PDA

View Full Version : X-Men: Days of future past

Michael Jordan.
03-24-2014, 10:49 AM
6acRHWnfZAE

Blake
03-24-2014, 11:07 AM
It looks like they're trying to do too much in one movie with too many characters again.

I think I can safely say that First Class will remain my favorite X-men movie.

Bill_Brasky
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM
:lol milking that shit for all its worth

Trill Clinton
03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
looks ass. disnsey needs to buy the rights back.

Darius McCrary
03-24-2014, 12:08 PM
It's coming from a mile away but I'll still be pissed if this movie sucks.

CubanSucks
03-24-2014, 12:52 PM
It looks like they're trying to do too much in one movie with too many characters again.

I think I can safely say that First Class will remain my favorite X-men movie.

Agree on both points. After First Class I was really hoping for another Wolverineless X-Men with just the same cast. They're getting way ahead of themselves and time travel hardly ever works

lefty
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Compare X-Men's version of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to Avenger's ones

Try not to laugh

Mark in Austin
03-26-2014, 02:26 AM
I want this to be good, but it looks like it is taking itself way to seriously. Too dour.

Thebesteva
03-26-2014, 02:55 AM
THIS SUMMER

BIG WORDS

ARE COMING

AT YOU

VERY FAST

XMEN

DAYS

OF

FUTURE

PAST!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2014, 03:10 AM
6acRHWnfZAE

1:23-1:24 maybe you shouldve fought harder for them

lol a commie flag and a former democratic republic flag...lmao u wave that red yellow star flag anywhere outside of vietnam in front of vietnamese people u will get abuse, while if you wave that yellow red stripes flag in vietnam u get sent to re-education camp....

Gummi Clutch
03-26-2014, 04:09 AM
I'll probably watch it when I torrent this bitch.

lefty
03-26-2014, 08:45 AM
This :
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2014/03/Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Scarlet-Witch-Concept-Art.gifhttps://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OfX2YUzmS9U/Uyp1w_vrRPI/AAAAAAAAAnE/K1xU2vKi7ew/w281-h180-no/SWi.jpg
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2014/03/Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Quicksilver-Concept-Art.gif

VS

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/quicksilver-scarlet-witch.jpg

X-MEN :lmao

Trainwreck2100
03-26-2014, 11:01 AM
You do know that qs and sw are in next week's CA. Marvel food it do be the ones with the first shot of them

lefty
03-26-2014, 11:11 AM
You do know that qs and sw are in next week's CA. Marvel food it do be the ones with the first shot of them
yes I know

The 2nd SW pic is from CA2, micredits with BVS

And good job on spoiling it for others

Trainwreck2100
03-26-2014, 11:31 AM
I didn't tell them where it was

lefty
03-26-2014, 05:48 PM
I didn't tell them where it was
I did :lol

Michael Jordan.
03-26-2014, 06:12 PM
Avengers can kiss my sack.

Rogue
03-26-2014, 06:40 PM
^ sup MJ, on which airport has the plane landed, or by what type of missile has it been shot down, john?

Michael Jordan.
03-26-2014, 06:50 PM
^ sup MJ, on which airport has the plane landed, or by what type of missile has it been shot down, john?

Don't know. Sure they could get a distress call out though :tu

Rogue
03-26-2014, 06:55 PM
yeah true, they sent out distress calls but the Malaysian government ignored them and covered up the whole thing. Our teacher talked about it the other day at school he said there must be something the Malaysian government doesn't wanna reveal to the public, tbh.

redzero
03-27-2014, 12:28 AM
This looks like a fan trailer of a bunch movies cobbled together. I really want this to be good, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't look convoluted.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2014, 10:39 AM
This :
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2014/03/Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Scarlet-Witch-Concept-Art.gifhttps://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OfX2YUzmS9U/Uyp1w_vrRPI/AAAAAAAAAnE/K1xU2vKi7ew/w281-h180-no/SWi.jpg
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2014/03/Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Quicksilver-Concept-Art.gif

VS

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/quicksilver-scarlet-witch.jpg

X-MEN :lmaoI always wondered how the White Stripes got together.

CubanSucks
03-27-2014, 07:10 PM
This :

VS

X-MEN :lmao

What the fuck are these pics and why are they important?

lefty
03-27-2014, 08:56 PM
^
QS and SW in Avengers.
QS and SW in X-Men

CubanSucks
03-28-2014, 02:06 PM
It's concept art tho. I thought the next Avengers was gonna take a couple more years thanks to those lame ass guardians shit

lefty
03-28-2014, 05:06 PM
Gotg is going to be awesome

gambit1990
05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
surprised by how much i didn't like it. the action sequences in the future were cool. first class was a lot better.

