PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Video: Championship or Bust for Spurs

BillMc
03-25-2014, 03:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10671667

A video where Jermele Hill (or however she spells her name) basically implies the Spurs are under-achievers. She says something like "they get to the playoffs and fall short" every year, like we're the old Atlanta Braves or something. None of this is new...

What is news? Well, according to the images behind them George Hill has returned to the Spurs! Go Georgie! :lol

SpurSwag
03-25-2014, 03:48 PM

A video where Jermele Hill (or however she spells her name) basically implies the Spurs are under-achievers. She says something like "they get to the playoffs and fall short" every year, like we're the old Atlanta Braves or something. None of this is new...

What is news? Well, according to the images behind them George Hill has returned to the Spurs! Go Georgie! :lol

i started watching that video and stopped about a minute in when she was saying that crap about how its like the same movie over and over and we always fall short in the playoffs.

Also the video lost all merit with the poster of George Hill in a spurs jersey 3 years after he left

atoyotagaspedal
03-25-2014, 03:50 PM
I saw a picture of George Hill in the background and then closed it, ESPN is such a fucking joke

Bartleby
03-25-2014, 03:55 PM
She's a consistent Spurs hater (and a remarkably clueless one at that). I'm pretty sure there are threads about her disses on the Spurs from about this time last year, and probably the year before that.

BillMc
03-25-2014, 03:59 PM
She's a consistent Spurs hater (and a remarkably clueless one at that). I'm pretty sure there are threads about her disses on the Spurs from about this time last year, and probably the year before that.

Yes. Her old act used to be the Spurs aren't good enough. Her new angle (this year and last year) is that we're loaded with talent and choking it all away. This and the premise that we've been good so long makes us uninteresting, and not worth discussing. Our achievements used against us.

Spur|n|Austin
03-25-2014, 04:02 PM
A native of Detroit, Hill attended Mumford High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumford_High_School_(Michigan)) and graduated from Michigan State University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_State_University) with a degree in journalism and a minor in Spanish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language).

Her saltiness from the 2005 championship is obviously still strong. She's also ugly.

poeticism707
03-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Yes. Her old act used to be the Spurs aren't good enough. Her new angle (this year and last year) is that we're loaded with talent and choking it all away....

This.

Which is why women have no business reffing, broadcasting, or discussing on tv, men's sports.

Men are logical. Their arugments are logcial.

Women are emotionally dependant children, who like to dress up in logical clothes; but their emotions are the real fuel for their fire, and not simple facts/evdience.
As such, they makes stupud claims based on emotion, and parade it around like it's fact, then scream sexual discrimination when any man of average intelligence sees through their swiss cheese arguments.

"Ms. Hill" (obviously not married, who'd put up with her) is the cheer captain of this team.

siraulo23
03-25-2014, 04:16 PM
so the spurs are now underachievers lol, i ignore most of the espn articles/vids but this is just plain obvious spurs hate it's ridiculous

ive stopped watching espn nba related vids tbh, i have no idea why their articles still get posted here, but when they do i ways click lol, so please stop posting them

Mel_13
03-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Jermele Hill. That's enough information.

No reason to watch the video.

Old School 44
03-25-2014, 04:22 PM
ESPN just playing the point/counter-point game. It's just trolling on video. They do it with Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, with Bruce Bowen and Israel Guiterrez. Most media outlets play this same game to some degree.

Two10Whitey
03-25-2014, 04:23 PM
LMAO George Hill in the background. Talk about fail.

Budkin
03-25-2014, 04:26 PM

4 rings but we "fall short every year." Fuck that bitch.

ohmwrecker
03-25-2014, 05:55 PM
She's a retard.

RD2191
03-25-2014, 05:57 PM
That stupid whore always talks shit, probably a Lakers fan. Fucking bitch needs to get cock slapped.

RD2191
03-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Grapenutz is a faggot. I know you're reading this you piece of shit.

Leetonidas
03-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Jemele Hill :lol

People are retarded. Lakers and Celtics have 33 titles between them. Outside of them, it's Chicago with 6 (courtesy of the GOAT), San Antonio with 4, and Miami with 3. So we're underachievers after netting 4 rings when at the beginning of the last decade only a couple teams outside of LA/Boston/Chicago even had a LOB? :lmao Dumb bitch

RD2191
03-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Jemele Hill :lol

People are retarded. Lakers and Celtics have 33 titles between them. Outside of them, it's Chicago with 6 (courtesy of the GOAT), San Antonio with 4, and Miami with 3. So we're underachievers after netting 4 rings when at the beginning of the last decade only a couple teams outside of LA/Boston/Chicago even had a LOB? :lmao Dumb bitch
drop some truff bombs on that hoe, you should tweet dat bitch

Bill_Brasky
03-25-2014, 06:20 PM
This.

Which is why women have no business reffing, broadcasting, or discussing on tv, men's sports.

Women are emotionally dependant children, who like to dress up in logical clothes; but their emotions are the real fuel for their fire, and not simple facts/evdience.
As such, they makes stupud claims based on emotion, and parade it around like it's fact, then scream sexual discrimination when any man of average intelligence sees through their swiss cheese arguments.

