PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: How do you see the West going this year?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-30-2014, 11:23 AM
My honest opinion:

Spurs over Mavs in 5
Rockets over Warriors in 6

Clips over Guests in 5
OKC over Memphis in 6

Semi's:
Spurs over Rockets in 6
Clips over OKC in 6

I've been really impressed with LAC lately and OKC has been hot/cold. I think a OKC/SA finals would be intriguing and go seven games... but I have been starting to think lately that LAC presents a few bad matches for OKC. If they got home court obviously they would have a much better chance to make it to the finals.. I'm just not sure they will because of the Granger and Redick injury.

Venti Quattro
03-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Okc will win

RsxPiimp
03-30-2014, 11:41 AM
We've all seen this before, OKC in the Finals. It would take a perfect storm for the Spurs to get there again this season. Rockets does have a slight chance of reppin the West, as long as they avoid OKC.

Thread
03-30-2014, 11:54 AM
To be perfectly candid I see no one, not even the Heat being able to stop the Spurs from their appointed rounds. It took a miracle last time, but, because Media never dwelt on it---nobody took note. Dale took note. So did Pop & his people.

The Clippers, Thunder, Rockets, yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah, all the usual symbolism, nary a substance rank & file trash/pretenders will mark the minutes, the hours, days & months, but, that's it. They're no more a threat to the Spurs than the Lakers & the other 15 in the shine room. And when it gets to June if the Pacers are upright they'll fall to their knees and pay homage to Pop, Media sheep herding them if they so much as even think about standing up, or, back sassing. The Heat, they're looking for a cot to lay down on. And Media will be most grateful for them to go away awhile and let them have their Pop, have that dignified old time NBA Title,,,you remember it from back in '07 and prior. The word processors are already chock full of stories "we've"/{well, mostly me} written here for the past 9 months. Now these stories will see light and publication and Media will have their day once again, just like last June.

Katherine Robinson
03-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Dale writing his obituary already, not even remembering the shifting tides this season.

Christ.

03-30-2014, 12:02 PM
To be perfectly candid I see no one, not even the Heat being able to stop the Spurs from their appointed rounds. It took a miracle last time, but, because Media never dwelt on it---nobody took note. Dale took note. So did Pop & his people.

The Clippers, Thunder, Rockets, yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah, all the usual symbolism, nary a substance rank & file trash/pretenders will mark the minutes, the hours, days & months, but, that's it. They're no more a threat to the Spurs than the Lakers & the other 15 in the shine room. And when it gets to June if the Pacers are upright they'll fall to their knees and pay homage to Pop, Media sheep herding them if they so much as even think about standing up, or, back sassing. The Heat, they're looking for a cot to lay down on. And Media will be most grateful for them to go away awhile and let them have their Pop, have that dignified old time NBA Title,,,you remember it from back in '07 and prior. The word processors are already chock full of stories "we've"/{well, mostly me} written here for the past 9 months. Now these stories will see light and publication and Media will have their day once again, just like last June.

0/10 jinx attempt

03-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Dale writing his obituary already, not even remembering the shifting tides this season.

Christ.

Christ!

Thread
03-30-2014, 12:03 PM
0/10 jinx attempt

That's for children and men who are children.

Mugen
03-30-2014, 12:04 PM

Bend over, I'll show ya a miracle.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 12:06 PM

Dale, capitulating to the Spurs. Christ!

Thread
03-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Dale, capitulating to the Spurs. Christ!

It's called maturity, CN. Frankly something you know little about.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 12:25 PM
It's called maturity, CN. Frankly something you know little about.
:rolleyes

KL2
03-30-2014, 12:29 PM
OKC will pound SA in the ass

Thread
03-30-2014, 12:47 PM
OKC will pound SA in the ass

As soon as they're under the gun they'll fold up like a cheap tent. You can see it comin' a mile away. They've been teetering on the edge of calamity for over 2 years now. It's not even a build up to something good. It's a mish-mash of ignorance & true lack of talent.

ElNono
03-30-2014, 01:05 PM
If the first round matchup is OKC/Memphis... then I'm picking Memphis to get out of that round... dem bears are no pushover, and their game is tailor-made for the playoffs... I'm also not sold Perk will be 100% then and that's a series they're going to need him...

ElNono
03-30-2014, 01:18 PM
FWIW, while I think Blake can be great, I'm not sure he's there yet to take the Clippers deep into the playoffs... IMO, that's going to be a subplot to follow these playoffs...

BanditHiro
03-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Spur win it easily tbh...KD cares more about winning the MVP than he does about winning a title and he is putting all his effort to win it...he will be burned out come playoff time and not to mention OKC defense is fucking abysmal.

whitemamba
03-30-2014, 03:19 PM
OKC probably coming out of the west tbh..

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Damn, Lakerfan and Kirbystan shamelessly bandwagoning onto MethKC :lol

Gummi Clutch
03-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Spurs, not even a question. Clipps monkeyball and it seems Houston is the only team they really own. OKC has the chimp who will implode and they don't have Harden now--a big spur killer. Houston may have lost Pat Beverly for the season, they are not going to threaten the spurs anymore.

Mark in Austin
03-30-2014, 04:32 PM
If Beverly opts for meniscus repair (and not trimming / removal) and is out for the playoffs, then Hou isn't the spoiler they could have been. W/ Parker, Westbrook, Paul, Lillard, Curry Houston needs more than Lin to make a dent in this year's playoffs.

Biggest questions to me are:
1. Is the Clips improvement from Rivers coaching real or not? In playoff pressure will they continue to excel or will they revert to what they've been the last couple seasons?

2. Can the OKC role players step up? Two years ago Harden was the xfactor that pushed OKC past the Spurs to the finals. With no Harden replacement emerging, can the do it by committee approach work at the highest levels of NBA competition / intensity?

Gummi Clutch
03-30-2014, 04:34 PM
If Beverly opts for meniscus repair (and not trimming / removal) and is out for the playoffs, then Hou isn't the spoiler they could have been. W/ Parker, Westbrook, Paul, Lillard, Curry Houston needs more than Lin to make a dent in this year's playoffs.

Biggest questions to me are:
1. Is the Clips improvement from Rivers coaching real or not? In playoff pressure will they continue to excel or will they revert to what they've been the last couple seasons?

2. Can the OKC role players step up? Two years ago Harden was the xfactor that pushed OKC past the Spurs to the finals. With no Harden replacement emerging, can the do it by committee approach work at the highest levels of NBA competition / intensity?
Hell no. If OKC beats the spurs (barring injury) I will stop posting for a year. THats how much faith I have in our team.

dbreiden83080
03-30-2014, 05:25 PM
OKC will be tough in the West Finals but I love the thought of not having to deal with Harden again in a 7 game series. But if Tony plays like ass again it might not matter..

Rogue
03-31-2014, 05:55 AM
I'll give spurs the edge over mavs but I don't think it's gonna be an easy one tbh. at least 6 games will have been played before either team wins out.

Killakobe81
03-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Damn, Lakerfan and Kirbystan shamelessly bandwagoning onto MethKC :lol

I already said spurs one week of the season in ...no reason to change Spurs/OKC WCF
Repeat finals on the way ...

scanry
03-31-2014, 12:07 PM
I already said spurs one week of the season in ...no reason to change Spurs/OKC WCF
Repeat finals on the way ...

Certainly hope so cause the circle jerkers upstairs will commit harakiri or seppuku.