Darius McCrary
05-23-2014, 12:10 PM
It's like 100% on RT

lefty
05-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Im gonna watch this movie just because I saw them filming it here in Montreal

MannyIsGod
05-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Easily best Xmen movie. Better than X2.

angrydude
05-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Pretty good. Needed more cool action in the "past". The "future" scenes were really good though.

Buddy Mignon
05-24-2014, 12:30 AM
Sucked

Darius McCrary
05-24-2014, 06:07 AM
crofl thats like saying spurs season 2012 is better than spurs season 2006

youre saying its better than First Class??

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2014, 07:26 AM
were the sentinels design better then droids in ironman?

Fabbs
05-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Manny

crofl thats like saying spurs season 2012 is better than spurs season 2006

youre saying its better than First Class??
Manny stayed up late voting repeatedly on RT.

Blake
05-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Manny

Manny stayed up late voting repeatedly on RT.

Lol thinking RT is a poll

Death In June
05-24-2014, 07:20 PM
It was entertaining, but not in the way I expected it to be. It was corny and full of cheese and I was waiting for it to end during it's third act, but it had a moment or two. Magnetos son was the highlight. The stinger was pretty cool. I just think they spent too much time trying to cash in on that Jennifer Lawrence money. Problem is, Mystique/Raven/whatever the fuck who cares, is a flat character poorly suited for a lead role.

CubanSucks
05-24-2014, 08:58 PM
The sentinels were badass and intimidating if there ever was such a thing. The whole movie was kind of a mess and quicksilver was way too cool not to have him in more

redzero
05-25-2014, 12:44 AM
I liked it. For all the talk about the movie looking convoluted (which I contributed to), the overall plotline was simple. If there was a problem with the plot, it's with the lack of build up to the movie. I know there was an after-credits scene in The Wolverine, but that doesn't really cut it. This movie just thrusts the viewer into a post-apocalyptic future full of characters we haven't met before. The characters themselves were interesting, even though they just got their asses kicked over and over again. The future sentinels were good villains, but I really didn't get the scope of devastation, since the only scenes in the future were in China and Russia.

All all the mutants were good. All the action scenes in the future were badass, and Magneto wrecking shit in the past was great to watch. I think I speak for the majority of us when I say I would watch a 2-hour-long movie of Magneto hitting people with metal objects. Jackman was good as Wolverine, but the character was mostly passive. Xavier and Mystique took up the crux of the drama for most of the movie, and while I like Mystique, I don't think the plot of any X-Men movie should focus so much on her character.

Overall, the movie was good. I will have to watch it again to get to a more complete opinion, which is strange when talking about a comic book movie. I do like how X3 was retconned out of existence, and I hope Apocalypse is handled better than Phoenix was. At least Quicksilver--probably the most entertaining part of this movie--will have a bigger role in the sequel.

Oh, and I can't believe there isn't more talk about Days of Future Past's similarities to The Matrix. The future was basically "the real world" from The Matrix if one replaced the metal squids with sentinels. And the ending was basically the same "Magneto makes everything worse" formula combined with the ending of The Matrix. Both movies even had the bad guys (sentinels and metal squids, respectively) attacking the hero (Wolverine and Neo), before they are stopped at the last second.

Darius McCrary
05-25-2014, 01:43 AM
I saw it. Manny was right. Simply amazing, perfect movie. Every step of the way, directed, written, acted, performed perfectly. This may be the comic movie that finally wins a legitimate award (not really) but it should. McKellan, Stewart, McAvoy, Fassbender, they just fucking KILLED IT!!!

This was an awesome movie, and I can't remember the last time I wanted to see a movie again in the theater. I was so scared about this movie sucking but it fucking ruled. Kudos to everyone involved.

I wish Apocalypse had looked a little more...less supermodel starved when they teased him, but even that got me pumped.

Only small small bicker I have is that it made no sense why Kitty had to keep Logan in that past-trance thewhole time. Just let him go, let shit he set in place work out.

Also....how cool is it that an amazing actress like Jennifer Lawrence returns to her role pre-blowup and delivers a fucking 10.
I basically feel about this movie the way that home who almost killed himself felt about that batman movie. For real.

CubanSucks
05-25-2014, 04:55 AM
I have a question, what's to stop quicksilver from just doing everything? How could anything stop him? Seems to me they could've just said fuck it on breaking magneto out and just get him to do everything and with EASE

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2014, 06:16 AM
havnt seen it yet, but i did watch the cartoon as a child

did bishop made an appearance? the clown from the future

spurraider21
05-25-2014, 06:18 PM
saw it. really good flick... only question are some continuity issues that bug me (though thats typically a thing with comic book storylines)...