"Ms. Hill" (obviously not married, who'd put up with her) is the cheer captain of this team.

:lmao

Leetonidas
03-25-2014, 06:55 PM
drop some truff bombs on that hoe, you should tweet dat bitch

I don't have a twitter... :depressed

RD2191
03-25-2014, 07:32 PM
I don't have a twitter... :depressed
neither do I, damn:lol

Spurs 4 The Win
03-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Jamelle Hill or whatever that fugly chicks name is, makes me change the channel every time she opens her mouth. She knows literally nothing.

I had the displeasure of seeing a segment with her and Michael Smith (also clueless but not as bad). They asked if they were worried about the Heat possibly not making the Finals. Jemele starts and says no because they have no threats in the Western conference or Eastern conference and that LeBron can beat everyone. Michael Smith countered and said what about the Spurs, they shouldve won last year and look much better this year compared to the Heat, especially after beating them badly last time they met. This dumb bitch says "Spurs!!! They cant handle the Heat, last year was a fluke, they always choke when it matters, i will be surprised if they even make the WCF" I turned off the TV and vowed to never here that chick speak again.

RD2191
03-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Someone needs to troll that whore on twitter.

Juggity
03-25-2014, 07:44 PM
This.

What a bizarre and sexist take. Jemele Hill is not a representative for all of womankind. She's an ESPN commentator who is told to find a consistent, controversial angle to stir discussion and emotion. She's a female Stephen A. Smith, hired to generate an emotional response in viewers, either for or against. I doubt she believes a single word of her arguments. Or if she does, then it is to a much less radical extent.

BillMc
03-25-2014, 07:58 PM
She's an ESPN commentator who is told to find a consistent, controversial angle to stir discussion and emotion. She's a female Stephen A. Smith, hired to generate an emotional response in viewers, either for or against. I doubt she believes a single word of her arguments. Or if she does, then it is to a much less radical extent.

Sadly, you're right. We're in an age of sports commentator "sensationalism" rather than journalism, where those who say the most outrageous things get the internet hits, etc. Intelligent, well-thought through sports journalism is fading fast.

poeticism707
03-25-2014, 08:16 PM
What a bizarre and sexist take. Jemele Hill is not a representative for all of womankind. She's an ESPN commentator who is told to find a consistent, controversial angle to stir discussion and emotion. She's a female Stephen A. Smith, hired to generate an emotional response in viewers, either for or against. I doubt she believes a single word of her arguments. Or if she does, then it is to a much less radical extent.

Be a man, actually open your eyes to the "victim" status women greedily lap up like insatiable dogs, then in about 20 years when life has taught you hard lessons about women and their endless excusses, pity parties, always avoiding responsibility, using men when necesarry, and then disposing of them like toiletries when it's convenient, etc.

Only then can we speak of such things.

But not now. Your naivete just blinds you.

spurs1990
03-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Can't find two more abrasive a**holes on tv than the two on that show.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-25-2014, 08:26 PM
I like this better than we are old and have no shot which is what the narrative used to be.

Juggity
03-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Be a man, actually open your eyes to the "victim" status women greedily lap up like insatiable dogs, then in about 20 years when life has taught you hard lessons about women and their endless excusses, pity parties, always avoiding responsibility, using men when necesarry, and then disposing of them like toiletries when it's convenient, etc.

Only then can we speak of such things.

But not now. Your naivete just blinds you.

are you a "men's rights" activist tbh? you definitely post like one

MR-Clutch
03-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Those sexist takes are cracking me up.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-25-2014, 11:22 PM
That stupid whore always talks shit, probably a Lakers fan. Fucking bitch needs to get cock slapped.

She's just a bandwagon fan for whichever team is in vogue. I remember she was rooting for OKC in 2012, for example. She roots for the Lakers against us also, although now that the Lakers are awful I haven't heard a peep from her.

The instant the Lakers become relevant again she'll probably start shit talking on their behalf.

timtonymanu
03-25-2014, 11:24 PM
rofl George Hill pic fail

jARS mEsH sEt
03-25-2014, 11:25 PM
But my overall impression of Jemele Hill is that she's a poorly educated, unattractive hack who has no business being on television. It's pretty clear that she doesn't watch even 5% of the games that she provides commentary on.

Contrast her to someone like Marc Stein who clearly has a working knowledge of pretty much every team in the league. You can tell he puts in the work try and get a sense for every team in the league and not just his home team Mavericks.

RD2191
03-25-2014, 11:32 PM
But my overall impression of Jemele Hill is that she's a poorly educated, unattractive hack who has no business being on television. It's pretty clear that she doesn't watch even 5% of the games that she provides commentary on.

Contrast her to someone like Marc Stein who clearly has a working knowledge of pretty much every team in the league. You can tell he puts in the work try and get a sense for every team in the league and not just his home team Mavericks.
Agreed

TampaDude
03-25-2014, 11:33 PM
She's a fucking idiot. That's all you need to know.

