PDA

View Full Version : Its amazing how many mental midgets roleplayers we had who were key guys in the past

freetiago
03-26-2014, 10:25 PM
watching the ending to that Heat/Pacers game
George Hill use to actually be a guy we counted on in the clutch and hes a guy who just bricked 2 free throws
then we had guys like Mason/Udoka/Blair/Bonner and all those other scrubs filling in

now we have clutch guys like Leonard/Green/Belenelli/Mills/Diaw filling in the non big 3 role of hitting huge shots and the front office was able to make that change in about 1 year

El CaPiTaN809
03-26-2014, 10:29 PM
pop is kind of like belichick.

Sybok
03-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Yeah, no one missed any crucial free throws in the Finals last year.

Mugen
03-26-2014, 10:35 PM

http://www.underthegunreview.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Ralph.gif

ElNono
03-26-2014, 10:36 PM
now we have clutch guys like Leonard/Green/Belenelli/Mills/Diaw filling in the non big 3 role of hitting huge shots and the front office was able to make that change in about 1 year

Out of those:
- Diaw was borderline out of the league after getting fat with the Bobcats
- Beli was basically let go because the Bulls didn't think he was worth the money for an extension
- Green was cut by the Cavs
- Mills was let go by Portland, and he even had stints in the DLeague while a Blazer.

freetiago
03-26-2014, 10:40 PM
2012 season was a huge turnover for 1 year
Splitter/Leonard/Kawhi basically all had their first years as Spurs
Diaw/Mills midseason acquisitions
Jackson came in and was big in 2012 playoffs and got rid of Dick

Sybok
03-26-2014, 10:44 PM
We are on a win streak and other good teams are playing shitty basketball while shitty teams are inspired to throw a haymaker. Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet about how good our team is.

ElNono
03-26-2014, 10:46 PM
We are on a win streak and other good teams are playing shitty basketball while shitty teams are inspired to throw a haymaker. Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet about how good our team is.

streak or not, this is a great team, tbh... no dick-sucking required...

will they be good enough to win it all? that's a completely different question altogether...

Mikeanaro
03-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Out of those:
- Diaw was borderline out of the league after getting fat with the Bobcats
- Beli was basically let go because the Bulls didn't think he was worth the money for an extension
- Green was cut by the Cavs
- Mills was let go by Portland, and he even had stints in the DLeague while a Blazer.
The most interesting thing about the facts you pointed is all those teams sucks, it seems the Spurs have the keys to improve players and motivate them the only player that fits to the exception list is Gary Neal playing PG running the offense, Bobcats/Cavs/Bulls/Portland management is/are a mess.
I dont understand how guys like Mills or Beli are dumped, Boris was fat I understand and I really knew nothing about Green on the Cavs but if he fits so well here he cant be that bad.

Spurs7794
03-27-2014, 11:08 AM
watching the ending to that Heat/Pacers game
George Hill use to actually be a guy we counted on in the clutch and hes a guy who just bricked 2 free throws
then we had guys like Mason/Udoka/Blair/Bonner and all those other scrubs filling in

George Hill was clutch as hell against Dallas in 2010. And he hit all the clinching freethrows he took in Game 2 and 5 in 2011...basically our most important games of the season (other than game 6). Yeah he's not as clutch as Leonard or Green, but what has Belenelli done? What has Mills done? Diaw has been inconsistent in the playoffs so we'll see what he's got (though I trust him).

Captivus
03-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Many teams have pay big salaries to some players. Thats also a factor. The Spurs do have more room to make moves and extend players.
See Kobe....I have no doubt the Lakers will end up losing good players in the next 2 seasons.

Sean Cagney
03-27-2014, 01:11 PM

Ginobili missed two last night as well when we were up 5, no pressure and missed two (If they hit a three on the other end it would have been a game again).

Arcadian
03-27-2014, 01:39 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Look at the Spurs roster four years ago:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2010.html

...compared to this year:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2014.html

It's amazing how much better we got since then.

03-27-2014, 01:44 PM

It's amazing how much better we got since then.We don't rebuild, we just reload.

BacktoBasics
03-27-2014, 02:26 PM
The most interesting thing about the facts you pointed is all those teams sucks, it seems the Spurs have the keys to improve players and motivate them the only player that fits to the exception list is Gary Neal playing PG running the offense, Bobcats/Cavs/Bulls/Portland management is/are a mess.
I dont understand how guys like Mills or Beli are dumped, Boris was fat I understand and I really knew nothing about Green on the Cavs but if he fits so well here he cant be that bad.All this time later and you can't understand why some guys flourish in this system and some guys don't? Get a clue moron. With the exception of Boris almost all those names were trying to make teams by doing too much or more than their skill set affords them. That's the beauty of a system like the Spurs. Guys like Bonner and Green can extend their careers by selling out to the system. Something that rarely exists in modern day professional sports.

poeticism707
03-27-2014, 06:36 PM

I almost typed this verbatim, before I saw it posted.

Still Disgusting now as it was then.

Sybok
03-27-2014, 08:04 PM

It's amazing how much better we got since then.

Look at the Spurs fans posts about those same guys 4 years ago. It was just as biased and misled as it is today. Remember, Blair was a monster, going to dominate the league, should be starting over Splitter... the next Barkley. George Hill was just going to get better. Roger Mason Jr was the best shooter in the league.

Arcadian
03-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Look at the Spurs fans posts about those same guys 4 years ago. It was just as biased and misled as it is today. Remember, Blair was a monster, going to dominate the league, should be starting over Splitter... the next Barkley. George Hill was just going to get better. Roger Mason Jr was the best shooter in the league.

But that implies that the current team is equally bad as the 2010 team. The 2010 team was swept in the second round by Phoenix. I would like to think the current team is a title contender. You're correct that we are equally biased; but this time, the bias has more merit.

PÒÓCH
03-27-2014, 10:45 PM
OOmmpa Loompa Dippitty Doo, I got a mental midget for you.

freetiago
03-27-2014, 11:01 PM
George Hill was clutch as hell against Dallas in 2010. And he hit all the clinching freethrows he took in Game 2 and 5 in 2011...basically our most important games of the season (other than game 6). Yeah he's not as clutch as Leonard or Green, but what has Belenelli done? What has Mills done? Diaw has been inconsistent in the playoffs so we'll see what he's got (though I trust him).

Belenelli is already proven with Chicago and hes had huge fourth quarters and games for the Spurs this year
one of his first games vs Portland he was the only reason we didnt get blown out
the New York game he kept draining huge 3s
recently had a game where he scored 10+ of the 4th quarter points

Mills was pretty good with Australia in the Olympics and on the Rodeo Road trip he proved he has what it takes tbh...
Pop even put him in the closing minutes of the Nuggets game last night over everyone else like Belenelli/Ginobili/Diaw

Diaw was huge in the Finals last year and hes been a Lebron stopper since hes been a Spur
Pops fault for not playing him more

all the other guys were known for disappearing in huge moments

Sybok
03-27-2014, 11:10 PM
But that implies that the current team is equally bad as the 2010 team. The 2010 team was swept in the second round by Phoenix. I would like to think the current team is a title contender. You're correct that we are equally biased; but this time, the bias has more merit.

No, it implies that Spurs fan by and large are piss poor judges of talent and just rah rah rah for the uniform.