PDA

View Full Version : Only 3 games to do...

crellis
03-26-2014, 10:39 PM
...in the month of March and the Spurs have the opportunity to record a perfect record. Do you think we can do it with games on the road against Denver and Indiana and at home to New Orleans.

I would think that an unbleamished record in March would mean very little to the Spurs in comparision to health and rhythm. And there are only 11 games of the regular season to go.

ElNono
03-26-2014, 10:40 PM
they can't do it... it's mathematically unpossible!

Mikeanaro
03-26-2014, 11:13 PM
I dont care as much as having HCA over the thunder and the Least Conference.

scanry
03-26-2014, 11:57 PM
The Clippers had one of these cute little runs last year. Look what they did in the playoffs.

Sean Cagney
03-27-2014, 12:27 AM
The Clippers had one of these cute little runs last year. Look what they did in the playoffs.We also had a 20 game win streak before... Rockets had a 22 game win streak once too I believe a few years back? I forget what year but they were on fire. None of this matters, just get ready for the playoffs and stay healthy. We limped into the playoffs last year and almost won the damn title! I would take that anyday (With actually winning this time) then winning 20 or so straight.

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-27-2014, 12:44 AM
I just want the Spurs to beat the Thunder on April 3rd.

KaiRMD1
03-27-2014, 01:26 AM
All it will do is give the ol' sports a higher position underneath whatever Lebron headline there is on ESPN (possibly)

Sean Cagney
03-27-2014, 01:50 AM
I just want the Spurs to beat the Thunder on April 3rd.

I just want them to beat that team in the playoffs this year and then move on, period. That is all I want.

spurraider21
03-27-2014, 02:25 AM
dont give a shit about the record this month. i just want to see them get closer to securing the top seed. health trumps all, obviously, but knowing we would always have game 7 at home every series is also something to think about, particularly against miami/okc

Raven
03-27-2014, 02:40 AM
without green, with that schedule, i doubt it.

HI-FI
03-27-2014, 02:55 AM
dont give a shit about the record this month. i just want to see them get closer to securing the top seed. health trumps all, obviously, but knowing we would always have game 7 at home every series is also something to think about, particularly against miami/okc
i'm on the fence. health definitely trumps all to me, and part of me wants to see them take a bunch of games off. though that game 7 is no joke, OKC is obviously gunning for it. I have to wonder if Durant will start to wear down in the playoffs, mainly because he's carried more of a load this year.

hater
03-27-2014, 03:56 AM
no they can't

you can quote me on this

superbigtime
03-27-2014, 06:32 AM
They can only try it hard to do and happen to see next what happens.

Phenomanul
03-27-2014, 08:47 AM
The Clippers had one of these cute little runs last year. Look what they did in the playoffs.

We also had a 20 game win streak before... Rockets had a 22 game win streak once too I believe a few years back? I forget what year but they were on fire. None of this matters, just get ready for the playoffs and stay healthy. We limped into the playoffs last year and almost won the damn title! I would take that anyday (With actually winning this time) then winning 20 or so straight.

The big difference being that the Spurs aren't being run into the ground as a result of the streak... Only Parker averages more than 30 mpg....

Phenomanul
03-27-2014, 08:50 AM
and that 20 game streak would have meant more if the refs hadn't rewarded all of OKC's antics... That game 6 officiating was the most attrociously refferied game this side of 2002 WC Finals...

FromWayDowntown
03-27-2014, 09:08 AM
I still think long streaks make Pop uncomfortable. I think he'll punt one of the next two (and my guess would be the game in Denver on Friday night).

Old School 44
03-27-2014, 09:26 AM
I still think long streaks make Pop uncomfortable. I think he'll punt one of the next two (and my guess would be the game in Denver on Friday night).

I agree long streaks do make Pop uncomfortable, but because of last nights 2nd half performance, they don't lose on Friday.

DesignatedT
03-27-2014, 09:27 AM
I think they will drop one of the next three. All will be pretty tough games. New Orleans is playing pretty well lately.

scanry
03-27-2014, 09:48 AM
The big difference being that the Spurs aren't being run into the ground as a result of the streak... Only Parker averages more than 30 mpg....

Pop didn't run them into the ground during that streak. Leonard, Green, Splitter, Neal & even Jackson played good minutes.

eric365
03-27-2014, 10:33 AM
if they win the next 3 games Pop / Timmy will get coach / player of the month award

poeticism707
03-28-2014, 02:28 PM
and that 20 game streak would have meant more if the refs hadn't rewarded all of OKC's antics... That game 6 officiating was the most attrociously refferied game this side of 2002 WC Finals...

This. Stern payed his boys a hefty bonus to see the Spurs backdoor swept out of the pkayoffs. And the Spurs were so good that year, it was painfully obvious even to casuals, and non Spur fans.

Hopefully the Spurs can avoid the fix this year.