UZER
03-25-2014, 11:40 PM
These ESPN hacks are always moving the goal post when is come to the Spurs.

stout defense:
Spurs - boring, Heat - gritty / tough

High scoring:
Spurs - weak defense, Phoenix - wow / fun

Players in 30s:
Spurs - old, others - wise, experienced

Roster:
Spurs 1 all star - stacked, '13 Lakers - Dwight failed Kobe

Finals wins:
Spurs 4 - enough already its time for new blood, Lakers 16 - I can watch then in the finals every year / this is what we all want

Finals losses last 15 yrs:
Spurs 1 - chokers, Lakers 2 - What a franchise

In fairness, ESPN has a few basketball analyst without bias, but the rest are hacks. I watch ESPN 10% of the time now, that's it.

Sean Cagney
03-25-2014, 11:44 PM
I usually try to keep it cool nowadays but this stupid fucking bitch needs to shut the fuck up. She is a fucking duck. There I let it out.

Sean Cagney
03-25-2014, 11:50 PM

stout defense:

High scoring:

Players in 30s:

Roster:

Finals wins:
Spurs 4 - enough already its time for new blood, Lakers 16 - I can watch then in the finals every year / this is what we all want

In fairness, ESPN has a few basketball analyst without bias, but the rest are hacks. I watch ESPN 10% of the time now, that's it.

I don't watch it at all nor have in years, period. I didn't even care about this shit until someone posted the video of the stupid bitch talking her nonsense in which she usually does........ When I see a video with her posted on here or online talking about the Spurs I laugh.

KaiRMD1
03-25-2014, 11:54 PM
You can't take the video seriously because of the George Hill picture

UZER
03-26-2014, 12:07 AM
I don't watch it at all nor have in years, period. I didn't even care about this shit until someone posted the video of the stupid bitch talking her nonsense in which she usually does........ When I see a video with her posted on here or online talking about the Spurs I laugh.

yeah man. This ain't nothing new. I got over it a few years ago. I only think about when someone post something here.

Oh and Jemele is the worst of the worst when it comes to stupid opinions.

PÒÓCH
03-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Ricola!!!! Crapola!!!
Slow news day at ESPN
That braided haired man dressed as a woman does not believe for a minute what she's ranting about. She's merely playing devils advocate for the sake of any sort of argument or discussion.

crc21209
03-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Her and Cari Champion, the chick from First Take, are horrible...

TE
03-26-2014, 12:20 AM
Her and Cari Champion, the chick from First Take, are horrible...
Cari Champion is something to look at but Jemele Hill is hideous, she's also terrible at analyzing basketball. People on this forum would serve better to be on that show, tbh.

crc21209
03-26-2014, 12:24 AM
Cari Champion is something to look at but Jemele Hill is hideous, she's also terrible at analyzing basketball. People on this forum would serve better to be on that show, tbh.

Meh..give me my Michelle Beadle any day of the week over any of the other ESPN hoes :lol

Halberto
03-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Do some of you idiots even know who runs this board? A woman who has been on TV having Spurs discussions/debates.

Sean Cagney
03-26-2014, 12:48 AM
yeah man. This ain't nothing new. I got over it a few years ago. I only think about when someone post something here.

Oh and Jemele is the worst of the worst when it comes to stupid opinions.

I am glad I don't know her or listen to that airhead on air! I saw her last year one time and said this broad is annoying as hell and turned it off.

TE
03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
Do some of you idiots even know who runs this board? A woman who has been on TV having Spurs discussions/debates.
:lmao exactly tbh...people ITT talking shit about women discussing sports best watch what they say. Korigirl is returning soon and will lay down the hammer on these dudes.

Sean Cagney
03-26-2014, 01:04 AM
:lmao exactly tbh...people ITT talking shit about women discussing sports best watch what they say. Korigirl is returning soon and will lay down the hammer on these dudes.

Returning soon? Like Jesus or some shit? I wish her and Timvp would return soon honestly but I don't see it happening unless the Spurs are near a title or the 2nd round or so. I doubt she returns soon though honestly.
Yep and is a knowledgeable fan not like this f in idiot Hill we are talking about here who hates on the Spurs all the time and says dumb shit. She deserves to get dissed. Kori is one of our own and good in my book and she needs to return soon to ban half these idiot trolls in here.

jag
03-26-2014, 04:39 AM
Her entire goal is just to get noticed. She doesn't care or keep track of what comes out of her mouth.

I'm trying to figure out who actually watches her on tv, or starts a thread based off stupid comments she makes.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-26-2014, 05:44 AM
All I can say that both the USA (soccer team, who have been knocked out of the last two Cups by Ghana) and Spurs can prove that "Third times the CHARM, BABY!!!!!!!" this summer.

spurspokesman
03-26-2014, 09:20 AM
She's a secret Lebron Lover. Who cares

BillMc
03-26-2014, 10:03 AM

stout defense:

High scoring:

Players in 30s:

Roster:

Finals wins:

This is spot on. Can you imagine if the Lakers had won 50 or more games (adjusted for the strike years) for 16 straight years?! We'd be hearing about it constantly. Instead, we're annoying, the guest who stays too long at the party.

Horse
03-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Fuck that ugly dike ****