PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use 120V droplights for their work?

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2014, 03:07 PM
I have found an awesome indestructible LED light bulb for them. Same output as a 150W conventional light bulb, run cool so no drop light burns and have a 5 year no question warranty. I've been testing one for three months now and my guys love it. About to order 5 more. Kind of expensive at $100 each but I think they are worth it.

DarrinS
03-28-2014, 04:52 PM
link?

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2014, 05:05 PM
link?

http://www.dropled.com/

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Didn't post the link originally because I was curious how many in here weren't skeered to get dirty.

I'm pretty sure unemployed mama's boy Kool with his baby ass soft skin doesn't even know what a drop light is.

cantthinkofanything
03-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Awesome. Should make my mechanic's life slightly better.

Wild Cobra
03-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Looks like a worthwhile investment.

Biernutz
03-28-2014, 06:08 PM
You can use a CFL bulb for a couple of bucks. You can drop the light and they wont go out
and the best part they don't get hot and burn you. Craftsman makes a LED drop light for about $20
with a 10 ft cord that is very bright. Save your $100 per bulb and buy your guys dinner.

Wild Cobra
03-28-2014, 06:16 PM
You can use a CFL bulb for a couple of bucks. You can drop the light and they wont go out
and the best part they don't get hot and burn you. Craftsman makes a LED drop light for about $20
with a 10 ft cord that is very bright. Save your $100 per bulb and buy your guys dinner.

A $20 LED isn't going to have 1100/1700 lumens.

Besides... Who wants the poisonous residue when the CFL does break?

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2014, 06:21 PM

LOL

A CFL wouldn't last 5 minutes with welding berries and then you have mercury vapor in a closed space. Nope. Ain't happening.

ALL the florescent drop lights I have tested suck. Might work great for amateur mechanics.

Wild Cobra
03-28-2014, 06:23 PM
LOL

A CFL wouldn't last 5 minutes with welding berries and then you have mercury vapor in a closed space. Nope. Ain't happening.

ALL the florescent drop lights I have tested suck. Might work great for amateur mechanics.
You probably give too much credit.

Biernutz
03-28-2014, 07:00 PM
LOL

You care about your guys? They probably didn't know that when you picked them up from the underpass this morning.

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2014, 10:14 PM
You care about your guys? They probably didn't know that when you picked them up from the underpass this morning.

Hell yeah I care about my guys. And they definitely don't live under a bridge. They make infinitely more money than smooth shiny skin Koolaid.