1) xavier got vaporized in X3, and i understand he is able to transfer his consciousness into somebody else so he could still be alive. but why is he still alive in patrick stewart form in a wheelchair... doesn't make much sense

2) in the future scenes, wolverine should have bone claws, based on the events of the last Wolverine movie, unless he had another adamantium surgery in the meantime

Death In June
05-25-2014, 09:01 PM

redzero
05-25-2014, 09:16 PM
If we are talking about plot holes (because of course we are), why does Bad Future Wolverine's consciousness still exist after history was changed? Shouldn't it have disappeared along with everything post-1973?

hehateme
05-25-2014, 10:06 PM
If we are talking about plot holes (because of course we are), why does Bad Future Wolverine's consciousness still exist after history was changed? Shouldn't it have disappeared along with everything post-1973?

It was stated in the movie that he would be the only one that remembers what happened post-change.

redzero
05-25-2014, 11:08 PM
It was stated in the movie that he would be the only one that remembers what happened post-change.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot about how Bishop was used to change history over and over again.

CubanSucks
05-25-2014, 11:59 PM
anyone? What could stop quicksilver besides Prof X taking over his mind?

redzero
05-26-2014, 12:03 AM
The fact that the movie would be over barely an hour into it? Quicksilver is so overpowered that he could solve almost any conflict. It will be interesting to see how he is utilized in the next movie.

CubanSucks
05-26-2014, 01:57 AM
Quicksilver with magneto's helmet=demigod

Darius McCrary
05-26-2014, 12:00 PM
I didn't think about that. Plus Quicksilver was still a kid and seemed to be in elite control of his powers. What need is there for him to join xmen-xfactor?

Darius McCrary
05-26-2014, 12:00 PM
But it does make sense for him to be really overpowered, both of Magneto's children are ridiculous mutants. Scarlet Witch is just sick.

spurraider21
05-26-2014, 01:34 PM
In response to the matrix comparison it should also be noted that killing machines from the future were both called sentinels

benefactor
05-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Just saw it. Incredible. Great start for summer films.

DPG21920
05-26-2014, 06:18 PM
I enjoyed it. Did get a Matrix-y vibe, but neither that nor some questions left unanswered/unexplained detracted at all from the movie. Really enjoyed it. Hugh Jackman is freaking jacked in this movie.

MannyIsGod
05-27-2014, 10:26 AM
I thought this was the first comic book movie where the acting carried it more than the action/special effects. The summer movie season has been good so far. If you count Captain America even though it was early, all 4 movies I've seen have been good (CA, ASM2, Godzilla, and DoFP) and 3 have been comic book movies.

Darth_Pelican
05-27-2014, 11:04 PM
saw it. really good flick... only question are some continuity issues that bug me (though thats typically a thing with comic book storylines)...

1) xavier got vaporized in X3, and i understand he is able to transfer his consciousness into somebody else so he could still be alive. but why is he still alive in patrick stewart form in a wheelchair... doesn't make much sense

Because Wolverine's trip to the 1970s altered what happened from the time he went back up to the present war against these new mutant terminators. In the new alternate universe that was created, Magneto didn't kill Xavier. It's like X3 never took place. It's the same reason Jean was alive at the end.

spurraider21
05-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Because Wolverine's trip to the 1970s altered what happened from the time he went back up to the present war against these new mutant terminators. In the new alternate universe that was created, Magneto didn't kill Xavier. It's like X3 never took place. It's the same reason Jean was alive at the end.
i'm talking about the beginning of the flick, in the apocalyptic world, which follows the timeline of X3, The Wolverine, etc. i understand the very end, which explains why Jean/Scott are around as well

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2014, 11:10 PM
isnt quicksilver the guy in fantastic4 movie that could destroy planets by himself?

lol overpowered

Darth_Pelican
05-27-2014, 11:39 PM
i'm talking about the beginning of the flick, in the apocalyptic world, which follows the timeline of X3, The Wolverine, etc. i understand the very end, which explains why Jean/Scott are around as well

Time travel never truly makes sense, but this is the way I comprehended it:

The apocalyptic war will still take place, even with Wolverine going back in time. He never changed that part of the future. There was a scene that you will remember where someone is comparing the future to a streaming river, and even though you can put a ripple in it, it's still going to continue to flow. To, me this represented the fact that the war is going to happen regardless. The midget mad scientist still had the blood sample from the gunshot wound and would continue to study it, and eventually still be able to create the real super soldiers. Remember, he says "if I had brain tissue and skin sample, it would speed up the process by years, decades...". Well, without those samples, it would just delay the inevitable.
Wolvernine's trip back in time didn't accomplish stopping the war. It stopped the excecution of the midget scientist by Raven/Mystique, it stopped Raven/Mystique from getting captured and studied, and it helped Magneto and Xavier realize that trying to kill each other would not be the answer. They would need each other to battle threats against the mutant's existence. That is why in the new alternate world, they worked together in the war as old men, and it was stressed by the handshake by Magneto to Xavier after he got stabbed.

