franchise and will continue to do while being able to construct a team that is going to contend for a championship here over the next couple of years.'"

Bryant also responded to Dallas Mavericks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks) owner Mark Cuban's assertion that "I don't know if the Lakers will ever be the Lakers," because of the absence of longtime owner Dr. Jerry Buss, who died last year.

"It will be different," Bryant said. "You can't lead the way [Dr. Buss] did. Because Jeanie is different. Jimmy, who is running basketball operations, is different.

"So they have to find their rhythm and get in sync with each other and figure out exactly what their leadership style is going to be. It's nearly impossible to try to separate basketball operations from the business standpoint so you got to kind of get in sync that with that and have one voice that is leading that charge. But once that happens, the idea might take shape. But you can't look at what Dr. Buss did and say, 'I'm going to try replicate that,' and be exactly what he was. That's just not going to happen."

I don't want to hear the comments of dissension between Jim and [Lakers president] Jeanie [Buss]. We need to figure this thing out. We're all moving in the same direction."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10664481/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-met-team-front-office-faith-la-return-contender-status
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxbva5QuTk1qzfgz0.png