PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: LOL THUNDER TRADED SUPERSTAR HARDEN FOR BAG OF CHIPS

illusioNtEk
03-28-2014, 03:40 PM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/118/973/hi-res-167988801-james-harden-of-the-houston-rockets-shoots-against_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=433&q=85

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol

LOL IDIOT THUNDERUP
LOL KEVIN MARTIN
LOL WHO?
LOL WHERE IS HE NOW
LOL WESTBRICK
LOL KEVIN DURANT 2nd PLACE AGAIN
LOL CRY TO MOMMA
LOL KEVIN DURANT TRYING VERY HARD IN ALL STAR GAME WHERE HARDEN AND LEBRON CHILL
LOL WESTBRICK LEADER OF TEAM
LOL LOL LOL LOL HARDEN SUPERSTAR

http://p.twimg.com/Av9sbq6CMAIwq1P.jpg:large

Kool Bob Love
03-28-2014, 03:41 PM
:toast

Sybok
03-28-2014, 03:45 PM
For 5.8m, you're not going to even get a good bag of chips in the NBA. If RW was making what he should be making, the Thunder could have one superstar and a couple stars along with a decent bench. You cannot have two superstars and expect to keep a 3rd in today's NBA. That's the risk of acquiring a guy who's upside is so high.

The Thunder should be paying the most money to guys who do the most for the team. Tenure contracts are show stoppers.

illusioNtEk
03-28-2014, 03:48 PM
For 5.8m, you're not going to even get a good bag of chips in the NBA. If RW was making what he should be making, the Thunder could have one superstar and a couple stars along with a decent bench. You cannot have two superstars and expect to keep a 3rd in today's NBA. That's the risk of acquiring a guy who's upside is so high.

ohh comon....

Trading Harden was a result of signing Perkins to $9mil per year extension. There were alot of 7 foot thugs who could do what Perkins did for $3mil per or less. Hard fouls in the paint? Gadzuric, Ben Wallace would've kept going for that, Nazr Mohammed etc, etc. Trading Harden wasn't the mistake- it was a result of the mistake, signing Perkins. LOL SHAQTINFOOL LEGEND

Sybok
03-28-2014, 05:23 PM
ohh comon....

Trading Harden was a result of signing Perkins to $9mil per year extension. There were alot of 7 foot thugs who could do what Perkins did for $3mil per or less. Hard fouls in the paint? Gadzuric, Ben Wallace would've kept going for that, Nazr Mohammed etc, etc. Trading Harden wasn't the mistake- it was a result of the mistake, signing Perkins. LOL SHAQTINFOOL LEGEND

That's all hindsight. When the Perkins trade was made everyone said Boston got fucked by getting Green. Perkins was a big piece of the Boston Celtics, there was no reason to think he'd to tits up in OKC and tbh he did ok until Blake unloaded in his face.

They weren't going to keep Harden and to be honest they would probably be right back in the Finals last season had the frog not croaked in Houston. Harden pulled a disappearing act in the Finals anyhow. He's good but he's not a good defender. A championship team needs their 6th man to defend as well as provide a spark on offense.

Katherine Robinson
03-28-2014, 05:35 PM
With or without Harden, the end-result remains the same.

Gummi Clutch
03-28-2014, 05:36 PM
That's all hindsight. When the Perkins trade was made everyone said Boston got fucked by getting Green. Perkins was a big piece of the Boston Celtics, there was no reason to think he'd to tits up in OKC and tbh he did ok until Blake unloaded in his face.

They weren't going to keep Harden and to be honest they would probably be right back in the Finals last season had the frog not croaked in Houston. Harden pulled a disappearing act in the Finals anyhow. He's good but he's not a good defender. A championship team needs their 6th man to defend as well as provide a spark on offense.
Wasn't Harden in his 2nd or 3rd season at the time?.. that is being awfully rough on a player for disappearing in the finals tbh. Also, he was the main reason they even got to the finals. You can't exclude context like that. When you take it into consideration, he was probably more important than the chimp and obviously a much better player now. First, the chimp isn't even the 2nd banana that will ever take them to the promised land. He actually manages to take the ball out of Durant's hand while playing eratic and less efficiently. The Thunder would be much better off with Reggie Jackson at the PG and Harden along side Durant. The thunder fucked up no matter which way you spin it. They could have had multiple championships. If they don't get to the finals this year, it will be clear that Harden was integral to them getting there and they threw away their best chances at a ring.

Bynumite
03-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Suddenly everybody forgot the post-2012 Finals thread where most of the forum took a dump on Harden. 20/20 hindsight.