spurraider21
05-27-2014, 11:43 PM

The apocalyptic war will still take place, even with Wolverine going back in time. He never changed that part of the future. There was a scene that you will remember where someone is comparing the future to a streaming river, and even though you can put a ripple in it, it's still going to continue to flow. To, me this represented the fact that the war is going to happen regardless. The midget mad scientist still had the blood sample from the gunshot wound and would continue to study it, and eventually still be able to create the real super soldiers. Remember, he says "if I had brain tissue and skin sample, it would speed up the process by years, decades...". Well, without those samples, it would just delay the inevitable.
Wolvernine's trip back in time didn't accomplish stopping the war. It stopped the excecution of the midget scientist by Raven/Mystique, it stopped Raven/Mystique from getting captured and studied, and it helped Magneto and Xavier realize that trying to kill each other would not be the answer. They would need each other to battle threats against the mutant's existence. That is why in the new alternate world, they worked together in the war as old men, and it was stressed by the handshake by Magneto to Xavier after he got stabbed.
forget time travel. no part of my confusion had a single thing to do with time travel. if you mention time travel in your response to this, you are missing the point.

in the introductory scenes to DofP, before they actually sent wolverine back in time, it makes no sense that xavier is alive in that form. he was shredded in X3, but in the post credit scene you hear him speak on a hospital bed... i understand that xavier can transfer his consiousness into another body, and thats all well and good. there's also the copout theory that its his twin, braindead brother's body. but why is he paralyzed agian.

in any event, just because Beast gave his stone-ripple theory on time travel doesn't make it true :lol. in fact, when he mentioned that, he was making the point that maybe its destiny for Raven/Mystique to kill Trask.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Kelsy Grammer is going to be in three blockbusters this summer. Bet you never thought you'd see that

leemajors
05-28-2014, 06:15 AM
forget time travel. no part of my confusion had a single thing to do with time travel. if you mention time travel in your response to this, you are missing the point.

in the introductory scenes to DofP, before they actually sent wolverine back in time, it makes no sense that xavier is alive in that form. he was shredded in X3, but in the post credit scene you hear him speak on a hospital bed... i understand that xavier can transfer his consiousness into another body, and thats all well and good. there's also the copout theory that its his twin, braindead brother's body. but why is he paralyzed agian.

in any event, just because Beast gave his stone-ripple theory on time travel doesn't make it true :lol. in fact, when he mentioned that, he was making the point that maybe its destiny for Raven/Mystique to kill Trask.

retconning is constant in comics. you can just ignore x3 from here on out

leemajors
05-28-2014, 06:15 AM
isnt quicksilver the guy in fantastic4 movie that could destroy planets by himself?

lol overpowered

no, that's the silver surfer, galactus' herald

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 11:11 AM
i'm aware you can ignore x3, they changed the entire timeline... but the movie wasn't acting like X3 never happened. when young xavier read wolverine's mind, we saw many of the events from X3 tbh

RsxPiimp
05-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Best Xmen movie so far.

xmas1997
05-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Best Xmen movie so far.

Good to know, I was wondering.

CubanSucks
05-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Another thing that really bugged me was how magneto reprogrammed the sentinels on the train. It would've been silly regardless cause he's not some super genius but the way it happened was retarded

Trill Clinton
05-28-2014, 07:18 PM
saw the movie on my lunch break yesterday. its the best xmen film so far. i had my doubts about singer, but the pedo came through. i wish we had some spoiler tags on this site so we could discuss movies without ruining it for people who haven't seen it yet.

Darius McCrary
05-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Apocalypse movie is going to be amazing. On one hand you have Apocalypse who will mercilessly slaughter any mutant he deems weak, all for the survival of the fittest, on the other you have Magneto who will pragmatically do anything to defend the mutant race.

I'm more interested in Apocalypse vs Magneto than Apocalypse vs the x-men :lol

CubanSucks
05-28-2014, 08:00 PM
i wish we had some spoiler tags on this site so we could discuss movies without ruining it for people who haven't seen it yet.

the movie is out. Unless you've seen it what use is there to read about it? Are there really people stupid enough to go into a thread about a movie that's out and not expect spoilers?

Apocalypse movie is going to be amazing. On one hand you have Apocalypse who will mercilessly slaughter any mutant he deems weak, all for the survival of the fittest, on the other you have Magneto who will pragmatically do anything to defend the mutant race.

I'm more interested in Apocalypse vs Magneto than Apocalypse vs the x-men :lol

from what I gathered from the scene, Apocalypse is pretty much Magneto without limitations to metal

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 08:31 PM
from what I gathered from the scene, Apocalypse is pretty much Magneto without limitations to metal
Apocalypse is overpowered as hell... he can control his body at the molecular level, and has super telekenesis (as you saw) and telepathy

CubanSucks
05-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Apocalypse is overpowered as hell... he can control his body at the molecular level, and has super telekenesis (as you saw) and telepathy

could he concentrate his telekinesis on quicksilver at full speed? Quicksilver with Magneto's helmet vs Apocalypse? Seems like the only chance

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 09:07 PM
could he concentrate his telekinesis on quicksilver at full speed? Quicksilver with Magneto's helmet vs Apocalypse? Seems like the only chance
he can control his body at the molecular level, basically turn it into any material, shape, regenerate, etc

Trill Clinton
05-28-2014, 09:08 PM
apocalypse is the most powerful mutant there is. they better do him justice. hopefully they follow the age of apocalypse storyline true to the comics. i want to see stryfe or cable in the next one as well.

Relevancy
05-28-2014, 09:40 PM
I thought Quicksilver was really well done, the scene with the security and how he controls every single movement of his speed was exceptional. But I heard how they portrayed him in the movie has nothing to do with how he was portrayed in the comics, so I don't know.

I liked how there introducing Apocalypse already, his the most power mutant if I'm correct so it should be a blast seeing him on screen.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Apocalypse is the x-men thanos or Darkseid. Gonna be interesting how much screen time he'll get

CubanSucks
05-28-2014, 10:50 PM
from what I've read Thanos, Darkseid, or Doomsday would crush Apocalypse

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 10:56 PM
from what I've read Thanos, Darkseid, or Doomsday would crush Apocalypse
brace yourselves... :lol

spurraider21
05-28-2014, 10:57 PM
from my understanding though apocalypse is basically immortal, so there's that

crc21209
05-29-2014, 01:37 AM
Saw it last weekend when it came out. It was pretty good, best one since X2. Never really got into the Wolverine movies. Quicksilver steals the show...

leemajors
05-29-2014, 07:55 AM
from my understanding though apocalypse is basically immortal, so there's that

ehh, Galactus could probably just eat him.

Aztecfan03
05-29-2014, 05:35 PM

The apocalyptic war will still take place, even with Wolverine going back in time. He never changed that part of the future. There was a scene that you will remember where someone is comparing the future to a streaming river, and even though you can put a ripple in it, it's still going to continue to flow.

To, me this represented the fact that the war is going to happen regardless. The midget mad scientist still had the blood sample from the gunshot wound and would continue to study it, and eventually still be able to create the real super soldiers. Remember, he says "if I had brain tissue and skin sample, it would speed up the process by years, decades...". Well, without those samples, it would just delay the inevitable.

And Xavier responded to that first bolded part by saying he didn't buy that theory.

The second bolded part is wrong. Trask was imprisoned and the sentinel program abandoned after Mystique/Raven saved those people.

The third bolded part is wrong also- Them as old men was the old world not the new alternate world. That is why they sent Logan back in time. We were never shown older Magneto in new alternate world.

Aztecfan03
05-29-2014, 05:37 PM

Wolverine still remembers scenes from X3 in days of future past.

Aztecfan03
05-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Another thing that really bugged me was how magneto reprogrammed the sentinels on the train. It would've been silly regardless cause he's not some super genius but the way it happened was retarded

At first I just thought he was putting metal in them so he could easily take them out at some point. But yeah just reprogramming them like that was strange.

Greg Oden
05-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Channing Tatum as that nigga Gambit is sounds kinda lame, hope it's not tho.

spurraider21
05-29-2014, 06:30 PM
ehh, Galactus could probably just eat him.
That's cheating :lol

vander
05-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Grantland FTW (http://grantland.com/features/x-men-days-of-future-past-brian-singer-sequel-review/)

leemajors
05-29-2014, 10:10 PM
That's cheating :lol

Or just let a Herald like Silver Surfer do it :lol

100%duncan
05-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Might be the best of all time until Apocalypse comes out. It brought nostalgia from all the other xmen movies before.

Jacob1983
06-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Saw it tonight. I know a lot of you peckers on here think Jennifer Lawrence is fugly but she looked damn fine in that blue body paint.