Sybok
03-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Wasn't Harden in his 2nd or 3rd season at the time?.. that is being awfully rough on a player for disappearing in the finals tbh. Also, he was the main reason they even got to the finals. You can't exclude context like that. When you take it into consideration, he was probably more important than the chimp and obviously a much better player now. First, the chimp isn't even the 2nd banana that will ever take them to the promised land. He actually manages to take the ball out of Durant's hand while playing eratic and less efficiently. The Thunder would be much better off with Reggie Jackson at the PG and Harden along side Durant. The thunder fucked up no matter which way you spin it. They could have had multiple championships. If they don't get to the finals this year, it will be clear that Harden was integral to them getting there and they threw away their best chances at a ring.

You're putting him on a pedestal so you've already put the spotlight on Harden. I can accept that Harden was great for his age/time in the league, but you cannot have it both ways. Either OKC was stupid for trading him AT THAT TIME or they were not. You cannot have that Harden and this Harden in the same argument.

Kevin Durant was the main reason they even got to the Finals. To say otherwise is silly. Harden was good off the bench, but the road to the Finals didn't start in the WCF.

jeebus
03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
http://p.twimg.com/Av9sbq6CMAIwq1P.jpg:large

Michael Jordan.
03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
You're putting him on a pedestal so you've already put the spotlight on Harden. I can accept that Harden was great for his age/time in the league, but you cannot have it both ways. Either OKC was stupid for trading him AT THAT TIME or they were not. You cannot have that Harden and this Harden in the same argument.

Kevin Durant was the main reason they even got to the Finals. To say otherwise is silly. Harden was good off the bench, but the road to the Finals didn't start in the WCF.

Harden helped bury the Spurs. Especially in the 4th.

DAF86
03-28-2014, 06:52 PM
I still remember thunder fans saying they wouldn't suffer the loss of Harden because of Kevin Martin. :lol

Gummi Clutch
03-28-2014, 07:07 PM

I think you're a bit unclear over my post, the obvious conclusion is that the thunder were stupid for trading him given his projected talent. Also, Of course KD was the main reason they got to the finals, he is the best offensive player in the league, I didn't dispute it... I said Harden was integral. He was the 3rd banana on the team. While Chris Bosh isn't the best player on the heat, he is integral to their success. If CB goes for nothing it would hurt the heat greatly as well. They wouldn't nearly be the same team if they traded him for a bag of chips. Furthermore, the WCF wasn't the only time Harden stepped up, he played great games before that.

Its basically a game of evaluating a proper investment. If the Thunder knew he was going to be this good....the answer is clear of course they would go over the luxury tax to keep him (they are one of the most profitable franchises in the league). They didn't however, and they are stuck with a 2nd banana that thinks he is the 1st at times---ultimately never being able to win as their team is structured.

Rogue
03-28-2014, 07:12 PM
The trio of Servant/Westchuck/Harden would've easily trumped the Miami superfriends in 2-3 years had they stuck together. :lol small market

Gummi Clutch
03-28-2014, 07:14 PM
The trio of Servant/Westchuck/Harden would've easily trumped the Miami superfriends in 2-3 years had they stuck together. :lol small market
Patience, its something that is undervalued nowadays. You are absolutely right. Glad they didn't though, as much as people think we fear OKC...we are going to punish them come PO time with the chimp out of control.

MeloHype
03-28-2014, 07:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HGOMT90.gif

benefactor
03-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Quality thread.

Kidd K
03-28-2014, 07:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HGOMT90.gif

The fuck? lol

illusioNtEk
03-28-2014, 08:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xVbBW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ggpf0.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yRD9-brlR1w/UZvwnAC0aYI/AAAAAAAACzg/sFHxXWAaqoI/s1600/kevin+durant.png

03-28-2014, 08:48 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yRD9-brlR1w/UZvwnAC0aYI/AAAAAAAACzg/sFHxXWAaqoI/s1600/kevin+durant.png

:lol skinny fat phaggot

illusioNtEk
03-28-2014, 09:25 PM
:lol skinny fat phaggot

:lol your sig is epic... hate thunder

Kool Bob Love
04-06-2014, 10:55 PM
:lmao

Sybok
04-23-2014, 11:07 PM
Harden....

illusioNtEk
07-02-2014, 12:30 AM
lol this thread still revelant.

Thread
07-02-2014, 12:35 AM
^Another piss pot chickenshit from upstairs. I spit on you.

baseline bum
07-02-2014, 01:42 AM
^Another piss pot chickenshit from upstairs. I spit on you.

You niggas got something in common